Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled (140629 Views)

I Was Moved To Tears Last Time Saraki, Ekweremadu Went To Court – Wabara / Amaechi Embezzled N3trn As Governor – Rivers Govt / The Security Chief Buhari Almost Sacked - Tell Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by banmee(m): 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
4nobody4every1:
l am afraid l have to agree with your submission, l have traveled to several countries both the rich, not too rich, poor and average, the way citizens of those countries conducts themselves we lack in Nigeria, basic & fundamental things that work in those countries dont work in Nigeria.

l dont know how we all got to the present stage we are in currently, ethnic-ism, bigotry, religious inclinations, corruption, embezzlement, lack of genuine love for one another, greed, nepotism just to mention but a few has crippled the destiny of Nigeria, anytime l think of going to Nigeria on holidays, l am scared to my pants but l feel safer in smaller countries bordering Nigeria like Ghana / Benin Republic and Togo.

Some of my friends will fly from New Zealand / Australia / US & UK to those 3 countries l mentioned, relaxed , their family members will meet them there but they are freaking scared to enter Nigeria, even few who forced themselves to enter Nigeria will be looking at there back always and cant sleep peacefully at night, some will go and sleep in secured estate / hotels just to avoid been robbed or kidnapped, what a country sad

Bros, you get liver ooo. I have vowed never to enter that country again until things change. Especially the way Nigerian think. It is so bad that instead of building my house in Nigeria, I built it in Ghana. I am more comfortable going to Ghana than my country of birth. And how did we get here as a country? I believe that Britain gave us our independence too soon. As a people we lacked the knowledge to manage what they left us and worse is we discovered oil. It was like giving a child access to a machine gun; he'll kill everyone include him/herself. The biggest problem now is Nigerians are so used to the rot that they mostly don't see any problem with their mentality. There is not one single person there who has the right mentality and it's a shame. It's not really their fault. They just don't know a better way because they've never experienced it. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by 4nobody4every1: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
banmee:

Bros, you get liver ooo. I have vowed never to enter that country again until things change. Especially the way Nigerian think. It is so bad that instead of building my house in Nigeria, I built it in Ghana. I am more comfortable going to Ghana than my country of birth. And how did we get here as a country? I believe that Britain gave us our independence too soon. As a people we lacked the knowledge to manage what they left us and worse is we discovered oil. It was like giving a child access to a machine gun; he'll kill everyone include him/herself. The biggest problem now is Nigerians are so used to the rot that they mostly don't see any problem with their mentality. There is not one single person there who has the right mentality and it's a shame. It's not really their fault. They just don't know a better way because they've never experienced it. Smh.

Lol @ the bold and again, you are spot on, l have few properties in lagos plus my personal house but even at that, l visit Nigeria un-announced, in Nigeria during my brief visit l act like James Bond 007, all my movement is coded, l sometimes avoid sleeping in my personal house to avoid drawing attention to myself
Few weeks ago, l was told robbers went to my friends house, despite all the burglary proof, gated fence, they jumped inside his compound, cut one of the windows, opened the doors and told his wife to lay on the ground, his 2 kids where sleeping, they didnt rape the woman but they collected things in the house and left, meanwhile my friend was on night duty, the wife called him that robbers are operating, he left work and start heading back home. A family member called me and narrated the incident to me, l was in shock.

The moral of my story is, Nigeria is not very safe so l dont blame anybody who decides not to visit until the system improves, but when will it improve is the big question

1 Like

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by banmee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
4nobody4every1:

Lol @ the bold and again, you are spot on, l have few properties in lagos plus my personal house but even at that, l visit Nigeria un-announced, in Nigeria during my brief visit l act like James Bond 007, all my movement is coded, l sometimes avoid sleeping in my personal house to avoid drawing attention to myself
Few weeks ago, l was told robbers went to my friends house, despite all the burglary proof, gated fence, they jumped inside his compound, cut one of the windows, opened the doors and told his wife to lay on the ground, his 2 kids where sleeping, they didnt rape the woman but they collected things in the house and left, meanwhile my friend was on night duty, the wife called him that robbers are operating, he left work and start heading back home. A family member called me and narrated the incident to me, l was in shock.

The moral of my story is, Nigeria is not very safe so l dont blame anybody who decides not to visit until the system improves, but when will it improve is the big question

Can you imagine? No one is safe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53am On Jul 08, 2016
banmee:

With the way it's citizens think and conduct business, NO. It's just not possible. There needs to be a fundamental restructuring in the way Nigerians think for it to even think about it being passable as a Nation not to talk of it being great. This is how bad it is; If you bring everybody in America to Nigeria and transport everyone in Nigeria to America, after a while, Nigerians in America will be applying for visas to come back to Nigeria.

We have to start from somewhere and I believe with our prayers and cooperation most of the stolen money will be retrieved.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by banmee(m): 3:01am On Jul 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

We have to start from somewhere and I with our prayers and cooperation most of the stolen money will be retrieved.

It is not about the money. Of what use is the money when it's people have no clue how to spend it?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2016
banmee:

It is not about the money. Of what use is the money when it's people have no clue how to spend it?

Our problem is the lack of contentment and covetousness. Godliness with contentment is great gain. smiley
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by 4nobody4every1: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Our problem is the lack of contentment and covetousness. Godliness with contentment is great gain. smiley
l am not trying to disparage your comment but l have sat down to ask myself, Nigeria has so many churches, mosques and religious centers and yet the country is on auto reverse and godless.

Nigeria pray, does night vigils, anointing services almost weekly and yet we are godless, charity they say begins at home, Nigeria should begin to inculcate good values right from the home front, parents should lead there homes, kids & family by examples, this should spread to the kindergarten, nursery, primary, high school, polytechnics and the University across the land. Our politicians didnt fall from the sky, every human came from a home & family , once we get things sorted out properly from the home front, it will be much easier for churches and other religious centers to carry on with the foundation that has been done from the home front.

Have you bothered to ask yourself that countries that dont emphasize so much on religion like we do in Nigeria are doing fine e.g China . The recent revelation by the EFCC of the current probe of politicians during the Jonathan era is mind boggling, how can one Person embezzle 400 million Naira, 2 billion Naira, 500 million Naira, 1 million dollars in addition with choice properties in Abuja, UK, Dubai, US etc and yet these politicians are either Christians or Muslims (by name even though they may not be practicing the tenets of there faith), they attend churches and go to mosques and yet they steal billions that is enough to provide jobs for graduates, build roads, provide electricity, water and various social amenities etc

Again, like as@ banmee submitted in one of his post, until we have a fundamental restructuring of our thought process, punish crime, allow the rule of law, fairness, equity & justice to prevail, Nigeria might continue to go in endless circle for the next 50 years, the fault is not from God but we Nigerians and someone said God has given us brains to think so we can allow him rest
sad

1 Like

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Jul 11, 2016
applemark:

Foolish people , even Moses struggled and faced adversity, and yet God pulled him thru, so if Buhari is the Moses of our time , don't give two 4uks whether he is Muslim or Christian, I just want him to repair Nigeria.

Nigeria shall be great. smiley
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jul 21, 2016
4nobody4every1:

l am not trying to disparage your comment but l have sat down to ask myself, Nigeria has so many churches, mosques and religious centers and yet the country is on auto reverse and godless.

That is why I say that being religious does not necessarily mean being godly.

4nobody4every1:

Nigeria pray, does night vigils, anointing services almost weekly and yet we are godless, charity they say begins at home, Nigeria should begin to inculcate good values right from the home front, parents should lead there homes, kids & family by examples, this should spread to the kindergarten, nursery, primary, high school, polytechnics and the University across the land. Our politicians didnt fall from the sky, every human came from a home & family , once we get things sorted out properly from the home front, it will be much easier for churches and other religious centers to carry on with the foundation that has been done from the home front.

This is why we need God in our lives. See how we can get started ==> www.needGod.com

4nobody4every1:

Have you bothered to ask yourself that countries that dont emphasize so much on religion like we do in Nigeria are doing fine e.g China . The recent revelation by the EFCC of the current probe of politicians during the Jonathan era is mind boggling, how can one Person embezzle 400 million Naira, 2 billion Naira, 500 million Naira, 1 million dollars in addition with choice properties in Abuja, UK, Dubai, US etc and yet these politicians are either Christians or Muslims (by name even though they may not be practicing the tenets of there faith), they attend churches and go to mosques and yet they steal billions that is enough to provide jobs for graduates, build roads, provide electricity, water and various social amenities etc

Other countries may not be that religious but they are disciplined. The moment we add discipline to our diligence or industry would be the time we will start progressing. The lack of accountability has been the reason politicians find it easy to loot the country blind.

4nobody4every1:

Again, like as@ banmee submitted in one of his post, until we have a fundamental restructuring of our thought process, punish crime, allow the rule of law, fairness, equity & justice to prevail, Nigeria might continue to go in endless circle for the next 50 years, the fault is not from God but we Nigerians and someone said God has given us brains to think so we can allow him rest sad

True. When we truly fear God and become disciplined, diligent and accountable we will do well. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
applemark:

Foolish people , even Moses struggled and faced adversity, and yet God pulled him thru, so if Buhari is the Moses of our time , don't give two 4uks whether he is Muslim or Christian, I just want him to repair Nigeria.

Those who claimed to be Christian were only Christians by name as their performance brought us to where we are now.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
TOPCRUISE:

SOME IDIOTS WILL STILL OPPOSSE THE EFFORTS IF THE EFCC BY SAYING IT IS UNDEMOCRATIC AND DICTATORIAL AND SAY THE EFCC IS A TOOL OF THE GOVERNMENT TO SILENCE THE OPPOSITION. THESE SET IF PEOPLE ARE NOT CONSIDERATE ABOUT THE PLIGHT OF THE ECONOMY.

I wonder if they realise that their greed is the cause of our present financial rigmarole. cool
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
drnelson:

[size=18pt]

6 years of the effectual buffoon and naija is finished economically.

that's what you get when you put ibo people in charge[/size]

I don't think it's about any tribe but the curse of the black man. I believe we still have enough honest Nigerians who have the progress of the nation at heart.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
Flashh:

You are still frustrated? Take a pill.

He needs a chill pill. wink
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by Flashh: 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

He needs a chill pill. wink
He seriously needs it.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ghost447:

Just know that many people are angry at the moment and some are even frustrated with the current hardship. People want immediate solution to this hardship and not talk. The Government should just work and let people see their work instead of deceiving people like you with too much talk. This very afternoon I purchased some office stuffs that usually cost N130, 000 before now, but I paid N189, 000 for same. Every normal and reasonable human being in Nigeria have the right to be angry with the government at the moment.

I empathise with you but don't you see that this is as a result of the looting carried out by the GEJ government?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2016
TOPCRUISE:

The thieves behind will use the amount to purchase properties andluxuries in other countries. THEY WONT SPEND IT IN NIGERIA

Even that is becoming difficult nowadays hence the use of farmlands and "soakaways". shocked
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
teaseryoh:

For 10months now probing probing n we ave nt been told hwmuch ave been recovered n how many peopl ave gone to jail.

That depends on how many they have to probe. cool
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2016
October1960:

Now I understand the MTN fine!

If they won't return out looted funds we must get is somehow. Finally a leadership that represents the long term interests of ordinary Nigerians not the ruling elite and their family that benefit from stolen funds.

But the crooks have vowed to thwart all his efforts to bring justice to this nation. sad
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
spafu:

Make this man arrange our economy, make this hardship and suffering stop. No be cry we go chop.

I believe retrieving stolen money is a step in the right direction towards "arranging our economy". Those politicians must have really emptied the coffers before they vacated power. embarassed
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by spafu(m): 5:17am On Aug 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I believe retrieving stolen money is a step in the right direction towards "arranging our economy". Those politicians must have really emptied the coffers before they vacated power. embarassed
What has alleged stolen money got to do with the skyrocketing prices of everything, loss of jobs etc? Why did those prices went hope when those monies were stolen but did so when being collected back? It doesn't add up abeg.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Flashh:

He seriously needs it.

I believe so. cool
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by Flashh: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I believe so. cool
Na where you go hide before?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Flashh:

Na where you go hide before?

I still dey o, I dey watch from the sidelines. undecided
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by Flashh: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I still dey o, I dey watch from the sidelines. undecided
Happy watching. grinundecided
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2016
Flashh:

Happy watching. grinundecided

It is well. smiley
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
spafu:

What has alleged stolen money got to do with the skyrocketing prices of everything, loss of jobs etc? Why did those prices went hope when those monies were stolen but did so when being collected back? It doesn't add up abeg.

Did you just say "alleged stolen money"? undecided
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2016
danjumakolo:

Nna which.dirty village u for come from?
Didn't you hear.he sacked those that.made the blunder at the accountant general office?
It's very good when smn goes to school.

So you sopot the stealing of over #3.1trillion?
Wonders shall indeed never end.

I wonder. cry
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Aug 06, 2016
joseph1832:

Let them name names... And to think nigerians actually thought Dasuki was the King Pin of thieves beats me.

Would name dropping not prevent others from returning their loots? undecided
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2016
victorazy:

Bros! That thing na crocodile tears. U don't know Buhari is.

Are you saying that he is happy with the state of the country now?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
duchess02:

AMEN A MILLION TIMES,not to only him but also to d odas like him who re wishing Nigeria bad under Buhari administration, d prayer and amen also goes to dem

That is too harsh nau.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
Get the money and pay salaries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / A Confession From A Boko Haram Member Turned Born Again / Asari Dokubo Issues A New Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.