Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike (8918 Views)

NNPC Scandal: PENGASSAN, NUPENG Pledge Support for Baru (Photos) / Avengers Warns NUPENG, PENGASSAN, Foreigners To Leave Oil Fields / PENGASSAN Going On Strike On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Allansmith: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2016
I just hope the long queue on major parts of our roads would disappear in no time as NUPENG, PENGASSAN call off strike after midnight meeting with the minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu and leaders of the two unions....Power Holding please do the needful by restoring power too...
God Bless Nigeria

The strike action called by Nigeria’s two powerful oil unions, PENGASSAN and NUPENG has been called off.
According to sources the strike was called off at 4:00 am today after a marathon meeting between the minister of state for petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu and leaders of the two unions.
The workers had staged a work walk-out on Wednesday following the announcement of the unbundling of the NNPC into seven autonomous units.
The workers kicked that the minister had not carried them along and that the unbundling triggered issues about pensions, possible job losses and due process.
Spokesmen said the unbundling also breached the law that set up the NNPC, 38 years ago.
Kachikwu assured them that there was no unbundling of NNPC, stressing that, what was happening was a restructuring.
“We have not unbundled NNPC. We had a press conference yesterday where I explained this,” Kachikwu said.
“What we have simply done is reorganisation. We have five business entities focused on business- Upstream, Downstream, Refineries, Gas and Power, that are there before.
“There is also ventures that capture all our little companies that were not having proper stewardship.
“They are run by individuals who report to the GMD. The NNPC is still a whole. There is nothing new that has happened.
“I have tried to explain this and I am sure the NNPC workers are members of the family, they will understand.
“We are going to have a meeting, and they will be made to understand. Perhaps the engagement has not been good enough.
“NNPC has not been unbundled in the sense of breaking up NNPC into distinct institutions. I am concerned.
“I don’t want the industry shut down. I am sure we are going to resolve the issues very soon,” he further explained.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/03/10/nupeng-pengassan-call-off-strike/

1 Share

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by MadCow1: 9:01am On Mar 11, 2016
Buhari should find a way to scrap NUPENG, PENGASSAN, Tanker Drivers Union and the NLC.

These groups have grown into monsters that only lookout for their selfish interests and no the General good.

Who in their right minds would oppose a move to unbundle the NNPC?

20 Likes

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by lonelydora: 9:01am On Mar 11, 2016
Op, which planet are you from? Strike wey dey suspend yesterday wey I dey vex say I dey go resume work.
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by sashx(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2016
We hope so. These saboteurs are just too much. Ni matter what they do, Nigeria will definately be great soon in sha Allah. Baba shall succed by His Grace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:01am On Mar 11, 2016
ok
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by segsxpendable(m): 9:02am On Mar 11, 2016
thank God!
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Elzends(m): 9:02am On Mar 11, 2016
Ok, waiting for the outcome
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by ChappyChase: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
Okay.
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by mufasapapasanta(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
Nice
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Ryabcool(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
[b]some people would happily make sure the country collapses on us all if they don't get their selfish desires. The same incompetent old men that have plundered and embezzled our commonwealth in Nnpc are the ones trying to hold the country to ransom just because their useless egos are hurt for the noninclusion in the decision process. And these same people will go to their houses and blame Buhari for the bad economy. They will sit in their houses and discuss with their friends that the government of the day is incompetent, whereas they are the cause of our woes. How can some people who know how the country is managing at the moment still want to take no wonder nigeria is this backward
you are one of the educated i d i o t[right][/right]measures that will further cripple the country, just because of unclarified reports? Same thing with this phcn. IKEDC is now owned and run by a private firm which has the power of hire and fire at will, yet these people have the guts to stage a protest and prevent workers from coming in? Lucky for them that I'm not the Governor, I would have sent police and army officers to disperse them **** Their ****would have been on their heads for trying to cripple the entire country down just because of their selfish interests. [/b]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by owellej(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2016
It is obvious that truly, there was a country
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Good for dem n us!
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by webincomeplus(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2016
So, was it the media that reported false information initially?
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by GentleJ2: 9:04am On Mar 11, 2016
Good
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Flexherbal(m): 9:05am On Mar 11, 2016
We hope the queue disappears!
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by LessNoise: 9:09am On Mar 11, 2016
These same elements sabotaged the last govt why do we have all these crazy associations... You sell pepper there's an association for that, to set up a barber shop you must register to an association it's time we cancelled these entities contributing hardship to we citizens....

3 Likes

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by tobyemmanuel(m): 9:10am On Mar 11, 2016
I support the unbundling of NNPC. They don't want progress. But what the hell is PENGASAM?
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by neonly: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2016
In short I blame Goodluck for this hahaha

1 Like

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2016
When will APC give us the so called CHANGE..... this present government is the worst Nigeria has ever experienced.

1 Like

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by akegists: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2016
It's high time. Haba at least person gp buy petrol even if light no dey
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by karlnyeno: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2016
ok . the president should punish those behind the strick action. these are the people that don't meant well for this country . Am in front page life na turn by turn one day I'll be ftc

1 Like

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by lukelumiere: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2016
Strike has never been a positive decision to make.

1 Like

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by ogene007: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2016
MadCow1:
Buhari should find a way to scrap NUPENG, PENGASSAN, Tanker Drivers Union and the NLC.

These groups have grown into monsters that only lookout for their selfish interests and no the General good.

Who in their right minds would oppose a move to unbundle the NNPC?
Abacha tried all those tactics and failed woefully, so Buhari who is just a learner in the art of oppression and misrule can only fail. You will do yourself a world of good by studying more about the history of trade unionism in nigeria before coming online to advertise you lack of proper education.

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by luckylucky: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2016
It quite unfortunate that Nigeria are endowed with greedy and selfish citizens. If I may ask what does NNPC unbundled has to do with strike that both workers and PENGANSSAN embarked on few days ago? . The honourable minister has launched the proposal to unbundled the money making machine to cabas into many profit making companies in order to create jobs for more Nigerians. Recycling evil people are saying No, thinking that Nigeria belong to them and their families only.
We can’t forward as a country until we learn about showing love to the masses.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Elinob(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2016
If wuna lyk make wuna strike till dis year finished it knw concerns me 4 leg or hand
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Vicadonis(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2016
no fuel still. nonsense
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by MadCow1: 9:24am On Mar 11, 2016
ogene007:

Abacha tried all those tactics and failed woefully, so Buhari who is just a learner in the art of oppression and misrule can only fail. You will do yourself a world of good by studying more about the history of trade unionism in nigeria before coming online to advertise you lack of proper education.

History is History, leave it there.

The history does not take away from the fact these unions have grown into monsters today that are anti-developmental.

Call me whatever you please but I maintain that all these Unions need to go. Magret Tatcher did it in the U.K and History shows the benefit it brought them.

4 Likes

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by Aroh48(m): 9:29am On Mar 11, 2016
I wipe for this country

1 Like

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by ErasmusCOMP: 9:30am On Mar 11, 2016
Good development!
Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by ogene007: 9:31am On Mar 11, 2016
luckylucky:
It quite unfortunate that Nigeria are endowed with greedy and selfish citizens. If I may ask what does NNPC unbundled has to do with strike that both workers and PENGANSSAN embarked on few days ago? . The honourable minister has launched the proposal to unbundled the money making machine to cabas into many profit making companies in order to create jobs for more Nigerians. Recycling evil people are saying No, thinking that Nigeria belong to them and their families only.
We can’t forward as a country until we learn about showing love to the masses.
The government was perceived as not being sincere, hence the strike action. I guess the government has given assurances to the unions that they would be carried along, moving forward, before the strike was called off. I want to add that before any successful unbundling can be done, proper governance structures, backed by the necessary legal framework has to be put in place to ensure that we would not have another NITEL fiasco on our hands. Unbundling of NNPC is not a quickfix activity for the purpose of playing to the media. It is an activity that has to be properly thought through. I guess Buhari and Kachikwu have learnt their lessons.

2 Likes

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by kumakunta: 9:43am On Mar 11, 2016
Ryabcool:
[b]some people would happily make sure the country collapses on us all if they don't get their selfish desires. The same incompetent old men that have plundered and embezzled our commonwealth in Nnpc are the ones trying to hold the country to ransom just because their useless egos are hurt for the noninclusion in the decision process. And these same people will go to their houses and blame Buhari for the bad economy. They will sit in their houses and discuss with their friends that the government of the day is incompetent, whereas they are the cause of our woes. How can some people who know how the country is managing at the moment still want to take measures that will further cripple the country, just because of unclarified reports? Same thing with this phcn. IKEDC is now owned and run by a private firm which has the power of hire and fire at will, yet these people have the guts to stage a protest and prevent workers from coming in? Lucky for them that I'm not the Governor, I would have sent police and army officers to disperse them **** Their ****would have been on their heads for trying to cripple the entire country down just because of their selfish interests. [/b]
What I know from what's going on in the economy apart from drop in oil price is a deliberate attempt by some cabals expecially in the civil service to frustrate this present administration.
By so doing the masses will lose faith in this government and seek another option by 2019. Of which comes a weaker leader with whom they can manipulate and continue their relaxation in the pool of corruption and mediocrity.

Most of the top civil servants ain't happy with this present administration,things ain't coming as usual for them. I know what am saying coz I have family members at the top of which they complain directly to me that Buhari is being too tough on them whenever I ask for assistance. They just can't wait for 2019.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUPENG, PENGASSAN Call Off Strike by luckylucky: 9:48am On Mar 11, 2016
ogene007:

The government was perceived as not being sincere, hence the strike action. I guess the government has given assurances to the unions that they would be carried along, moving forward, before the strike was called off. I want to add that before any successful unbundling can be done, proper governance structures, backed by the necessary legal framework has to be put in place to ensure that we would not have another NITEL fiasco on our hands. Unbundling of NNPC is not a quickfix activity for the purpose of playing to the media. It is an activity that has to be properly thought through. I guess Buhari and Kachikwu have learnt their lessons.
Thank you for your contribution. You are blessed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zamfara: Bandits "Unconditionally" Release 100 Persons After 42 Days / Independence Day: Akeredolu Grants 18 Prisoners Amnesty / Edo North PDP Suspends Dan Orbih, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.