Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) (38562 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) / The Bad Shape Of Police Barracks, Obalende, Lagos. (Exclusive Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by omolola15(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ayomi088:
No be this same police college GEJ renovate?

He no renovate anything. I can't say if he awarded the contract and the contractors diverted it. But it was never renovated.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by duduade: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
I don't know why police barracks always have this eyesore look....

Might be a reflection of how the profession is...

Sad
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by allanphash7(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
Im not surprised atall

Go to their barracks also you will understand me more
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by dangote7510(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
this is slum!
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Reference(m): 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Saheed9:
I could remember this same college was featured on channels tv some years back. So nothing has been done since then. Smh

Yeah and after all the hue and cry a lot of work was 'allegedly' done. May have been cosmetic but my gut feelings is that it was shoddy, substandard and could withstand the poor maintenance culture and mean attitude to public, 'government' property flowing in our veins.

Even Louis Edet house built by almighty Juilus Berger not a millenia ago is already showing her Nigerian complexion.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by McCarlito(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
erico2k2:

This is the barracks ni?
That is the struggle make front page.... Cos bad news sells more
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by mrphate(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
i still wonder why it is taking EFCC to long to start probing the NPF ex IGPs....this is because the have never taken the welfare of police officers seriously, police officer leave in the most decapitated barrack and their offices are way worst. it makes one begin to wonder if there have never been a budget for the ministry of police affairs or they don't even exist. this is beyond #cherekambia'

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by McCarlito(m): 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
omolola15:

He no renovate anything. I can't say if he awarded the contract and the contractors diverted it. But it was never renovated.
Oga go to the police college and see the work done by GEJ.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
they ave even got a satellite dish outside the building at least they can watch foreign scene...

lol laughing in my local dialect. huhhhuhuhuhhuhuh
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Deltagiant: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2016
In the words of Nnamdi Kanu; for the 'Zoo Police'.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by McCarlito(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ayomi088:
No be this same police college GEJ renovate?
Nope college was renovated and that is the picture of the Police barracks beside the college.
The OP is high on agege weed before posting those pictures

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
The building isn't too bad structurally, all it needs is repainting and a new roof, routine maintenance.

You need to ask what those guys at the police service commision and the past IGs what they did with govt allocations to the police force.
Stop blaming the presidents, the worst abusers of the force are the high ranking officers who don't want to be replaced by younger and brighter ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by realnas(m): 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
Absolute disgrace an institution situated in the commercial capital of nigeria lookin lik a slum ,if the govt provides for its renovation their big men will pocket the money
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Charly68: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
Corruption everywhere,what happened to yearly budgetary allocation for maintenance of the building ? Ended up in private pockets . O God save our nation
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by cuteboy2: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
2n2k:
I thought there was renovation of the place after the Channels TV expose. What happened again?

After the channels TV report as part of their own contribution to the make-GEJ-unpopular campaign the renovation on Picture #4 was carried out. Renovation was not completed.

After that elections came. Pa Buhari took over. Since then Channels TV has not seen, heard, and cannot say anything negative against this government. Channels TV actually believes there is nothing wrong with the college any longer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by freeage7(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
The zoo for University of Ibadan tight pass police college Lagos.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by tonio2wo: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
thesicilian:
If I trained in this kind of place, my heart would be stronger & darker than most Nigerian police officers'.
What of if you live there?

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
realnas:
Absolute disgrace an institution situated in the commercial capital of nigeria lookin lik a slum ,if the govt provides for its renovation their big men will pocket the money

What we are learning from the whole budget fiasco is that they budget the same expenditures every year whether or not it is actually spent for that purpose, so I'm certain that every year there has been allocation for renovation of Polica college Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by anonimi: 8:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
Saheed9:
I could remember this same college was featured on channels tv some years back. So nothing has been done since then. Smh

Oga abeg shine your eyes wella when you read- the OP talked about BARRACKS not the college you referred to.
The college was renovated by Jonathan after he paid a surprise visit to the place following the Channels TV expose.

bishopoliver:
Sometime ago, after a Channels TV documentary on the rotten nature of things in Ikeja Police college, Mr President visited the college and order a complete overhaul of infrastructure...well, months later, this is the result grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345866_Screen_Shot_2013-10-04_at_10_48_01_PM_png86131de523ed481d8ab011feb9561b74[/img]

Does anyone know if our Junketeer-in-Chief Thief will visit this dilapidated baracks and ensure it is renovated and MAINTAINED regularly

omolola15:

LIARS are liable to die young!
Be warned and beware!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3224589_lairs_jpg6e0caea0fb4a33217c062310b908b6df

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by 190: 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nigeria grin grin grin

Chaii God forbid bad thing sha grin grin
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by harrijay: 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2016
Better than many military barracks in the country

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by obinoral1179(m): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
I totally disagree with the op.
Police college shared a fence with the picture posted up there and police college is not bad as the op as painted it And for the op to say police college is 2min drive to international airport is lie. Even the local airport is not a 2min drive not to mention MMA. Op you are part of the problem of nigeria... Quick to castigate just to earn cheap popularity...

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by anonimi: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2016
Reference:
Yeah and after all the hue and cry a lot of work was 'allegedly' done. May have been cosmetic but my gut feelings is that it was shoddy, substandard and could withstand the poor maintenance culture and mean attitude to public, 'government' property flowing in our veins.

Yet another CONFUSIONIST on parade.
The police COLLEGE was what Jonathan renovated after a surprise visit not the barracks in the OP.

Even Louis Edet house built by almighty Juilus Berger not a millenia ago is already showing her Nigerian complexion.

When was the last time you repainted and refurbished your family house(s), office, school, church, mosque, shrine
Is our government no longer a representative of OUR collective VALUES?
Abi our government is made up of ALIENS ni? shocked
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Smellymouth: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
This is better, try and visit warri police barracks

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by anonimi: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Charly68:
Corruption everywhere,what happened to yearly budgetary allocation for maintenance of the building ? Ended up in private pockets . O God save our nation

No need to call on God to save us.
Our "saviour" is here already. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by 4nobody4every1: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
thesicilian:
If I trained in this kind of place[b], my heart would be stronger & darker[/b] than most Nigerian police officers'.
.Hhahaha, you are right though, the money budgeted by successive administration for the rehabilitation of police barracks nationwide, ends up in the stomach of AIG's, Commissioners of police and their collaboration with civilians in the various police formations across the country, so it serves them right, penny wise and pound foolish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by anonimi: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
lookandlaff:
sad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3478471_pppp_jpegc6479b5d2dc8a6c9e0c4c020d8a724ee

Thanks for shaming us with the above picture from "small" Ghana that knows how to MAINTAIN their government facilities unlike the FAKE giant of Africa- our dear country. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
McCarlito:

Op: That is the picture of the Federal Highway Patrol Barracks Ikeja opposite Area F command and off Police College Ikeja... Stop misleading the public with ur wrong outburst... The police college ikeja was last renovated during the Jonathan administration and never had buildings like this even before its renovation.. That is behind the Highway barracks Ikeja. Please before u publish a wrong image of something try doing extra findings before u rush to the internet to publish wrong image

But if i may ask, isn't this a police facilty?

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by 4nobody4every1: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2016
anonimi:

Thanks for shaming us with the above picture from "small" Ghana that knows how to MAINTAIN their government facilities unlike the FAKE giant of Africa- our dear country. embarassed embarassed
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by Gamesmart: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
The budget for maintaining it was yam.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Ikeja Police Barracks ( Pics) by October1960: 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2016
No wonder they produce thieves for leaders and hooligans for road patrol

All the money meant for development and training has been sent overseas to purchase houses and cars for their wives yes wives.

One of the last former IG of police you should see his mansion in the US.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14 Ways We Are Worse Off Since Buhari Became President / Court Sacks Uche Secondus As PDP Member And National Chairman / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.