Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? (3512 Views)

7 Hard Truths You Need To Know About Serious Heartbreak / 13 Signs Your Life Is Centred Around A Girl And It Promises A Heartbreak / How Do I Get Over A Serious Heartbreak Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
I am going through what I'd call a very trying time of my life.
I can't eat.
Sleep.
Can't concentrate.
Thoughts of her keep flooding my mind.
I love this lady with the whole of me. We were engaged to be married later this year. We had a little misunderstanding which was partly her fault, it made her breakup our engagement. I am devasted,v tried couple of dating but my heart still beats her way. The ladies I meet kinda irritate me esp wen they try to impress me. I have begged, asked her mom to help, friends, my sibling, her sister to intervene...all to no avail, she even openly told me she has found someone she love...in just five days. I can't hold myself and the tears. Insults are welcomed.
Pls honest advise please, am loading my mind!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by ladyF(f): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Eeyah....sorry. But heartbreaks shouldn't be taken as if it's the end of the world. Other people will come along. Don't let one human being who probably doesn't even care about you anymore come in the way of your happiness. Life has so much more to offer.

Let me allow the experienced ones advice you sha grin
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by iykekelvins(m): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
Suicide
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Idydarling(f): 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
become her friend op, it will take off the sharp edges of pain, trust me
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Idydarling:
Its making matters worst...she chats me up wit one liners....sometimes ignore me totally, it hurts real bad
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
cry that's sad...but let's hear the voice of cutehector...he is the best coach when it comes to love...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Cutehector(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Op rejoice and be glad... for it would have been worse if u married her and she divorced u...

So relax and be happy... it's her loss.

She is a very selfish woman and unforgiving.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Idydarling:

This is the worse advise have ever seen, even worse than the the guy that wrote "suicide"

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by ladyF(f): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
But you no tell us the misunderstanding, did you play away match and she caught you? What exactly did you do? She can't just break up with you like that na...
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
Op rejoice and be glad... for it would have been worse if u married her and she divorced u...

So relax and be happy... it's her loss.

She is a very selfish woman and unforgiving.
Thnx man...I begged her in the name of her late father, God...Ive tried every avenue to appease her. Am feeling empty, lonely, betrayed, rejected, mistreated, maltreated, abused, manipulated

1 Like

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Nturguy1122: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:

Its making matters worst...she chats me up wit one liners....sometimes ignore me totally, it hurts real bad
well maybe u are trying too hard to be her friend...let time heal u brov she'll come around later and u would laugh over it
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:
But you no tell us the misunderstanding, did you play away match and she caught you? What exactly did you do? She can't just break up with you like that na...

If that was the cause the dude wont be feeling this depressed na.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Cutehector(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

This is worse advise have ever seen, even worse than the the guy that wrote "suicide"
u dey mind d babe. Wen I read it, I was like, who is dis confused being.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
smoke some weed nigga. life ain't got duplicates
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by ladyF(f): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

If that was the cause the dude wont be feeling this depressed na.
You really can't say. Maybe he made a mistake once and let his guard down and was caught. He is yet to let the house know.....
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Cutehector(m): 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:

Thnx man...I begged her in the name of her late father, God...Ive tried every avenue to appease her. Am feeling empty, lonely, betrayed, rejected, mistreated, maltreated, abused, manipulated
eh eh, u sef wait, tell d house wat u did abeg.. sometimes we just pass judgements wen the op doesn't even gv a valid reason as to why the person left. So tell us, wat really happend.

Cc

Ladyf
Falconey
Idydarling
Kashybaby
Nturguy1112
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Idydarling(f): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

This is worse advise have ever seen, even worse than the the guy that wrote "suicide"
I understand u find it hard to comprehend sentences in English, but the op does, so u see you're irrelevant here
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:
Were were supposed to see at Dawaki in Abj. I dropped her off her house on a Friday to see next day. She called me the next day telling me she wants to go somewhere without any explanation....I was curious coz she never hinted me a day before that day. I asked her to excersie patience that I'll be with her coz at the time I was at jabi fixing my cousins car. She insisted on going to God knows where and dropped series of calls I put to her. I called her mother and made her know how hurt I felt. Next I saw was breakup message in my phone!copied?
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:

You really can't say. Maybe he made a mistake once and let his guard down and was caught. He is yet to let the house know.....

You may be right una like this don get too much experience for this matter.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Cutehector(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:

Were were supposed to see at Dawaki in Abj. I dropped her off her house on a Friday to see next day. She called me the next day telling me she wants to go somewhere without any explanation....I was curious coz she never hinted me a day before that day. I asked her to excersie patience that I'll be with her coz at the time I was at jabi fixing my cousins car. She insisted on going to God knows where and dropped series of calls I put to her. I called her mother and made her know how hurt I felt. Next I saw was breakup message in my phone!copied?
just like dat?
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
u dey mind d babe. Wen I read it, I was like, who is dis confused being.

i just hope her vocation is not therapy or counselling.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Leriebloom(f): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:
I can't eat.
Sleep.
Can't concentrate.
I love this lady with the whole of me. We were engaged to be married later this year. We had a little misunderstanding which was partly her fault, it made her breakup our engagement. I am devasted,v tried couple of dating but my heart still beats her way. The ladies I meet kinda irritate me esp wen they try to impress me. I have begged, asked her mom to help, friends, my sibling, her sister to intervene...all to no avail, she even openly told me she has found someone she love...in just five days. I can't hold myself and the tears. Insults are welcomed.
The best thing you can do is to take a step towards forgetting her, not comparing her with the other ladies that would come into your life. Get yourself occupied, anything that would make you not to start thinking again, and if that doesnt work, think about the hurt and humiliation this lady has caused you and why you would not want to get back into a relationship that is still bound to fail. I guess that would do.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Idydarling(f): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:

give it time, after a while, u chat her up, am sure she'll respond. try to engage her in a friendly conversation, and am sure d sharp edges of pain will gradually leave

as for those quoting me to rant all manner of insults, I won't reply u further, go ahead and engage urselves....it's a faceless forum after all
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
Cutehector:
just like dat?
Yea just like that...tho I visited her that evening....we got into heated exchange of words....we booth lost control...she said am too protective and jealous and too gentle...a, confused

Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Cutehector(m): 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

i just hope her vocation is not therapy or counselling.
seriously some girls r very stvpid I swear. How can one become frnds with someone they just broke up wit not long ago.

Who just does dat
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Idydarling:

give it time, after a while, u chat her up, am sure she'll respond. try to engage her in a friendly conversation, and am sure d sharp edges of pain will gradually leave

as for those quoting me to rant all manner of insults, I won't reply u further, go ahead and engage urselves....it's a faceless forum after all
Its not that easy my dear....thought of her constant rejection n ol
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
Idydarling:

I understand u find it hard to comprehend sentences in English, but the op does, so u see you're irrelevant here

hmmm if only he is as dumb as the teacher who taught you English Would he find your advise rational and held to it.

you must be thinking with your boobs young girl.
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by ladyF(f): 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

You may be right una like this don get too much experience for this matter.

Lol I no get experience at all o.

OP should take heart. But why call her mother for something she did? That's childish biko. .
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by firstking01(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
koife:
I can't eat.
Sleep.
Can't concentrate.
@this point there's nothing you can do to instantly wipe away the heartbreak, rather, just cry, yes cry, it's not manly but cry....before you know it you 'll be relieved all of a suddenundecided
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by Idydarling(f): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
falconey:

hmmm if only he is as dumb as the teacher who taught me English Would he find my advise rational.

I must be thinking with my mama's boobs.
it's obvious
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by koife(m): 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:

OP should take heart. But why call her mother for something she did? That's childish biko. .
Over time I've come to realise she only listens to her mom. But this time....her mom is even tired of begging
Re: How Can One Get Over Serious Heartbreak? by falconey(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
ladyF:

He said they were engaged i think, both party families are involved so if shit is going down they should be aware i think.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Watching Spartacus With My Gf Ruined Our Friendship / Tape For Measuring Husband / Wife Material.. / Some Nigerian Name That Are Most Likely To Break Your Heart -by Temitope Popoola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.