Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin (54942 Views)

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Davidubah8(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
embarassed embarassed undecided undecided ԵհɑԵ 9յɑ ƒօɾ you
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by einsteino(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
back2sender:

You misunderstood my post. I am an Edo man and Oba of Benin has no rival.

oh sorry i thought it was the other guy that replied.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by kuntash: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
genetics111:

Your expression shows your shallow mind . The last time I checked the most friendly tribes in Nigeria is Yoruba. You don't made point by spreading ranchor. Give us Fact. Check your history very well Oduduwa son reign in Bini once. Today the "arole Oduduwa is Ooni. For your information arole means first born.

I agree , the Yorubas are the most friendly people ...

But just leave it there ... that's what u know ..

It's needless arguing over information uploaded by one or more naive persons ,
A better and more scientific way to define the kingdom of Izoduwa(oduduwa) & that of his ancestors (the Ogisos ) , is to test the age of materials found in either palaces ...

The Bini palace spokes person has a pointed to this .... "come and see evidences " ...

They should toll that line ....

However, it would be adequate to state the uniqueness of the Bini kingdom and it's controls spans the east and west of their current location ....
The king of Bini is so different ......

Unfortunately , as a people (Nigeria) as a whole , we don't have the habit of keeping good records , well documented and saved..

4 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
genetics111:
Get life bro don't be Frustrated.
Hehehehe

E pain am

Ewia nomama

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Lol

I laugh at the form of naivety and crude knowledge of you and others who fuel this misinformation and beat drums of strife, one tribe to another.

You do it with the ibos, you do it with the hausas, you do it with the urhobos/itsekiris, and you want to start it with the edos.

I believe your ooni thinks he is wiser than oba sijuade, of blessed memory, that in less than 4months of his reign as ooni of ife, he wants to draw tribal war and ethnic strife.

If it were in the days of the swords and shields, with army of men on foot, with charms and spirituality, your people will be required to come and assert that authority not by spreading false information.

If you haven't heard, ask an edo man what this means

Edoisiagbon

Na wabe ehirue rua

I am curious to know why until 1930s or there about the heads of dead Benin kings were buried in Ife. This is verifiable fact.

4 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by back2sender: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
genetics111:

Get life bro don't be Frustrated.
You when dey ok dey smell for your bodi. Your frustration just dey start as una no get history and respect for una traditions. Una when dey slap una baale and pursue dem from thier land. We Edo are different and have great respect for our traditional institutions
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Lol

I laugh at the form of naivety and crude knowledge of you and others who fuel this misinformation and beat drums of strife, one tribe to another.

You do it with the ibos, you do it with the hausas, you do it with the urhobos/itsekiris, and you want to start it with the edos.

I believe your ooni thinks he is wiser than oba sijuade, of blessed memory, that in less than 4months of his reign as ooni of ife, he wants to draw tribal war and ethnic strife.

If it were in the days of the swords and shields, with army of men on foot, with charms and spirituality, your people will be required to come and assert that authority not by spreading false information.

Edoisiagbon

Na wabe ehirue rua

I am curious to know why until 1930s or there about the heads of dead Benin kings were buried in Ife. This is a verifiable fact. I understand the place is called "orun oba Ado" that is, Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
kuntash:

I agree , the Yorubas are the most friendly people ...

But just leave it there ... that's what u know ..

It's needless arguing over information uploaded by one or more naive persons ,
A better and more scientific way to define the kingdom of Izoduwa(oduduwa) & that of his ancestors (the Ogisos ) , is to test the age of materials found in either palaces ...

The Bini palace spokes person has a pointed to this .... "come and see evidences " ...

They should toll that line ....

However, it would be adequate to state the uniqueness of the Bini kingdom and it's controls spans the east and west of their current location ....
The king of Bini is so different ......

Unfortunately , as a people (Nigeria) as a whole , we don't have the habit of keeping good records , well documented and saved..

Bro, you can never argue with these people. Even with glaring evidences, they wouldn't admit.

An attempt to correct their impression is an excercise in futility.

No one knows the history of a tribe, clan or group more than the tribe itself

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Bini na Yoruba?
Bini is part of Yoruba, their first king, Eweka was the Son of Oranmiyan. Since then all the kings are lineage of Eweka Dynasty.

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Sijo01(f): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
Iyare! Iyare!! Iyareeeeee!!!

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by SycophanticGoat: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Bini is part of Yoruba, their first king, Eweka was the Son of Oranmiyan. Since then all the kings are lineage of Eweka Dynasty.

Ok
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Aigbofa:

I am curious to know why until 1930s or there about the heads of dead Benin kings were buried in Ife. This is a verifiable fact. I understand the place is called "orun oba Ado" that is, Edo.

Don't mind them, the present Dynasty of Benin Kingdom are lineage of Oranmiyan, Oduduwa.
Even my secondary school friend Ehis Irogama do say that Benin people are Sons and daughter of Oduduwa

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
Aigbofa:

Another one has come

You have verifiable facts right?

So if Ado, according to you, means Edo.

What does Ado-Ekiti mean?

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Depot:
Can anything good come from Edo? I don't associate with them because of their way of life. An average Edo man is dubious and idol worshipper. An average Edo woman is a prostitute. Both local and international.
without being told u are a nobody, and poverty will kill you. And you will rot in HELL where all your family members belong. Idiot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by DrHighchief(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
I completely disagree with u.
Depot:
Can anything good come from Edo? I don't associate with them because of their way of life. An average Edo man is dubious and idol worshipper. An average Edo woman is a prostitute. Both local and international.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Btruth: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
back2sender:

Please dont group our oba of Benin as part of una. Stop that nosense and rubbish there.
We reverence our oba of Benin because he carries himself well and cannot be bought over with money or the likes.
I am a proud Edo man any day anytime but i come marry one sweet and great lady from IPOB republic. I dey proud of her but not IPOB
Do you know history at all?
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Brigadier7(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I have worked with and have worked under Edo people.

As far as I am concerned...they are not as you have described them.

A former senior colleague of mine was an edo man.Also well known around the area where we lived as a ''brother indeed!''
I am surprised you even had the time to reply that ignorant being!! Kudos
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Menace2Society(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
alexistaiwo:
what is my concern with all these useless obas. They are only concerned about their pocket. Even myself, am the oba of my little room,
abeg who oba don help?
Next
Sssh.......Don't talk shi.t about the gods lipsrsealed
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Another one has come

You have verifiable facts right?

So if Ado, according to you, means Edo.

What does Ado-Ekiti mean?

Ado Ekiti ko, Ijero Ekiti ni. Edo is pronounced as Ado in Yorubaland.
The pronunciation of "Ado" for Edo is similar to the way you pronounce Edo while "Ado" for Ado Ekiti is pronouced differently, Yoruba speakers would understand.

4 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Davidubah8(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
embarassed embarassed undecided undecided that 9ja for you
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Since you know benin history so well,

Who was Izoduwa or ekaladerhan?
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Brigadier7(m): 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
genetics111:
Good for him . Hope he will join hand with Ooni and Alaafin to move Yoruba and Nigeria Forward. " kabiyesi kaade pe lori ki bata pe less omo Oduduwa Pataki"
can you read at all?? It reads OBA OF BENIN nt Yoruba
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
Congratulations to him. Make his reign be as popular as his ancestors
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by EDUECO(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
A symbol of the great Edo Kingdom!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Aigbofa:

Ado Ekiti ko, Ijero Ekiti ni. Edo if pronounced as Ado in Yorubaland.
Ogie fe mwen oo
And yoruba is pronouced as Eghoin in benin city.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Depot:

I am partly an edo person akoko edo & I can say d people u are painting evil here I.e d benins are d best people I have met in my life. they are loving & see don't see life as if we are taking it to our graves. very cosmopolitan place they even love visitors (other tribes more than their kinsman) tribalism is zero here. most people that perpetrate crime here are d WAZOBIA mostly Yoruba/igbo . I hate to say it but is true. an Edo man do not have time coming online to engage tribal e-wars.

When exam malpractice special center was reigning here, d candidates & principals are mostly native of ondo ekiti ijebu ode & some igbos. they come in luxurious buses & tippers then constituting nuisance & waste to our environment.

If I tell u what I went through in d hands of dis two tribes u will weep like baby. a friend of mine helped secure a job for a Yoruba man in UNIBEN but dat man went behind & spoil d character of his helper before UNIBEN authority (evil allegation ) and the man was sacked & d Yoruba man took his position.

d story is endless. edo people are cool but people think they are cowards or unintelligent . anyways u be noodle generation so waiting u know except swallowing crap & promoting hatred, tribalism, on nairaland which is also a Yoruba forum

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Ogie fe mwen oo

And yoruba is pronouced as Eghoin in benin city.

It doesn't change history.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Binis keep denying their Yoruba ties.
Yet they wont stop bearing Yoruba names and practicing Ifa.
Many Binis understand and speak Yoruba as a second language.

The Binis cannot prove that Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan from Benin. There is no trace of Bini language/tradition in Ife till tomorrow . But we all agree that Oranmiyan founded the current Oba dynasty in Benin. Cant we all just stick with that?

Binis should have been integrated into the Yoruba tribe during the Western region era.No thanks to Awo

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Don't mind them, the present Dynasty of Benin Kingdom are lineage of Oranmiyan, Oduduwa.
Even my secondary school friend Ehis Irogama do say that Benin people are Sons and daughter of Oduduwa

So your secondary school friend ehis iroghama is now a custodian of edo history?

Please ask him to tell you the history of Ekaladerhan ne izoduwa, then come and tell us.

Ihue

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Aigbofa:

It doesn't change history.

Exactly.

Now you understand

Whatever lies you tell yourself about other people history, it doesn't change it.

smiley
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by 4nobody4every1: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Females nko? None dey inside this ya Uselu?
Hian, if l hear...hahahahaha, female ke grin grin
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Brigadier7(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Lol

Edoisiagbon

Na wabe ehirue rua
Asoro and chief Oliha(Chief warrior of Benin Kingdom) will match the whole yoruba kingdom down!!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / 5 Facts You Should Know About The Efik People / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.