Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen (25187 Views)

Protest In Abraka Over The Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Faces Of Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue Yesterday (Photos) / Lagos State Bans LAGBUS Buses From Operating In BRT Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
wristbangle:

But d fact remains that he is christain. Mind u, ogun state is also taking a step to curb normadic activities and and expect other states to do the same. Enough of these fulani encroachment.
They are more than welcome in Oghara, sapele,warri.
We have grass that needs clearing. Any kpem, free Suya for a whole yr for boys
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by nynbrada: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2016
Built2last:
History tells us that Fulani establish Emirates by killing and conquering a people. The kingdom of Uthman Dan Fodio was established by blood and so they are blood thirsty forever.

.I have continue to wonder why state governors are expecting Buhari to secure their state for them.

Look at Agatu, Lagos, Nassarwa, ogun and other states that these vampires have killed, raped and robbed with reckless abandon.
One wonders what state governors are doing. They brandish themselves as chief security officers of the state yet can't secure a village.

If I am governor and as an outsider a chicken not even a human being dies. I won't negotiate with you. Your disappearance will be so silent that you will wake up to discover both you and your cow is in hell

How can you leave your desert infested land come to my green area to graze nd then turn arround to kill and maim my people. They never born you.

Again Buhari silence being the Life patron of Miyyetti Allah is worrisome. ..are they working for him?

Lalasticlala give me water...I dey vex abeg

Guy your yarn make sense joor.

^^^ 7 Gbossa to you!
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Charlesdock(m): 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2016
Change! grin operation stop Fulani OSF grin
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ondo state people are the most intelligent in Nigeria....whilst the Hausa-Fulani are the most blood thirsty and destructive...this should be fun to watch
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 05, 2016
erico2k2:

They are more than welcome in Oghara, sapele,warri.
We have grass that needs clearing. Any kpem, free Suya for a whole yr for boys
Dem neva rape una sisters before for dat area? Wen dem start non complain oh
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
This is how we roll in Ondo. Say no to jihadist herdsmen
Really?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by PenSniper: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
BlackTechnology:
Supported

Unfortunately most Yorubas brought this upon themselves when they made the grand patron of these herdsmen their President.

So the notoreity of fulani herdsmen in Nigeria started after the 2015 elections ?
BlackTech, tell me, who is the wicked fellow that stole your thinking cap ?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
Dollyak:
This just made my day. I think they should go one step further by banning them completely from SW region.
Remember, Buhari, your ally, is a fulani too. He'll be very sad.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by HomeOfMe(f): 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2016
Mrchippychappy:
Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen, Threatens To Arrest Defaulters
Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ondo State Commissioner for Environment Sola Ebiseni made the disclosure in Akure at a stakeholder meeting to deliberate on the constant clashes between farmers and the Fulani herdsmen in Ondo State.

Ebiseni said the State government had already given the Fulani herdsmen a one week ultimatum to evacuate their cattle from the main town of Akure.

He declared that any Fulani nomadic herdsman grazing cattle at night would also be considered thieves and handed over to the law enforcement agencies.

"We don't want to see the Fulani herdsmen grazing cattle within the streets of Akure, the State capital,” Mr. Ebiseni said. "Animals are not reared on the road in our own towns. They are allowed in the outskirts of the town.”

A SaharaReporters correspondent reported that a monitoring task force team from the Ministry of Environment in the State has been mandated to ensure strict compliance of the order.

"The team is also saddled with the responsibility of dealing decisively with any erring cattle rearers that would flout such order from the State government,” our correspondent reported.

Additionally, the State government resolved that cattle dealers and marketers should register as an association or body with proof of identification. The government claimed that this would help identify cattle rearers who incite trouble and violence.

Among the other major areas forbidden for Fulani herdsmen to graze their cattle in the State included: Oba ile Road, Ode-ilekun Road, Barracks/Ondo Road, Airport/Owo Road, Adofure/Idanre Road, including all permanent residential estates.

During the meeting, Akin Olotu, an environmental activist and chairman of the Agricultural Commodities Association in Ondo State, called for a proper synergy between the States in the federation and the federal government in establishing cattle ranches for the benefit of Fulani nomadic herdsmen.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/04/ondo-state-bans-activities-fulani-nomadic-herdsmen-threatens-arrest-defaulters
The fulani heardsmen have become a cross for Nigeria to bare.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by PenSniper: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
1. Who are the governors in yoruba speaking states ? Are they foreigners or stooges or outright inept in fighting yoruba cause ?

2. Where are the famous Agbekoyas ?
Have they gone moribund or they just don't care what happens to yorubas and yorubaland ?

3. Where are the OPC ? Have they lost focus or become mere merchants ?

4. Where are the cotery of Self-Determination groups in Oduduwa land ?
Are they genuine or phony ?

5.What about the traditional rulers ?

When did yoruba leaders become so non-chalant to violatons of our land, culture and integrity ?

"Awon agba po loja ori omo tuntun si nwo iwokuwo"

I think its about time yorubas begin to call their leaders' ineptitude to question and embarrass them on social media, etc, until they woke up to their duty.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by harjorlarh(m): 8:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
u think dis Fulani herdsmen listen 2 reason..dis tin as e dey go so..make e no turn civil war..sometimes I feel they shld jst mistakenly nuke d north.. nd reduce their population
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by zynzyn(m): 8:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
PMB too silent on this matter!! sad
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by InvertedHammer: 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
papaejima1:
Wrong!
They simply go to the nearest barrack and call their fulani soldier brothers who raid the community and kill the residents as a lesson. It happened in Rivers State sometime under Obasanjo or Yar Adua presidency.
/
So your plan is for the communities to do nothing and continue to be decimated by the fulani herdsmen? If every community is up in arms to defend themselves, they will stop. Ondo state has taken a stand. Let Ogun, Edo, all the way to Cross River take tough stand and you will see the nonsense stop. I am waiting for a governor that will be crazy enough to declare them shoot at sight. Do fulani people want to die? I don't think so. Communities need to defend themselves until the FG is honest and determined to check the machination of fulani herdsmen.

/
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Cosbyrich: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Welcome Development. Let other states follow suit.
This is really a welcome development especially for SE because Fulanis have colonised them and they are too cowardly to do anything about it.Thanks to Ondo State maybe all the SEastern states will now grow some balls..

Menace of Fulani herdsmen: Tales of woes from
the East
ON October 3, 201512:14 AM/IN Issues , News /
Comments
By Chidi Nkwopara, Anayo Okoli, Francis Igata &
Peter Okutu
Incidents of killing, robbery, rape, maiming and
kidnapping by the cattle herdsmen have inflicted
pains on most farmers, even as farm produce have
been drastically affected. Farmers, leaving in fear,
have scampered to safety in desperate bids to
avoid being hacked down by the rampaging
herdsmen.
Fulani-herdsman
CATTLE rearing and cattle rearers have over the
years contributed their own quota to the economy
of the South-East and the country at large. The
place of Fulani herdsmen is inevitably important as
they have sustained the production and sales of
meat in markets across the country.
However, despite their diverse importance, the
recent activities of Fulani cattle rearers in the
South-East obviously threaten the life and
existence of those living within their areas of
grazing, especially in the rural areas.
It is not in doubt that there is hardly any
community in the South-East geo-political zone
where you will not find Fulani herdsmen. What is
however most disturbing to farmers and land
owners is the way they forcefully colonize, kill,
maim and allow their cattle to destroy farm crops
wherever they set their feet. They have sadly
transformed themselves into law.
The stories trailing the rampage of Fulani
herdsmen and their cattle in the South-East are
therefore as ugly as they are most discomforting.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/menace-of-fulani-herdsmen-tales-of-woes-from-the-east/
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by papaejima1: 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
So your plan is for the communities to do nothing and continue to be decimated by the fulani herdsmen? If every community is up in arms to defend themselves, they will stop. Ondo state has taken a stand. Let Ogun, Edo, all the way to Cross River take tough stand and you will see the nonsense stop. I am waiting for a governor that will be crazy enough to declare them shoot at sight. Do fulani people want to die? I don't think so. Communities need to defend themselves until the FG is honest and determined to check the machination of fulani herdsmen.

/
No that's not my plan. I asked a question.
Meanwhile, I am a strong advocate of meeting the Fulani aggressors with superior force and mind numbing violence. It is the only language they understand.

I have a neighbour who hails from Enugu and he told us a story of how his village man went to the bush to set his trap. A fulani led his cows into the bush and one of the cows stepped on the trap set for ground squirrels and grass cutters. The fulani got mad, climbed up a tree and patiently waited for the villager. When the man returned in the evening to check on the traps, the fulani shot a poisoned arrow straight into his heart and he died on the spot.

The youths of the village said enough was enough, mobilized, hunted down the idiot and his cows, dispatched him, then blocked the expressway at several points, stopped every vehicle carrying hausas or fulanis and began a "cleanup exercise". It took the state govt to make them stop.

Since then, the village has been free of fulani nonsense. In fact they avoid the village like there is ebola in it.
That is how to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by InvertedHammer: 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
papaejima1:

Meanwhile, I am a strong advocate of meeting the Fulani aggressors with superior force and mind numbing violence. It is the only language they understand.

I have a neighbour who hails from Enugu and he told us a story of how his village man went to the bush to set his trap. A fulani led his cows into the bush and one of the cows stepped on the trap set for ground squirrels and grass cutters. The fulani got mad, climbed up a tree and patiently waited for the villager. When the man returned in the evening to check on the traps, the fulani shot a poisoned arrow straight into his heart and he died on the spot.

The youths of the village said enough was enough, mobilized, hunted down the idiot and his cows, dispatched him, then blocked the expressway at several points, stopped every vehicle carrying hausas or fulanis and began a "cleanup exercise". It took the state govt to make them stop.
/
That's how you do it. Can you imagine what would have happened if the community remained calm and chose peaceful approach? Their community would have been extinct by now. If the herdsmen hurt one person, round them up.

/

Since then, the village has been free of fulani nonsense. In fact they avoid the village like there is ebola in it.
That is how to do it.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Cosbyrich: 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2016
HomeOfMe:
The fulani heardsmen have become a cross for Nigeria to bare.
That is the prayer of SE and some other areas where these fulani people had already turned them to mumu.They want it to happen in the SW and it has happened severally now and yawa don burst.Yes ,the SW don sneeze now let the sneezing begin so we can give the pernanent cure to this epidemic.Remember the WILD,WILD,WEST.Let the show begin.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Cosbyrich: 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Dem neva rape una sisters before for dat area? Wen dem start non complain oh
The only people who can take decisive action against this endemic are the wild,wild west people.Slow to act but extremely and fatally dangerous when they take a stand.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by capugo(m): 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Good news and a welcome development!!!!
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Dollyak(f): 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2016
papaejima1:

That is how to do it.
Nice one
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by IPOB123london: 11:47pm On Mar 05, 2016
ban ban ban on the pages

but i can bet my life the boko harem fulani still goes about doing their thing within the state

we are marching anyway

useless country
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by mbz101(m): 12:16am On Mar 06, 2016
I hope this really take effect , as at this evening I still saw the herdsmen even in GRA Algbaka with their cattels .
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by mbz101(m): 12:17am On Mar 06, 2016
I hope this really take effect , as at this evening I still saw the herdsmen even in GRA Algbaka with their cattels .figer crossed
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 06, 2016
you don't know Ondo State.

papaejima1:
Interesting.
But will the herdsmen obey?

Now what will happen when they disobey and you arrest them and later release them, then they descend on your community and raze it to the ground wiping out both humans and animals in the middle of the night?
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by t2luv1: 1:16am On Mar 06, 2016
Dollyak:
This just made my day. I think they should go one step further by banning them completely from SW region.

If you ban Fulani from the SW. Who is next ban Igbo from the SW too. I can see that coming right behind the Fulani. Or wait how about we ban the Yorubas from the North. C'mon people we are either one Country or we divorce. It cant be selective.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by t2luv1: 1:25am On Mar 06, 2016
papaejima1:

That is how to do it.

My brother be careful for what you wish for. Imagine if the situation was directed at a Ndigbo people in the North and the Hausa community got rid of all the Ndigbo in their area I bet we will be singing a different tune. The Fulani are in the SE for one reason only Free Enterprise. They want to sell their cattle because the market wants their goods. Same as Ndigbo in the North Free Enterprise at work. Remove the demand and the Fulani will not be there. If that is what you want. Like i always say we either one country or divorce.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Dollyak(f): 1:36am On Mar 06, 2016
t2luv1:

If you ban Fulani from the SW. Who is next ban Igbo from the SW too. I can see that coming right behind the Fulani. Or wait how about we ban the Yorubas from the North. C'mon people we are either one Country or we divorce. It cant be selective.
Who do you think has more to lose if we all ban each other? Where in Nigeria is comparable to Lagos? Ibadan is even more important to Nigeria economically than Kano. Stop the threat and accept the fact majority of your people are uneducated, uncivilised animals. You lots better do something about it because Boko will look like a child play (I hope not).
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by Rilwayne001: 7:05am On Mar 06, 2016
Very good.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by emi14: 7:17am On Mar 06, 2016
tomakint:
I don't know when other Yoruba speaking States will start to get it right like the Ondo people..(thank God for my Ekiti indigenes too)...undecided this is what Ogun, Kwara, Osun, Lagos, Oyo and other Southern States ought to have done many many years back but they keep crying to one mumu FG that careless...... Spread the operation stop Cattle grazing around the States. Kudos to Mimiko.

Cc: Lalasticlala over to you
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by emi14: 7:23am On Mar 06, 2016
Still division among Yoruba state "my Ekiti indigene" may God forgive you. You are xenophobic , worse than tribalism.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by hollywater: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2016
The ways Yoruba people are standing up to comment or take actions since the killing in Ketu,if they continue to speak out this way,Nigeria might be a better place in the near future.
Re: Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen by t2luv1: 8:26am On Mar 06, 2016
Dollyak:

Who do you think has more to lose if we all ban each other? Where in Nigeria is comparable to Lagos? Ibadan is even more important to Nigeria economically than Kano. Stop the threat and accept the fact majority of your people are uneducated, uncivilised animals. You lots better do something about it because Boko will look like a child play (I hope not).

Woman, I was looking towards us having some sort of intelligent discussion. You lost me when you wrote "Your People". I am not sure how you are able to know who my people might be from just what I wrote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku's Us Visa Ban Still In Place, Given A Waiver For January Visit -bloomberg / Malami Secured National Industrial Court Jobs For His Northern Protégés- Gazette / 4th Mainland Bridge: LASG Names CCECC-CRCCIG Preffered Bidder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.