Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu (45588 Views)

Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / Aminu Salisu, Dogara’s Outrider Dies In Crash (Photo) / EFCC Seals Hotel Owned By Shuaibu Salisu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by maryhaam(f): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Lovely piece
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by gReenmAn(m): 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
@garfield16: I noted your observations too.
But I still believe this was a great article.
The errors are not more than what a little more experience and hands-on exposure in real-world journalism wont eradicate.

On the other hand, I think the poster is good salesman.
Note the subtle way he markets himself by telling us his qualifications, prior experience as editor of a school magazine, all captured in a sample of his writing abilities?
Bravo

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Montaque(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

what's the big picture care to explain because this is a supposed best graduating student of mass comm saying things like "I wasn’t discourage" instead of "discouraged". If this huy walked into my office looking for a job i wouldn't employ him because I can't trust him to write articles without proof reading his English.
Check what u wrote up there, if it's 100% correct. Don't tell me about auto spell on ur phone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by princemillla(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Wen were the happiest nation, our government were taking us for granted. If being the sad nation would solve our long time hardship. Then I will be happy to be in such nation
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Cornerstone001: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
CuteInBlack:
We need a Revolution. Who would lead? Anyone?

I am afraid none can!
angry angry
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by fghanni(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
CuteInBlack:
We need a Revolution. Who would lead? Anyone?

Nobody wan die bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Egabs(m): 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice one frm the op its rather on sad that Nigerians we are too gulible easy to puch around well its only wen we av decided to take d bull by d horn we take our destiny into our own hands that's wen we can get d needed happiest
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by jagorinho: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
nice write up.....bt ds is just a cycle,after given "minister of sadness post" or any other post for that matter, and you are pumped with dollars for over 2 years, u will start seeing things different from the common man,later you might even want to change your ministry name to ministry of divine happiness after vandalizing a lot of cash at your disposal.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he said salaries instead of salary.
Mr man, please go and sit down

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by niyi123: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
peacengine:
This same country was the happiest only a few years back despite not having everything, but some saddists in the opposition were not happy that people were happy, and decided to use propaganda to destroy our joy. Now people are so sad and the man with the peculiar body odor said it is a blessing to face hardship.

Must you put party sentiments in every arguments. People like you are the problem of this country always trying to put religion, tribe and party sentiment in your contributions. For some years back now has Nigeria ever been a great nation before. As the OP stated above that Nigeria is 103rd happiest country, is it today we get to that position, This country has always been misled for a longer period of time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
OP, when you finally get the appointment, I would like to be your PA
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by fawaz050(m): 3:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he said salaries instead of salary.
Of All the Logical things he wrote,you could only point out is mistakes not learn and think.
Pple like you go dey 4m commando,did u graduated with a 5.0 CGPA?
Did u had Parallel A1's in your O'level?
If u did.have u ever written or composed anything as meaningful as this?
Stop being a schadenfreude
Oya start pointing out my mistakestongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by leofab(f): 3:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
So saddened to my bone marrow!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Otolorin4real(m): 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Welldone bro. you will get there
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Kayoski:

Am sorry ,If u can't see it yourself with ur self acclaimed wealth of wisdom , then am sorry u have no place here...
I suspect u have a myopic mind
#Noinsultsmeant

There is no big picture, you and him are products of a failed education system which is why you dont see a problem with his English

again a student of mass com writes an srticles, not engineerring, not economics, Mass Comm and here are the grammertical flaws in his article

"published on several news outfits" should be published in

ranked Denmark the “ Happiest Nation, Burundi, the least happy” and Nigeria 103rd least happiest in the .....poor use of semi-colon

The survey ranked countries based on their abilities to provide basic necessities of life for their citizens thereby making them happy .The report published on several news outfits ranked Denmark the “ Happiest Nation, Burundi, the least happy” and Nigeria 103rd least happiest in the World. But to start with the first one, as usually the case with many students who graduated and are awaiting mobilization for National Youth Service, I started browsing the street of some major towns and cities in search of a temporary job to earn a living and avoid being dependent. [b]Nigerian youthsNigerian youth [/b]I visited several secondary schools in Kano to see if I could be appointed a classroom teacher, of all the schools I visited, the school principal pulls out dossiers of applicants waiting to be called for an interview.

This is the 1st paragraph of a published article by someone supposed to be the second best graduating mass comm student? I stopped highlighting the errors because there are so many The whole article is a grammatical mess, God help us!!!!

syntax errors, grammatical errors. Now someone at Vanguard published this article because as the second best graduating student one would assume you don't need supervision but alas!
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by christconscious: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice one ,op
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by dungburu: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
@ op, even me have been to many private schools in kano only to be told no vacancy.

This country is a scam. But it was announced in winners chapel church that a new television station needs a graduate with B. a.c. in Mass-com but no body matches the requirement.

I would have put in for it but I read political science.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by kulrunsman79(m): 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice information. I weep most times reading through some eye opening articles like this.

Its unfortunate that the gods cursed Nigeria with bad leadership but immensely blessed her natural resources
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Surfboard(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=gReenmAn post=43886000]@garfield16: I noted your observations too.
But I still believe this was a great article.
The errors are not more than what a little more experience and hands-on exposure in real-world journalism wont eradicate.

On other hand, I think the poster is good salesman.
Note the subtle way he markets himself by telling us his qualifications, prior experience as editor of a school magazine, all captured in a sample of his writing abilities?
Bravo[/quote/]

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Relixy2k: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
garfield16:

It is a good step to correct but it is always better to do so in order to make the person see the need to improve and not only glorify the deficiencies . There are mistakes but not so damaging. The writer produced a very thoughtful piece that evokes critical analysis of the abnormalities in our Nation. I am really impressed a young graduate did this and the sky is only his starting point as he will improve with time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by usy309(m): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Eyyah Haruna I feel ur pain...ur story is same in every average graduate without long.....Everything in this nation has been capitlised....as graduate to get teaching job in private secondary skul...that will pay a token is becoming an issue......
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by dyn1800: 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
SO WE SHOULD CRUCIFY HIM FOR THAT? MEANWHILE DEMANDED CAN BE USED OGA ENCYCLOPEDIA. DEPENDING ON THE CONTEXT AND THE MESSAGE YOU'RE TRYING TO CONVEY.

AS FOR THE SALARIES, THE WRITER PUT IT IN QUOTES “ we haven’t been paid salaries for three months”. WHICH IT VALID

ABOVE ALL, NO ONE IS ABOVE "GRAMMATICAL" OR TYPO "ERROR". I'M SURE YOU CAN NOT BE 100% CORRECT WITH YOUR COMPOSITIONS AS WELL. FOR EXAMPLE YOUR TYPO ERROR GPa INSTEAD OF CGPA didnt INSTEAD OF didn't.

garfield16:

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by usy309(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
Relixy2k:
It is a good step to correct but it is always better to do so in order to make the person see the need to improve and not only glorify the deficiencies . There are mistakes but not so damaging. The writer produced a very thoughtful piece that evokes critical analysis of the abnormalities in our Nation. I am really impressed a young graduate did this and the sky is only his starting point as he will improve with time.

What matter is the information...not the grammar....are we in exam hall

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by cecegorz(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
As a Mass Comms graduate, you should know that you couldn't have 'demanded' to see the GM of the FM station in Gombe.
It should be that you 'requested' to see her.

However, your writing generally ain't that bad, you can start running your own blog for a start. With that, you'll improve and expand your chances.
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by aniblue(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
How did we get here at first? When did we get it wrong?? Whats the way out now
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by mamajaz(f): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Summary pls
Lazy bone! You are indeed a leader of tomorrow but not if today
Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by donifez(m): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice points, We have so much within us yet only a few "elites" have all the resources. If materials were distributed in a more uniform method, we will surely be the happiest nation on earth.

The resources in one state is greater than a country resources,can you imagine what ordeal our corrupt elites are putting us through. I would have said the black race is cursed but looking at it in a realistic mode"Nigeria is cursed with an almost incurable disease called Greed".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by ahmedkoded95(m): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
[quote author=garfield16 post=43885575]

His English is not that of someone with a 4.0 GPA. If it were any other field I would understand but not Mass Com. How do you get a 4.o GPa in Mass com with poor English and sentence composition? These are the people that will end up as journalists and start printing misleading news all because they didnt get their English right. Did you notice how he said he "demanded" to see the GM, that should have been "insisted" or "requested" also twice at least he s

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by ifeomaekol(f): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
The situation of this country is really sad., cn make anyone cry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s First Minister Of Sadness - By Haruna Mohammed Salisu by Ijaya123: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
henrydadon:
u were warn not to vote buhari..

Is Buhari the reason for your sadness?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn / Anambra Villagers Chase Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cows Away. Photos / Joe, Yinka Odumakin's Wife Gives Birth To Twins In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.