Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips (21990 Views)

Buhari’s Approval Rating Crashes Down – Poll / Bayelsa Poll: Buhari Shuns Sylva / How "My 100 Days Convenant With Nigerians" Went Viral Without Buhari's Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Elose11(m): 6:14am On Mar 11, 2016
A monthly poll tracking the performance of governments at all levels in Nigeria, and providing feedback from the public to their elected officials, has recorded President Muhammadu Buhari’s first major approval rating slide.

The February survey by Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria (GAIN) said more Nigerians for the first time since December 2015 scored Buhari low on jobs, economy, and power.

In earlier months, the poll found that majority of respondents did not blame President Buhari for Nigeria’s current economic troubles. They blamed former President Goodluck Jonathan instead.

The trend however shifted significantly in February as the nation’s economic crisis bit harder, in what the poll coordinators said suggested the president’s “honey moon” might have ended.

“The survey was administered using electronic media between February 22 and 29, 2016. A total of 757 complete responses were received. The survey results have a four per cent margin of error at a 95 per cent confidence level,” said Malcolm Fabiyi, one of the poll’s coordinators, who previously served as a visiting professor at the Lagos Business School.

The February result showed that Buhari’s approval rating dropped from 63.4 per cent in January to 32.8 per cent, and more Nigerians held the president responsible for the struggling economy for the first time.

The president scored low on jobs, economy, power, and rule of law. A huge 79 per cent of respondents rated the government’s handling of recurring clashes between herdsmen and farmers poor.

The poll, according to Premium Times, also found that the Nigerian Senate maintained the lowest approval rating of all governmental institutions. The army was the highest rated national institution.
Respondents also rated the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, as Nigeria’s best minister so far.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/11/poll-buharis-approval-rating-slips/

12 Likes

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Elose11(m): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2016
APC and Liar Mohammed will come out with their own shortly.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by pendusky(m): 6:20am On Mar 11, 2016
Few days to 1 year in office and they are still blaming GEJ? grin
maybe may 29 no one will even score him
If Abo.k1 on the streets could tell us Things hard...
Did I just heard Nigeria's without 2016 budget?
grin

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by SleekMallam: 6:44am On Mar 11, 2016
Giving a baboon water to drink is not the problem but collecting the cup back from him.

We miscalculated by giving buhari our mandate. We want it back now!!!!!!

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by simi4me(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2016
Is he back from tour?

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Amazondepth(m): 6:51am On Mar 11, 2016
Truth b told,the man PMB lacks the dexterity to lead a complex society as Nigeria. Most people who rate him highly today are hausa fulani,a few yorubas or Muslims for obvious reasons and dat is d sad reality.Even if oil prices went to 100 dollars,how do u rule a people whr a segment feel ostracised,handling of fulani herdsmen issue seems nonchalant,no respect for rule of law,no tolerance of political opposition,no empathy and communication with the people u govern,policy summersault,denials of campaign promises,excessive taxation of the poor,appointments into key sectors based purely on political reasons rather than technocracy.10 months gone and for the sake of Nigerians I hope soon,we shall experience true and positive change. The suffering is just too much.

177 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Raphael81(m): 6:53am On Mar 11, 2016
wait lemme ask Liar Mohammed if it is true

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by eleojo23: 6:54am On Mar 11, 2016
Not surprising.
It is only the ''zombies'' will continue to give him 100% rating no matter what he does.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by anonimi: 7:00am On Mar 11, 2016
Understandable.

Firefire:
I am really worried about the increasing death toll... cry

Buhari said: “If you elect me as the President of Nigeria on February 14 (now March 28), I am assuring you that our government will chase Boko Haram out of Nigeria within two months because it is the responsibility of any reasonable government to secure the lives and property of its citizens.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/polls-campaign-promises-great-expectations/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3126736_killbokoharam_jpegd375c59f7b9b33f00c41d6006bbb5f00

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3267743_lead_jpeg40d3816c9537a77f5db1d8af2860b5b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3445608_now_jpeg4e80cadb04809833dd7e1003c3001787

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by tunwumi: 7:01am On Mar 11, 2016
This is normal as most Nigerian view him as magician

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by anonimi: 7:03am On Mar 11, 2016
tunwumi:
This is normal as most Nigerian view him as magician

Were we not told that he is our only saviour?

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by anonimi: 7:06am On Mar 11, 2016
SleekMallam:
Giving a baboon water to drink is not the problem but collecting the cup back from him.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3234361_fbimg1450823846843_jpegccc7ea9d509141b638a64535ab185d08

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by anonimi: 7:09am On Mar 11, 2016

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by YelloweWest: 7:23am On Mar 11, 2016
U
Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by emymeeky: 7:23am On Mar 11, 2016
For the first time , the zombies eyes are beginning to clear grin
How can you not blame a man who promised you heaven on earth before winning the election and has literally denied all the promises after winning the election.?

Buharry
Bum bum buharry tongue

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2016
a
Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by brunofarad(m): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2016
:-XSAI CHANGE lipsrsealed

grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Zellie: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
This is the work of IPOB... We shouldn't start holding buhari responsible yet, we should wait till 2018. For now, let's keep blaming Jona!

Where them zombies at angry

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by nbright: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2016
-72 this government na the most uselesss ever in the history of Nigeria, very useless and directionless. His supporters are just ashamed to admit that the idiot of daura is a failure.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by freshness2020: 7:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Sebi they were foolishly rating him as if their life depends on it. Shouting sai baba! Sai baba grin grin grin!! Where is sai baba now, obviously in Washington laughing on their gullibility. Idin anu npama. undecided undecided undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by PassingShot(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2016
SleekMallam:

Are you part of us who gave him the mandate?

No.

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by FreemanDave(m): 7:26am On Mar 11, 2016
Amazondepth:
Truth b told,the man PMB lacks the dexterity to lead a complex society as Nigeria. Most people who rate him highly today are hausa fulani,a few yorubas or Muslims for obvious reasons and dat is d sad reality.Even if oil prices went to 100 dollars,how do u rule a people whr a segment feel ostracised,handling of fulani herdsmen issue seems nonchalant,no respect for rule of law,no tolerance of political opposition,no empathy and communication with the people u govern,policy summersault,denials of campaign promises,excessive taxation of the poor,appointments into key sectors based purely on political reasons rather than technocracy.10 months gone and for the sake of Nigerians I hope soon,we shall experience true and positive change. The suffering is just too much.

Political scientist.... Well-done... mtweeew

1 Like

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by harmless011: 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
I think the pool is rigged to favour buhari because the 32 percent approval rating is still not possible. Let them conduct a transparent pool and I can assure you buhari will not get up to 5 percent. No electricity, no fuel to power gen, companies sacking people left right and center, astronomical increase in price of goods and services, bank deductions and multiple taxation even housemaids and artisans are being taxed. Indeed there was a country.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
The problem is that the Government does not communicate its polices well.

I mean that,using light as an example....the government should tell Nigerians that while we cannot give you light 24/7, this is what we intend to do to get to that goal....while outlining a step by step process to getting to that goal.

Bad communication is not good.

5 Likes

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by onatisi(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
simi4me:
Is he back from tour?
I think he should take psquare and davido along with him on his next European tour next week ,make we kuku know say na musical tour he dey do. He hasn't visited Singapore,china,Russia and morroco. He can still do that this month

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by gokay11(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
Change
Alhamdulilah I'm a year older to
Happy birthday to me....

3 Likes

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by simplemach(m): 7:27am On Mar 11, 2016
O lord, I beg that I survive this APC curse upon Nigeria

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by lonelydora: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Haa
Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2016
The traveler

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by jeremiah771(m): 7:29am On Mar 11, 2016
we will ge there

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by xreal: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2016
Buhari still needs some time to stabilize.
Re: Poll: Buhari’s Approval Rating Slips by Achorise: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2016
They have clearly seen governance is not easy, they are tasting the bitter pills Jonathan swallowed. where are the change waillers.

Jonathan, though surrounded by thieves, performed.

PMB, though surrounded by saints, yet going down.

27 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu At The Book Launch By State House Media (Photos) / Lai Mohammed & Rotimi Amaechi Inspect NRC Proposed Head Office / Defection: Moghalu Demands Apology From Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.