Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

The Power Of Words - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Power Of Words (1211 Views)

Lady & Guy Engage In "War Of Words" Because He Said He Wants Sex With Her / The Amazing Power Of The Kitchen And The Other Room. / The Power Of A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Words by kolawolepeters(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Men are simple creatures while it is generally known that women are complex creatures and as a result, they do operate at a different wavelength than men especially when it comes to relationships. Aside the sex, other things which includes each view of life is completely different. That is why when you see two people (a man and a woman) having a relationship problem, they sometimes resort to use the phrase 'we are just not compatible'. Little do they know that our compatibility as human lies in our differences.

It is also often said that men are 'optical beings' i.e. they are most times blown away by what they see why women are won over by what they hear. However, both men and women loved hearing sweet words (words that are re-affirming, re-assuring, encouraging, motivating etc.). Like no one wants to be constantly told how 'bad' they are doing, how unfortunate they are or how disapproving their words is.

That said, it is therefore important to note that the usage of words between a man and a woman differs as well. This is true in the sense that men use words to communicate FACTS while women use words to communicate FEELINGS. When women feel strongly, they use 'strong' words. So a man listening to a woman and because he uses words to communicate facts takes what she's saying as facts but in actual sense that's not what she's saying, she knows the fact but only saying what she's feeling at the moment.

That is why you hear a woman say to her man "I know you don't love me". At that moment, a man runs his computer (brain) searching for the next thing to do or say, why? Because he takes that as a fact and he thinks that's the most ridiculous thing to say in this world. He tells her "you are lying, how can you say that? We were discussing together till we slept last night and then this morning I don't love you?. She knows that you love her, it's just that she doesn't feel loved at the moment.

Another scenario: when a man buys his woman a brand new car and after the usual love talks, kisses and all that, the following day she says something like "do you love me at all? I know you don't love me" (feelings). Then the man goes crazy, like WTH! Next thing, he runs to the table, grab the car keys and tell her "see, see this (pointing the car keys to her face) I still don't love you right?" (fact).

What most men fail to realize is that, it's not always about things, money, possessions and what have you, sometimes what a woman need are words of affirmation, reassuring words, like you telling her you love her over and again, I mean, telling her you can jump in front of a moving train for her sake, okay, that was funny.

What am I saying is essence? Most times, a warm hug will say the words more appropriately than gifting her the latest automobile or giving her your ATM card to enable her go on a shopping spree. Also, women want acknowledgement and appreciation. They want more than just the car keys, the kisses, the sex: They want to be appreciated. They want to feel adored - so maybe there are smarter, more attractive or more successful women out there, but to you, she is the bee’s knees. Your esteemed ladylove wants to feel that you are fortunate to have her, that you can’t keep from beaming when you see her or even that she makes your life better for being in it. Feeling your devotion will only encourage her to reciprocate and feel lucky herself for garnering such a good man.

And yes, women want you to listen up.

So the next time she say those 'crazy' words, instead of saying something that will hurt her or you trying to show her some facts, why not use your words to make her feel loved.

http://kolawolepeters..com.ng/2016/03/the-power-of-words.html

3 Likes

Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
kiss
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 13, 2016
Noted
Re: The Power Of Words by falconey(m): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Someone should summarize.
Re: The Power Of Words by kolawolepeters(m): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
falconey:
Someone should summarize.

Nawa oo, you need summary for a post with few paragraphs? You need jixox.
Re: The Power Of Words by Shiifi(m): 5:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
In my own sumary

always lie to a woman
Re: The Power Of Words by Kondomatic(m): 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
You ain't talking about Nigerian women right?
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
kolawolepeters:

For spelling Jesus like that, you are the one who needs him more.
Re: The Power Of Words by Smellymouth: 5:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
OP!! Wetin!!! Na Epistle be this??
Re: The Power Of Words by firstking01(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
cheesy
Re: The Power Of Words by kolawolepeters(m): 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Decker:

For spelling Jesus like that, you are the one who needs him more.
what I meant is actually different from the poo you're insinuating, maintain ur lane alagba..
Re: The Power Of Words by grad2012(f): 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
embarassed E ris too long.
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
kolawolepeters:

what I meant is actually different from the poo you're insinuating, maintain ur lane alagba..

Lol.
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mehn, this thing long o
Re: The Power Of Words by Ptoocool(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
grad2012:
embarassed E ris too long.

KINGinVAHALA2:
Mehn, this thing long o

SMH-ing for una
Re: The Power Of Words by AngelXs: 1:31am On Mar 14, 2016
kolawolepeters:

Abeg park well. Jst say u didn't read it
Re: The Power Of Words by kolawolepeters(m): 7:58am On Mar 14, 2016
AngelXs:
Abeg park well. Jst say u didn't read it
hhahahaha, dude, check who wrote dis, u mumu small sha, no offence..

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Words by AngelXs: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2016
kolawolepeters:

hhahahaha, dude, check who wrote dis, u mumu small sha, no offence..
atal..no tym 4 dat
Re: The Power Of Words by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2016
Kondomatic:
You ain't talking about Nigerian women right?
Exactly, they will turn you to Maga.

(1) (Reply)

AITR: Mention The Celebrity / How To Date By Personality: The 16 Personality Types And Dating / Be The Man Every Woman Dreams To Be With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.