Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland (1755 Views)

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? / Lady Who Was Duped And Jilted By 8 Men Finally Got Married In Lagos / How I Got Duped With My Money,time,and Makeup!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by foxvilles: 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
I know I'm not supposed to post this on romance section but this is the place I actually got the advert for buying data sub by a nairalander advertising his business.

I saw his subscription tariffs in one of the comment sections although I've been seeing many of such lately and I just decided to go for a specific one to try it out of its really worth it. I decided to save his number on my contact just in case if he's trust worthy enough I can make him my data subscription supplier.

Today, due to an assignment I was given which requires thorough online research, I decided to subscribe because my subscription got finished few weeks ago and I'm managing my blackberry bis subscription but I'm not usually comfortable using my blackberry for surfing the web. It's not as flexible as my Android device.

I decided to call the guy last night, his phone rang for a couple of times but he didn't pick, so he called this morning which I told him I'm in need of data sub. I could have gone for the normal MTN subscription I usually do but I just decided to patronize a fellow brother here on nairaland to see if it will go well and in turn I can be requesting for data sub from him. While on the call he asked me to specify the type I need which I told him and he also gave other suitable options too but being the first time, I decided to minimize my demand.

To cut the story short, he said he was going to send the data and then after I make the payment he'll test the activation code. Few minutes later, I saw the message that I've received the data subscription in which I can't use till I activate. Since I'm not on cash, I decided to use my Mobile banking app to transfer the money. I then called the guy if he's seen alert, he said no, I tried to show understanding because sometimes network could be bad. After few hours I had to call again and still he said he haven't seen anything and my bank account has been debited. I decided to transfer airtime on my line to see if it's going to go through, to my greatest surprise it went through and my account was again debited. I decided to call the guy, he said maybe he should give me another number so that I can send the airtime for the data sub purchase. Till evening he still said he hasn't seen anything.

I know I've already being duped but I was trying to show understanding to someone that doesn't even care whether I'm a student or not.

Why I wrote this long epistle is so that others won't fall for this same crap, sometimes you might just want to assist a brother make his market move but they end up biting your finger. This is his number here just in case: 08147337367.
#I just tried to buy naija to grow the naira, naija just bought me instead.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Cutehector(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
It's ur greediness dat got u duped.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by missingrib(f): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2016
Oyo is ur case
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by jamex93(m): 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
how many times u dey see topics say make una no dey buy data like dat

na waiting u want, u see so

sorry

3 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
go for what is worldly known and regarded una no go gree una just the follow Ben Bruce him no dey buy made in naija oo
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Tommyclancy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
sorry,you be mugu o winksorry,you be mugu o
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2016
Lessons for my type always looking for business on nairaland. I have been lucky though.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by ElDaIllest(m): 9:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
You lack the connect grin
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Mutuwa(m): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
Cutehector:

Most probably!
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2016
Expectd you to mention his moniker, wetin I wan use hin number do? I go cram am?
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by foxvilles: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=Cutehector post=43627512]It's ur greediness dat got u duped.[/quality uote]

Not that I was greedy, cos the subscription tariff is not wide compared to the one I usually do, I was just trying to patronize an individual so that he can also make little profit instead of MTN as usual.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Cutehector(m): 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
[quote author=foxvilles post=43628561][/quote]see wat ur "wanting to" has caused u nw...

Next time don't do a deal with someone u can't see.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
When they say only use rooneyboy on this forum una no go hear. Sorry OP, too many scammers here. Do a search for only reliable sellers before engaging anyone.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by foxvilles: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
charix:
When they say only use rooneyboy on this forum una no go hear. Sorry OP, too many scammers here. Do a search for only reliable sellers before engaging anyone.

Rooneyboy abi....ok
Infact in not doing again......I'd rather subscribe with the faithful mtn I can't see who delivers promptly than some fellows you're trying to assist to grow their business.
Thanks for the tip tho
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 10, 2016
Cutehector:
where is the greediness in op's explanation? U re always insulting everyone these days. You ve changed dude. Aint the cutehector I knew back in the days
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 10, 2016
Sorry
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by donbenedict(m): 6:41am On Mar 10, 2016
MissMalia:
where is the greediness in op's explanation? U re always insulting everyone these days. You ve changed dude. Aint the cutehector I knew back in the days
lol what's the cutehector like whom u knew back in the days?
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 10, 2016
He wanted a short cut nd u got 'cut' in d process!
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Rooneyboy(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2016
charix:

Thank u for the mention sir , I'm more than grateful for the mention.

Chat me up on whatsapp , make we relate.

Have something for u
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by seunny4lif(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2016
grin grin
Make I laugh small
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Rooneyboy(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2016
foxvilles:

Rooneyboy abi....ok
Infact in not doing again......I'd rather subscribe with the faithful mtn I can't see who delivers promptly than some fellows you're trying to assist to grow their business.
Thanks for the tip tho

Hint of knowing scammers ,

1) When they give extremely cheap prices : "we" DATA sellers buy @ 1k from MTN , so when u see something cheaper than 1k , pls run .... When U see an offer cheaper than what MTN gives , common , that is cooperating with a thief.

2) When U want to buy DATA , act like u want to pay via bank transfer , u go further by asking for the person's bank transfer details, if the person declines giving u his bank details and insist on u giving him recharge pins , my brother flee .

Good luck on ur next purchase sir , and don't look for something extremely cheap (cheaper than 1k) next time .

# cheers
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by firstking01(m): 9:42am On Mar 10, 2016
foxvilles:
I know I'm not supposed to post this on romance section but this is the place I actually got the advert for buying data sub by a nairalander advertising his business.

I saw his subscription tariffs in one of the comment sections although I've been seeing many of such lately and I just decided to go for a specific one to try it out of its really worth it. I decided to save his number on my contact just in case if he's trust worthy enough I can make him my data subscription supplier.

Today, due to an assignment I was given which requires thorough online research, I decided to subscribe because my subscription got finished few weeks ago and I'm managing my blackberry bis subscription but I'm not usually comfortable using my blackberry for surfing the web. It's not as flexible as my Android device.

I decided to call the guy last night, his phone rang for a couple of times but he didn't pick, so he called this morning which I told him I'm in need of data sub. I could have gone for the normal MTN subscription I usually do but I just decided to patronize a fellow brother here on nairaland to see if it will go well and in turn I can be requesting for data sub from him. While on the call he asked me to specify the type I need which I told him and he also gave other suitable options too but being the first time, I decided to minimize my demand.

To cut the story short, he said he was going to send the data and then after I make the payment he'll test the activation code. Few minutes later, I saw the message that I've received the data subscription in which I can't use till I activate. Since I'm not on cash, I decided to use my Mobile banking app to transfer the money. I then called the guy if he's seen alert, he said no, I tried to show understanding because sometimes network could be bad. After few hours I had to call again and still he said he haven't seen anything and my bank account has been debited. I decided to transfer airtime on my line to see if it's going to go through, to my greatest surprise it went through and my account was again debited. I decided to call the guy, he said maybe he should give me another number so that I can send the airtime for the data sub purchase. Till evening he still said he hasn't seen anything.

I know I've already being duped but I was trying to show understanding to someone that doesn't even care whether I'm a student or not.

Why I wrote this long epistle is so that others won't fall for this same crap, sometimes you might just want to assist a brother make his market move but they end up biting your finger. This is his number here just in case: 08147337367.
i blame you for everything

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 10, 2016
firstking01:
i blame you for everything
send d text that was sent to yu to activate ur data
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by firstking01(m): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2016
Preciousone4ril:
send d text that was sent to yu to activate ur data
i don't get you
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by yvonne001(f): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2016
I took a risk on nairaland by patronizing Bunmi getting close to a year now and he has never failed me...I have even given him so many customers too...Some are genuine while some i just cheap rogues.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by foxvilles: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2016
I just received an alert from the bank just now, money has been refunded back into my account. I think it was due to network but I was debited since yesterday till now, I have just been credited.........Maybe I was wrong about the guy but from what rooneyboy said about scammers on his comment, I requested for his account number, he sorta preferred airtime transfer. But all the same, my account has been credited with the money.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by IBNGARBA: 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Whats the fella that duped U Username on nairaland. Lets know so as to be careful not to deal with him in any business transaction

2 Likes

Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by HIPROFILE(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2017
IBNGARBA:
Whats the fella that duped U Username on nairaland. Lets know so as to be careful not to deal with him in any business transaction

Here's is his number u may search the contact on google to see other report against it 0814 733 7367
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Cutehector:
Why won't they dupe him when he wants to buy 10gb for 1k cheesy.
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by dhamstar(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Rorachy:
Why won't they dupe him when he wants to buy 10gb for 1k cheesy.
I'm sure e go don learn hin lesson now say awuf dey kill
Re: I Have Just Been Duped By Data Sub Seller On Nairaland by jaxmand: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
foxvilles:

Sometimes last year one confidence from nairaland duped me also..#150k to get a recharge card pin I posted it here instead of SEUN to move it to front page I was banned then and he remove the post.. Am sure am not the only victim of that guy.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Babymama. Pay Is Attractive / Seriously Boys And Girls Who De Lie Pass? / Romantic Old Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.