Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware (36370 Views)

Check out this Conversation Between GTB And A Jobseeker On Twitter / Are You A Jobseeker And You Do Not Like Marketing? Then, You Are A Learner! / See Ds Interesting Thread I Saw On Twitter,Shows Reality Of Life As A JobSeeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by busyinks(f): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2016
The new name they call themselves is incallNG, ws told to pay 25k for 3days training and 45k for 10days, after which a referral Will be made, very organised set of scammers, was given d same address, Adeyemo alakija strret, d office is in d eleganza building, first floor.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by oluwadeeboi(m): 10:56am On Jun 17, 2016
as in ehnnn...The lady even get mind to call me today...wanting to know if iv sent money to their fraudulent sister company Stanley and cooper nig ltd.
sucre042:
Thank God you didn't fall victim!! They are the biggest scammers in d history of job fraud!!
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by oluwadeeboi(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2016
busyinks:
The new name they call themselves is incallNG, ws told to pay 25k for 3days training and 45k for 10days, after which a referral Will be made, very organised set of scammers, was given d same address, Adeyemo alakija strret, d office is in d eleganza building, first floor.
did u also come for the interview on thursday?
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by busyinks(f): 11:02am On Jun 17, 2016
oluwadeeboi:

Mine was tues
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by oluwadeeboi(m): 11:16am On Jun 17, 2016
busyinks:

Mine was tues
okay. Na God go help us for this country. Lets keep up with the struggle
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by EdoBoy90(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2016
Noted
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by djmojijaiye: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
You guys are not well informed at all, first of all the company is not a scam in anyway as you have clearly misled a lot of readers on Nairaland,

They engage in training of customer support agents and in turn refer them to companies where they can be gainfully employed. Initially when I read the story I was a bit confused but things are a bit clearer now.

How am I 100% sure that this is NOT a scam

I have a GF that trained with them April 2016,she was called to resume at a company at VI ,She paid for the same training like the others that people are complaining here,attended the training for 10 days .... waited at home for some time till she was called to resume.

So where is the scam there ?

You pay for a training, they refer you to companies that need your services after the training.

My advise to anyone reading this is to ignore all negative comments and make an educated decision.

Goodluck to all job seekers
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by zionsen: 3:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
Is it possible to have such scammers in this time and day? Me wey train there last month. I dey work for correct place for Surulere. Una dey here dey kill unaself. You think its easy to get jobs this days without doing something extra for this new Nigeria. It is well with us.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ayorade: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
oluwadeeboi:

Let me do my findings first.. in this century ehn.. that was how some1 came on nairaland to discourage me about a company I went there and met a different story.. Now I have a job.. pls let's stop killing ourselves...and i will personally go to this Vi on my off day..and will be back with feedback..
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by oluwadeeboi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
ayorade:
Let me do my findings first.. in this century ehn.. that was how some1 came on nairaland to discourage me about a company I went there and met a different story.. Now I have a job.. pls let's stop killing ourselves...and i will personally go to this Vi on my off day..and will be back with feedback..
oh! very nice, just go there with 25k or 45k, but keep your ATM card at home sha. W.O.W.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by jkorakwue: 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
ayorade:

Why in the world would you want to go to VI to find out anything,i think you will be wasting your time and money.We know nairaland is filled with different personalities,i play a lot on this forum and it irritates me anytime i see a company advertise a position ,the next comment will be 'scam' is that not silly ?

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion,but one thing i am so sure of is that this company is not a scam as claimed by the writer,the only issue here is that he is angry he was advised to pay for a training.

The OP might still be jobless after his "ordeal at Victoria Island"

Funny world
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by tolatawni: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=oluwadeeboi post=46654708]
okay. Na God go help us for this country. Lets keep up with the struggle
This company own better now. At least na money dem ask nd job go sure.My friend went for interview in a company. The boss said he has to sleep with her before getting the job. Abeg which one better pass. If I see this one I good do o.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ebimarian: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
danieloy4:

Pls ma fellow brethren i take God beg you, if you come across this address anytime, just ignore. This nameless company no be GNLD o,these ones are professional confirm scammers,so highly organized in the name of recruiting unemployed graduates. They are located in Victoria Island beside GTB bank at that adress in the screenshot,their office is in this eleganza complex,down floor. So you can imagine if a group of people can rent out a huge space like that in that opulent location,my fellow i think its high time we also start doing more research before we go for any interviews cos there is no how you would be told you have an interview on the island and you wouldnt expect it to be genuine cos e b lyk say most of them now believe Island is the main deal now

Dont want to go into the ordeal some of my friends went through today in their hands but for the ones who would say until i see for myself before i believe, well just make sure say you carry your 45k along for the so called training on customer service before you would be placed on 150k salary at any company of your choice,but if you no get dt amount,you fit pay any amount to start even if na 1k(You guys knw na say naso God dey take catch them once they tell you to pay any amount)

And dont even bother carrying your fone along cos you cant use it and you must not talk to anyone and you cant go tru the same way you came in of which sef them go even follow you reach gate so u don't tell others to show you how foolish they are.

Learnt that they just moved from the mainland in less than a month and naso them dey do from one place to another and naso innocent people they troop in daily to their office to be scammed.

Pls lets help others by exposing all these fraudulent agents,GNLD, recruiting exercises cos shey as tins dey tight reach for this country na that time people are looking for how to collect from their pockets cos i knw say the Innocent ones sometimes fall victims.

Pls share your experiences with others,dont keep quiet,lets save others from scam especially those not in lagos,living far away to save them the stress.

Imagine an old man came all the way from Ogun state since yesterday evening, slept in an open place only to be attended to today and told to pay 45k again, Can u imagine, na God go punish those people o.

Nobody has a right to demand money from you in other to get a job.

And i pray none of us would fall victim IJN
Abeg help me.....is this for real too
Code:G1225, Plot 634 Adeyemo alakija street beside Gtbank head office victoria island lagos. Call Greatness for more enquiries on 09085688104....they told me d company name is OCLN
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
Occng is still open cloud, ocnl is still open cloud the were disgrace today, the were at allen,den move to telepoint 77 opebi,634 ADEYEMO ALAKIJA Vi with another company name , ,if u buy Sim cards for ur staff to comment I will mention names, so Mr Sam is,Mr Monday try commenting am happy the press is highly involved watch out for more details ,you told the whole world you will kill me today am happy I will expose u guys, Anthony thanks for the surport.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Zirah: 7:22am On Oct 05, 2016
Oh my goodness! Is Mr PABLO a foreigner with white skin? Is Monday short and dark in complexion? I can't remember the names of the other two bosses but they're tall (at least taller than Pablo) and dark skinned. I think one of them is called Dotun?

P.S: Monday is a staff. Mr Dotun, Pablo and the third guy are the owners.

etimgeorge:
Occng is still open cloud, ocnl is still open cloud the were disgrace today, the were at allen,den move to telepoint 77 opebi,634 ADEYEMO ALAKIJA Vi with another company name , ,if u buy Sim cards for ur staff to comment I will mention names, so Mr Sam is,Mr Monday try commenting am happy the press is highly involved watch out for more details ,you told the whole world you will kill me today am happy I will expose u guys, Anthony thanks for the surport.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2016
How can u call me dis morning asking me to shut up or u will blackmail me sleeping with a driver that is hiv positive how does it relate ,mr Monday the game is over, if u ask people to shoot me the whole world is aware I will expose you,
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Zirah: 8:48am On Oct 05, 2016
I'd like to use this opportunity to warn the public to stay off these accomplished scammers.

(1) The name of their so called company is TELEPOINT. They were at or are at Allen Avenue, it's a walking distance from Allen bustop. If you're coming from Allen, the building is at the left of the road. At the time I trained with them towards the end of May 2013, they used the 3rd floor but occupied only 3 rooms i.e one for classes and two for their offices.

Note: the floors were not tiled.

(2) By the time l went back for my 'certificate' on the 6th June, 2013, I saw that they had occupied the whole floor, fully equipped with new furniture. The floors were tiled, they had more 'students/trainees' (infact a class was on) etc. I remember saying to myself "these people are making serious money from this hideous business". I truly wanted to call one or two people aside to warn them but l just decided to move on. Why? Because I didn't have valid proof other than intuition.

Note: Before I registered for the training, intuitively, l knew something wasn't quite right. I went ahead to register anyway. Well, the next day, l dashed to their office and told their staff who registered me, lfeoma, that l wanted out and my money back. I told them outrightly that I thought they were scammers. They refuted and I met with their boss Femi who succeeded in talking me out of it. Ifeoma is fair-skinned and has a thing with her tongue when she talks. I'm mentioning names here cos of some doubting Thomas.

(3) l'm certain we're talking about the same people. And l'm not surprised they changed locations under different names. I'm not surprised too that they're now on the Island, do you know how much they make and the number of people being scammed everyday under the guise of 'training and certification'? Mind you, their fake customer service training is still ongoing unless something is done to stop them. They're making money albeit fraudulently. I've seen their ads everywhere.

(4) Their ad "Be a Customer Service and Telesales Representative and Earn up to 150,000 monthly" reeks of SCAM. They told us at the point of registration that they had partnerships with telecom companies, banks and other coys who make use of Call Center Agents. You'll find this information on the flyers given to us. They also made us believe that employment/consideration was AUTOMATIC with these coys as long as you were a trainee with them. We were also made to believe they were liaising with an organisation in the US and thus, were authorized to give those certifications. The Certificates came from USA, they said. It did bear USA something but that don't make it original or real. Anyone can come up with anything.

(5) Monday, (if it's the same person) shame on you that you still work there. I wanted to believe you would develop some guilt and leave the owners to their thing. Obviously, I see you have no conscience, you love what you do.

(6) I'm all up for bringing these people down. It's 2016 now and their time ought to have been over!

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Zirah: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2016
Haha. You're right. The one l called Femi is Dotun. Mr Niyi is the head of the group. PABLO is a foreigner of mixed race. I don't know the Indian guy, he wasn't there in my time.

1 Like

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Zirah: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2016
My grouse with this company isn't even the placement they claim to give trainees cos that to me is nothing. Nobody gives you anything you have to work for it and it'll never be from these people. My aim was to get a certification in customer service. I found out too late that the certificates they give is fake. "Certified Customer Service Professional" rubbish. Who certified you, which association do you belong to?... Is it the Nigerian approved Customer Service Certification or American? These are serious questions intending trainees should ask themselves before keying in their money.

My point is if you're certified in any field, there should be an Association that recognises you as a professional in that field.

3 Likes

Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Zirah: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2016
It's a good thing you're turning them in. They're Corporate Scammers and it may be difficult for innocent job seekers especially those just entering the labor market to easily decipher.

etimgeorge:
Open cloud has been disgrace mr Monday u can't ask me to keep shut, telepoint, open cloud same. U offer me money I rejected now u want to do cheap black mail,go ahead
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
The offer me 500k to shut up I made sure I sat with trainee past and new once, so the can see,I even introduced the poor driver to dem, I had 400 naira with me but I say no to scammers, and I rejected their dirty money ,the said the will kill me destroy my name
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
when you people are so desperate to get a job, thank God they are just a scam. biko jobseekers becareful. abeg. God (Allah) go watch over us all and he shall send His angels (malach) to guard us all. A church member even in his desperation to get a job fell victim of kidnapping. thank God for the efccs who were just in time. where would we have looked and checked while searching for someone who is already in a den? please, it always hurt me so much when i come online and see on fp someone is missing. or this and that evil, sad stories. i pray none of us shall fall victim of these evil guys anymore even though the world is of evil and good. but all the same, you people should just becareful, God that created you already have a plan for you. many has bn searching for over 5 years and still, nothing to show for it. verily i say unto you, when its your time, its absolutely your time. please be watchful and be prayerful.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 1:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
This is the message the sent to theirs trainees dis morning becos I expose dem, Hello guys, this calabar girl calling and sending messages as early as 5am, do you think she is OK? Me thinks she is on drugs. According to the info I got, she was suspended indefinitely 2weeks ago because she was having a sexual affair with one of the company drivers who is 23yrs.Why is she just talking after she was suspended, let's be smart here.She beat up the employee that exposed her and threatened to kill her that's why they brought in police since last week. Let's be smart and not jump into conclusion just yet.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 1:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
Dis is d message Sam sent out to trainee dis morning coz I told dem the truth yesterday,i will expose you No more hiv talk Hello guys, this calabar girl calling and sending messages as early as 5am, do you think she is OK? Me thinks she is on drugs. According to the info I got, she was suspended indefinitely 2weeks ago because she was having a sexual affair with one of the company drivers who is 23yrs.Why is she just talking after she was suspended, let's be smart here.She beat up the employee that exposed her and threatened to kill her that's why they brought in police since last week. Let's be smart and not jump into conclusion just yet.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
If you no I knw you pls vacate that building I will start mentioning your real name, management of open cloud d say am hiv positive,am on drugs,i ve an affair with driver I will not shut up,dis is d driver number that leak their ass out 09038168822 wale, d beat him up yesterday and ask him to run d poor boy call me 1am dis morning and inform me his ordeal with them, no hiding place again open cloud am ready for dis certificate printed in surulere by their dirty kid brother call bayo and the say is USA, God punish your generation
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
Open cloud u do medicals really, pls show the world my health status,and I summited my health status to ur company,where u sleep with ur staff in ur office, and u want me to keep shut, I wonder want u can do with a woman with dat ur small penis as d normally discus u at ur company,I said you all are scammers and you send text about affair, am happy that wale got your wife pregnant coz ur sins ve taken away every part of ur body at ur age.dirty pig,no more staffs to buy news Sim cards to comment on post so the world will not see
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by etimgeorge: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
These is ur breakfast open cloud, telepoint management scammers
1. Obtaining money from jobless graduates by false pretence.
2. Operating illegal/unregistered biz.
3. Tax evasion.
4. Libel.
5. Character assassination.
6. Threat to your personal life.
7. Unlawfully witholding your due wages for 6 months in contravention of the Nigerian labour law.
Re: Ordeal Of A Jobseeker Today In Victoria Island,pls Beware by ebubeh: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
these people are hardened criminals now....since way back. They just use the training as a cover for their evil deeds. They are bastards and their company will still fall to crumbs.

What they know how to do best is milk jobseekers of their little money then threaten them afterwards. That shameless he goat that calls himself Niyi that sleeps witg one of the staffs called

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / Npower Missing Info / Download The Gmat 2007 Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.