Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark (32413 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Clarinett(m): 7:13am On Mar 08, 2016
So we should celebrate?
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Clarinett(m): 7:16am On Mar 08, 2016
americanigga:
Buhari is too powerful.
Do you know that other presidents including American president are afraid of him? Just one calculated move to Qatar he has increase the price of crude in the whole Universe

Bros, what did you smoke last light? grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Jesusloveyou: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Owoplenty:
Is this a good news?
no, is a bad news to u saTANist wailers

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Emmahunk(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2016
Guess PMB's numerous trips are beginning to yield results.
If only we can jettison tribal / religious differences and more importantly, biased criticisms, then come together as one. Honestly, I see light at the end of the tunnel for this Country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Jesusloveyou: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Clarinett:
So we should celebrate?
no, be crying

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by biggz82: 7:25am On Mar 08, 2016
Dis is good news 4 ppl lik us

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by slap1(m): 7:26am On Mar 08, 2016
Thanks to OPEC's decision to regulate the quantity of oil in the market.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by slap1(m): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2016
PassingShot:
Good news for the govt and patriotic citizens. Bad news for PDP, wailers and IPOD touts who wish the govt failure.

I predicted this rise in crude price on many occasions.

You're bigger than this.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 7:28am On Mar 08, 2016
E go com fall to $25 again tomorrow.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 08, 2016
AnodaIT:
I'm so relieved, after killings in Benue, Mile 12, Al Jazeera embarrassing interview, padded budget etc, the zombies will have something good to sleep with.
Even though it doesn't in any way affect the general living directly, but since they survive by figures in the news, it would do, at least for today

Excuse me sir please what's embarrassing about AlJazeera interview

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by chally02(m): 7:33am On Mar 08, 2016
The replies by some APC supporters are really funny, they seem to be attributing the rise in the price of crude oil to the presidents "waka about" forgetting that global price of crude oil is determined by the forces of demand and supply and not by a single man.

Anyway its a good news atleast there will be no room for the usual blame game if they don't perform.

3 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 08, 2016
Now they can finance the budget.
Can they stop the N50 postage stamp collection on accounts.

3 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 08, 2016
I do not see any reason why we should be jubilating over this increase when it isn't sustainable yet. The price is still hovering around $30 - $35. And the increase has nothing to so with the President's visits.

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by gretblue: 7:38am On Mar 08, 2016
AnodaIT:
I'm so relieved, after killings in Benue, Mile 12, Al Jazeera embarrassing interview, padded budget etc, the zombies will have something good to sleep with.
Even though it doesn't in any way affect the general living directly, but since they survive by figures in the news, it would do, at least for today
How has that increased your account balance or has that put food on your table?

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by mrmetoo1: 7:39am On Mar 08, 2016
AnodaIT:

Please what was embarrassing about the Al Jazeera interview? I'm beginning to be convinced more and more that some of you guys are given scripts you just come and spew here. Please give specific intelligent answers as to what made the interview embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by wordychap: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2016
today its 40 dollars for a barrel
Hope subsidy on fuel will return as d price is rising
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by NOBLE179(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2016
Goodnews !

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by InvertedHammer: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2016
/
My target is $70/Barrel. I am letting the sucker run.

Long term.
/
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 08, 2016
PassingShot:
Good news for the govt and patriotic citizens. Bad news for PDP, wailers and IPOD touts who wish the govt failure.

Now to the matter:
The reason APC is failing is not because of oil price, they dont have the brain to move the country forward even if oil hit $200 per barrel( which I pray for wink) APC lack the mental capacity to drive.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nicepoker(m): 7:44am On Mar 08, 2016
PassingShot:

so crude is still important

3 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Fablonwa: 7:44am On Mar 08, 2016
amaechi1:
Those who are calling for the head of Mr President and his team for visiting the gulf nations should cover the faces in shame. You don't sit at home and play international politics. Life is in phase and nothing last for ever.

Nigerians, can we cement our differences and work for the progress of this project "the well being of every Nigerian".

God bless Nigeria.

Note it is not Buhari's junketing that raised the price of crude oil, so don't try to deceive anybody here. Whether he stayed in the country to do what he was elected to do or not the oil price which is a function of demand and supply will still either go up or down depending on market forces. I'll rather advise him to sit down and do the work he was elected for.

5 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 08, 2016
slap1:

You're bigger than this.

He is not....dont patronize him, he has been reduced to a zombie

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Chrisx1x(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2016
amaechi1:
Those who are calling for the head of Mr President and his team for visiting the gulf nations should cover the faces in shame. You don't sit at home and play international politics. Life is in phase and nothing last for ever.

Nigerians, can we cement our differences and work for the progress of this project "the well being of every Nigerian".

God bless Nigeria.
did the news specify that the increase was as result of buhari junketing? Did the news say it was a sudden increase or a gradual increase?oh yes i remember,Buhari promised to stabilize crude oil price.

3 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nicepoker(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Phame:
Buhari is working to stabilize oil price as promised. Wailers, shame on you!
when price drop I hope u will congratulate him on that.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by mrmetoo1: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2016
chally02:
The replies by some APC supporters are really funny, they seem to be attributing the rise in the price of crude oil to the presidents "waka about" forgetting that global price of crude oil is determined by the forces of demand and supply and not by a single man.

Anyway its a good news atleast there will be no room for the usual blame game if they don't perform.

I think they have the right to be as ridiculous and as petty as some PDP members that want to peg all the failures and evils we've been living with in this country for decades on an administration that's less than a year. One joker actually wrote an article and blamed the failure to diversify the economy on Buhari, I mean imagine the ridiculousness. So when news like these breaks, APC members too decide to take it as their victory. Plus there might be a little merit to their claim, the rise in oil prices was also attributed to private talks between OPEC countries. Well we know Buhari went to these countries to hold private talks about oil price with countries where the low prices hasn't started to have a damaging effect on.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/03/07/oil-rallies-to-three-month-high.html

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by gretblue: 7:49am On Mar 08, 2016
AnodaIT:
But we will not be relieved in West or Middle belt God forbids if their is another gas explosion in Nnewi or there is another lorry brake failure in upper Weka that will kill innocent people. Perhaps may be you need to grow up because of your hatred for Nigeria and certain region and political party.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by amagunnerfan: 7:49am On Mar 08, 2016
This is very good news. A nice way to start a nice way to start my morning.

However, I hope the rise doesn't get truncated and we don't get myopic. We must continue our drive to diversify the economy.

The oil price increase should be seen as a minor boost, the real boost should be our success in diversifying our economy.

Nigeria on the way to greatness. GOD bless Nigeria. GOD bless all those who mean well for this nation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Nicepoker(m): 7:51am On Mar 08, 2016
So oil is still important to some people. Go bck to cocoa. **** see how they are happy. ****

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by JohnieWalker(m): 7:51am On Mar 08, 2016
wailing wailers have yu blamed buhari today

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by amagunnerfan: 7:52am On Mar 08, 2016
omenka:
Not sure I wanna celebrate this news. Much as I want sufficient inflow of forex for the country, I desire to see it come in through any other means than crude oil sales.

Our dependence on that substance is what's put us in the mess we find ourselves today. As long as the price keeps going up, our government might not see the need to drastically push towards diversification.
This is because you are not fully over the ineffectual era. I trust PMB not to lose sight despite the minor increase.

He is a strong will man and I am sure he will do the right thing despite the oil boost.

Nigeria is on the way to greatness and nothing is stopping us this time.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by innocent1(m): 7:53am On Mar 08, 2016
In all how is the exchange rate now? GTBank charged me N300 to a dollar yesterday while fcmb Is charging above N300. So where are the masses gaining it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Rejected Jonathan’s $5m Offer In 2015 - Hamzat / South East PDP Governors Re-consider The Buhari Option / Supreme Court Judges That Will Decide Atiku, Obi’s Appeal Against Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.