Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,758 members, 7,840,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen (25208 Views)

Protest In Abraka Over The Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Faces Of Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue Yesterday (Photos) / Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by ruemu(m): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
nice move.. However i think it should spread across the state not just Akure.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
Very commendable.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Joysmart(f): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2016
Excellent move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by pmakina: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
The Fulanis should keep their madness(cows) in the far north, each state can go their and buy(import) according to their need.thats the only way to avoid clashes.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Alanzazani: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
This is what state governments are supposed to be doing? Ban the assholes let's see if they will wage war against constituted authority. Bloody cowards that only know how to kill women, children and the aged with weapons their patrons purchase for them. Make them face farmers mano o mano (man to man) and see how their skinny asses would be beat to death. Heartless bastards that equate the life of a human to cattle. Their day of reckoning is fast approaching. They roam abuja withthier cattle now. I respect el rufai cos he was able to ensure there was sanity in abuja. Just along airport road some weeks back these devils saw a poor fellow that went to take a dump in the bush at night. They just for the fun of it attacked him. Hit him with a matchete on his he'd and he died. They are high way robbers at night and rapists. Pls let's all use the social media to show the barbarism of the fulanis to the world #stopfulanimurderers

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by okuneddie(m): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Welcome Development. Let other states follow suit.

bros seriously before Ondo state, Osun state had already done that...u can't see mere goat by the road side in Oshogbo talk less of cattle. They are all seen as stray goat or cattle....nice development... all states should follow
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by repogirl(f): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Built2last:
History tells us that Fulani establish Emirates by killing and conquering a people. The kingdom of Uthman Dan Fodio was established by blood and so they are blood thirsty forever.

.I have continue to wonder why state governors are expecting Buhari to secure their state for them.

Look at Agatu, Lagos, Nassarwa, ogun and other states that these vampires have killed, raped and robbed with reckless abandon.
One wonders what state governors are doing. They brandish themselves as chief security officers of the state yet can't secure a village.

If I am governor and as an outsider a chicken not even a human being dies. I won't negotiate with you. Your disappearance will be so silent that you will wake up to discover both you and your cow is in hell

How can you leave your desert infested land come to my green area to graze nd then turn arround to kill and maim my people. They never born you.

Again Buhari silence being the Life patron of Miyyetti Allah is worrisome. ..are they working for him?

Lalasticlala give me water...I dey vex abeg
you need the water abeg.

But.... Cows in hell ke? LMAO! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
This will cause trouble
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by bittertruthz: 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adeyinka12:
What is wrong with this hausa-fulani people . Is it because the president is from there region ?

My brother is not about their brother president or Buhari. 2009 i saw cattle in MM airport few meters away from run-way.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by K9blunt(f): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
tomakint:
I don't know when other Yoruba speaking States will start to get it right like the Ondo people..(thank God for my Ekiti indigenes too)...undecided this is what Ogun, Kwara, Osun, Lagos, Oyo and other Southern States ought to have done many many years back but they keep crying to one mumu FG that careless...... Spread the operation stop Cattle grazing around the States. Kudos to Mimiko.

Cc: Lalasticlala over to you

That's it.......enough of insulting the fg over the poor jobs of state governments, the Fulani killings that happened aren't the governors supposed to checkmate them?

The federal government has other pressing matters to attend and his job is for the country at large not states , state problems are state government jobs to tackle thats part of what they've been voted for.

In fact if I'm wrong can you enlighten me on what state governments jobs are?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2016
Built2last:
History tells us that Fulani establish Emirates by killing and conquering a people. The kingdom of Uthman Dan Fodio was established by blood and so they are blood thirsty forever.

.I have continue to wonder why state governors are expecting Buhari to secure their state for them.

Look at Agatu, Lagos, Nassarwa, ogun and other states that these vampires have killed, raped and robbed with reckless abandon.
One wonders what state governors are doing. They brandish themselves as chief security officers of the state yet can't secure a village.

If I am governor and as an outsider a chicken not even a human being dies. I won't negotiate with you. Your disappearance will be so silent that you will wake up to discover both you and your cow is in hell

How can you leave your desert infested land come to my green area to graze nd then turn arround to kill and maim my people. They never born you.

Again Buhari silence being the Life patron of Miyyetti Allah is worrisome. ..are they working for him?

This is one Nigeria,no government have right to do so,free movement of people and goods
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by dondokunseun(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
YORUBA RONU

For how long are we going to remain a COWARD in our land? Many innocent lives are dying daily because of our cowardness.

HAUSAS and YORUBA fight in Lagos.

Imagin an insult in our land.

If in SOUTH EAST they have MILLITANT Speaking for their land,

If in NORTH EAST they have BOKO HARAM

If in NORTH WEST they have AREWA YOUTHS and LOCAL HUNTERS

If in SOUTH SOUTH they have MASSOB/IPOB speaking for them

Where is our OPC in SOUTH WEST.

Are they only in our land for election campaign or federal contract?

#whowillsaveus.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by erico2k2(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
Mrchippychappy:
Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen, Threatens To Arrest Defaulters
Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ebiseni said the State government had already given the Fulani herdsmen a one week ultimatum to evacuate their cattle from the main town of Akure.

He declared that any Fulani nomadic herdsman grazing cattle at night would also be considered thieves and handed over to the law enforcement agencies.

"We don't want to see the Fulani herdsmen grazing cattle within the streets of Akure, the State capital,” Mr. Ebiseni said. "Animals are not reared on the road in our own towns. They are allowed in the outskirts of the town.”

A SaharaReporters correspondent reported that a monitoring task force team from the Ministry of Environment in the State has been mandated to ensure strict compliance of the order.

"The team is also saddled with the responsibility of dealing decisively with any erring cattle rearers that would flout such order from the State government,” our correspondent reported.

Additionally, the State government resolved that cattle dealers and marketers should register as an association or body with proof of identification. The government claimed that this would help identify cattle rearers who incite trouble and violence.

Among the other major areas forbidden for Fulani herdsmen to graze their cattle in the State included: Oba ile Road, Ode-ilekun Road, Barracks/Ondo Road, Airport/Owo Road, Adofure/Idanre Road, including all permanent residential estates.

During the meeting, Akin Olotu, an environmental activist and chairman of the Agricultural Commodities Association in Ondo State, called for a proper synergy between the States in the federation and the federal government in establishing cattle ranches for the benefit of Fulani nomadic herdsmen.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/04/ondo-state-bans-activities-fulani-nomadic-herdsmen-threatens-arrest-defaulters
That's good governance
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by erico2k2(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2016
dondokunseun:
YORUBA RONU

For how long are we going to remain a COWARD in our land? Many innocent lives are dying daily because of our cowardness.

#whowillsaveus.
They thing tire person
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by ibraz01: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2016
Built2last:

... Is that what your religion teaches ?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by JahJaa(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:

This is one Nigeria,no government have right to do so,free movement of people and goods
i wunt Judge you.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Dekatron(m): 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Where are the fuckers saying yorubas are cowards

Has Enugu got balls to do this? Where are you dawggs all at?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Hollaniyii(m): 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2016
Unfortunately the Fulani operating in the cities are hired by the elites to carry out their operations. The cattle are not Fulanis but the elites. Cattle rearing should be banned in the south, it's not our job and it kills agriculture. Buhari is aiming to establish settlement for his cancerous brothers in the south. Mind u I'm a pro Buhari but have zero tolerance for tribalism and nepotism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by olu77(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2016
UrbanMystique:
Fulani herdsmen have been wrecking havoc before buhari became the president. Stop making it about him.

You are right. They wrecked the worst havocs ever when we had their extremely weak hero as president yet he couldn't even come up with a helpful suggestion. However, this is a very welcome development.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by UrbanMystique: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
olu77:

You are right. They wrecked the worst havocs ever when we had their extremely weak hero as president yet he couldn't even come up with a helpful suggestion. However, this is a very welcome development.
undecided
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Eyor1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good move.
They should be oust from the south in general.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
papaejima1:
Interesting.
But will the herdsmen obey?

Now what will happen when they disobey and you arrest them and later release them, then they descend on your community and raze it to the ground wiping out both humans and animals in the middle of the night?
didn't you hear tha task force was formed? You think the task force won't be equipped ? In my opinion ,they should equip the task force more than Nigerian army, with sofiscated weapons, armoured car. Heavy artillery, machine guns. they are worse than bokoharam, they should also include air patrol oh. It's time we start to take somethings serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by erico2k2(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
olu77:

Make unu dey dere dey make noise. Instead of unu to round up the cows and make one year worth of Suya unu dey dull thisngs
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by olu77(m): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2016
ChoCandyDiamond:

Armed robbers will also agree with you that they have the right to operate. If they can't stop the bad eggs amongst them then they should be restricted. Meanwhile no sane society will allow cattles to disrupt freeflow of traffic
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Godsate: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2016
don't want to see the Fulani herdsmen grazing cattle within the streets of Akure, the State capital,” Mr. Ebiseni said. "Animals are not reared on the road in our own towns. They are allowed in the outskirts of the town.”

The statement above is funny. Are the killing of the farmers by the Fulanis done along the streets of Akure? They attacked farmers in the farms. So I'm so surprise to read that they are allowed in the outskirts of the town.

It's the responsibility of every state government to protect their citizen. Ekiti, Ogun Kogi and Benue governments are still waiting for Buhari to come and help them protect their citizen.

Lol

Let there be only cow market in our cities. Let the cow traders bring their cows with trailers and drop them in the cow markets. Let these traders arrange for people that can help them cut grass from the bush to feed the cows in the market.

Rearing of cows must be ban in the west.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by InvertedHammer: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Adeyinka12:
What is wrong with this hausa-fulani people . Is it because the president is from there region ?
/
Nothing is wrong with them.

Blame the communities that tolerate their nonsense even with the fore knowledge that they are marauders.

If the next time Fulani herdsmen approach a community and the community fires up a barbeque grill for beef suya, the menace will stop. The government has proved that they cannot defend her communities. It is very foolish of the communities to turn into sitting ducks to be slaughtered by the Fulani herdsmen.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by seunny4lif(m): 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
angry
The thing taya me too
Sometimes I wonder what are our Yoruba leaders are doing ?
Dats ketu problem can't happen in any northern state ...
Dats why I still respect Igbo exp Aba and Onitsha
Dats nonsense can't happen there cos by now all the Hausa don run go Delta state or Army Barrack sad
This is Lagos state angry
dondokunseun:
YORUBA RONU

#whowillsaveus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Other Yoruba regions should replicate this in their various region. But I strongly doubt If they would. The SW governors are just bunch of cowards whose only allegiance is to their evil religion (Islam) and not to the Yoruba race. The reason why they're sympathetic to Fulani cause to the detriment of their own people.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by ibile1: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
these hausa/fulani people are problems everywhere they go......see the case of Mile12.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by CORRECTMAN78(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
If u no do something, something will do you. Thank you Mimiko for doing something.

Pardon my choice of expression. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyegun Replies Tinubu's Letter / Reno Omokri Blasts President Buhari Over Speech On Plateau Killings / Do You Know? Justice Onnoghen Rejected Bribes And Ruled For Buhari In 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.