Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin (55002 Views)

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Arise01: 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
I dnt think Yoruba need to force dem self on any tribe. They have it all.

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
VirginFinder:

Abi o!

They claim the word Oba is theirs. Then why did the pre-Oranmiyan dynasty kings use Ogiso as their title.

Binis will bear children and give them Yoruba names and know the meaning without having to consult any Yoruba person.

Yorubas will NEVER give such an aberration giving their children Bini names a thought.

Bro, that is why i want us to use our initiative.
They address your kings as Ogiso but we call them Oba. Is just like a Sokoto man addressing their kings as Sultan, a Kano man calling is King an Emir or a Borno man addressing his king as Sheu.

Fine we borrowed the world Oba from you but you never changed before you address them as Ogiso which means King of the sky.
For your Info all Oba Yoruba have titles like Ooni, Alaafin, Alake, Oluwo, Obokun, Awujale and so on.

Anybody can borrow words don't tell me all your Benin words are all originated from Benin.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

You are not being sincere. I answered that Izoduwa means Oduduwa.

Oba Eweka is the son of who again?
The answer is Oranmiyan. Therefore, all your kings from Eweka I to the present Oba are sons of Oranmiyan a Yoruba king.
I rest my case.

Oranmiyan was the son of Ekaladerhan aka Izoduwa (that you people miscontrued to oduduwa) a benin prince that left benin, stemming from a kingship tussle with his uncle.

It is obvious the history you know, started with oranminyan.

So from what I know, I do not conclude to say yoruba race came from a benin prince, because there were dwellers before the arrival of prince ekaladerhan.

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Who is Oduduwa? And who was his father?

Or is he the one your tribe says fell from the sky?

The father of Oduduwa is Lamurudun don't tell me that Lamurudun is a Benin man. Because Lamurudun is from the middle East. That is why historians do say Yorubas are of Arab origin.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Smooyis(m): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
Is it by force to be part of a Kingdom. Please let et the bini people be.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
See how they conveniently swarm a thread that celebrates the culture and tradition of Benin Kingdom, to peddle lies and falsehood.

They do this to igbos, urhobos, itsekiris, and the reason is beyond comprehension.

This alter ego of superiority is nothing but low levels of inferiority coupled with envy. They don't like to see others celebrate.

They call our friends from the east, land grabbers and other fiticious names, when in real sense, that title fits them more in this instance.

You guys adore your tradition and expect respect from others. How can you have it, when you have no form of respect for others.

I love them as friends, but I detest their swollen alter ego.

5 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Bro, let us use our initiative.
You address your kings as Ogiso but we call them Oba. Alaafin, Alake, Oluwo, Obokun, Awujale and so on

You should have known that I was speaking from the Yoruba angle.
Binis claim Oba is a Bini word. What can ever be falser than that?
Some dude started list Obanreti, Obanyaso etc
Whereas, I can list 100 Yoruba derivatives of Oba.

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Arise01:

Meaning Yorubas should edit their own history to satisfy some people?
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

The father of Oduduwa is Lamurudun don't tell me that Lamurudun is a Benin man. Because Lamurudun is from the middle East. That is why historians do say Yorubas are of Arab origin.

See?

When I said you didn't know your true origin, this your comment is proof enough.

Why not spend your time studying your origin and history, I mean the real one, not the one from beer parlor gists.

5 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
VirginFinder:

You should have known that I was speaking from the Yoruba angle. Binis claim Oba is a Bini word. What can ever be falser than that? Some dude started list Obanreti, Obanyaso etc Whereas, I can list 100 Yoruba derivatives of Oba.
Sorry bro, I made a mistake, have modified. Because, that Benin guy has been the one quoting me. Don't mind them, they just like to distort history.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by genetics111: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Arise01:
You misunderstand. we are not forcing any tribe on ours, we are only telling them not to distort history. If by any means they need us more than we need them. The last time I checked nairaland was invented by Oduduwa Son That Schooled in Great Ife _Seun.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by VirginFinder: 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
Why do Binis speak Yoruba naturally and bear Yoruba names?

I need answers!
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by genetics111: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
May God bless Oba of Binin and the rest of Yoruba land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:
See how they conveniently swarm a thread that celebrates the culture and tradition of Benin Kingdom, to peddle lies and falsehood.

They do this to igbos, urhobos, itsekiris, and the reason is beyond comprehension.

This alter ego of superiority is nothing but low levels of inferiority coupled with envy. They don't like to see others celebrate.

They call our friends from the east, land grabbers and other fiticious names, when in real sense, that title fits them more in this instance.

You guys adore your tradition and expect respect from others. How can you have it, when you have no form of respect for others.

I love them as friends, but I detest their swollen alter ego.
We are not land grabbers. We never claimed Urohobo nor Igbo lands. Yorubas had relationship with Itsekiri. Their Oba is address as Olu of Warri, the new king of Warri even said Itsekiri are sons and daughters of Oduduwa.
Yorubas had trades with Urohobo people just like Bini people also traded with them back then. We are not land grabbers and know one is claiming superiority.

The funniest thing is many of us are migrants. Who knows whether your ancestors are from Igbo land or fr the North.
Their is no show of superiority here, all human are equal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 6:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
Btruth:
Imagine? I can't believe people like you don't know that Oba of Benin is one of the sons of Oduduwa. Quote me anywhere, Benin kingdom is an extension of Yoruba. Go back to history and learn more. I have a lot of Benin friends, and most of them have their Yoruba names.

Can you imagine the height of disrespect so laced with hate?

So all benin man and woman bear a yoruba name, as you claim.

Hah, emiavboya

I don't have a yoruba name. Will you please give me one?

3 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by noel76(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
emeijeh:
The dynasty too correct.... The Oba doesn't travel, so no news of his transition Oba gha' to kpe'e

Isee.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

See?

When I said you didn't know your true origin, this your comment is proof enough.

Why not spend your time studying your origin and history, I mean the real one, not the one from beer parlor gists.

Parlour gist it is you that want to distort history.
It is clear that the present Benin Dynasty are Eweka Dynasty. Oba Eweka I is the son of Oranmiyan.
It is cleared don't distort it. Fi le be je ko wa be ko ma lo be.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by genetics111: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

We are not land grabbers. We never claimed Urohobo not Igbo. Yorubas had relationship with Itsekiri. Their Oba is address as Olu of Warri, the new king of Warri even said Itsekiri are sons and daughters of Oduduwa.
Yorubas had trades with Urohobo people just like Bini people also traded with them back then. We are not land grabbers and know one is claiming superiority.

The funniest thing is many of us are migrants. Who knows whether your ancestors are from Igbo land or fr the North.
God bless you Br. May your kind be many. 1 trillion likes for you !!!
I am from Ekiti but my beautiful wife is from Imo State Nkechi by name. I believe we are one no body is claiming Superiority. May God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Why these argument in this thread?
I want to ask a question, if The ancient benin were so powerful, why are they now found in only one state Edo? What exactly happened? They should atleast occupy 4 states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Etinosajay(m): 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

We are not land grabbers. We never claimed Urohobo not Igbo. Yorubas had relationship with Itsekiri. Their Oba is address as Olu of Warri, the new king of Warri even said Itsekiri are sons and daughters of Oduduwa.

Like I said I am cool with your tribal folks, but not their swollen alter ego.

The aim of this thread was to celebrate the crown prince as Edaiken of Uselu.

But now, you and your goons have crowded this place with lies and falsehood which only shows resentment and envy.

You guys do this too many times, with any thread celebrating any other tribe.

I might even suggest nairaland becomes yorubaland.

4 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Like I said I am cool with your tribal folks, but not their swollen alter ego.

The aim of this thread was to celebrate the crown prince as Edaiken of Uselu.

But now, you and your goons have crowded this place with lies and falsehood which only shows resentment and envy.

You guys do this too many times, with any thread celebrating any other tribe.

I might even suggest nairaland becomes yorubaland.
No lies or distortion in history. You gave your own account and I gave mine.
History comes with different account especially if it wasn't written.
That is why Hausa-Fulani, Kanuri histories don't come with different accounts because they are already a literate through Islamic education but we people from the South do have problem with our history before the colonial era because it wasn't written.

May new King live long. Congratulations to the people of Benin and its environs..

1 Like

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nelxxy(m): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hahahhaha. Oh oh oh my my hahahahaha my lungs ooo. When ibos say ikwerre is part of ibo. all of them will be calling ibos land grabber. Now you see there are claiming bini is part of yoruba.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by bokohalal(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
back2sender:

My Sista you dey here. I hail ooo.
Our Oba of Benin knows he carries the Edo nations both far and near on His head hence cannot let His gaurds down. Our Oba speak once and dont talk and laugh any how like we are seeing now. Last i forget he does not travel. I just did a bet of 50k with a colleague that the Oba of Benin will not carry out thank you visits to anyone after the coronation . I know where i come from.
I also tell my colleague we no send any body as we edolites are enough to Witness the coronation
The new Oba can go on tour if he desires. Oba Erediauwa did.
Withdraw from your bet.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by genetics111: 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
nelxxy:
Hahahhaha. Oh oh oh my my hahahahaha my lungs ooo. When ibos say ikwerre is part of ibo. all of them will be calling ibos land grabber. Now you see there are claiming bini is part of yoruba.
Is not a matter of claiming is obvious.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
bokohalal:
The new Oba can go on tour if he desires. Oba Erediauwa did. Withdraw from your bet.
Old age stopped the Oba from travelling far way.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by notoriousbabe: 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
mouth and body odour everywhere i go on naitaland,na wa o
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by monex(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
Aigbofa:

I am curious to know why until 1930s or there about the heads of dead Benin kings were buried in Ife. This is verifiable fact.
VERY FALSE !!!
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by genetics111: 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
Etinosajay:

Can you imagine the height of disrespect so laced with hate?

So all benin man and woman bear a yoruba name, as you claim.

Hah, emiavboya

I don't have a yoruba name. Will you please give me one?
No body can force you Br." oja oyingbo o mo peni Kan o wa" Meaning market is so full that does not recognised your absent.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by nelxxy(m): 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
genetics111:

Is not a matter of claiming is obvious.
you say that is obvious ok o. But ikwerre people speak ibo even answer ibo name eg former governor of rivers. But your kinsman will not agree on that. What you take on that
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Why these argument in this thread?
I want to ask a question, if The ancient benin were so powerful, why are they now found in only one state Edo? What exactly happened? They should atleast occupy 4 states.

The ancient Benin kingdom at its peak expanded to Lagos but lost everything during the Invasion 1897 by the British.
Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by monex(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2016
VirginFinder:
Binis keep denying their Yoruba ties.
Yet they wont stop bearing Yoruba names and practicing Ifa.
Many Binis understand and speak Yoruba as a second language.

The Binis cannot prove that Oduduwa is Ekaladerhan from Benin. There is no trace of Bini language/tradition in Ife till tomorrow . But we all agree that Oranmiyan founded the current Oba dynasty in Benin. Cant we all just stick with that?

Binis should have been integrated into the Yoruba tribe during the Western region era.No thanks to Awo
Untrue !!!

and hope you know that you cannot even prove that oranmiyan existed. these were acient history/myth that were passed by word of mouth. so at least you are smarter than the lots here to know the benin account is different from the yoruba account. so respect their account as they respect yours. None of you can prove your accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Eheneden Erediauwa To Be Crowned Oba Of Benin by Louiscutedude(m): 7:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oba ah topaai isi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / Masquerade Spotted Asking A Lady For Her Phone Number (video) / 5 Facts You Should Know About The Efik People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.