Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model (1273 Views)

Never Be Bullied To Accept Your Body Is Ugly Or Not Perfect – Plus-Sized Lady / Ladies! Would You Marry A Man With Erectile Dysfunction? / Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend Who Bullied Her Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by olaskul(m): 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2016
Darius Vernon who grew up shy, spent the past 14 years avoiding women after a chronic skin condition reduced his self esteem. Darius who is from Willesden, North London, suffers from vitiligo – a condition that causes the skin to lose its pigmentation creating white patches on the body. We’ve seen women who have vitiligo who have become models, Darius has also become a model after being able to overcome his insecurities.

Darius said as a teenager, he was always bullied and made fun of because of his skin condition and that he even considered killing himself at one point.
Darius first showed symptoms of vitiligo when he was just 12 years old.
Vitiligo can be caused by stress and after the death of his grandmother, Darius started losing the pigmentation in his hands and then it traveled to the rest of his body.
He said:
‘I went to the doctors in 2000 and they diagnosed me with vitiligo. ‘I remember holding my mum’s hands and squeezing them because the name just sounded so scary.’

He said he was offered cream and makeup to cover the patches but he preferred to hide them with clothes.

Fortunately, he got discovered by model scouts on Instagram and has since been modelling for different brands. Now he is looking to find a partner who is willing to love him with his flaws.

He said:
 ‘I was handed this physical difference and there were no instructions to go with it – you don’t know how to deal with vitiligo.
‘I spent years hating myself and the way I looked because of the ignorance of other people – but now I’m proud of who I am.”

Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
I remember There is a female model of Desigual who has same skin disease with this man...
At first I thought it was juz a make up..
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by Cutehector(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Mehn dis is really bad... I ddnt knw it would look so worse like this.. wooow shocked
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by ladygudhead(f): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2016
This vitiligo of a thing self.it will just be appearing first in the wrong places.
handsome dude.
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by olaskul(m): 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2016
Lol you dey admire the dude ni
ladygudhead:
This vitiligo of a thing self.it will just be appearing first in the wrong places.
handsome dude.
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by halfricanadian(f): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2016
Hope to channel all my circumstances into something positive

He is a motivator kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by ladygudhead(f): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaskul:
Lol you dey admire the dude ni

is it bad?smiley
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by olaskul(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2016
It depends on what really you admire about him... if it's the money, fame, physic or what
ladygudhead:

is it bad?smiley
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by ladygudhead(f): 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2016
olaskul:
It depends on what really you admire about him... if it's the money, fame, physic or what

hmmm...I don't knw him so I don't knw his pocket.Even if I do,I can't fall becos of his pocket;I live in reality.As for his fame,I don't knw how famous or not he is n DAT can't make me fall.Then his physic...hmm good honestly.But still there again it can't fall me.I only passed a compliment. Compliments are normal n sometimes courtesy demands it.

I know wat can fall me.smiley

I like his courage too.

Now I'm sure I av been able to convince olaskul.

1 Like

Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by austine4real(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2016
Wetin concern me?

Abeg who get toilet roll i wan clean my yansh?
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by prahcetomi(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
If na naija girls,dem go jst bleach the other body parts.
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
prahcetomi:
If na naija girls,dem go jst bleach the other body parts.
Michael Jackson was not a naija woman tongue
Re: Man With Vitiligo Who Was Suicidal After Being Bullied Becomes A Model by prahcetomi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Michael Jackson is not a naija woman tongue
he get dat disease?

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Virgin... / Mad Man And Woman Spotted kissing Passionately In Abia (photos) / Happy New Month Nairalanders... From BbSharon with pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.