Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22658 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ezeagu(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2009
akigbemaru:

I think by my own assessment, I think Yorubas are fair as compared to most Igbopeople who predominantly look like monkeys.

Not only is that obviously not true, but it also shows self hate. . . . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2009
hahhaa
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by deb(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2009
When Fashola,his Yoruba brothers and their chief conterpart ,the Hausas were busy looting,exploiting,embezling and maginalising the Niger deltans , it was fine , now MEND simply Bombed something that Niger deltan's money was used to build, the Shameless Gov Fashola is on press making useless noise and empty threat .

Mend did a highly commendable job, I advice them to move over here and bomb the Fct, Kano , Kaduna, Jos, Borno and Niger state. they should aslo bomb some other places in the west, lagos is not enough and their last week attack was too small.

May the bombing reach your home in Abuja
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2009
I cant blv that someone will encourage the bombing to continue and that the one in Lagos wasn't enuf.
So what is your justification of what is happening and what you encourage?
What do u stand for and what do you fight for, peace ?
If you really wanna bomb and fight, go near aso rock and make a statement by bombing the aso rock.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ocelot2006(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ becoomrich, I don't know where u got ur map from, but Akwa Ibom and cross river are part of the Niger-delta. By the way, after Delta state Akwa-Ibom is the 2nd largest oil producing state in Nigeria.
By the way, I think my fellow brothers and sisters from the Niger-delta could learn a thing or two from these two states. While Rivers, Bayelsa, and Delta are in turmoil, everything's quiet in Akwa-Ibom and CRS, and I'm yet to hear of MEND blow up a single exxon-mobile pipeline or the qua-ibeo terminal in Eket. The last time MEND came in, it was the common masses that drove them out. Maybe all these is due to the fact that both states have forward thinking governors who think of providing the basic amenities that makes life abit easy for us. It's no wonder that expatriates tend to migrate to these states as they're safe & easy to reside in.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by sley4life(m): 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
The villa is the right place 2 bomb
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2009
That is what i have been telling them since oh, that it takes a coward to be bombing the areas that are armless.
They need to take the fight to aso rock and bomb Yar"adua is they have the balls
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by deb(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2009
Seriously, take your biafran bullshit somewhere else. We have more than enough problems in the Niger-Delta. The last thing we need are fools like you calling for the killing of my fellow Nigerian brothers and sisters (hausa, yoruba, etc). And we definitely don't want to be associated with morons like you and MASSOB. Hey, why don't you take care of your own eastern governors that are busy taking oaths in shrines and looting the coffers of eastern states. And speaking of tribalism here, I will blame you useless biafrans. Maybe if you hadn't carried out the 1st coup in the 60s (killing govt officials 'cos they were hausas or yorubas), you wouldn't have had your collective asses handed over to you in the civil war, and this nation wouldn't have been so divided ion tribal lines. So take your bullshit somewhere else  .

Thank you my brother.
Igbo started the tribal war and have been suffering for it since they started, and up until now they are  still looking for who to blame for their self-imposed woe
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2009
hahhha more trait

still enjoyin na ooooo
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by fayahsoul: 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2009
MEND/Biafrans/RBG/Bakassi boyz don't need a revolutionary political party as some have suggested because political parties are exactly what they are: "parties".

Political parties are momentary and easy targets for infiltration.

What MEND/Biafrans/RBG/Bakassi boys need is a revolutionary culture which they already have. A revolutionary culture is the embodiment of a self-determined state of beingness. It's a way of life that is sustained by the very reality of the groups existence. It is eternal and indestructible.

Long live the land of the rising sun.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2009
fayahsoul:

MEND/Biafrans/RBG/Bakassi boyz don't need a revolutionary political party as some have suggested because political parties are exactly what they are: "parties".

Political parties are momentary and easy targets for infiltration.

What MEND/Biafrans/RBG/Bakassi boys need is a revolutionary culture which they already have. A revolutionary culture is the embodiment of a self-determined state of beingness. It's a way of life that is sustained by the very reality of the groups existence. It is eternal and indestructible.

Long live the land of the rising sun.

I fail to paint a clear picture of your ulterior motive behind the inclusion of MEND in your Biafran activities! You have no say about anything on western's territory we are all families. Modakeke fought with Ife and South fought with north in USA. Therefore, anybody can fight, but Bleep the other side (anything across that river Niger) in the EAST. We are straight and if you think when your Biafran twice beaten war bursts, you could seek asylum on the western territory; you must be suffering from grandiose of delusion.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 12:17am On Jul 18, 2009
ikeyman00:

@@@@

and how does yorobos pronouncoe oil

the most eduacted,most civilised haba eyaoooooooooo

yes urban town, for where, oduduwa can carry on deludin his self

but 1 consolation here is with the internet the world can have a look or glimspe

u cannt fool them oooo

Yes, we called it oil not Oyel like you.

[Yoruba achievement and success before Arab and European invasion:]
we set pace over the course of centuries. We built the first story building, the first school, the first ammunition “Basukka local guns,” the first Urbanized cities across Africa, the first and ony tribe with highest twins' or multiple birth in world history, while your people still walking around butt naked in the bush we had local woven fabric “A so o fi,” first scuptor and most superior and distinct of all African art and artifact and the strongest military built up in the whole Africa by Oranyamiyan. This Yoruba warrior had a tall staff to commemorate his lost solders during tribal wars. The staff became a prototype for National monument in Washington DC, built by USA’s military to commemorate their solders too.

[Three years’ assessment after the self-autonomy government of 1956:]
Yoruba people, the largest homogenous ethnic group in Africa, are highly urbanized. Yorubaland boasts of some of the Flourishing cities in Africa
Each of the more than 20 cities in Yorubaland has a population of over a million inhabitants. When in 1959 the British colonial government conducted a census of Nigeria, out of the ten most populous and strategic cities, eight (cool were located in Yorubaland. These are: Lagos, lbadan, Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ijebu-Ode, Ado-Ekiti and Akure.
The Yoruba race boasts of an array of highly qualified professionals. The naked truth it is that it parades the highest number of intellectuals on the continent of Africa, a tradition bequeathed to the race by her early access to Western education. The Literacy levels in Yorubaland are above 70% while 40% of the literates are qualified professionals of diverse disciplines and professionals careers.

[Few weeks before independence’s assessment:]
Yorubas under self-regional government took a giant stride of 60% in health, education, culture, industrialization, infrastructures in the entity called Nigeria.
@@@@Irk-man00, they said somebody older than you and you said is by little? You must completely be on powder! It might just take you two millenniums to get to where he's at! Just proof me wrong on this fact!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 12:29am On Jul 18, 2009
^^^^

hahhahha yes surely u right

but yes me listen

u are free to parade what u want! its ur court after all;

u picture what u picture

however im afraid what me picture is simply oduduwa trait!!

till u proof me wrong , then i think i have a case to answer

yes the first to build skyscraper abi

wear clothes

the only thing nobody will argue on is yorubas have the
most twins, when i say yoruba; i mean yorubas from wetin bi that place again osun me right

but in a world today, we all know it down to the genetic thing of those osun Yorubas not all like mugu like u, just those from that place, wherever it is, so stress out

and by the way, which storey buildin u talkin about plz

the only nightmare here is more twins more oduduwa trait comin grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 12:32am On Jul 18, 2009
as primitives as the yoruba was is back in time, they used to kill those twin

right?? with mind like that wetin they fit develop ? jungle mind , absolutely nothing

then in benin empire, the wolrd see alot of art ? me right

or the yoruba buildin was blockin the oduduwa view?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by fayahsoul: 12:43am On Jul 18, 2009
okokomeji:

we set pace over the course of centuries. We built the first story building, the first school, the first ammunition “Basukka local guns,” the first Urbanized cities across Africa, the first and ony tribe with highest twins' or multiple birth in world history, while your people still walking around butt naked in the bush we had local woven fabric “A so o fi,” first scuptor and most superior and distinct of all African art and artifact and the strongest military built up in the whole Africa by Oranyamiyan. This Yoruba warrior had a tall staff to commemorate his lost solders during tribal wars. The staff became a prototype for National monument in Washington DC, built by USA’s military to commemorate their solders too.

Yoruba people, the largest homogenous ethnic group in Africa, are highly urbanized. Yorubaland boasts of some of the Flourishing cities in Africa
Each of the more than 20 cities in Yorubaland has a population of over a million inhabitants. When in 1959 the British colonial government conducted a census of Nigeria, out of the ten most populous and strategic cities, eight (cool were located in Yorubaland. These are: Lagos, lbadan, Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ijebu-Ode, Ado-Ekiti and Akure.
The Yoruba race boasts of an array of highly qualified professionals. The naked truth it is that it parades the highest number of intellectuals on the continent of Africa, a tradition bequeathed to the race by her early access to Western education. The Literacy levels in Yorubaland are above 70% while 40% of the literates are qualified professionals of diverse disciplines and professionals careers.

Yorubas under self-regional government took a giant stride of 60% in health, education, culture, industrialization, infrastructures in the entity called Nigeria.
@@@@Irk-man00, they said somebody older than you and you said is by little? You must completely be on powder! It might just take you two millenniums to get to where he's at! Just proof me wrong on this fact!

bla bla bla. . .Yet the yoruba are scared shitless of sovereignty and self-determination. lol.

Stop living in a false past glory
  tongue
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 12:58am On Jul 18, 2009
Are you talking about Yorubas, the "H" factor people? Have you ever seen a Yoruba person pronounce "HAS"? For those Yorubas it is "AS" Most of them on this forum still write as they use to pronouce many words and the worst of them is that fool that comes here with several handles such as Becomerich, Egwuofor, Tafo4lif, Edwardd and other several handles he opens on daily base.
Yorubas and pronounciation in the same sentence? This fool okokomeji  must be living in lalala land and doesn't have any shame. You should not throw stone into a crowded market. It is a known fact that Yorubas are the worst word pronouncers on the whole nigeria. For those Ogbologbos, RICH is RISH, HOUSE na OUS, SECOND na SECO, CHOP na SHOP? REACH for those ogbologbos is REASH, RELATION na RELASHON
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 18, 2009
Bialegend:

Are you talking about Yorubas, the "H" factor people? Have you ever seen a Yoruba person pronounce "HAS"? For those Yorubas it is "AS" Most of them on this forum still write as they use to pronouce many words and the worst of them is that fool that comes here with several handles such as Becomerich, Egwuofor, Tafo4lif, Edwardd and other several handles he opens on daily base.
Yorubas and pronounciation in the same sentence? This fool okokomeji  must be living in lalala land and doesn't have any shame. You should not throw stone into a crowded market. It is a known fact that Yorubas are the worst word pronouncers on the whole nigeria. Ogbologbos.

ok you people need to make up your minds

do Yoruba drop the aitches or do they over emphasize them?

You're confusing Yorubas themselves because it seems you're zigzagging with no sense of direction like lost ants wandering in the desert.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 18, 2009
ezeagu:

Not only is that obviously not true, but it also shows self hate. . . . .

he's very wrong jare. Dont mind him- he wants to claim Yorubas are light skinned. lipsrsealed

Igbos and easterners are the only light skinned tribes in Nigeria.

Yorubas are the blackest, darkest, ugliest, smelliest and most unhygenic tribe, as we all know.

Who hasnt been to Lagos and seen all the street beggars, Yorubas living under flyover bridges, and all the Yoruba market women like myself with their loud mouths?

trash heaps, stinking gutters, ugly houses- them full Yorubaland. Yorubas come dey form for here as if them get class.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 1:15am On Jul 18, 2009
@Irk-man00
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
yes im for real!!! and if u need answer the thread speak for itself

all my life in UK, my whole friends are yoruba till date, but i never standby whereever i picture that trait!!

so tubaibabe

me stand to be corect, proof me wrong then i will appologise till then the world is watchin
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm, actions speak louder than words. I checked your 3,300 comments and everything full of slurs and expletives about other tribes (strictly on Yorubas) and you said you got Yorubas’ friends. If you think you are fooling people, you had better not fooled yourself. Then, I quickly inferred that you must be among those out-straight Biafrans who never fully experienced the city life; because they hate Yorubas with passions! Anyway, we have learned to deal with all the haters.
My six Igbo friends revealed me a staggering secret, how they whole-heartedly hate both Hausas and Yorubas. I asked them why they despise us like that, when we had nothing for you people but love. As I’m talking right now, I am still showing love, it’s just what’s it.
They said stories about Biafran war are the most tell-tale stories of all time in Igbo land and they will forever breed the hates for generations to even their unborn children. One of them says Hausa people looted properties and killed their people and I asked why they hate Yorubas, another one says, Yorubas are betrayal. They specifically point fingers at sage Pa Awolowo. They said he reneged on the promise that he was going to help them liberate. They told me for that reason they always killed most Yorubas and Hausas off the street in the east. They even boosted that they never had Yorubas or Hausas friends before and they don’t usually see them on the street like that (because when it’s dawn and Okija needs blood, it’s usually be foreigners for sacrifice). My concern is everywhere you go in Southwest or west generally, you will usually see them in packs. If you Igbos could be one-tenth accommodating like Yorubas that could be nice.
Then, they come in battalion to Lagos and when it’s time to vote; they run back to east or time for cleaning they back off. Now, it’s time to sit Lagos high (Mega status) and if you don’t like it you can just leave. LAMTA’s shibboleth right now is if you can’t clean Lagos up, please leave.
I want to make it clear to all the ibos who are traitors, those who migrate in multitudes to our region to achieve their south western dreams and still talking bad our us at the end of the day. Everything on our soil will ask you anyway.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by omonaij(m): 1:17am On Jul 18, 2009
abeg, as much as i am not one for violence, some states behave like the oil issue and violence no concern them. Its good that at least they brought it to the OGA's front. Now Nigeria will sit up!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Bialegend(m): 1:18am On Jul 18, 2009
tpia.:

he's very wrong jare. Dont mind him- he wants to claim Yorubas are light skinned. lipsrsealed

Yorubas are the blackest, darkest, ugliest, smelliest and most unhygenic tribe, as we all know.

Who hasnt been to Lagos and seen all the street beggars, Yorubas living under flyover bridges, and all the Yoruba market women like myself with their loud mouths?

trash heaps, stinking gutters, ugly houses- them full Yorubaland. Yorubas come dey form for here as if them get class.
You didn't tell us what we don't already know. If anyone want to confirm those orobo people's dirtiness, the dirty champions of nigeria, just watch this video teasing nigerian tribes and see how dirtiness of every other thing is used to describe those dirty idiots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmzo9vXrb4
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by okokomeji: 2:05am On Jul 18, 2009
tpia.:

Stop the bullshits! Let's hear words, where is the light-skinned girl you are talking about? Maybe you are meant to say "Yellow-fever" (hey girl, you dey bleach oo you dey bleach, your face na yellow and your monkey “yanshi or ass” is blacker than charcoal) I heard it's part of Igbo culture for girls to be bleaching? We know your "Yellow fever" if they first moved to Lagos; first by their body odors (caused through sweats missing with bleaching soap) and second by seeing (a lot of Tura soap cases around and Sarina cream tube littered around. Give them three days under the scorching sun of Africa and never rubbed that cream and soap, you shall know through their kneels, elbows and ankles; would be so rough and charcoal.
I don't know, I might be missing something, but I'm black and proud and I'm done f.ucking girl across all races; never seen something better than that black, ebony, chocolate, odorless girl. Believe me buddy!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 18, 2009
Bialegend:

You didn't tell us what we don't already know. If anyone want to confirm those orobo people's dirtiness, the dirty champions of nigeria, just watch this video teasing nigerian tribes and see how dirtiness of every other thing is used to describe those dirty idiots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBmzo9vXrb4

true jare.

I just dey confirm am.

na Yoruba dorty pass for Nigeria.

Them no sabi hygiene at all.

Very cowardly too.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ikeyman00(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2009
Hmmm, actions speak louder than words. I checked your 3,300 comments and everything full of slurs and expletives about other tribes (strictly on Yorubas) and you said you got Yorubas’ friends. If you think you are fooling people, you had better not fooled yourself. Then, I quickly inferred that you must be among those out-straight Biafrans who never fully experienced the city life; because they hate Yorubas with passions! Anyway, we have learned to deal with all the haters.
My six Igbo friends revealed me a staggering secret, how they whole-heartedly hate both Hausas and Yorubas. I asked them why they despise us like that, when we had nothing for you people but love. As I’m talking right now, I am still showing love, it’s just what’s it.
They said stories about Biafran war are the most tell-tale stories of all time in Igbo land and they will forever breed the hates for generations to even their unborn children. One of them says Hausa people looted properties and killed their people and I asked why they hate Yorubas, another one says, Yorubas are betrayal. They specifically point fingers at sage Pa Awolowo. They said he reneged on the promise that he was going to help them liberate. They told me for that reason they always killed most Yorubas and Hausas off the street in the east. They even boosted that they never had Yorubas or Hausas friends before and they don’t usually see them on the street like that (because when it’s dawn and Okija needs blood, it’s usually be foreigners for sacrifice). My concern is everywhere you go in Southwest or west generally, you will usually see them in packs. If you Igbos could be one-tenth accommodating like Yorubas that could be nice.
Then, they come in battalion to Lagos and when it’s time to vote; they run back to east or time for cleaning they back off. Now, it’s time to sit Lagos high (Mega status) and if you don’t like it you can just leave. LAMTA’s shibboleth right now is if you can’t clean Lagos up, please leave.
I want to make it clear to all the ibos who are traitors, those who migrate in multitudes to our region to achieve their south western dreams and still talking bad our us at the end of the day. Everything on our soil will ask you anyway.

nonesense
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by NegroNtns(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2009
This forum is a microcosm of the mindset in the society at large. The responses given here by some of the Deltans and some Igbos and some Yorubas serve quite well as an indication or a guage into where and which direction an average member of the respective ethnic groups is leaning on this issue of MEND and the equilibrium of power in the Federal system.

To sample social responses on policies, political scientists use focus groups. They collect people of opposing background and viewpoints and lump them together in a debate. No one has collected us together but invariably we have served as a very important focus group for the issue and hopefully someone is interested and making notes.

The Southerners have been graduating en masse from top ranking colleges while the Northerners were still struggling with a choice between arabic school and western education, and to say that Southerners are marginalised by a people who lag behind them in academic knowledge only goes to prove that in politics you ned more than academic excellence. You need raw strategy and know-how for competing against adversaries. Those who do not have gut for political assertion must be left to the side. Telling Yorubas and Hausas to make room for you on the table and to sponsor your inclusion is stupid. This is like the Hausas telling you to stop sending your children to school so their children can catch up academically, and I'm sure they probably made such demand. . . but did you take your child out of school for them?

Oh. . . the Youbas betrayed us,. . . oh, the Yorubas are not supporting us. . . oh, the Yorubas are colluding with North. . .

NEWSFLASH!!! You are playing victim. As long you keep claiming that Yorubas hold the solution to your destiny, then you are further legitimizing their hold on power and make it less likely that they yield power sharing to you. Explosives and terror is not going to change that. Its your approach and political strategy that will change it. You must learn to eliminate political adversary while securing the underlying relevance that the adversary possess. You have a long way to go.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ziga: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2009
I thought off topic posts were meant to be deleted.

This thread is extremely shameful. Typical Nigerian mentality and their big mouth trying to be superior to each other. BTW, I am Nigerian too.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by queentayo: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2009
As usual you have hijacked the discussion from MEND to BIAFRA very typical. Abeg move to your discussion board
Attention seekers. E dey pain you say u know see yorubas use as mugus

SATIRE to @bialegend, @Ikeyman00 and Co

Inspite of your 'Great Intelligence'
You pretend the Yorubas are irrelevant and yet he is the cause of All your Failures and Woes.
Yet Its taking you so long to do Away or Without the Yorubas the cause of All your Failures and Woes

You cannot get rid of the Yorubas who is but a 'Speck '
how then can you deal with the region you have identified as the devil

You cannot see that the ant eating the Spinach lives right there on the spinach where your
fellow tribesmen are looting state coffers and taking diabolical oaths in shrines and murdering their own.

Its taking you so long to know the Yorubas cannot be trusted
Yet it took the Yorubas a short time to know 'You who cannot trust his brother cannever be trusted'
According to Igbo man saying
if you see an Mbaise man (Igbo man) and a snake, kill the Mbaise man 1st, another igbo man will rather trust the snake than Igbo Man So MUCH FOR TRUST IGBO MAN TO IGBO MAN how much more me stranger

You cannot see that the whole of West Africa if not the whole world is waiting for NO Nigeria and birth of other states.From China to South Africa, to Libya and Italy including MOI all tired of Nigeria

Grow up, take responsibilities for your actions, be a man and stop Moaning like a child
WHAT IS TAKING YOU SO LONG TO CREATE YOUR OWN STATE
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Whizzkido: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2009
Wat is all dis nonsense.are u starting a tribal war here?u should knw better.am not a yoruba nor ibo nor hausa am just a Nigerian.one love,one unity One country.STOP ALL THis rubbish!!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wirinet(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2009
This tread has degenerated into a tribal "roforofo" fight. Please lets return to civil discussions.

Returning to MENDS attack on Atlas Cove, after reading Henry Okah's response to the attack. I now understand that it as a message to Obama on touching Africa's soil, to let him know that all is not well in Nigeria contrary to what Yaradua would have told them at the G8 meeting. A attack on FG facility in Lagos would make world news but an attack in Niger Delta is no longer news. So the attack was not a affront on Yorubas or Lagosians.

If FG facilities could be so easily attacked, then I wonder what work the Director of Military Intelligence is doing.  Because the attack raises serious concern on the security of our National asserts.  And they want to build nuclear power stations.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tunku(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2009
I read this thread and my heart weeps heavily at the complete mental degradation of the majority of people that posted here molly cuddling their tribal prejudices. Putting down other people for being black and dark as if that would illuminate their ignorant minds. All you tribalists are part of the problem, but hang on to your ethnic bigotry if it gives you comfort, but do remember you damn yourselves and your children to the petty ignorance that has blighted Nigeria for decades. I can say this without equivocation: the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by ziga: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2009
tunku:

I read this thread and my heart weeps heavily at the complete mental degradation of the majority of people that posted here molly cuddling their tribal prejudices. Putting down other people for being black and dark as if that would illuminate their ignorant minds. All you tribalists are part of the problem, but hang on to your ethnic bigotry if it gives you comfort, but do remember you damn yourselves and your children to the petty ignorance that has blighted Nigeria for decades. I can say this without equivocation: the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians.

I think you hit the nail on the head. And if i may add to that - we get the kind of leaders we deserve!!!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by deb(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2009

Each of the more than 20 cities in Yorubaland has a population of over a million inhabitants. When in 1959 the British colonial government conducted a census of Nigeria, out of the ten most populous and strategic cities, eight (Cool were located in Yorubaland. These are: Lagos, lbadan, Ogbomosho, Ilorin, Oyo, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ijebu-Ode, Ado-Ekiti and Akure.

You forgot to mention that the first TV station in west africa was started by Yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Anti-graft War: Buhari In Dilemma Over Judges / FFK Hits Hard On Sheriff's Emergence As PDP Chairman Again / Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.