Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation (28760 Views)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Militants & Cultists Surrender Their Weapons To Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) / Amaechi, Wike, Fresh Showdown: A Contest Marked With Blood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by HungerBAD: 5:39am On Mar 16, 2016
•‘Amaechi ran failed, dizzyingly-corrupt govt’

Minister of Transportation and former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has accused Governor Nyesom Wike of hiding wanted militants and cultists in the Government House.

Amaechi spoke yesterday on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme. He alleged that the 23 caretaker committee chairmen were known militants.

The former governor, who said his relationship with Wike, his Chief of Staff between 2007 and 2011, became sour because of violence and corruption by his successor, predicted that Saturday’s legislative rerun would be peaceful in view of the assurances given by security agencies.

His words: “Wike is protecting killers; all his caretaker chairmen are known militants. The police recovered arms and ammunition from the home of Soboma Jackrich (chairman of Asari-Toru Council) and Jackrich is now living in the Government House.

“Wike must stop supporting violence by not encouraging the criminals, especially cultists and militants. Wike must allow persons who break the law to be punished. My relationship with Wike became sour, as my Chief of Staff, because of his violence and corruption.

“If a governor wines and dines with cultists and militants, he will embolden the criminals. As Rivers governor, I never sat down with cultists and militants. I did not support the Federal Government’s amnesty offer to repentant militants because you do not compensate criminals.

“Chief Godspower Ake (former Rivers State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party) begged me to manage Wike as my Chief of Staff so people won’t notice there was a problem. Chuma Chinye (ex-Commissioner for Commerce and Industry) begged me to recommend Wike for a ministerial appointment in 2011. I accepted so as not to appear stubborn and that’s the worse decision I have made in my life.”

The minister lamented that the people were helpless in view of the deteriorating security, even as he accused governor Wike of failing to protect lives and property, which he swore on oath to do.

Amaechi maintained that cultism could never be attributed to members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whom he described as God-fearing, insisting that only APC members were being killed. He challenged Wike to show Nigerians any PDP member killed.

He also denied harassing a policemen and his claim was corroborated by the police spokesman, Muhammad Ahmad.

Ahmad said: The attention of Rivers State Police Command has been drawn to the news making the rounds that Chibuike R. Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, on March 12, along Port Harcourt-Omagwa Road, arrested and manhandled a policeman.

“The command wishes to state that the story is untrue and the act did not happen.”

But governor Wike, in his reaction through the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Dr. Austin Tam-George, alleged that Amaechi ran a failed and dizzyingly-corrupt government for eight years.

His words: “Amaechi has been indicted for stealing public fund by a court-approved Judicial Commission of Inquiry in Rivers State.

“His antics are a diversionary campaign to evade justice, through the rigging of the rerun legislative polls this weekend, but he will be defeated and brought to account.”

Wike said Amaechi was fighting for his “political life right now”, saying he understood his deadly desperation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/amaechi-wike-hiding-wanted-militants-cultists-govt-house/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:40am On Mar 16, 2016
Why can't Amechi Iscariot a.k.a "Minister Of War & Too Much Talking go back to Abuja & leave Wike alone. River State don't like APC, why is he trynna force it down their throat??

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by kogirodent: 5:47am On Mar 16, 2016
ok
Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 16, 2016
[size=13pt]APC must win rivers rerun so they can impeach and jail that killer thug called Wike. with federal might, Amaechi will laugh last undecided[/size]

72 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by crownwealth: 5:59am On Mar 16, 2016
Amaechi noise is becoming irritating and nonsensical.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by tyson99(m): 6:07am On Mar 16, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Why can't Amechi Iscariot a.k.a "Minister Of War & Too Much Talking go back to Abuja & leave Wike alone. River State don't like APC, why is he trynna force down their throat??
Tit for Tat,when Amaechi was the governor and wiked was a minister same thing was happening abi u don quick forget

Cry me a river

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by Nogodye(m): 6:07am On Mar 16, 2016
Let see
Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by TPAND(f): 6:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Amaechi is one of the reasons for the political killings in Rivers State. He sponsors unrest and chaos in the state with the funds he stole from rivers state coffers. Just because you rebel against GEJ doesn't mean you should put the lives of APC followers in danger with your careless talk

You cliam you are the lion of ubima and the slayer of GEJ. How? PDP won rivers state mercilessly and your own people voted GEJ

You lost miserably and you want to shove APC into the minds of your people by sponsoring anarchy, incitement, unrest and resentment against the present governor.

APC kick Ameachi out. He is a misrepresentation of what APC stands for
This kind of attitude is what is expected of a PDP member

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by lionduke(m): 6:14am On Mar 16, 2016
Amechi is looking for excuse to invade the Rivers Government house, but he's got his match in wike. Rivers State is PDP any day.

35 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by IamPatriotic(m): 6:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Their rerun elections should come and go fast, I'm tired of Wike this, Amaechi that already and more importantly, the unabated mindless killings in Rivers have to stop asap.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by Goldencollins: 6:16am On Mar 16, 2016
Why can't Amaechi concentrate on his Ministerial duties in Abuja and leave Rivers state in peace.
This Amaechi is a very wicked and devilish fellow,all he wants is war and blood sheds in Rivers state that's y he keeps uttering gory statements that can ferment war in a peaceful rivers state.
I thought Buhari has compensated his son Dakuku peterside with NIMASA DG appointment.
Amaechi ur days are numbered.
The death that will kill a dog won't let perceive the smell of feces.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by SleekMallam: 6:17am On Mar 16, 2016
Ameachi is desperate to run his parraell government in Rivers state.Since he's on ground to fight death match for his political life, I hope Wike obliges him.

May the strongest man win.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:18am On Mar 16, 2016
tyson99:

Tit for Tat,when Amaechi was the governor and wiked was a minister same thing was happening abi u don quick forget

Cry me a river
i'm donating customised Luis Vuitton handkerchief for your great loss in advance & please tell Ameshit that PDP is Rivers & Rivers is PDP..

eibmoz

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by KRILMIJAY(m): 6:21am On Mar 16, 2016
sincerely speaking, I don't like Men that talk too much.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by mrking3(m): 6:24am On Mar 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
•‘Amaechi ran failed, dizzyingly-corrupt govt’

Minister of Transportation and former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has accused Governor Nyesom Wike of hiding wanted militants and cultists in the Government House.

Amaechi spoke yesterday on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme. He alleged that the 23 caretaker committee chairmen were known militants.

The former governor, who said his relationship with Wike, his Chief of Staff between 2007 and 2011, became sour because of violence and corruption by his successor, predicted that Saturday’s legislative rerun would be peaceful in view of the assurances given by security agencies.

His words: “Wike is protecting killers; all his caretaker chairmen are known militants. The police recovered arms and ammunition from the home of Soboma Jackrich (chairman of Asari-Toru Council) and Jackrich is now living in the Government House.

“Wike must stop supporting violence by not encouraging the criminals, especially cultists and militants. Wike must allow persons who break the law to be punished. My relationship with Wike became sour, as my Chief of Staff, because of his violence and corruption.

“If a governor wines and dines with cultists and militants, he will embolden the criminals. As Rivers governor, I never sat down with cultists and militants. I did not support the Federal Government’s amnesty offer to repentant militants because you do not compensate criminals.

“Chief Godspower Ake (former Rivers State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party) begged me to manage Wike as my Chief of Staff so people won’t notice there was a problem. Chuma Chinye (ex-Commissioner for Commerce and Industry) begged me to recommend Wike for a ministerial appointment in 2011. I accepted so as not to appear stubborn and that’s the worse decision I have made in my life.”

The minister lamented that the people were helpless in view of the deteriorating security, even as he accused governor Wike of failing to protect lives and property, which he swore on oath to do.

Amaechi maintained that cultism could never be attributed to members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whom he described as God-fearing, insisting that only APC members were being killed. He challenged Wike to show Nigerians any PDP member killed.

He also denied harassing a policemen and his claim was corroborated by the police spokesman, Muhammad Ahmad.

Ahmad said: The attention of Rivers State Police Command has been drawn to the news making the rounds that Chibuike R. Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, on March 12, along Port Harcourt-Omagwa Road, arrested and manhandled a policeman.

“The command wishes to state that the story is untrue and the act did not happen.”

But governor Wike, in his reaction through the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Dr. Austin Tam-George, alleged that Amaechi ran a failed and dizzyingly-corrupt government for eight years.

His words: “Amaechi has been indicted for stealing public fund by a court-approved Judicial Commission of Inquiry in Rivers State.

“His antics are a diversionary campaign to evade justice, through the rigging of the rerun legislative polls this weekend, but he will be defeated and brought to account.”

Wike said Amaechi was fighting for his “political life right now”, saying he understood his deadly desperation.

Lalasticlacla

http://thenationonlineng.net/amaechi-wike-hiding-wanted-militants-cultists-govt-house/
this boy has allowed sentiment to becloud his sense of reasoning and judgement. Even a todler knows APC members are very violent! They're worst than PDP members! So this foolish boy has suddenly forgotten how APC members killed Innocent corps members in bauchi and other northern parts? This is just one single case I can think of sef!!!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by Progressive01(m): 6:31am On Mar 16, 2016
These two (Amaechi and Wike) should stop acting like gay.

Wetin sef??

Person no go fit hear as him girlfriend dey moan again all because of the noise wen these two stubborn men dey make.

Shoo!!

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by dBard: 6:38am On Mar 16, 2016
The nonsense in Rivers State has gotten way beyond politics.
Politicians that should know better have been all over the airwaves unnecessarily heating up the polity.
The electorate have become so polarized and riled up that it's now more or less a personalized do or die affair...and for simple legislative elections
The 2 elephants instigating all these are birds of the same feather..The killings going on in the state are being sponsored by both parties.
Not one of them is clean!
The enormous resources that are being expended in this election would have been better served elsewhere especially at a time wen most are complaining of the economy.
I think I should stop here But those of you that'll come on Nairaland to be fanning the embers of an already blazing fire that'll mostly consume the lives of every day citizens trying to make ends meet should RECEIVE SENSE

#nuff said

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by kingbasil: 6:39am On Mar 16, 2016
Amaechi is just moaning like a bitch in heat... mind you he ran a very corrupt adminstration and must account for the monies he stole from his state while he was in charge...

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by peacengine(m): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Who is acting minister of transport now, while Amaechi is being distracted in Rivers state?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by PRYCE(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2016
THE NATION undecided undecided
Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by amagunnerfan: 7:00am On Mar 16, 2016
PDP fans either have no sense or refuse to use it. Amaechi is behind the violence and it is APC members that are been killed?

Do you people not think or have you all sold your conscience?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by amagunnerfan: 7:01am On Mar 16, 2016
mrking3:
this boy has allowed sentiment to becloud his sense of reasoning and judgement. Even a todler knows APC members are very violent! They're worst than PDP members! So this foolish boy has suddenly forgotten how APC members killed Innocent corps members in bauchi and other northern parts? This is just one single case I can think of sef!!!
So you want to tell us APC members are the ones killing themselves in order to fight Wike? They no longer kill PDP members but themselves?

Abeg use your conscience and brain. They are not for decoration.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by lukecent: 7:04am On Mar 16, 2016
By monday some diareah mouth ll stop running
I know they ll start crying foul but the people ve made their choice.
#AviolencefreeRiverselection

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by Oxenomy: 7:09am On Mar 16, 2016
Why can't Amechi go back to Abuja and focus on his job? Why is he going around making inciting statements? angry .... Make the rerun come and go so that everyone will rest. sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by DIKEnaWAR: 7:19am On Mar 16, 2016
Amaechi wants to use the coming Rivers re-run to prove to his party that he is politically relevant. He is ready to sacrifice as many people as he can. It is a shame people are buying into his style again.

He attacks and keep shouting like the victim. This is the technique he employed against GEJ. Before, he complained about federal might being bigger than state might. Today, he is complaining of state might being bigger than federal might. Win or lose, he wants to cause so much trouble to get Buhari to announce a state of emergency in Rivers state. But we are wiser now; a state of emergency does not translate to removing a sitting Governor. His plans has failed again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by anonimi: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2016
irunooboo:
[size=13pt]APC must win rivers rerun so they can impeach and jail that killer thug called Wike. with federal might, Amaechi will laugh last undecided[/size]

Thanks for letting us know who we are dealing with.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026526_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027367_buhsheep_jpeg77d17e1bca3def9e42a445aac08437fe

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Amaechi should park well joor

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by OBTMOS(m): 7:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Truth be told
Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by DBossNG(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2016
Hmmm.....
Re: Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation by moscobabs(m): 7:43am On Mar 16, 2016
j

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano PDP Members Protest, Burn Secondus' Posters For Making Kwankwaso Leader / Policeman Beaten To Death For Killing A Trader In Lagos / The Gifts Orji Uzor Kalu & His Wife Gave To Igbere People On Boxing Day Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.