Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

What Is Nature Exactly? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Nature Exactly? (29592 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
Gen 6: 6

Lol.
grin

You can say that again. grin

A good scripture always comes in handy to some funny things in proper perspective.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:
At least I'm better than deepsight. grin

At least Deepsight makes a good living tossing word salads.
I don't know about you.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah ... Aba boys produce shirts with " Versace " printed on them . So you mean I should stop buying quality products from Versace and then celebrate and promote the fake products made by Aba boys . You should have told me earlier na

SMH..... And there you've it.... Your heritage is Aba made abi..? Your lineage is Aba made abi?

Tufiakwa, see epic Inferiority at its peak...
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 8:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean believing in the true and only God is wrong

And the name of the only true God is what....?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Errmm .... it is a belief . We believe through faith that God created the universe . He assures of his power by the signs and wonders which are evident in our lives as Christians - this validates our faith .

No one saw apes magically transforming into man or dinosaurs into birds . But you believe this happened through "studies" put out as evidence that such did . So the studies adduce reasons to support the theory - this then validates your faith in evolution .

So the belief in God and practices that show our acknowledgement of Him as the creator make up the Christian religion and the belief in evolution and studies that confirm the theory as true make up the "Evolution religion "

Epic nonsense!!!

You utilize a theory to get a result, and if it fails you discard it. Where does faith come in.

See what your babble has done to your mind...
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

First let me try to explain the word Infinite. In- means the opposite. Finite means having a boundary, a finishing point, an end. It is related also to the word Finish. In-finite means having no finishing point. With infinity no matter how many you count there is always more.
A thought has always got a subject matter. If you're thinking (even you) it is safe to presume that you are thinking about something.
To have infinite thoughts means that there are infinite subjects to think about. It doesn't mean that because it is infinite there is no subject matter.

When you say things like the following you just sound so utterly thick:
Infinite also means impossible to measure or calculate. When I said God's thoughts are infinite, I meant that they are impossible to measure or calculate, because even in eternity, God in His omniscience knew and loved us and felt emotion. Why will you choose to misinterpret my post and try to paint me as thick when you're the one being thick?

If i say 'I'm eating a crane', it will be thick to assume I'm eating the mechanical crane used to lift heavy objects instead of the bird.

This is a misinterpretation on your part, Mr. explaining dictionary.

PastorAIO:
Nope! Emotion is a word in the english language. Language evolved on earth amongst humans for humans to communicate human experience with each other. Emotions refer to specific human experiences which occur within time and are addressed towards objects. I feel the emotion of desire towards a certain other person, I feel happy about a certain other event. That is how the word evolved and how it is used and ever has been used.
You have now feebly attempted to fantasise about some eternal realm where you want to employ these terms to that realm with total disregard of what the word means, total ignorance even of what the words mean and the context in which they have developed and are used.
First, are you sure about the bolded? because I seem to remember you saying this:
Many other organisms are animate and alive and show emotions and awareness and creativity and communication. Many Many many other organisms.

And your logic saying that humans evolved language, and emotion is a human term and should not be used to describe so called fantasical realms is unfortunate. First, you make a lot of unsubstantiated claims. Even then, there are many words, human words, used to describe many things. The words of the bible are human words, and they describe a creator, God, who lives in a real realm, and who is an emotional being.

You can't just wake up one day and classify emotion as a concept that applies only to humans because of what you think and because of human language. lolol. I can't even construct a structured way to show how preposterous that is. What about people who feel Gods love for them?(millions of people btw?) what will you say to them? will you tell them that because humans evolved language and can communicate what they feel as the word 'emotion' then it can only be felt and the word used by humans? smh. grin

PastorAIO:
De-finition. Remember Finite. De-fine is to mark where something ends, what it's limits are, it's boundaries. To claim to Define the Infinite is oxymoronic. Or you can claim to know the boundaries of the Boundless. or surmount the insurmountable. You can do all these things and feel clever with yourself but just know that you are actually portraying yourself as a dimwit.

Full Definition of define
de·finedde·fin·ing
transitive verb
a : to determine or identify the essential qualities or meaning of <whatever defines us as human>
b : to discover and set forth the meaning of (as a word)
c : to create on a computer <define a window> <define a procedure>
a : to fix or mark the limits of : demarcate <rigidly defined property lines>
b : to make distinct, clear, or detailed especially in outline <the issues aren't too well defined>
: characterize, distinguish <you define yourself by the choices you make — Denison University Bulletin>

Source: Merriam-Webster dictionary.
As you can see from the above define has two meanings. So does the word 'date'. It can mean a date with someone, or the fruit.

If i say: 'She has been grinding and eating all her dates for years', a dimwit would interpret that statement as her grinding and eating all the people she has gone on dates with for years.

But I choose not to accept that you portraying yourself as a dimwit. I choose to believe you deliberately read the wrong meaning in an effort to show ingenuity on my part.

So it is possible for me to define, and by define I mean determine the essential quality of or state the nature of and infinite being.

Thank you. Please be sure to check if a word has more meaning than one next time, or at least go for the very apparent, logical meaning instead of the preposterous one.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
grin

You can say that again. grin

A good scripture always comes in handy to some funny things in proper perspective.
Don't bring scripture up, simply because you won't understand it and always quote it out of context when it suits you, then when it is carefully explained by its handlers and used not only to prove you wrong but to shut you up completely you reject it's authority.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by plaetton: 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Don't bring scripture up, simply because you won't understand it and always quote it out of context when it suits you, then when it is carefully explained by its handlers and used not only to prove you wrong but to shut you up completely you reject it's authority.

Lol

I presume that you are one of the elect handlers for scripture?

But why does scripture require handlers?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
plaetton:

Lol

I presume that you are one of the elect handlers for scripture?

But why does scripture require handlers?
any one who is born again is a good handler.

Scriptures need to be rightly divided because charlatans can twist it and deceive many

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joshthefirst:
any one who is born again is a good handler.

Scriptures need to be rightly divided because charlatans can twist it and deceive many

By the evidence presented by all your post. I hereby confirm that ye' is a bonified charlatan....
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.
Gen 6: 6

You know this is a non sequitur right .Even convulsive fanboys who liked the post didnt see it ?

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by JackBizzle: 8:21am On Mar 26, 2016
I am really disappointed that this thread reached 11 pages. I know that many atheists here miss Anony since he is and was the only nairaland christiian that could manage to make logical arguments but SERIOUSLY?

The ploy of this thread is obvious- to ask a meaningless, vague and abstract question with no answers so that the sophist can twist and dodge then smuggle God into the debate.

What is nature?? Why not ask what is the meaning of life? Or ask- where do we come from?

These questions have no concise answer. One can answer this questions for weeks and will still not reach the end.

=============================

Nairaland atheists-

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
JackBizzle:
I am really disappointed that this thread reached 11 pages. I know that many atheists here miss Anony since he is and was the only nairaland christiian that could manage to make logical arguments but SERIOUSLY?

The ploy of this thread is obvious- to ask a meaningless, vague and abstract question with no answers so that the sophist can twist and dodge then smuggle God into the debate.

What is nature?? Why not ask what is the meaning of life? Or ask- where do we come from?

These questions have no concise answer. One can answer this questions for weeks and will still not reach the end.

=============================

Nairaland atheists-

The topic wasn't addressed to any particular people with a common interest or belief . So sharap

cheesy
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
GooseBaba:

Epic nonsense!!!

You utilize a theory to get a result, and if it fails you discard it. Where does faith come in.

See what your babble has done to your mind...

Result ? So you did witness the actual magical transformation of lizard to man
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Result ? So you did witness the actual magical transformation of lizard to man

Ohhh oh!!!! Nna monkey.... You see that I said "theory" not evolution theory... What's wrong with you.?

The demented balls you have... What's excuses do you have for peddling your nothing chilling in nothing, then created something by speaking shocked

Evolution theory does not try to blackmail me, it does not care if I acknowledge it. And I don't have to give two kobo to it. But that demented fowl you call god, should go back to Israel and suvk it's own covk.. Hey! The motherfuvker works in mysterious ways... He even licks his own butt hole... The power of your creator at work... wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by JackBizzle: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The topic wasn't addressed to any particular people with a common interest or belief . So sharap

cheesy

Typical strawman argument.

I never said that the topic was addressed to a particular belief.

The point is that lots of atheists contributed to the topic.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

Typical strawman argument.

I never said that the topic was addressed to a particular belief.

The point is that lots of atheists contributed to the topic.

Simply because since its Mr Anony you guys presumed it was a debate between intelligent design and evolution - God creating nature or not .

Its not about the contribution , its about how valid the points raised were . We Christians raised very powerful and cogent points - making visible the misconceptions you have about God , a creator , and dispelling them .

I have seen comments from the atheists like "eternal self existent " , everything being products of consciousness , misconceptions about Nothing , order from randomness and chaos precluding God's existence etc . And your kind still flounder with the concept "something from nothing " - not surprising at all .

So its been intellectually challenging exercise for your crew - the atheists - which we completely understand . Learning is a process , so we expect that you at the right time would realise how ignorant you've been with the belief that there's no God .

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by JackBizzle: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Simply because since its Mr Anony you guys presumed it was a debate between intelligent design and evolution - God creating nature or not .

Its not about the contribution , its about how valid the points raised were . We Christians raised very powerful and cogent points - making visible the misconceptions you have about God , a creator , and dispelling them .

I have seen comments from the atheists like "eternal self existent " , everything being products of consciousness , misconceptions about Nothing , order from randomness and chaos precluding God's existence etc . And your kind still flounder with the concept "something from nothing " - not surprising at all .

So its been intellectually challenging exercise for your crew - the atheists - which we completely understand . Learning is a process , so we expect that you at the right time would realise how ignorant you've been with the belief that there's no God .

Look at the nonsense you typed. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

Look at the nonsense you typed. undecided

how is it nonsense ... the truth is before you and deny it blatantly undecided
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

how is it nonsense ... the truth is before you and deny it blatantly undecided

And the one and only true God is............?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
GooseBaba:

And the one and only true God is............?

Nwanna imarokwa .. nke a i na-aju m ajuju a ..

Well its the Holy Trinity - Yahweh , Jesus and the Holy Spirit
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by GooseBaba: 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Nwanna imarokwa .. nke a i na-aju m ajuju a ..

Well its the Holy Trinity - Yahweh , Jesus and the Holy Spirit

Interpret that thing you wrote in your ancestoral language...or else your pubes go begin quarrel with you..

Meanwhile, what does the 3 marafuvkers call themselves in your native language..
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Weah96: 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
GooseBaba:

Interpret that thing you wrote in your ancestoral language...or else your pubes go begin quarrel with you..

Meanwhile, what does the 3 marafuvkers call themselves in your native language..

The three stooges can write a book but they cannot speak again. Kingebukasblog uses his big toe and intestines/guts to hear from them, but the message cannot reach NL.

All he knows is to write EVERYTHING like its the solution to the puzzle.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by orisa37: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nature is the whole world and its contents of which we are part but do not really know how. And the moment we know how, we become artificial.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by Policy001(m): 11:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
Joshthefirst:
Unfortunately your question is ill thought out again. How can you apply the reasoning of time to eternity and start yelling about when your understanding fails? Eternity, is not infinite time. In eternity, time itself is absent.

Meaning that in God's eye past, present, and future are irrelevant. He is happening in all.

Existing in eternity, nothing is done to anything to yield definition. There is only Him that exists, with all his attributes and all his thoughts infinite, especially as it pertains to creation.

Let me break it down then since it's difficult for you to grab the concept:

There only needs to be a being, who is infinite. His thoughts, knowledge, infinite. The origin and dissipation of our event, and therefore our space-time, is only a sub-set of his infinite knowledge and presence. Actions, including emotional actions, of past, present, and future are all occupied by his infinite presence, and foreknown by his infinite knowledge.

So when he loves, he knows whom he loves, because he foreknows. But then there's no when in eternity. So he simply loves.

The bible states that he loved us before he created the world.

Do you now see how id.iotic and irrelevant your question is? And do you now see how foolish and zombie-like those cheering you are?

This is quite foolish. You can be intelligent, when there is all events in infinity which you completely occupy to be intelligent about.

Defining God in his infinity is not oxymoronic if he is timeless and changeless.

Once again your bag of air is deflated completely and its content is simply ill/thought out air

Edited.
in fact I feel like clapping for you lol. Eternity and the world are two different thing which I believe they still need to grab

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You know this is a non sequitur right .Even convulsive fanboys who liked the post didnt see it ?

Would you care to explain how it is a non sequitur?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by UyiIredia(m): 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
1. What is Nature exactly? 2. Is Nature intelligent, such that it can deliberately create a complex functional system such as is a living goat? 3. If Nature is not intelligent then how do we explain the existence of goats? 4. If your explanation is that complex functional systems such as are goats came by a series of happy accidents acting upon non-living base elements over a very long period of time, can you cite any similar examples where such a process has been observed? i.e. can you provide with evidence, examples of complex functional systems that came to exist without intelligence? 5. If your explanation is that complex functional systems such as are goats came by intelligent design, can you cite any similar examples where such a process has been observed? i.e. can you provide with evidence, examples of complex functional systems that came to exist with intelligence? 6. If you think that the two explanations are equally plausible i.e. complex functional systems such as is a goat can come about either by a series of accidental co-incidences or by intelligent action, then how do you consistently identify and differentiate between that which has been designed and that which hasn't been designed? Or do you think that it is impossible to make this classification just by observing the product.
A reminder of the questions atheists here aren't answering.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

A reminder of the questions atheists here aren't answering.

I believe that I'm been banded together with the Atheist and I have given my answers.

I've said what I believe Nature to be.

I've said what I believe intelligence to be and that I believe Nature to be intelligent (teleological).

Hence, Nature can create Goats.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by UyiIredia(m): 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
PastorAIO:

I believe that I'm been banded together with the Atheist and I have given my answers.

I've said what I believe Nature to be.

I've said what I believe intelligence to be and that I believe Nature to be intelligent (teleological).

Hence, Nature can create Goats.

You didn't answer d questions so far I can tell. What's d evidence that shows Nature can create goats by itself ?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

You didn't answer d questions so far I can tell. What's d evidence that shows Nature can create goats by itself ?

Goats.

1 Like

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by UyiIredia(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
PastorAIO:

Goats.
And you say you gave answers.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 2:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

And you say you gave answers.

You don't understand. You asked for the evidence that nature can create goats and I said 'goats'.

Look at a goat, any goat, and there before you is the evidence that Nature can create Goats.

Of course you'll object and say that the goat was created not by nature but by God bla bla.

When asked for evidence you cannot come up with anything better than

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Or

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

But at the end of the day the only evidence you have is what is seen around us, namely the product.

Darwin's theory of Evolution is an attempt to explain HOW nature produced Goats.

I have yet to see you or your people lay out a mechanism as to HOW god created this world and all the goats in it.

You asked for evidence that Nature CAN produce Goats. Again I point to a goat. There! That is the evidence that Nature can produce Goats!!!

Perhaps you want to know HOW nature produced the Goat a demonstration of the mechanism.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church / Peter Ebhota Udo Dies Of Hypertension 22 Months After Freedom From Kidnappers / What Sin Would Do To You If You Continue Feeding It As A Christian (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.