Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT (859 Views)

Fayose, Tinubu, Saraki At Akeredolu's Swearing-In (Photos) / Saraki Begs, Malami, AGF, To Drop Forgery Charges Against Him, Ekweremadu - SR / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by slazedeez: 9:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Saraki said the same conditions have not also been met in the instant charge the government entered against him.

Specifically, he observed that the tribunal had in the case against Tinubu, stressed that the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, which recommended the prosecution, ought to have invited the defendant to clarify discrepancies in the assets he declared, before the charge was initiated.

Agabi said his client was never invited by the CCB to admit or deny the alleged irregularities that were discovered in four assets declaration forms he submitted to it.

“My lord he has not been invited up till now. That was the same reason you gave for allowing Tinubu to go home, on the ground that ten other governors were invited by the CCB to make clarifications on discrepancies in the assets they declared.

“But till now, the defendant here, who is the Senate President of this country has not been invited. It is our position that the law is not discriminatory”, Agabi submitted.

More so, Agabi queried the powers of the Attorney General of the Federation to institute the charge, a responsibility he said was legally vested on the CCB to the exclusion of any other anti-graft agency in the country.

He said the laws establishing the Bureau stipulated that any one perceived to have falsely declared his assets, must be summoned to give explanations.

“The defendant was never afforded such opportunity, not even a chance to kneel down and apologise”, Agabi stated, insisting that the charge was not only politically motivated, but also brought in bad faith.

He said failure by the CCB to summon his client to give explanations was not only fatal to the charge but indicated a presumption of regularity in favour of the defendant.

Maintaining that his client was denied fair hearing, Agabi contended that Saraki’s fresh application was totally different from what was earlier decided by the Supreme Court.

Agabi urged the tribunal to quash the charge against his client and discharge him accordingly.

Saraki who stormed the tribunal yesterday with 80 lawyers, was accompanied by more than 60 Senators, including the Senate leader, Ali Ndume, Andy Ubah and former governor of Abia State, Theodore Orji.

Meantime, FG, yesterday, opposed Saraki’s application which it said constituted a gross abuse of the judicial process.

Government lawyer, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, urged the tribunal to dismiss the application which he said was only aimed at scuttling the trial of the defendant.

Jacobs relied on sections 220, 221 and 396 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, ACJA, 2015, and argued that the law provided that such objections must be considered along with the substantive case and ruling delivered at the end of the trial.

https://schoolnetwork.io/278/discharge-me-like-you-discharge-tinubu-saraki-begs-cct#919
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by michiyke2003(m): 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
Which way Nigeria
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by amtaken(f): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

#APCagainstAPC.

APC = All Propaganda Continues.

1 Like

Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
amtaken:
What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

#APCagainstAPC.

APC = All Propaganda Continues.

Lmao. All propaganda continues. That's a new one. I'm staring to believe u have a personal stake in this Apc vs pdp matter . And pls don't give me a patriotic lecture lol. Oya what's ur stake

1 Like

Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by amtaken(f): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2016
APC is a hypocritical party.

theoptimist298:

Lmao. All propaganda continues. That's a new one. I'm staring to believe u have a personal stake in this Apc vs pdp matter . And pls don't give me a patriotic lecture lol. Oya what's ur stake
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2016
amtaken:
APC is a hypocritical party.

Yea, sadly. The bold manner in which they do it is disgusting. Seeing the headlines of any of their dumb press releases is enough to give me a bad day.
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
The only person i respect a little bit is Tinubu, not because I like him but because he's not a propagandist like the rest.‎ He hardly ever speaks becuase I want to believe he knows the truth.
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by amtaken(f): 8:51am On Mar 20, 2016
They preach the gospel but practise satanism.

theoptimist298:

Yea, sadly. The bold manner in which they do it is disgusting. Seeing the headlines of any of their dumb press releases is enough to give me a bad day.
Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
amtaken:
They preach the gospel but practise satanism.

Most of them are satanists. They remind me of Hitler's Nazi party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discharge Me Like You Discharge Tinubu - Saraki Begs CCT by amtaken(f): 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Am telling you, they are all anti-Christ.

theoptimist298:

Most of them are satanists. They remind me of Hitler's Nazi party.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Man Look Like / FG Created Islamic Caliphate For Boko Haram In Nigeria / Breaking News!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.