Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. (32802 Views)

Avoidable Things Couples Do Which Lead To Divorce / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by anukulapo: 7:43am On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

[size=13pt]7.Finance[/size]:This is one big issue that has destroyed many homes and will destroy even more. Many ladies put money first before true affection and if the money is no more,apparently they have no need staying in the marriage anymore. And some go into marriage with high expectation that the man will make a headway within an expected period of time and as time passes and this expectation is not met,the lady becomes so frustrated and starts to hate the man and start comparing him with his rich mates even when he is so loving and caring. This has made me conclude that the best thing any lady can do to avoid this possible frustration is to love a man in a condition that will not frustrate her in years to come even if the man does not get better and they should also strive to be financially independent but pray for a better situation and not just marry a rich man or a struggling man with a die hard hope that he will make it big in no time.

Solution rather is for her to make big money and bring it into the marriage. That is how to be a good helper. Case solved. She won't have to worry about lack of money
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2016
ckc:

Leave all this talk abeg! it is easier said than done when u r not married.

And what if i was?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2016
anukulapo:

Solution rather is for her to make big money and bring it into the marriage. That is how to be a good helper. Case solved. She won't have to worry about lack of money

I agree but not every lady can make big money before going into marriage.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2016
christinie:
Why did 9ice divorce Tony Payne if he later confessed that she wasn't even cheating on him?

Why did Kenny St Brown divorce Eddy Montana?

Why did Charlyboy divorce his 4 wives?

Why did Uti 'divorce' Alex Ekubor (I support this one).
God save us.
In most cases its just the new feeling of meeting someone new,the thrills and chills that comes with a potential new sexual experience the fuels up divorce...

Shortly after you meet a new person and the initiall gragra dies down,you may even come to realize the reality and even start wondering why you left your previous marriage.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:
OP is most definitely not married.

Irreconcilable difference is an excellent catch all reason for divorce.

Tell me what i dont know dude.

i lived under the marital unbrella for 5years so i have at least a clue of what marriage is all about.

The truth is what i wrote about irreconcilable differences and it is the biggest foolish excuse used for divorce.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by anukulapo: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

I agree but not every lady can make big money before going into marriage.
So they better know that not all men can make big money before and right inside marriage also.
That will only be placing huge burden on people that we won't even put a finger on...
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2016
OBAnkemi:
Toks2008,........abeg tell me honestly, are you married? If you are married I will love to engage you intelligently/objectively on two or three points you raised in your thread. But if you ain't married,........then I simply got nothing to say you

Yes i was technically married.

Had intro and engagement.
Lived together as man and wife for 5yrs.
No traditional marriage yet before breakup.

So if this does not make me qualify for your questions,then dont bother.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2016
anukulapo:

So they better know that not all men can make big money before and right inside marriage also.
That will only be placing huge burden on people that we won't even put a finger on...

Gbam.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by GJames(m): 11:28am On Apr 10, 2016
Izen:

You can only send her packing if she didn't contribute to renting or building that house or else you must pay her back as she is packing out.
True.

1 Like

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Tell me what i dont know dude.

i lived under the marital unbrella for 5years so i have at least a clue of what marriage is all about.

The truth is what i wrote about irreconcilable differences and it is the biggest foolish excuse used for divorce.

I have to understand and admit that you expressed your opinion, as asinine as it is, I have to agree it's yours.

What should I tell the judge, that my wife passes gas in her sleep and I'm tired of using a gas mask while I sleep? As an unrelated reason why one might choose to use that excuse.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Yes i was technically married.

Had intro and engagement.
Lived together as man and wife for 5yrs.
No traditional marriage yet before breakup.

So if this does not make me qualify for your questions,then dont bother.

You were not married.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I have to understand and admit that you expressed your opinion, as asinine as it is, I have to agree it's yours.

What should I tell the judge, that my wife passes gas in her sleep and I'm tired of using a gas mask while I sleep? As an unrelated reason why one might choose to use that excuse.

Soro niyen

You might as well divorce her because she snores...

must you sleep in same room with her overnight?

Have u looked for remedy?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You were not married.

Great to know i was never married
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by radicalove(f): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
Greene66:

Of course not. A man own the woman. The woman is his prop.

I take exception to you, calling women men's properties. A woman is not a man's property. If the man owns the woman, then, tell me, who owns the man?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Soro niyen

You might as well divorce her because she snores...

must you sleep in same room with her overnight?

Have u looked for remedy?

Yes, oro niyen.

I know some men are comfortable being used as a door mat and generally socially inept.

Is it my job to seek remedy? Remember that this is just an off the cuff possibly stupid excuse I could think off.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Great to know i was never married

You have neither a marriage certificate nor a divorce decree.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You have neither a marriage certificate not a divorce decree.

Yeah you are perfectly right.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yes, oro niyen.

I know some men are comfortable being used as a door mat and generally socially inept.

Is it my job to seek remedy? Remember that this is just an off the cuff possibly stupid excuse I could think off.

Apparently marriage is not for you.

How will you feel if the table turned and you happen to have flatulence as a health condition then your wife abandons you?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Apparently marriage is not for you.

How will you feel if the table turned and you happen to have flatulence as a health condition then your wife abandons you?

I'll decide what's for me.

She has a right to seek her own pursuit of happiness.

This is not about marriage being right, it's about an obtuse attempt to lock spouses in non progressive matrimony. Any spouse has a right to exit a relationship at any time and for any reason.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Its not how a couples marry but what couples do after the wedding that leads to divorce.
So I yes,It's the better.
Are you feeling a bit national
Because before you found out I was Afro American you sounded like you where for no bride price.
In fact you posed the idea.

Well everything is connected ,do you know some marriages break up days after the wedding due to events that happened on the day.So whatever you guys are doing from the day of wedding can not be advice,because you re the worst of the worst when it comes to divorce. So whatever mean, isn't better because it turns out worst. It could be the mindset of entering the union that starts from the wedding ...
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
seaga:

Well everything is connected ,do you know some marriages break up days after the wedding due to events that happened on the day.So whatever you guys are doing from the day of wedding can not be advice,because you re the worst of the worst when it comes to divorce. So whatever mean, isn't better because it turns out worst. It could be the mindset of entering the union that starts from the wedding ...
it's clear you have a problem with my nationality so this discussion with be no good.Uhm goodbye.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I'll decide what's for me.

She has a right to seek her own pursuit of happiness.

This is not about marriage being right, it's about an obtuse attempt to lock spouses in non progressive matrimony. Any spouse has a right to exit a relationship at any time and for any reason.

Issoke but just note that there will always be a reason to divorce your spouse...even if you are married to an angel.

Its all about tolerance.

1 Like

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
it's clear you have a problem with my nationality so this discussion with be no good.Uhm goodbye.

Apparently you are based in the states i presume.

If Yes i would like to know if bride price is part of their culture...thanks.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 1:33am On Apr 11, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

Nah,i don't, believe you me....just believe it's not a good idea to borrow their marriage culture or take note from any of their marriage processes.Bye
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by christinie(f): 1:46am On Apr 11, 2016
That's mostly for men; most women divorce due to domestic abuse by men, some when their husbands misbehave like Toke Makinwa's estranged husband.

Imagine a lot of unprofessional 'marriage counsellors ' urging Mrs. Caroline Danjuma to divorce her legally married hubby- Barr. Musa Danjuma- for his philandering ways and these are the same people that will later blame her for not being able to manage her home if she eventually heeds their advice (God forbid).

Toks2008:
In most cases its just the new feeling of meeting someone new,the thrills and chills that comes with a potential new sexual experience the fuels up divorce...

Shortly after you meet a new person and the initiall gragra dies down,you may even come to realize the reality and even start wondering why you left your previous marriage.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
The very common excuses among nollywood actresses are Irreconcilable differences & domestic violence. Like all men have become tigers, Lols cheesy
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Harfisco(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
Walai this write-up make sence die
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by justsmile(f): 5:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Holmes07:

In matt 5 vs 32 it says ''But i say unto u,dt whosoever shall put away his wife,saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery...'' The Biblical condition for divorce is ''fornication'',as confusing as it may sound a married fellow who cheats commits adultery nt fornication. So what the bible is trying to say is that ''what God has join together let no man put asunder'' and the only time they can go their separate ways is wen they're in courtship phase,that wen the issue of fornication comes in, when u notice ur partner who is cheating during courtship. One can also divorce nd remain unmarried.

hello,

kindly read other translations for better understanding. NIV used "marital unfaithfulness" in place of "fornication"
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by chiraqDemon(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2016
Really there is a dark continent.....wtf is an ogbanje undecided
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by JustHere2Observ(f): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2016
The only ground I can agree with divorce is when a life is in danger like in domestic violence. Infidelity to me is not an excuse especially when the one guilty is repentant and making amends.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by fumisko(f): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Do men like u really exit?
Gaucho:
Been married for three years after courting for 22 years. We have two lively kids aged 10 and 8, a girl and boy respectively. Love my wife and our kids and ready to lay my life to protect them. Two years ago,she starting cheating with her boss in the office and I have this premonition and confronted her,but her constant denial wasnt going away. Last two months,caught her sexchatting with the same guy on phone and I know they have had sex series of times. She almost packed out but later forgave her,but before that time her mom knows about it and encouraged her because of what she is getting from them. Spiritual attack from left right and centre,but forgave her all the same because I love her and my kids. Not easy but God is God!
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
fumisko:
Do men like u really exit?

Yeah funmi we still have guys with big hearts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Sickle Cell Survivor Anne Welsh Celebrates At Her Baby Shower (photos) / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? / He Said He Doesn't Feel That Connection Between Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.