Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (83362 Views)

"Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by swagifted(m): 6:28am On Mar 14, 2016
This OP no even sabi package story...d pics are mediocre compared to the headline "modern city"...

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 6:48am On Mar 14, 2016
Why are you always deceiving yourself? LOL

So you decided to snap the only road that leads to government house owerri to show off while greater part of Owerre is a mess.

Keep crying but there is nothing you can do about it because Awka has made Owerri to look like a rural town cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

Look at Orlu Road in Owerri and see how clean it is with lush greenery, covered drainages and sidewalks. Thats just one out of dozens and not even the best in the city.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by TechRez(m): 6:50am On Mar 14, 2016
radiokilla:
Nosa I don catch u.

came to read comments, too much tech ain't good wink
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ojeffo: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2016
Obiano and his media dogs are really good with propaganda...THE WAY THEY CLAIM ROADS AND BUILDING DONE BY PETER IS MIND BOGGLING...without any iota of shame!!...Take for example the Onitsha Mall that was initiated by peter obi...the investor was sourced by obi..the deal was brokered by him and the little percentage of the dtate's contribution was paid by Obi, Cos the project is 90 percent private venture. And yet some Obiano rats will come here to hail obiano as the brain behind the development of the onitsha mall...SHAMELESS.

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ojeffo: 7:35am On Mar 14, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Governors dont do individual projects but there are many factors that contribute to increase in businesses which includes security. Obiano has boosted security in the state unlike before which is attracting investors to the state, more businesses are springing up. there is a glass house where medical equipments are sold behind aroma, op didnt even post that and many others. [b]Peter obi didnt even live in Anambra [/b]so I wonder why you are bringing him to this discuss.
Chineke!!!!...u guys here are sooooo ignorant, i wonder where u are getting ur facts...Peter Obi truout his tenure as governor operated from awka onitsha and agulu...he is nowhere like other governors that live in abuja

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by christopher123(m): 7:37am On Mar 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Look at Orlu Road in Owerri and see how clean it is with lush greenery, covered drainages and sidewalks. Thats just one out of dozens and not even the best in the city.

Oga which road ..is it amakohia, akwakuma or Egbeda or Alvan

Can you tell the world pls ..what about works , orji and uratta

I don't want to go to ideator and amucha axis

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 7:39am On Mar 14, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/

It doesn't make sense to berate anyone who thinks that Awka is beautiful. We don't know where he is coming from. Beauty is in the eyes of a beholder. This could be the first time that the OP has stepped out of his village. So pardon his ignorance.

In my opinion, Awka is a glorified village.

/
If you are not daft you will understand the point I was trying to make, Awka became capital 1991, Awka is one of three major cities in Anambra, Awka is the second city after Onitsha, then Nnewi, If you really know how Awka look few years back and how the previous administrations and the current are putting in their best to upgrade the city not neglecting the commercial and industrial cities Onitsha and Nnewi not minding small allocations coming from FG.

Onitsha pics

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 7:50am On Mar 14, 2016
ojeffo:

Chineke!!!!...u guys here are sooooo ignorant, i wonder where u are getting ur facts...Peter Obi truout his tenure as governor operated from awka onitsha and agulu...he is nowhere like other governors that live in abuja
oh please, peter obi lived in Enugu while he was governor. He came to work everyday from Enugu. Go and ask questions if you dont know
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2016
Nnewi

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 7:59am On Mar 14, 2016
ojeffo:
Obiano and his media dogs are really good with propaganda...THE WAY THEY CLAIM ROADS AND BUILDING DONE BY PETER IS MIND BOGGLING...without any iota of shame!!...Take for example the Onitsha Mall that was initiated by peter obi...the investor was sourced by obi..the deal was brokered by him and the little percentage of the dtate's contribution was paid by Obi, Cos the project is 90 percent private venture. And yet some Obiano rats will come here to hail obiano as the brain behind the development of the onitsha mall...SHAMELESS.
peter obi is the master of propaganda, he ruled the state for 8 years and yet couldn't complete an ordinary mall within that period. Obiano gets 100 percent credit for the onitsha mall because if he decides to abandon the project, nothing will happen. What is the status of Awka and Nnewi malls, why havent they be completed despite obi saying he has made the full payments for the projects. If obiano abandons it, you will cry that he abandoned the project, if he completes it, you will call it obi's project, confused bunch

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by 1kinggy(m): 8:00am On Mar 14, 2016
Chai! You just take pictures waste my MB.
Where is the modern look? Don't settle for less, Anambran deserves better.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Pwayne2016(m): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2016
Abagworo stop measuring Diiick,ibu di onye iberibe?? ur comment makes me sick

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by wildwalker(m): 9:11am On Mar 14, 2016
So individuals using their money to build a house is part of your government development lmbao and stop praising all this fuckers, The money using in building those road is not their salaries for Bleep sake, They are using it for what is meant for and not even using it right

[quote author=AnamCity post=43736207][/quote]
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by danielicon(m): 9:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.
God bless u bro...Willie is veeeerrry slow.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Ferdinandu(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.
Obiano is daily looking more like a fraudster,transforming anambra on the pages of social media,using the money he will use to pay workers to pay Social Media trolls

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Charly68: 10:31am On Mar 14, 2016
O.k now Obiano for president in 2019 . Time to change the changer ! Carry go Mr Governor .I love silent achievers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by mavinc4u(f): 10:34am On Mar 14, 2016
ETHIX:
I stayed in Awka for 2 months and just got back to lagos. I am not impressed by any development you guys are celebrating here. The same road that is not good from onitsha to Awka. OP you just snapped few places that are okay but gave an impression that the road is good.

If that is how you celebrate your development, well it is good for you. To me Enugu and Imo state are far developed than Anambra from several criteria.

The light on the bridge is a misplaced priority. There is no traffic on the bridge where light is installed. There are several places that need government attention but not attended to.

My dear, I don't know where you went or you are not just saying the truth. There are a lot developments going on in Anambra, I was there last 2 weeks though people said everything was done by obi. The only truth in what you said is the onitsha Awka express Road but that road is a federal road. Please check if you visited another state after visiting Anambra because you might be confusing yourself.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jude90(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2016
obi was good and obiano is trying
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by guyla: 11:24am On Mar 14, 2016
Governor Obiano welldone, but please make education your priority, anambra state university school fees is too much, we parents are complaining bitterly

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by aalangel(f): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2016
Sealeddeal:

Please something new is actually happening. Anambra has always been unfortunate with governors since Abulu's administration, as it's cursed. This is liberation.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
I don't blame the person that opened this thread
The State University was complaining of school fees increment and he increased it more just to build awka road and you're here praising him. Not even a single light in whole higher institution. Student have to buy those small generators just to survive and now it's been banned. All political parties are the same with endless promises

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by teufelein(f): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
op, are there plans to create pedestrian areas in all cities in anambra state?
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ehispapa(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
So sad how Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.. anyway I use to be like this until I travel out of that hell hole. Since then I have never stop insulting how backward that country is. Kenya is even far developed than that country not to mention south Africa. Keep deceiving yourselves... there is no place developed in Nigeria.. not even Abuja.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by benboa(m): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
IS IT JUST ME ?? THE WHOLE PICS SEEM TO CENTER ON JUST ONE ROAD undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
ehispapa:
So sad how Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.. anyway I use to be like this until I travel out of that hell hole. Since then I have never stop insulting how backward that country is. Kenya is even far developed than that country not to mention south Africa. Keep deceiving yourselves... there is no place developed in Nigeria.. not even Abuja.

Nigeria is equally developing. Don't use these pictures to judge. Places like Lekki in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Calabar are gradually developing though not yet like their counterparts in developed world. There is hope for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Favor16: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
FKO81:
Awka is the capital of Anambra State, Nigeria with an estimated population of 301,657 As of 2006 Nigerian census,
Strategically, Awka is located midway between two major cities in Northern Igboland, Onitsha and Enugu which has informed its choice as an administrative center for the colonial authorities and today as a base for the Anambra State government. Awka before Obiano's administration was nothing to write home about, now things are changing gradually within two years of his administration, part of efforts to transform Awka as a modern city., In addition to the overhead bridges, Obiano’s government has started the construction of the three arms zone, a five –star hotel, a 5000 sitting capacity conference center and a shopping mall in the capital city. The governor said all the roads to be constructed by his administration would be complemented with street light to improve the skyline of the state capital.

Pictures of Awka before governor Obiano administration
I support the good work of Governor Obiano in anambra state despite his critiques,he is a performing governor.Even though i am PDP supporter but i have been living in onitsha since 2014.My conclusion is more grease to his elbow.

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ojeffo: 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

peter obi is the master of propaganda, he ruled the state for 8 years and yet couldn't complete an ordinary mall within that period. Obiano gets 100 percent credit for the onitsha mall because if he decides to abandon the project, nothing will happen. What is the status of Awka and Nnewi malls, why havent they be completed despite obi saying he has made the full payments for the projects. If obiano abandons it, you will cry that he abandoned the project, if he completes it, you will call it obi's project, confused bunch
Ok bro!...let me educate u b4 u die wt ignorance...the onitsha mall is 90 percent private and 10 percent govt venture....peter has paid the govt part. THE nnewi and awka started off as 100% govt project..peter has paid mobilization...but Obiano couldnt sustain it....now Where is the credit for Obiano..airtel or Glo?...TNK ME WEN IT SINKS IN
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ojeffo: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

oh please, peter obi lived in Enugu while he was governor. He came to work everyday from Enugu. Go and ask questions if you dont know
It is clear u dont live in anambra state...and u dnt know who "GOVERNOR" peter obi is..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by popizaino(m): 11:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Willy is working and he is very meticulous whatever his left undone in anambra is probably because is not aware of them.with hotels ,malls,eatery private and public edifice fly overs sprangin up to give awka a new looks shows an uncommon transformation. Travelling with eastern mass transit from awka via enugu ukwu and other remote towns on a smooth roads to nnewi axis to ekwulumili shows the man is rely working and anambra is developing. Anybody that thinks anambra is not moving is invited west of the Niger bridge.na there u go c frustration.among obiano's achievements that enjoy while in awka was the road from millennium junctions to okpuno which was completed him within a couple of months during my service.the same road was told to be hide outs for thugs and thieves who steal and extort you of your belongings while plying the route on foot.

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Alexander001(m): 12:09am On Mar 15, 2016
FKO81:
New Awka secured and clean
bros nawaoo. the third pix was built by peter obi, that's in front of my secondary school( fstc awka). you just lied
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 16, 2016
FKO81:

The difference is clear like 7up from old and new administrationgrin

Hope you are ready to prove me wrong?

If you are answer this 5,Questions correctly..

What part of Anambea State are you from?

Secondly, can you mention 3 projects H.E. Willie Obiano flagged off and completed since his 2 years in office?

Three, what's holding Local Government Elections in Anambra State?

Four, Sir Victor Umeh said his relationship with Sir Peter Obi went sour because Peter wasn't able to conduct Local Government election, so why is he still with Willie? Is it not the same crime now?

Five, the campaign of calumny going on currently in Anambra State being sponsored by state government, what's stopping the state government to set up committee that would probe Sir Peter Obi's 8 years in office rather than sponsoring campaign against him.

Well, I don't like discussing Anambra politics on nairaland... Check Anambra section! I don't know if its working again...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tony Kabaka At APC Grand Rally Today In Edo (Photos) / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate / Pictures As Tinubu Returns To Nigeria After Undergoing Knee Surgery In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.