Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (83354 Views)

"Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by EasternActivist: 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
prophetfire:
man,I am born and bred in anambra,an indigene of the highest caliber. Right now,I am in anambra. You are just over-excited and exagerating if you are not a paid propaganda machine. That picture put up there about two A shaped like lights are ontop of de aroma flyover and the project is not 100 percent completed yet.still finishing touches.

You've not said anything worth arguing here.
Besides am not paid and if there is anything that I have said is in the contrary kindly draw my attention.
In absence of that, if you don't mind just find your mate and go and play with.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

This is not what I asked u to do.

Just give me one apart from d express.

Least I forget, governors don't go about doing individuals projects (private) for them.

Don't get me wrong, obiano is doing great, I am just particular about d way OP painted it all.

From all the pictures up there, the only new thing done by obiano is that flyover, nothing else.
Governors dont do individual projects but there are many factors that contribute to increase in businesses which includes security. Obiano has boosted security in the state unlike before which is attracting investors to the state, more businesses are springing up. there is a glass house where medical equipments are sold behind aroma, op didnt even post that and many others. Peter obi didnt even live in Anambra so I wonder why you are bringing him to this discuss.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by gretblue: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Much still need to be done in Awka.We are like Oliver T. We will always ask for more even if Awka becomes the New York of Nigeria today.The more Awka develops, the better for the Ndi Igbo and Nigeria at large.One love.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
stunningjudy:

I was tempted to quote u, onitsha-awka is a federal road don't mention that road. Imo is a big Bush governed by a media governor. Have u been to egbema or oguta in imo state? Visit there and you will want to flog Rochas. I schooled in Futo and umuchima-ihiagwa has no access road. Awka's problem is they construct roads and don't make proper provision for pedestrians, then there are no malls their greatest supermarket is at arroma, forgotten the name of that popular super market. Awka is a frustating town though, very boring.

Oguta is too beautiful to be mentioned here please. Nowhere in Anambra State is as beautiful as Oguta. Ask those who have been there. Futo road is bad but thats one among many in all parts of Nigeria including Ifite Awka. This thread is about the best of Awka and not the worst of Awka Shalom.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Roseey0(f): 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
All these roads remain Peter Obi`s legacy of substandard road. Who uses IDC for a major road ? Only Anambra.

Soon n very soon
We will start repair and patch.

As for Obiano. He should only know he has done nothing new except maintaining Obi's legacy.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Governors dont do individual projects but there are many factors that contribute to increase in businesses which includes security. Obiano has boosted security in the state unlike before which is attracting investors to the state, more businesses are springing up. there is a glass house where medical equipments are sold behind aroma, op didnt even post that and many others. Peter obi didnt even live in Anambra so I wonder why you are bringing him to this discuss.

Seriously? Do u know the intentions of that medical equipment store has been conceived b4 building the the house dat housed it?

If obiano had met anambra and awka the way mabdinuju left it, we wouldn't be talking these.

Whatever obiano is doing now is on obi's foundations.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
walkitalki:
do u mean its only dat same road u reposted three times that has transformed awka? if yes then he needs more of such to enable him fit himself among nigerian golden governors which peter obi is a member....
Obiano has in 2 years outperformed peter obis 8 year governance. If obi is among Nigerian golden governors then obiano should be among Nigerian Diamond governors..

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 8:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Roseey0:
All these roads remain Peter Obi`s legacy of substandard road. Who uses IDC for a major road ? Only Anambra.

Soon n very soon
We will start repair and patch.

As for Obiano. He should only know he has done nothing new except maintaining Obi's legacy.

Simple, it is as simple as that, obiano wouldn't have achieved anything if not for peter obi's legacies and foundations.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by buchilino(m): 8:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
Stop forming boss. It will not hurt to accept you don't know the place

Let's not even go their cos na u go tire
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by stunningjudy(f): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Abagworo:

Oguta is too beautiful to be mentioned here please. Nowhere in Anambra State is as beautiful as Oguta. Ask those who have been there.
Hold on...is it oguta that I know or another oguta? What's d state of oguta lake? D golf course? The road from ejemekwuru? Please dont even say oguta is fine. D last time I went to oguta lake, tall grasses had even covered the entrance. How is the road to Egbema? As far as I'm concerned, the summary of imo's beauty is new owerri because of the hotels in town.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ordinary Osumenyi is by far more developed with better infrastructure than Oguta of over 30yrs as a town.

[s]
Abagworo:

Oguta is too beautiful to be mentioned here please. Nowhere in Anambra State is as beautiful as Oguta. Ask those who have been there.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

Seriously? Do u know the intentions of that medical equipment store has been conceived b4 building the the house dat housed it?

If obiano had met anambra and awka the way mabdinuju left it, we wouldn't be talking these.

Whatever obiano is doing now is on obi's foundations.
to me, even mbadinuju even performed better than obi in Awka. Mbadinuju built more estates in Awka than obi and he was governor for just four years. what exactly did obi do? Now you are no more talking construction, you are now talking intention. You are a comedian
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by buchilino(m): 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
Stop forming boss. It will not hurt to accept you don't know the place

Am based in Onitsha, every Friday I travel from Onitsha through obosi, ekwusigo to nnewi 2 buy parts. So I no my route n area around nnewi very well
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jmichlins(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
buchilino:

Am based in Onitsha, every Friday I travel from Onitsha through obosi, ekwusigo to nnewi 2 buy parts. So I no my route n area around nnewi very well
well you seem to be aware of your routes
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kikikikikikikikiki

New Owerri only has cheap brothel but the roads are total mess while the rest of imo state is rotting away due to non government presence.

You said the truth cheesy

stunningjudy:

Hold on...is it oguta that I know or another oguta? What's d state of oguta lake? D golf course? The road from ejemekwuru? Please dont even say oguta is fine. D last time I went to oguta lake, tall grasses had even covered the entrance. How is the road to Egbema? As far as I'm concerned, the summary of imo's beauty is new owerri because of the hotels in town.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
stunningjudy:

You don't know Oguta. Ejemekwuru is a town in Oguta LGA but not Oguta. Oguta is a gift to Igboland and y'all should appreciate that. Nature made everything beautiful and we the people are well read, organised and successful.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by buchilino(m): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
well you seem to be aware of your routes

Some will come 2 did forum n claim anambra. Just wanted no if ur truly from anambra

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by HomeOfMe(f): 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
There's a huge improvement now compared to 20yrs ago when I visited. A whole lot needs to be done. I know Rome wasn't built in a day,but wecan do better especially in the area of open drainage-they fail to realise that open drainages breed mosquitoes,why cant we cover them? This would reduce mosquitoes a great deal.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
HomeOfMe:
There's a huge improvement now compared to 20yrs ago when I visited. A whole lot needs to be done. I know Rome wasn't built in a day,but wecan do better especially in the area of open drainage-they fail to realise that open drainages breed mosquitoes,why cant we cover them? This would reduce mosquitoes a great deal.
I love you post wink
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
Imolites are generally poor people and equally less educated if not show us the equivalent of this giant in the whole of your state.

Anambra the light of the entire black race cheesy

Abagworo:

You don't know Oguta. Ejemekwuru is a town in Oguta LGA but not Oguta. Oguta is a gift to Igboland and y'all should appreciate that. Nature made everything beautiful and we the people are well read, organised and successful.

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

to me, even mbadinuju even performed better than obi in Awka. Mbadinuju built more estates in Awka than obi and he was governor for just four years. what exactly did obi do? Now you are no more talking construction, you are now talking intention. You are a comedian

U re just funny, that mbadinuje performed better than obi?

What estate did build? Mention them.

He flagged it of and private sectors took over.
I bet udoka was mbadinuju's, was ngozika? Was iyiagu? Was udoamaka? Was face 3? Let's leave onitsha axis out for now. Let me also leave commissioners qtrs out too.

That anambra has one of the best road networks is because of ngige nd obi, u can attest to the fact that obi did more probably because he stayed longer than ngige.

Take ur time, tour anambra state, should we mention education sectors, peter started the ideas of bringing in investors, we talk sabmiller, we talk juhel, we talk another drug manufactring(forgot d name) I can go on.

Obiano is not bad, he is good, but obiano did not just enter anambra and start attracting investors if there were nothing to show them. It has to start with basic amenities. Roads, housing, education and co,security, markets for d investors. Of the 5, obi created 4.

Obiano wouldn't have brought investors with just security and no roads, no housing, no market, no education.

Obiano wouldn't have brought street lights, marked roads, bus stops,traffic lights road signs on an entirely bad roads

Obiano wouldn't have gotten state transport (obiano bus, if all the roads were like Enugu onitsha express.)

Don't forget that what obiano is doing in awka today, by d express, obi did it from head bridge with 16lanes to upper iweka, then from upper iweka down to odumodu junction, it spanned more kilometers dan obiano's. Let's leave osha out, and let's also leave comparison. Obi had 8 yrs, while obiano is still on 2.

What I ve been saying all these while is that obiano wouldn't have achieved more in 2yrs without obi's foundations and legacies.

However, obiano is good, but obi's contributions and foundations can not be under emphasised.

6 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by EasternActivist: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
chigoizie7:

I also commend obiano too. So, after spending billions of state fund to construct roads, and den another person now spends little amount ( just a little percentage of the money spent in building roads) to mark them, but traffic lights, put road signs, it now means the later outshine the former?

What the heck? But Obaino is building flyovers, crossovers and bridges which is capital intensive and even built more roads. Come on that's lame. Do we need to measure the money invested by both?

If obi has been like mabdinuju, that has not been doing roads and all that around anambra as a whole, investors wouldn't have seen anything to entice them.
Obiano, started his awka mall, d same way obi initiated the onitsha mall.

Lol. Ansippa is an obiano initiative to drive in investors if obi didn't do all that, I don't think obiano would have kept quiet. He is a technocrat you can't beat him cheesy in attracting investors.
Obi initiated the Onitsha mall did he put his money in it besides we are talking of Awka so restrict yourself to Awka for now grin no dey run....

Which estate in awka that obiano initiated, that is bigger than the ones in Govt house, face3 estate(back of unizik, by Agu awak if u follow express), the commissioner quaters, Govt house itself, iyiagu, ngozika, udoka, and some other estates behind ngozika and iyiagu. Also the ones towards abakaliki streets.
Which estates is bigger than those I mentioned in awka that obiano initiated

Which one did obi build among them and I will show you two obiano built that is far more bigger than it. embarassed tongue

Peter obi is an all rounder.
I'm not arguing he tried but obiano has outshined him in the all rounder contest.

Please let us stop all these arguments. Obiano is good. Certainly not d way u are painting it.

Everybody has his limitation but obi limitation outweighs his(Obaino)... No doubt

As for police smart cars, if anambra had been like d days of mabdinuju, those police cars will be of no use, because it can not run on those roads.

Same mbadinuju again, you mean chri ngige didn't built good quality roads?
For clarity most of the roads obi built are substandard and of low quality most of them has worn our completely, if not for obiano operation No pothole in Anambra, those money obi used in building those roads would have been a waste.

Whatever obiano is doing now is based on what obi has laid as a foundation.

Not all, but is where I respect obi and ngige.

U cannot put road signs, street lights, trafic lights, marked roads on a none existing roads.

Lol. When obiano was building bridges, flyovers and crossovers what stopped obi from doing so?

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by sleekman(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.
I hate liars like you. I'm from Edo state but residing in Lagos. I was in Anambra state 2months ago and was pleasanlty surprised with what I saw. Politics aside Obiano has transformed that state. So no amount of your lies from the pit of hell can convince me or anyone who has been to Anambra otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
AstraNetwork:
Imolites are generally poor people and equally less educated if not show us the equivalent of this giant in the whole of your state.

Oguta has more than your entire State. Have you heard of Flora Nwapa? Do you know Dr Alban Nwapa? What about Chukwudifu Oputa? Thats just 3 out of hundreds in one small town. No need for this anyway as we are all Igbos but based on what has been shown on thus thread as best of Awka and Obiano you and your cohorts should stop attacking Imo State and Rochas. If Owerri was as ugly as Awka we for no hear word.

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
What is this one yapping? Who is Oputa and Nwapa? Never heard of them. Do you know who is this below? We produce giants and not poor unlettered people like imolites cheesy

[s]
Abagworo:

Oguta has more than your entire State. Have you heard of Flora Nwapa? Do you know Dr Alban Nwapa? What about Chukwudifu Oputa? Thats just 3 out of hundreds in one small town. No need for this anyway as we are all Igbos but based on what has been shown on thus thread as best of Awka and Obiano you and your cohorts should stop attacking Imo State and Rochas. If Owerri was as ugly as Awka we for no hear word.
[/s]

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by bonfany1129(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:

I can remember doing obi days, the streetlight in hinterlands, Ifite rd, government house, authur eze avenue are not functioning obiano made it work again.

Obi didn't built any mall in Awka, obiano is doing that.

There were no smart police cars and surveillance helicopter in awka , obiano provided that.

There were no marked roads and traffic signs with traffic lights in Awka, obiano provided that.

There were no smart bus stops in awka , Obaino provided that.

Awka was like haven to criminality, obiano provided tight security around Awka and environs.

There was no initiatives for greenwood city in Awka, obiano provided that.

There were no much estate in Awka, Obaino is still providing more.

Obiano has bought in more investors in Awka than past administration's 8years.

Though I commend obi But obiano has surpassed him already.
You are so gullible and a chronic liar. Are you with your senses at all or have been blindfolded bg the affinity for defamations. Dude, wake up...you can only deceive non-anambrarians with you putrid lies. Your kind should be flushed out of Anambra State politics because your sycophancy is such that derails development and misleads leaders; singing praises to them even when they poo on your face. You guys should stop the media propaganda. It is disgusting to see pictures of buildings and estates that have been in place before Obiano was called in to contest gubernatorial seat listed as his 2years achievements. Obiano is still light years behind of Peter Obi's 8years achievements. Obi laid the solid foundation Obiano is building upon. Stop the Obiano praises and ginger him to work harder for Anambrarians.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:

What the heck? But Obaino is building flyovers, crossovers and bridges which is capital intensive and even built more roads. Come on that's lame. Do we need to measure the money invested by both?

Lol. Ansippa is an obiano initiative to drive in investors if obi didn't do all that, I don't think obiano would have kept quiet. He is a technocrat you can't beat him cheesy in attracting investors.
Obi initiated the Onitsha mall did he put his money in it besides we are talking of Awka so restrict yourself to Awka for now grin no dey run....

Which one did obi build among them and I will show you two obiano built that is far more bigger than it. embarassed tongue

I'm not arguing he tried but obiano has outshined him in the all rounder contest.

Everybody has his limitation but obi limitation outweighs his... No doubt

For clarity most of the roads obi built are substandard and of low quality most of them has worn our completely, if not of obiano operatiob No pothole in Anambra, those money obi used in building those roads would have been a waste.

Lol. When obiano was building bridges, flyovers and crossovers what stopped obi from doing so?

I give up.

We are talking awka, yes, don't foget awka is not the only place that needs development in anambra. Don't forget that overhead pedestrian bridges started with obi, unizik comes to mind. Don't forget that what obiano is doing in awka express, obi did it all the way from head bridge to odumodu, wider and much more in length too.

All the same, I still give up.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AstraNetwork: 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kikikikikikikikiki

I know how you feel but whether you accept it or not Awka has succeeded in making Owerri appear like a rural town. Awka is more beautiful than rural Owerri but that is the FACT! cheesy

The newest Paris for mostly poor Imolites. LOL

[s]
Abagworo:

[/s]

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by chigoizie7(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:

Everybody has his limitation but obi limitation outweighs his(Obaino)... No doubt

For clarity most of the roads obi built are substandard and of low quality most of them has worn our completely, if not for obiano operation No pothole in Anambra, those money obi used in building those roads would have been a waste.

Since u respect obi nd ngige (past admins) for their foundations on which obiano is standing, I see no basis for this your aguements.

If u re not the op, go back and read what his write up said in d beginning of the thread

1 Like

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by tivta(m): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
It is obvious those saying there is no development in anambra don't know how it was like during the past administration, may God help those sadistic Devils...

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ideynl1: 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
The pictures displayed here as "New Awka" are laughable. What a display of mediocrity and low self-esteem.

The city still looks disorganized and dirty. I was expecting to see something better, now I'm disappointed.

The world will be lagging at us.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AtlanticBreeze: 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
bonfany1129:

You are so gullible and a chronic liar. Are you with your senses at all or have been blindfolded bg the affinity for defamations. Dude, wake up...you can only deceive non-anambrarians with you putrid lies. Your kind should be flushed out of Anambra State politics because your sycophancy is such that derails development and misleads leaders; singing praises to them even when they poo on your face. You guys should stop the media propaganda. It is disgusting to see pictures of buildings and estates that have been in place before Obiano was called in to contest gubernatorial seat listed as his 2years achievements. Obiano is still light years behind of Peter Obi's 8years achievements. Obi laid the solid foundation Obiano is building upon. Stop the Obiano praises and ginger him to work harder for Anambrarians.
YOu sycophants are just bitter obaino has outclassed obi in 8 years? How many of those estates did obi build? Obiano is still light years behind of Peter Obi's 8years achievements? Really? In security? Where obiano rescued Anambra from he crime hotbed it was under obi? Education? Infrastructure? Transportation? How? Obiano has outperformed obi in just 2 years and your wailing can't change this fact! Better get used to it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / Tony Kabaka At APC Grand Rally Today In Edo (Photos) / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.