Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark (32417 Views)

Pump Price Increase Likely As Landing Cost Of Petrol ‘rises Above’ N145 / Chevron Suspends Operations As Oil Rises Above $50/barrel / River Water Level Rises Above Bridge As Man Drowns In Plateau State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by tete7000(m): 9:26am On Mar 08, 2016
vodkat:

Dey there, there r people working 24/7 to make this a reality .

Do u know that a car can be powered by hydrogen.

only usa getting involved in fracking dropped price of oil from 100 to 30.

What happens when.Other countries start ?

You think a car can be made that drive hundreds and thousands kilometre on hydrogen? Even if true from where do you source the hydrogen? You want to power a ship or a jumbo jet on hydrogen cell? My brother there is limit to those energy sources. Fossil and nuclear power sources are what can give you a spurt of energy needed to run some machines. Unfortunately nuclear power is limited by safety consideration and that give a more readily available fossil fuel (which oil is a major source) some respite.

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jaybee3(m): 9:29am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
E go com fall to $25 again tomorrow.

Have you ever seen or heard the oil fall 30% in a single day?

It does pay to only comment on things you have some sort of clue about

Commodities ain't currencies and the positive trend is supported by strong technicals albeit with persistent shaky fundamentals

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2016
jaybee3:

Commodities ain't currencies and the positive trend is supported by strong technicals albeit with persistent shaky fundamentals
I was being sarcastic, and i wasnt talking about tomorrow literally, it was a figurative expression meaning future, duh?

Read between the lines.

Oil will fall whether you want to believe it or not, the world is moving on to better forms of sustainable energy, so he demand for it will reduce.

And it is now even overly surplus, thanks to USA and Iran. Just brace up for the reality, the era of oil boom is gone.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jide333(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2016
f00ls i was expecting apc leaders to come up with lies about buhari being the one behind the rise of the crude oil, now i see the followers 1diotic followers dum1es coming on here to lie about their president's visit(which they are good on LIES) Who on earth told you it's the visit that increased the amount /barrel ? Idiots that wont listen to news and just come on here and be saying trash, expecting same 1d1ots to like their comments..

amaechi1:
Those who are calling for the head of Mr President and his team for visiting the gulf nations should cover the faces in shame. You don't sit at home and play international politics. Life is in phase and nothing last for ever.

Nigerians, can we cement our differences and work for the progress of this project "the well being of every Nigerian".

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jaybee3(m): 9:42am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
I was being sarcastic, and i wasnt talking about tomorrow literally, it was a figurative expression meaning future, duh?

Read between the lines.

Oil will fall whether you want to believe it or not, the world is moving on to better forms of sustainable energy, so he demand for it will reduce.

And it is now even overly surplus, thanks to USA and Iran. Just brace up for the reality, the era of oil boom is gone.

Regardless of your figurative expression or not, the upwards trend is backed by strong technicals. Investors are returning to oil asset class hence the bullish outlook

With regards to alternative to oil or conventional drilling, does the economics work for them cos it all boils down to basic economics.
Will the cost of production satisfy the investors apetite for constant consistent profit?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jide333(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2016
you a one of the f00ls i'm talking about... Mind you read this link if you believe its your dullard that's behind the raise of crude.. Olodo oshi!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-rises-traders-shut-down-004126127.html

amaechi1:
Those who are calling for the head of Mr President and his team for visiting the gulf nations should cover the faces in shame. You don't sit at home and play international politics. Life is in phase and nothing last for ever.

Nigerians, can we cement our differences and work for the progress of this project "the well being of every Nigerian".

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by anthonyirekpita(m): 9:45am On Mar 08, 2016
Very good and nice.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Gaskia: 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Good news for us, I pray for higher prices.

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jide333(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
lots of f00ls supporting apcsh1t and the lie lie parties.. You can fool your fellow apc supporters but not everyone on here is as dumb as you people are..
Buhari travel kor buhari visit ni!.. awon ode oshi. Read the link to know the real people behind the raise on crude oil price... !diots

PassingShot:
Good news for the govt and patriotic citizens. Bad news for PDP, wailers and IPOD touts who wish the govt failure.

I predicted this rise in crude price on many occasions.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Kingspin(m): 9:47am On Mar 08, 2016
Politicians dancing while the citizens suffer. Nigerians shine your eyes.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by jide333(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2016
the USA ARE behind it not your so called waka waka dullard.... wake up and wise up ****

martineinstein:
And they call him 'waka-waka' president.. His Odysseus voyage is taking effect
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Amanwulu1(m): 9:51am On Mar 08, 2016
IbnSultaan:

http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/global-crude-oil-prices-rises-above-budget-benchmark/
pls nigerians read beyond d headline b4 running to throw jabbs on ur perceived enemies.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Kingspin(m): 9:55am On Mar 08, 2016
amaechi1:

God bless Nigeria.
The country is sick generally and lack every political or economy path. You the one to cement your head with shame, how can you celebrate when you have not won any race. Only our politicians that smile to bank each time oil price is up not the citizens. If any government be it local, state or federal is not performing no need to pamper them.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by chernest2002: 10:03am On Mar 08, 2016
All Nigerias are happy that oil price is up so that Mr propaganda and his apc will be short of excuses.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by teepain: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2016
Fablonwa:

Note it is not Buhari's junketing that raised the price of crude oil, so don't try to deceive anybody here. Whether he stayed in the country to do what he was elected to do or not the oil price which is a function of demand and supply will still either go up or down depending on market forces. I'll rather advise him to sit down and do the work he was elected for.

While I have my own reservations about PMB's frequent travels you cannot assert that his journeys and meetings with Presidents of Oil Producing countries is not one of the factors responsible for the price rally of the crude oil.

I agree with you that price is a function of demand and supply, hence any factor that can alter demand or supply can as well alter price, so if his meeting can lead to reduced supply of crude oil, through agreements with other major producers, then he could have influenced price, that is why the word 'cartel' exists

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2016
Morountodun:

You suffer from amnesia. Yours is neither selective nor temporary.

What happened to the excess crude account OBJ established in his tenure? Despite the fact that oil sold for around $100/barrel, Jonathan did not add anything to the account, rather he depleted it. This was meant to be our saving grace. Jonathan is the main reason why we are here. The mor..on did not save for raining days. Naira fell when he was still there and it continued after his tenure. It wouldn't have been this bad if the m.oron had actually diversifed the economy and continued with the Excess crude account.

Also, Nigeria is not the only oil reliant country experiencing the economy crunch. Counties like Canada, Russia, UAE and Saudi are not left out. Don't make this about Buhari, it can be really annoying.

Stop trying too hard, this is as easy as ABC
lol, I see you have taken your daily pill of 'blame Jonathan today'

When governors were claiming their share of the excess crude account, fighting Jonathan tooth and nail for it to be shared, he wasn't a slowpoke then abi?

Then you talk about diversification, diversification....tell me, the revamping of our auto industries, isn't it diversification?

The overhaul of the agricultural sector, isn't it diversification?

Nigeria not only produces and exports cement, Dangote has in fact exported the industry to other African countries, isn't that diversification?

Even the NSE was doing quite well before our Almighty Dulla'rdinho came in and everything went crashing with investors fleeing with their money as if sensing the impending doom after Jonathan left the Presidency.

I agree that countries are also affected by the fall in oil prices but the question is what is being/ has been done to buffer these effects?
So far, I havent seen a clear cut economic plan from our Dullard and his team of dullardettes.

Till I see something reasonable being done, Boooohari remains the almighty dullard.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2016
jaybee3:

Regardless of your figurative expression or not, the upwards trend is backed by strong technicals. Investors are returning to oil asset class hence the bullish outlook

With regards to alternative to oil or conventional drilling, does the economics work for them cos it all boils down to basic economics.
Will the cost of production satisfy the investors apetite for constant consistent profit?
that is the question.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by Sixix: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
lol, I see you have taken your daily pill of 'blame Jonathan today'

When governors were claiming their share of the excess crude account, fighting Jonathan tooth and nail for it to be shared, he wasn't a slowpoke then abi?

Then you talk about diversification, diversification....tell me, the revamping of our auto industries, isn't it diversification?

The overhaul of the agricultural sector, isn't it diversification?

Nigeria not only produces and exports cement, Dangote has in fact exported the industry to other African countries, isn't that diversification?

Even the NSE was doing quite well before our Almighty Dulla'rdinho came in and everything went crashing with investors fleeing with their money as if sensing the impending doom after Jonathan left the Presidency.

I agree that countries are also affected by the fall in oil prices but the question is what is being/ has been done to buffer these effects?
So far, I havent seen a clear cut economic plan from our Dullard and his team of dullardettes.

Till I see something reasonable being done, Boooohari remains the almighty dullard.

1. What happened to the FG's share?

2. Yeah, I can see and feel he billions the auto industries has contributed tonour economy, can you feel it too?

3. Any reasonable perosn with the minutest amount of foresight knew that it was only a matter of time NSE crash?

4. You haven't seen anything because you have chosen not to see anything. Your headache not ourssmiley. If it is the low circulation of dollars that is your problem, ask Jonathan. I heard that he gave out a lot during the election. It is going to be worse before it becomes better. So far our local industries are doing very great, that is all that matters.

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by alizma: 11:19am On Mar 08, 2016
GreatEngineer:

So buhari is the one that makes the oil price to go up,
Some people self. So he has fulfil one of his campaign promise - to stabilise global oil price.
did u not mock him when the oil price kept falling as if he was directly responsible, now that the oil price is on the rise after many travel of his, especially to oil rich countries, why do you think he doesn't deserve the praise? besides he clearly stated during his travels that oil exporting countries must cooperate to reverse the falling trend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 11:24am On Mar 08, 2016
Sixix:

1. What happened to the FG's share?

2. Yeah, I can see and feel he billions the auto industries has contributed tonour economy, can you feel it too?

3. Any reasonable perosn with the minutest amount of foresight knew that it was only a matter of time NSE crash?

4. You haven't seen anything because you have chosen not to see anything. Your headache not ourssmiley. If it is the low circulation of dollars that is your problem, ask Jonathan. I heard that he gave out a lot during the election. It is going to be worse before it becomes better. So far our local industries are doing very great, that is all that matters.
and I guess it's Booohari's body odour that developed and sustained the local industries just like it sustained the power sector? LMAO!

And I haven't seen anything because there's nothing to see!

Booohari had better maintain Jonathan's work in those sectors or even your local industries will crash before you can say Booooooooooooooooohari is a dullard!
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by farem: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Owoplenty:
Is this a good news?

Your answer depends on which side of the divide you are.
Kind of the bottle is HALF-empty or Half-full. Friend or Foe. A Nigerian or.... WYSIWYG!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by flokii: 11:31am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
and I guess it's Booohari's body odour that developed and sustained the local industries just like it sustained the power sector? LMAO!

And I haven't seen anything because there's nothing to see!

Booohari had better maintain Jonathan's work in those sectors or even your local industries will crash before you can say Booooooooooooooooohari is a dullard!

grin

you're Tanoid afterall..

which work did he start.. it's like some people feed you false news/info cheesy

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 11:38am On Mar 08, 2016
flokii:

grin

you're Tanoid afterall..

which work did he start.. it's like some people feed you false news/info cheesy
I'm no Tanoid, just saying what I see.

If you want to know what he started, google it.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by flokii: 11:42am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:
I'm no Tanoid, just saying what I see.

If you want to know what he started, google it.

he didn't start anything meaningful in Naija here according to feeds from reliable sources..

only scams like maritime uni., almajiri etc.tho. mayb abroad where they give him awards.. I dunno

buh not to worry.. bubu will deliver us..... bubu and his body odour lol

how's ur day going?

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2016
flokii:

he didn't start anything meaningful in Naija here according to feeds from reliable sources..

only scams like maritime uni., almajiri etc.tho. mayb abroad where they give him awards.. I dunno

buh not to worry.. bubu will deliver us

how's ur day going?

Not nice as all of you are blaspheming GEJ angry

Anyway, we will see e where Bubu will take us to.... This one he is already complaining, 'Why me, Lord? Why did I have to become President at this time?'

In time, we will see.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by flokii: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2016
repogirl:

Not nice as all of you are blaspheming GEJ angry

Anyway, we will see e where Bubu will take us to.... This one he is already complaining, 'Why me, Lord? Why did I have to become President at this time?'

In time, we will see.

lol... 'blasphemy'ke? is he Jesus grin

btw he said it himself na... that Nigerians will persecute him and his men

reposwit.. no worry e go better

2 Likes

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by repogirl(f): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2016
flokii:

lol... 'blasphemy'ke? is he Jesus grin

btw he said it himself na... that Nigerians will persecute him and his men

reposwit.. no worry e go better
smiley
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by kahal29: 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2016
tete7000:

I m sure you have not been following the developments in the oil market. If you have, you would have heard of production freeze at january level orchestrated by the venezuelan petroleum minister between saudi, russia, iraq and qatar with effort made to ensure iran and other producing nations joined in the deal. You would also have heard of the declining production of american shale oil. These and other speculation that producing nations may meet soon to discuss production cut are what push the price up not Buhari visit to the saudi 'monarch'. Collaboration between oil ministers is what yield results not political talk between a president and a king somewhere. If the market remain oversupplied, Buhari may talk with the king from now till he leaves power, the price will still not appreciate. Get your facts right.

Eeeeeeh yah.... You so pained and embittered with this new development. Sorry Inu...... Keep waiting for the price to fall

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by tete7000(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
kahal29:

Eeeeeeh yah.... You so pained and embittered with this new development. Sorry Inu...... Keep waiting for the price to fall

One meets all sort on social media. An empty headed like you who can't comprehend is an unfortunate one I met here this morning. What did I write, what have you inferred from it? How you reached this conclusion based on what I wrote will forever remains a mystery to me.
Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by farem: 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2016
jaybee3:

You are too harsh on him. It's the expectation of unrighteous, it shall be cut off

1 Like

Re: Global Crude Oil Prices Rises Above Budget Benchmark by vodkat: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
tete7000:

You think a car can be made that drive hundreds and thousands kilometre on hydrogen? Even if true from where do you source the hydrogen? You want to power a ship or a jumbo jet on hydrogen cell? My brother there is limit to those energy sources. Fossil and nuclear power sources are what can give you a spurt of energy needed to run some machines. Unfortunately nuclear power is limited by safety consideration and that give a more readily available fossil fuel (which oil is a major source) some respite.

I believe ur where not a science student. Hydrogen is one of the most available element in the world.

Even in crude oil you find hydrogen such as ethane, methane ,propane.

There basic nature is. CH4. Four hydrogen toto.one carbon. I neva mention water .

I can guarantee. You that some. Ppl r working day and night. 2 be the first to commerliaze it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi 'Won’t Probe Buhari’s Government If Elected' / 2023 Elections: Nigerian Youths Tell US, UK Those Who Deserve Visa Ban / Everybody Was Afraid Of Spraying Money Including Me - Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.