Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

#FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail (30631 Views)

Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 / Ese's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed In Court Today / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Missonas(f): 10:34am On Mar 11, 2016
I dont understand how some people can just voice their warped opinion out all in the name of sounding different. This dude took an underage girl from her parents home to his base. He did not pick her from the streets.

Even if they eloped or where lovers and so do what lovers do that Yunusa dude should be responsible for her. Responsibility here means before and after his actions. His actions speaks against him! No matter the premises what is wrong is wrong!!

4 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by softvio(m): 10:36am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Did u not see the part where I said he is guilty of statutory rape or u just feel like blabbing to soothe your ego. Smh

dude, lower your sentiments first, stop twisting a "wrong" to be "right-wrong". Down, in your rational thinking you know this is wrong. Answer this, how will you react if this happens to your daughter?
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by decasey(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Look young man, I don't like folks who throw insults at any random cognomen on faceless fora. You would have still pass your own opinion without name callings.

That been said. No court of any jurisdiction have found yunusa guilty of the baseless accusations he was been accused of. What I and everybody have been reading online and offline is how yunusa the Muslim boy from the north "kidnapped/abducted" the innocent young christian bayelsa girl called ese from the south. Then I asked you, if this is not disrespect to yunusa's person then what is it? Yunusa has outrightly said he never abducted ESE rather she was the one that willingly followed him to kano. The girl is 14 as you all want everybody to believe. Then why are you not calling for the heads of ese's parents who failed to tell their 14yrs old child that it is very wrong to elope with boys to wherever?

Look young man, nobody is a fool and nobody believed the facade that ese's mother told journalists. Like I outrightly said. If you guys think nobody will stand up and speak/fight for yunusa, then you guys must be joking
if dis is how u defend an evil act ' may it happend 2 ur daughters who r bellow 14 n 13 ys. Or ur relation.

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Pillyportions(f): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2016
BigElEddy:
Well, everybody deserve to have an opinion.

All of you cursing Nigeria because of this are just very ignorant.

An average American that is even unemployed will always say "God bless America" no matter what.

But a very comfortable Nigeria will be saying "yeye country", "nonsense country", etc

Didn't Ted Bundy and all those serial killers in America had awyers and supporters?

You people are Nigerias real problem and not politiciians

And yet you folks are the most religious morons who keep talking about how powerful the tongue is.

With the number of courses and bad wishes Nigeria recieves a day from Nigerians, it is easy to know why most things are going wrong.
u just nailed it. We are our problem.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Tbamo(m): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Look young man, I don't like folks who throw insults at any random cognomen on faceless fora. You would have still pass your own opinion without name callings.

That been said. No court of any jurisdiction have found yunusa guilty of the baseless accusations he was been accused of. What I and everybody have been reading online and offline is how yunusa the Muslim boy from the north "kidnapped/abducted" the innocent young christian bayelsa girl called ese from the south. Then I asked you, if this is not disrespect to yunusa's person then what is it? Yunusa has outrightly said he never abducted ESE rather she was the one that willingly followed him to kano. The girl is 14 as you all want everybody to believe. Then why are you not calling for the heads of ese's parents who failed to tell their 14yrs old child that it is very wrong to elope with boys to wherever?

Look young man, nobody is a fool and nobody believed the facade that ese's mother told journalists. Like I outrightly said. If you guys think nobody will stand up and speak/fight for yunusa, then you guys must be joking

I'm not sure you have heard of the term grooming! Google it! That's what Adam Johnson of Sunderland is being arraigned for! it is when an adult entices a minor for romantic and sexual purposes! for ur Information it was part of the child act just passed by the GEJ govt abt Two yrs ago!

by Nigerian law a 14 year old cannot elope with anybody older than 18 yrs! and from the pics I have seen that guy looks like he's in his 30s!

marriage cannot also take place in nigeria until a child reaches the age of 18!

it's funny and barbaric to support suc acts! t northern elite sponsoring this fellows lawyers have their kids in European universities while they help the poor remain backward!

eve from a medical perspective that girl is now at risk of a lifetime debilitating condition VVF!

3 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Badgers14: 10:49am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Yunusa is innocent of the allegations he has been accused of, and this will always be my stand. Just because yunusa doesn't have access or money to a good lawyer doesn't mean he should be treated with disrespect. A girl of 14yrs WILLINGLY eloped with her lover from bayelsa to kano, and all of a sudden everybody is calling for yunusa's head.

It is today in Nigeria that girls of different ages elope with random men to whatever destination? I urge kano elites to get a very good lawyer for yunusa who will battle it out in court with ese's lawyer, her parents and the government of bayelsa state. Ese's parents especially the mother are very wayward. They failed to train their daughter and instead they are looking for young yunusa to blame for their failure. Anybody that heard the narrative of ese's mother will definitely know the woman is hiding the true picture of her daughter's story.

I just saw Audu bukarti's( i happen to know the good man personally) name as one of yunusa's representative in court. Fortunately the man is highly intelligent and I trust what he can do. After all is said and done, I will urge bukarti to file a defamatory case against ese's parents because they have already defamed yunusa's character.

Typing in red doesn't make you words intelligent....

Ese is underage age and i would suggest Sharia marshals to lash Yunsua some strokes before the trials begin just to help his brains reconnect with his conscience grin grin

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by opribo(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2016
When we said this case is settled before it even opened they didn't believe. How did a SAN appear for a keke driver with 4 lawyers who is paying the bill.You can only fool some people sometimes you can't fool all the people every time.

The whole going to court is to make it look like the backers were not in support but trust me the guy is never going to no jail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by ndcide(m): 10:50am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:

Look my friend, this ese/yunusa saga won't have regenerated to this point if reasonable people and junk mainstream media houses didn't bring politics, ethnicity and religion into it. Fortunately they have succeeded in making this two lovebirds story into a politically motivated story, that is; south versus north and Muslims versus Christians. And no matter what anybody will say or think, this is how this case will be viewed by majority of the populace.

A pastor recently abducted three school girls(all where minors), nobody knows whether he has carnally known them and nobody seems to care. We didn't hear people call for the pastors head as we heard every jack and Jill calling for yunusa's head. And why is this so?

At your second paragraph, may I also remind you that yunusa is an 18 years old teenager who is ignorance (though the law said ignorance is never an excuse) of the law that is not even properly defined? Yunusa didn't murder anybody. His actions and inactions were all base on negligence.

The girl in question is even 17yrs. Yes ESE is rightfully 17yrs old because she said it herself. No clarity is needed here whether with her original birth certificate or anything else. She "might have actually told yunusa that she is 17yrs before they eventually elope together

You are just being a clown. Do you in your life believe this crap you wrote? Can you put your life on the line for this thing you just wrote as the truth?
You, Yinusa, the attention seeking lawyers and those behind them can beg for leniency and not this nonsense you are writing. Yinusa is 18 years indeed...... How will people not politicize and ethnicize it when you people are openly telling lies and increasing the age of the little girl for silly reasons. If we must have a sane society, Yinusa and the big men behind him must face the law and the consequences of their action. Period!!

2 Likes

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by cybriz82(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2016
Oga ade abeg shift ur gramma go 1 side jur...by der fruit we shall knw dem.and I wish smae tin happen to ur daughter.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Forwetinnah: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2016
To people like fiizznation...this is love. Very Warped thinking

A fresh controversy has broken out in Zaria, Kaduna State, over alleged ‘abduction’ of a ’15- year old’ school girl, Ifeoma Nicodemus.
Her teacher father, Nicodemus Odugusi, said she was ‘abducted’ on September 14, 2014, when she was 14 and had since been held against her will for the past 18 months by one Shehu Abdullahi, who runs an Islamic school in the Samaru area of Zaria.
But the police denied Ifeoma was abducted, saying her parents were merely twisting the story.
Mr. Abdullahi too said he did not abduct or marry Ifeoma, saying he was merely keeping custody of her based on the order of a court.
Ifeoma also told PREMIUM TIMES that she was never abducted by anyone, describing Mr. Abdullahi as a father figure to her.
Ifeoma is from Ebonyi State in South-East Nigeria, but her parents are resident in Zaria, and at the time of her alleged abduction, was a student of Total Child Bible Secondary School in Samaru, Zaria.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on telephone from Zaria, human rights lawyer, Ezekiel Dyagas, said Ifeoma has been held against her will for the past 18 months in the home of Mr. Abdullahi.

He said that when the girl was traced to the home of the Islamic teacher by her family, Mr. Abdullahi simply told them he had duly married the 14-year-old after converting her to Islam.
But Mr. Abdullahi denied ever making any such remark, saying he was already married and could not have claimed to have taking Ifeoma as wife.
In a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, Ifeoma’s father, Mr. Odugusi, said he had been in agony since his daughter was taken away from him.
Mr. Nicodemus, a schoolteacher, lamented that the most painful part of it all was “that he knows where his daughter is being kept but is powerless against the forces that are holding her hostage”.
Narrating his ordeal, Mr. Odugusi said on September 14, 2014 when his daughter did not return home, he searched everywhere for her.
He said the following day, September 15, 2014, he received a call from a school in Zaria informing him that his missing daughter was with them; that she had converted to Islam and was now married to Mr. Abdullahi.
The embattled father said for the last 18 months, he had been engaged in a lone fight with Mr. Abdullahi who he said mocked every attempt to free Ifeoma from his captive.
Mr. Nicodemus said Ifeoma was in SS2 at the time of her alleged abduction, and that he reported the matter to the Samaru Police Station in Zaria and subsequently got a lawyer to file a case of abduction in court.
“I am a schoolteacher, so you can imagine my pains at watching another man truncates your child’s education,” Mr. Nicodemus said. “I have been to the Police; I have been to the Court and all the court said fell on deaf ears as far as Alhaji Shehu Abdullahi is concerned.”
The lawyer, Mr. Dyagas, said he suspected conspiracy in Ifeoma’s case, saying he had since found that the proceedings of the case against Mr. Abdullahi was not recorded.
But in his reaction, Mr. Abdullahi said it was Ifeoma herself who approached a Sharia court asking to be converted to Islam.
He said following her conversion, the court ordered him to keep custody of her after she stubbornly refused to return to her parents.
He said the police was called in to persuade her to return to her parents, but she refused especially after her father threatened that she would not be allowed to practice Islam in his home.
“We even engage people close to her family to persuade her to return to her parents, but stood her ground. So I pleaded with her parent to be patient while we continue to try to reconcile her with them.

“I was the one who called the attention of her parent, and asked them to come and take her home, but she refused to follow them.”
The Divisional Police Officer in charge of Samaru, where the case was first reported, said the problem was not with Mr. Abdullahi, but with Ifeoma.
“She converted herself to Islam, and then refused to return home,” the DPO, who refused to give his name, said. “We intervened here, the commissioner of police intervened, and three times she ran away from her parents. The court then handed her over to Mallam Shehu and co. for custody.
“One day, we brought her to the station, and asked her parents to take her away. She refused. She said she preferred to be detained in our station rather than go home with her parents. We couldn’t keep her in the station because if she disappears, the commissioner of police will hold us responsible.
Ifeoma corroborated the police’s version of the matter, insisting that she was not abducted.
Her parents said she is 15, but Ifeoma claimed she is almost 19.
“I’m married now, not to Mallam Shehu but to someone else,” she said. “My parents are aware, and my sister recently came to my house. I just don’t wan’t to go home because I can’t live with my parent anymore.”
She warned a PREMIUM TIMES reporter not to refer to her as Ifeoma anymore.
“My name now is Aisha, and that’s what you should call me,” she said
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2016
BigElEddy:

I'm not supporting the dude but at 14 if you don't know what's right or wrong then you are a complete idiot. Have you ever met someone who's 14 before? That's someone probably in senior secondary class. So stop saying things like 14 year olds don't have brains inside their heads. Even 8 year olds in this very exposed generation we live in knows better.

You miss the point. The Nigerian law classifies a 14-year old as a minor. Before the law it does not matter whether or not the girl willingly eloped with Yellow or not. Yellow should have known that his actions are against the law. He can claim ignorance of the law but that is not an excuse before the law. In any case the matter is before the court, let the court decide.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by luggy(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I like the points you made,and I think that there is more to the story.

Having said that, the laws of this country tend to look unfavourably on the ''defilement of minors''.Ese may have eloped with Yunusa.....but that does not mean that they should be having relations.....especially since Yunusa is clearly above 18 years.

I don't buy into the ''Northerners abducting Soututhern girls'' conspiracy......but that does not make Ese getting pregnant for her lover right.
useless northern Muslim, useless BUHARI, useless Nigeria
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by nafiachi(m): 11:16am On Mar 11, 2016
There is nothing as disappointing as the actions of our media outlets online and offline on this Yunusa and Ese's case!
I believe the young boy has been unfairly treated in this case. He's side of the story was never looked at, even when the sharia courts had faulted his actions based on Islamic teaching, our media houses ignored those aspects and made it look as if Ese was in chains, facts are emerging now that she was treated well while she was with yunusa, I hope the real truth about this case would be revealed sooner than later, and if yellow is found wanting he should face the consequences, and if some of the charges levelled against him is false those behind it shouldn't go unpunished.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by innuit: 11:38am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:
Yunusa is innocent of the allegations he has been accused of, and this will always be my stand. Just because yunusa doesn't have access or money to a good lawyer doesn't mean he should be treated with disrespect. A girl of 14yrs WILLINGLY eloped with her lover from bayelsa to kano, and all of a sudden everybody is calling for yunusa's head.

It is today in Nigeria that girls of different ages elope with random men to whatever destination? I urge kano elites to get a very good lawyer for yunusa who will battle it out in court with ese's lawyer, her parents and the government of bayelsa state. Ese's parents especially the mother are very wayward. They failed to train their daughter and instead they are looking for young yunusa to blame for their failure. Anybody that heard the narrative of ese's mother will definitely know the woman is hiding the true picture of her daughter's story.

I just saw Audu bukarti's( i happen to know the good man personally) name as one of yunusa's representative in court. Fortunately the man is highly intelligent and I trust what he can do. After all is said and done, I will urge bukarti to file a defamatory case against ese's parents because they have already defamed yunusa's character.

You missed the point by about a mile. It doesn't matter if Ese "eloped" with him. It doesn't matter if they have been lovers and Ese begged him to take her to Kano. A charge of abduction is established when the prosecution proves that the victim is under the age of 16/18 (depending on the section of the criminal code he is charged) at the time she was abducted and her parents or guardian did not give their consent to the accused to take the victim.

Here are some sections of the Criminal Code on abduction for your information.

362. Any person who unlawfully takes an unmarried girl under the age of sixteen years out of the custody or protection of her father or mother or other person having the lawful care or charge of her, and against the will of such father or mother or other person, is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for two years.

225. Any person who, with intent that an unmarried girl under the age of eighteen years may be unlawfully carnally known by any man, whether a particular man or not, takes her or causes her to be taken out of the custody or protection of her father or mother, or other person having the lawful care or charge of her, and against the will of such father or mother or other person, is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for two years.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2016
luggy:
useless northern Muslim, useless BUHARI, useless Nigeria

I am not a muslim,not particularly pro APC,and Nigeria is a great, though flawed country.

Take your hate elsewhere.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by iwatchandlisten(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:

She was 13 YEARS OLD last year when she was taken away. How do know she WILLINGLY went with 25-year old Yunusa to stop going to school and marry?...and then in Kano marriage was organised for them WITHOUT her PARENTS being informed, talkless giving her out in marriage? Dont you think all the people and institutions that approved and organised that sham of a marriage should be sanctioned? How some people are trying very hard to change the Ese Eruru saga narative is quite baffling. Compare this Ese matter to the ADAM JOHNSON case in UK. Make we try love Nigeria abeg and leave all these ethnic colourations to our views on anything that happens. BAD thing na BAD thing.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 11:47am On Mar 11, 2016
glossy6:

And what did you notice while serving in the region?
SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU KNOW THE TONGUE SO WELL..
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 11, 2016
daretodiffer:

A 14 years old is old enough to distinguish right from wrong. Whatever happened between Yunusa and Ese happens every day in Nigeria so do not make this a religious/tribal affair.

Do you actually mean to say a 14 year old girl of Ese's calibre can take a decision as life changing as marriage to the point that she decided to escape with her lover without her parents' knowledge and consent?

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2016
daretodiffer:

What If the practice is the norm and there are no reasonable way of finding out that the defendant knew what he did was illegal?

Ignorance of  the law is not an excuse, ignoratia juris non excusat.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by innuit: 11:57am On Mar 11, 2016
blackpanda:
I dont think they shld prosecute this guy. To me, this is just teenage love gone wrong. Except they can prove that Yunusa abducted her and forced her into marriage.

From the stories on social media, it almost seems as if they girl followed him on her own. Girls at that age are vulnerable. And even the Yunusa is just 18. Both of them dont knw anything

The prosecution doesn't need to prove that he forced her. They only need to prove that she was 13 at the time he took her away and that her parents did not give their consent. Under the law a girl under the age of 18 cannot give consent to either marry or elope with a man. The consent of the parents or lawful guardian must be obtained to take a underage girl from the custody of her parents or legal guardian. Even if the girl claims to have willingly followed the accused, he is still guilty of abduction.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2016
tolusan:

Ignorance of  the law is not an excuse, ignoratia juris non excusat.

I agree but it should be an excuse where the state has failed Yunusa and Ese, and where this practice is the norm.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2016
daretodiffer:

I agree but it should be an excuse where the state has failed Yunusa and Ese, and where this practice is the norm.

I agree that the practice of child marriage is common, especially, and sadly so, in the north of Nigeria. I however do not agree that, that is the norm. It is the majority of us that determine what the norm is and as far as I know, this practice is only prevalent in the north, hence, we cannot judge all of us by the reprehensible conduct of some of us.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by dragunov: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:

So if you have a 14year old daughter who disappeared from home and was later found, and she tells you that a young man took her, in your educated mind you will not hold the young man responsible since he did not seek your consent before taking your daughter away. Abi? I see hypocrisy and sectional solidarity.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2016
tolusan:

I agree that the practice of child marriage is common, especially, and sadly so, in the north of Nigeria. I however do not agree that, that is the norm. It is the majority of us that determine what the norm is and as far as I know, this practice is only prevalent in the north, hence, we cannot judge all of us by the reprehensible conduct of some of us.

Why don't we talk about sexual relations? Child marriage may be common in the north but having consensual sex with a teen is common practice in Nigeria.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by einsteino(m): 12:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:

a teenager eloping with a mature man makes the man guilty of a crime. it is just the same way that an adult having a sexual affair with a minor wether consensual or not, is a crime in countries like U.S. Yunusa allowing her to elope with him and marrying her without her parents consent is barbaric and only acceptable to people capable of such. So are you telling us you can do such?

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
dragunov:
So if you have a 14year old daughter who disappeared from home and was later found, and she tells you that a young man took her, in your educated mind you will not hold the young man responsible since he did not seek your consent before taking your daughter away. Abi? I see hypocrisy and sectional solidarity.

There is this story, it is about a 15 year old girl who refused to go back home. She was from Ilorin and the adult was from the outskirts of Oyo. Her family did everything including threats with juju, pleaded with the man, called a family meeting with his family. She didn't come back home. You see, it wasn't up to the man. It was up to the girl. She did not want to come back home. There was nothing to show that it was he was responsible for her behaviour. They had to dismantle the man's door and bundle her back to Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by fiizznation: 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2016
Forwetinnah:
To people like fiizznation...this is love. Very Warped thinking

A fresh controversy has broken out in Zaria, Kaduna State, over alleged ‘abduction’ of a ’15- year old’ school girl, Ifeoma Nicodemus.
Her teacher father, Nicodemus Odugusi, said she was ‘abducted’ on September 14, 2014, when she was 14 and had since been held against her will for the past 18 months by one Shehu Abdullahi, who runs an Islamic school in the Samaru area of Zaria.
But the police denied Ifeoma was abducted, saying her parents were merely twisting the story.
Mr. Abdullahi too said he did not abduct or marry Ifeoma, saying he was merely keeping custody of her based on the order of a court.
Ifeoma also told PREMIUM TIMES that she was never abducted by anyone, describing Mr. Abdullahi as a father figure to her.
Ifeoma is from Ebonyi State in South-East Nigeria, but her parents are resident in Zaria, and at the time of her alleged abduction, was a student of Total Child Bible Secondary School in Samaru, Zaria.
Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on telephone from Zaria, human rights lawyer, Ezekiel Dyagas, said Ifeoma has been held against her will for the past 18 months in the home of Mr. Abdullahi.

He said that when the girl was traced to the home of the Islamic teacher by her family, Mr. Abdullahi simply told them he had duly married the 14-year-old after converting her to Islam.
But Mr. Abdullahi denied ever making any such remark, saying he was already married and could not have claimed to have taking Ifeoma as wife.
In a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, Ifeoma’s father, Mr. Odugusi, said he had been in agony since his daughter was taken away from him.
Mr. Nicodemus, a schoolteacher, lamented that the most painful part of it all was “that he knows where his daughter is being kept but is powerless against the forces that are holding her hostage”.
Narrating his ordeal, Mr. Odugusi said on September 14, 2014 when his daughter did not return home, he searched everywhere for her.
He said the following day, September 15, 2014, he received a call from a school in Zaria informing him that his missing daughter was with them; that she had converted to Islam and was now married to Mr. Abdullahi.
The embattled father said for the last 18 months, he had been engaged in a lone fight with Mr. Abdullahi who he said mocked every attempt to free Ifeoma from his captive.
Mr. Nicodemus said Ifeoma was in SS2 at the time of her alleged abduction, and that he reported the matter to the Samaru Police Station in Zaria and subsequently got a lawyer to file a case of abduction in court.
“I am a schoolteacher, so you can imagine my pains at watching another man truncates your child’s education,” Mr. Nicodemus said. “I have been to the Police; I have been to the Court and all the court said fell on deaf ears as far as Alhaji Shehu Abdullahi is concerned.”
The lawyer, Mr. Dyagas, said he suspected conspiracy in Ifeoma’s case, saying he had since found that the proceedings of the case against Mr. Abdullahi was not recorded.
But in his reaction, Mr. Abdullahi said it was Ifeoma herself who approached a Sharia court asking to be converted to Islam.
He said following her conversion, the court ordered him to keep custody of her after she stubbornly refused to return to her parents.
He said the police was called in to persuade her to return to her parents, but she refused especially after her father threatened that she would not be allowed to practice Islam in his home.
“We even engage people close to her family to persuade her to return to her parents, but stood her ground. So I pleaded with her parent to be patient while we continue to try to reconcile her with them.

“I was the one who called the attention of her parent, and asked them to come and take her home, but she refused to follow them.”
The Divisional Police Officer in charge of Samaru, where the case was first reported, said the problem was not with Mr. Abdullahi, but with Ifeoma.
“She converted herself to Islam, and then refused to return home,” the DPO, who refused to give his name, said. “We intervened here, the commissioner of police intervened, and three times she ran away from her parents. The court then handed her over to Mallam Shehu and co. for custody.
“One day, we brought her to the station, and asked her parents to take her away. She refused. She said she preferred to be detained in our station rather than go home with her parents. We couldn’t keep her in the station because if she disappears, the commissioner of police will hold us responsible.
Ifeoma corroborated the police’s version of the matter, insisting that she was not abducted.
Her parents said she is 15, but Ifeoma claimed she is almost 19.
“I’m married now, not to Mallam Shehu but to someone else,” she said. “My parents are aware, and my sister recently came to my house. I just don’t wan’t to go home because I can’t live with my parent anymore.”
She warned a PREMIUM TIMES reporter not to refer to her as Ifeoma anymore.
“My name now is Aisha, and that’s what you should call me,” she said
You missed the point here my friend, obviously you are ignorant of the laws of Islam and the way of life of an average northerner. I can cite many cases of christian girls from the south converting to Islam.

Now Islam as a religion has already made it absolutely clear that there is no composure in religion. No one will force to you to accept Islam if you don't want to. And at same time no Muslim has any power to reject somebody that wants to identity himself/herself with Islam. If you were very conversant with the north and Islam per say, you would have observed that many young Christian girls and boys convert to Muslims in their hundreds during Ramadan period. Some of these conversions are sometimes carried on local TVs's tabsir.

You see in this scenario, nobody usually forced anybody to convert to Islam but people willingly choose to become Muslims. Islam believes that once a child has reach his/her puberty age, then that child is no longer just a kid.

I feel sad as people misunderstood my stand here, I didn't say yunusa is right neither did I vilify yunusa here. All I'm saying here is; the true picture of this saga should be told to the public. And i think we may likely get to the root of the true story with bukarti's involvement. Yunusa might be innocent or guilty at the end of day, but people shouldn't have brought politics, religion and tribalism in the first place.

The tenets of islam and sharia law are entirely different from our Nigeria laws, and at the end of the day interpretation of these two laws might clash when the time to give the final verdict comes. Don't forget, Yunusa's only crime in bayelsa was ese's "abduction".

I won't like to say anything again because you will never understand me
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by glossy6(f): 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
DrMeroThaEmperor:
SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU KNOW THE TONGUE SO WELL..

Something like that!
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Baboo13(m): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2016
I won't be surprised if some wealthy power blocs in the North hired those lawyers in defence of Yunusa.

They all practice these things except you want to purposely pull the wool over your eyes.
Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by glossy6(f): 12:44pm On Mar 11, 2016
daretodiffer:

Why don't we talk about sexual relations? Child marriage may be common in the north but having consensual sex with a teen is common practice in Nigeria.

So that teenage consensual sex is a common place will make this acceptable abi?

Please dare to differ on a good one. undecided

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by 100Cents: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2016
fiizznation:

How does one have carnal knowledge of a 14 year old ?

Which law supports that ? Describe BIAS.

1 Like

Re: #FreeYunusaYellow: SAN, 4 Lawyers File For Yunusa Yellow's Bail by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2016
glossy6:

So that teenage consensual sex is a common place will make this acceptable abi?

Please dare to differ on a good one. undecided

This issue tells me that teenagers want to have sex. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ijaw Youths Attacked In A Hotel In Bayelsa While Sharing Money. Graphic Photos / Poly Student Loses Left Eye From Robber’s Bullet In Delta (Graphic Pic) / Kidnappers Kill Muhammed Mahmood's Driver, Abduct Him & His Daughter. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.