Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. (32800 Views)

Avoidable Things Couples Do Which Lead To Divorce / Married Last Week, Already Set For Divorce. Help A Nairalander Make A Decision / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Surfboard(m): 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
*singing* I use your face as the urinal Then do the same at your funeral Piss on your grave, piss on your grave ****
Don't mind me, I was only surfing. Please carry on.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by teemy(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
by the way greene66, in medieval times princesses must have a sizeable dowry to get married. that is they bring land, wealth or titles to the man. in the movie 3idiots a lady's future inlaws demanded a car as dowry. dowry does not equal ownership.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Surfboard(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
*singing* I use your face as the urinal Then do the same at your funeral Piss on your grave, piss on your grave ****
Don't mind me, I was only surfing. Please carry on.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by OBAnkemi: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2016
Toks2008,........abeg tell me honestly, are you married? If you are married I will love to engage you intelligently/objectively on two or three points you raised in your thread. But if you ain't married,........then I simply got nothing to say you
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by ourchoice(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2016
Any man that tells you that he would forgive his wife if she cheats on him is a LIAR!!!

No Nigerian man can or will sincerely forgive a cheating wife!

Nigerian men can endure, forgive other things but when they catch you cheating, just go and pack your load yourself or if he still pretends to forgive, watch it!

Don't ask me if a woman should forgive a cheating husband, of course 90% or more than 90% of married men now are cheating and their wives sure know this (so it's left for the over 90% of Nigerian married women to walk away from their marriage now cos their husbands are cheating as we speak and they all know it)..its a natural curse on all men, mature/wiser women already know this and have accepted their fate, blame nature!

Men weren't created to be mating with one woman till they die, don't blame men, blame nature; that's the painful truth 21st century ladies abi women don't want to accept, but as they go into marriage, they realize how true it is that men are polygamous in nature cry

Mind u, your husband cheating on u doesn't mean he doesn't love u...a man will love/cherish his wife and still cheat cos to men, sex is a game of number while to women, sex goes with emotion...so b4 a woman cheats on her husband, she must have falling out of love with him, but not same with men.

You can argue it, but that's nature's making not me

3 Likes

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
She a human being an try as many have you can't own a human angry

Their partners,equals an belong ta each other.
How can you not know this. undecided

In as much as I don't want to support. ..let's look at it from this angle,why put a price on a bride ,a property has a price tag once you purchase it,becomes yours.So what do you ve to say ...
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

In as much as I don't want to support. ..let's look at it from this angle,why put a price on a bride ,a property has a price tag once you purchase it,becomes yours.So what do you ve to say ...
There should be no bride price for that very reason

2 Likes

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Joy1706:

Give me one reason why a wife is owned by the husband. And don't mention bride price cos bride price is an inconsequential sum in most places. And don't say cos the bible said that men are the head. That would be tantamount to saying that buhari owns each and every one of us cos he's the head/president. See how stupid that logic is? So um waiting for one reason

but then why put a price on a bride/woman,please I am just looking at things from a neutral perspective.It's norm when you pay for anything it becomes yours lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
There should be no bride price for that very reason
So that means women should clamour for the end of bride price
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

If it where me,yeah.
But dude I'm not Nigerian.
....But African American
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by SAEJO: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
Greene66:

Of course not. A man own the woman. The woman is his prop.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by bee444: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
If what you listed aint one of two reasons for getting a divorce, I wonder what reason you want me to come up with?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
If it where me,yeah.
But dude I'm not Nigerian.
....But African American
I see, so how is it done in your climate
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by InvertedHammer: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
@ Toks2008

Irreconcilable difference has nothing to do with change/no change.

It is a court's leeway of telling couples that it does not want to be bothered with long stories.
/
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2016
Toks2008:

Apparently you are based in the states i presume.
If Yes i would like to know if bride price is part of their culture...thanks.
seaga:

I see, so how is it done in your climate
A man asks a woman ta marry him, she says 'yes' an they have a wedding or go to the courthouse an then their married.
Same as yer country, just no bride price
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
So that's the best arrangement for a marriage
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by teemy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

i agree. if not for the enormousity and manner this fee is being collected many strained marriages would be lovely today.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Fanirandele: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

Already in my tribe most people do not collect bride price for this reason. We didn't for my Sister's so no man can ever think he owns them angry the era of slavery is over. No human being owns another person
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:
So that's the best arrangement for a marriage
I guess.You should quote me if you want answers. I just happened ta see this.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by somegirl1: 8:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
Toks2008:

..... Yes Jesus instructs that a man divorces his wife on teh condition of adultery but he also preached about forgiveness.

Permits
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
I guess.You should quote me if you want answers. I just happened ta see this.

Well then how come the United States has the highest divorce cases,correct me if am wrong .So whatever the modalities it isn't suggestive. So I guess not
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by emperorchedda(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
Joy1706:

Give me one reason why a wife is owned by the husband. And don't mention bride price cos bride price is an inconsequential sum in most places. And don't say cos the bible said that men are the head. That would be tantamount to saying that buhari owns each and every one of us cos he's the head/president. See how stupid that logic is? So um waiting for one reason
You didn't answer the fellow before asking him questions.

Give him one reason why the woman isn't owned by the man after he has paid her bride price, bought all sort of food stuffs, clothing, animal and whatnot for her family. Still brings her to HIS house, feeds her with HIS money, and basically takes all the responsibilities that comes with her

Now answer his question

1 Like

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by doingood: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
Don't pray ur wife cheats on U. If she does and u so much love ur kids, u'll be in d middle of d devil and d deep blue sea. It happened to me. I 4gave her cos of my kids. I can't imagine my kids loosing there mother. They love there mum so much. I 4gave her but she's no longer my wife. I can't make her my next of kin. She can't get any tangible thing from me. And I'll never be faithful to her no more. She just gave me d certificate to sleep with different girls this days
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by akike: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

You are always about tradition and culture

When did you become so rational?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Fanirandele:

Already in my tribe most people do not collect bride price for this reason. We didn't for my Sister's so no man can ever think he owns them angry the era of slavery is over. No human being owns another person

OK may I know what tribe that is?please also the religion?
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by akike: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
doingood:
Don't pray ur wife cheats on U. If she does and u so much love ur kids, u'll be in d middle of d devil and d deep blue sea. It happened to me. I left her cos of my kids. I can't imagine my kids loosing there mother. They love there mum so much. I 4gave her but she's no longer my wife. I can't make her my next of kin. She can't get any tangible thing from me. And I'll never be faithful to her no more. She just gave me d certificate to sleep with different girls this days
I am sorry you had to go through that

And I love you, yo u know why? Most partners would either divide the kids or share the time they spend with one pf them!

Do you see them often? They need you too! I hope you also pay attention to all lil details their mum might have missed!

You should move on.
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by akike: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
ourchoice:
Any man that tells you that he would forgive his wife if she cheats on him is a LIAR!!!

Nigerian men can endure, forgive other things but when they catch you cheating, just go and pack your load yourself or if he still pretends to forgive, watch it!

Don't ask me if a woman should forgive a cheating husband, of course 90% or more than 90% of married men now are cheating and their wives sure know this (so it's left for the over 90% of Nigerian married women to walk away from their marriage now cos their husbands are cheating as we speak and they all know it)..its a natural curse on all men, mature/wiser women already know this and have accepted their fate, blame nature!

Men weren't created to be mating with one woman till they die, don't blame men, blame nature; that's the painful truth 21st century ladies abi women don't want to accept, but as they go into marriage, they realize how true it is that men are polygamous in nature cry

Mind u, your husband cheating on u doesn't mean he doesn't love u...a man will love/cherish his wife and still cheat cos to men, sex is a game of number while to women, sex goes with emotion...so b4 a woman cheats on her husband, she must have falling out of love with him, but not same with men.

Keep telling yourself that

About 50% of the 90% of the wives also cheat.

You will never catch them.

1 Like

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Fanirandele: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
seaga:

OK may I know what tribe that is?please also the religion?

Yoruba and Christian. Many Yorubas no longer collect bride price and the ones that do so collect like N5 so that it's just symbolic and they will tell you right there no one can buy their daughter
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Bookiemart01(f): 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
Please tell us how you came into conclusion that men were not created to mate only 1 woman till they die.

I think the problem with most Nigerian men is that you all have been raised with this wrong notion. It's only in Africa a man cheats on his wife and flaunts it in her face. As bad as the whites are, they respect thier partners. They don't cheat and show off with it.

What makes you think a woman can't decide to cheat on her husband? Why do you think nature created women to mate only 1 man till they die? kiss

So you think women don't sometimes look at men who are more handsome, hard working, richer, eloquent. ....than thier spouses? We only just decide not to cheat. We have self control.

You men throw caution to the wind in the name of "it's our nature to cheat".

If una push woman, woman go check and guess what, God created women to be crafty, a woman can cheat on you and you'll never know unless she wants to rub it on your face

ourchoice:

2 Likes

Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
akike:

You are always about tradition and culture

When did you become so rational?

On this issue I am quite on the fence,I am just applying common logic.
But if you say tradition and culture. ...well will take that as a compliment because without it we would just be individuals roaming the earth without a form of identity.So yes I would gladly embrace it
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by Fanirandele: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
akike:

Keep telling yourself that

About 50% of the 90% of the wives also cheat.

You will never catch them.

Are you minding them. Nigerian women have learnt from the men how ro play the game an now they out play the men sef. Most of the guys running their mouths here will never imagine their wives are cheating. Why do you think FNA experts say many Nigerian men are not the fathers o one or more of their "kids " grin
Re: 8 avoidable excuses people use as reasons for divorce. by seaga: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Please tell us how you came into conclusion that men were not created to mate only 1 woman till they die.

I think the problem with most Nigerian men is that you all have been raised with this wrong notion. It's only in Africa a man cheats on his wife and flaunts it in her face. As bad as the whites are, they respect thier partners. They don't cheat and show off with it.

What makes you think a woman can't decide to cheat on her husband? Why do you think nature created women to mate only 1 man till they die? kiss

So you think women don't sometimes look at men who are more handsome, hard working, richer, eloquent. ....than thier spouses? We only just decide not to cheat. We have self control.

You men throw caution to the wind in the name of "it's our nature to cheat".

If una push woman, woman go check and guess what, God created women to be crafty, a woman can cheat on you and you'll never know unless she wants to rub it on your face

Do you know you unconsciously backing up his theories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Sickle Cell Survivor Anne Welsh Celebrates At Her Baby Shower (photos) / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? / He Said He Doesn't Feel That Connection Between Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.