Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? (38530 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by NICOGRAVITY: 11:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pray for your wife to be fervently and earnestly, she needs to be transformed by the renewing of her mind. Anger rest in the heart of fools, so the bible says.
Let her always say am not a fool each time she is tempted to get angry.
She needs assurance and undiluted love from you, she needs help to overcome her past life in the area of family rejection. She must totally forgive her family, then she can be restored.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by zubinike(m): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
chocolateme:
It is well.. So na you and her pastor go dey marry her now, because finally na the pastor opinion and decision go dey rule in your marriage with her.
This is not good at all.

Sorry ma oh, if this dude is talking about third parties, who are we to him? His families or a greater third party than I thought...the truth is if what he did is worth sharing he wont hesitate to tell us straight. Or stop her from calling whosoever she wanna call. Advice him to use the theory of the thump...He should desist from what he knows could ring an alarm in his home.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by komododragons: 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
x240:
it is not your job to treat her. She has a personal disorder and anger is the only way for her to show it.

What she needs is a psychiatrist to help her overcome her anger issues. You aren't qualified enough and since you play a dominant role in her life and you are a trigger for her anger period. You aren't suited to really help her effectively.

Visiting a mental health practitioner doesn't have to be only when someone is walking unclad on the streets.

She may have chemical imbalances which doubles her anxiety levels and causes such anger episodes and may be given long term medications, things to avoid to help her overcome this.

Her own characteristics is even peculiar as she always likes to make a scene by shouting and inviting third parties. Just a warning to you.... It would aggravate if you continue with her without seeking medical help. She would drag you outside and your neighborhood would have to come settle numerous quarrels and I fear you would spiral out of control one day. Slap her to calm her down or show your superior and things might spiral out of control. It's already happening(You blocking her hands from making phone calls) What wkuld be next? Lock her indoors and wrestle her to the floor so she can't cause a scene?

Truth is, this is not something you overcome in a day. It takes years to undo 20 years of attitude, environment and nature. Stay safe.
which NAIJA WOMEN will agree that she has a mental disorder?

thank you for this statement! you said the truth and many won't agreed.

if you can't handle a woman, she will handle you. show her that you are the man! do beat her on occasional basic but not always. she will calm down by force
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by echodrum(m): 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
This lady is the type every man needs. Religious, good cook, prayerful and she gives me advise on so many occasion.
isn't it funny If that is the case why are you seeking for second opinion?? Knowing how to cook and being religious is not a criteria for a good wife. What kind of advice does she gives to you when she can not even take your own advice?? Yet she is too religious. And by the way what did bible say about anger?? Lol.
Well brother, if u are not the type that have what it takes to tolerate her temperament, you better hold your brake and think twice.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Gaskia: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bros,
a hot tempered woman is a time bomb in marriage.
Either she changes or shows genuine sign of self recognition and willingness to change OR you increase your patience level or vow to yourself to stand anything that comes out of it before you say I do.
Very few know the danger of high temper in a relationship...could be worse than infidelity at times.

Its a recipie for violence, broken home, distrust, disrespect, hate, and many others.

Above all, pray and watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by stagger: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
mencade5:
Please bear with me. The thread is a bit long. This thread is about me and not my friend. (lol)

i honestly need mature advise from the married and matured folks here.

I am in a very serious relationship with this lady. This is our 12th months together and i plan to propose to her in few months time.

I observe that she has hot temper. Each time we had little misunderstanding she flare up and wouldnt calm down for us to resolve and settle it amicably.

Being a gentleman i believe there are no perfect relationships. Quarrels and disagreements must pop up no matter what.

Yesterday we quarreled due to certain issue we had agreed on. I must confess i caused it but i was quick to realise it and apologise but she wouldnt listen. She made an attempt to call a friend of hers to report the issue. I stopped her. She again wanted to call her pastor too i blocked her hands and was surprise why she is inviting third parties to our matter. She was even voicing it out for people to hear us quarreling and i was calming her down to lower her voice.

This lady is the type every man needs. Religious, good cook, prayerful and she gives me advise on so many occasion.

Her parents are late and she was abandoned by her brothers and sisters due to change of religion. I dont know maybe this affected her attitude.

I myself i have my own wrong sides yet i am ready to accept her wrong and hope she do the same to me. But she wouldnt.

I have talked to her about her anger and made her understand that it is not good for us. Yet yesterdays event surprised me.

Please sorry about the long post. I just need advise or advises about how to handle this issue with my woman.

To add she is 23 and i am 29 years.

Brother, you will see plenty with these qualities minus the anger. Whatever you see now will be multiplied in marriage. Some of us have been in this dance for years so you can take my advice to the bank. You better pull out of that relationship because one day, the provocation may be too much and you may use physical force.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by krak101(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
mencade5:
Please bear with...To add she is 23 and i am 29 years...

well go through her surest third party n plead with him/her to advise her to always iron things out first with her hubby. If it doesn't work out then they both can mutually bring in a third party. Am sure those third parties she's always running to have their own problems
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
What kind of a pastor will always come inbetween two ppl who are dating .

3 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by godoluwa(m): 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
mencade5:
the thing surprise me ooo. I was dumbfounded when she made that move. This is about us. Why r u bringing people into our lives for such a minor issue? I told her this
marriage is a life contract & you will regret any silly mistake that you made today. shes still a kid considering her age bt if u gve her ur manhood, she wont turn her ear to you that you should put your thing inside it which means she knws right frm wrong. let her realize that you dnt want a family that will be driven by 3rd party, she must also make amendment about her anger. a woman stabbed her husband to death out of anger around february this year in ibadan. if you cant tolerate her anger & shes not ready to change, let her go her way. never marry a woman out of sympathy. be warned!
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by zubinike(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
travelxpat:
Too many singles here giving you advise @op..
I have only read your part of the story..cant say anything Against her...
But av it in mind that she is 23 and already an orphan If you act well like a father , a brother then she wont be needing her pastor again.
You love 90 percent of her attributes but the issue is her anger (haba that is the easiest to solve).she gives you advise , consoles you and also prays for you.
Leave her and jump to the next and regret it .

You deserve cold big stout..... And 4mac Donald's hot dog. Well spoken bro
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by hansad: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
yinkslinks:
Grammar. Therapist ko, rapist ni. You haven't seen women even Jesus will shake his head for grin grin grin

..... and you; another angry fellow;
didn't they teach you from the Bible not to call the name of thy Lord in vain?
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
Neverquit:
Suggest exercising, karate, judo, taekwondo to let off steam. Everybody has anger issues, we just have different ways of dealing with it. Help her find healthy ways of dealing with it

If you guys get married without settling the anger issues, I hope not to read your story on the front page...reference the IB guy that was stabbed in the neck by his 'lovely' wife lipsrsealed

Jesuzzzzz! You are very wicked! U see babe wey dey rant with her mouth alone and you are telling the OP to recommend martial art for her? So his teeth will disappear within few year of marriage
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by eagleccentric(m): 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
You wan marry woman with anger issues??

I pity you, dats all!!!

Worst thing a woman can ever have is a hot temper. Pls bro, don't go down dat road. Abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by SAEJO: 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
She should fast and pray for God to deliver her of that evil demon and you should join in the fast, she should go for deliverance in a very strong church
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by muller101(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Op run way. Last warning.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by sokera: 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
x240:
it is not your job to treat her. She has a personal disorder and anger is the only way for her to show it.

What she needs is a psychiatrist to help her overcome her anger issues. You aren't qualified enough and since you play a dominant role in her life and you are a trigger for her anger period. You aren't suited to really help her effectively.

Visiting a mental health practitioner doesn't have to be only when someone is walking unclad on the streets.

She may have chemical imbalances which doubles her anxiety levels and causes such anger episodes and may be given long term medications, things to avoid to help her overcome this.

Her own characteristics is even peculiar as she always likes to make a scene by shouting and inviting third parties. Just a warning to you.... It would aggravate if you continue with her without seeking medical help. She would drag you outside and your neighborhood would have to come settle numerous quarrels and I fear you would spiral out of control one day. Slap her to calm her down or show your superior and things might spiral out of control. It's already happening(You blocking her hands from making phone calls) What wkuld be next? Lock her indoors and wrestle her to the floor so she can't cause a scene?

Truth is, this is not something you overcome in a day. It takes years to undo 20 years of attitude, environment and nature. Stay safe.
thank you ... Picked mine from your lines
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Neverquit(f): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Omg! The training will not be directed @ him. Those classes actually teach self control...you're funny though.

ilawanson44:

Jesuzzzzz! You are very wicked! U see babe wey dey rant with her mouth alone and you are telling the OP to recommend martial art for her? So his teeth will disappear within few year of marriage
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by alizma: 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
markone and others had said a lot that I believe are enough to guide u on your next step. having said that, I want you to understand that whatever is enticing you now will not keep the relationship if not her character and I don't mean her character when the going is good but her character during those tough time of every marriage. that period when you seems to have every reason except character, to tell each other u had made wrong choice marrying each other.
will there be inner beauty to look at when physical beauty is gone?
I don't mean to scare you, spend sometimes reading post at crime forum you will discover that most people that injured or even killed their partners did such out of anger and only realise the weight of their action later.
hold the proposal thing for now and try to solve the problem on ground first. most importantly, be less emotional because marriage is not a child's play, it is a life time commitment not 5yrs project.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by kaziblake(f): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
So because of ordinary temper issue you are thinking of changing your mind? undecided

Marry her I bet she will change.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
komododragons:
which NAIJA WOMEN will agree that she has a mental disorder?

thank you for this statement! you said the truth and many won't agreed.

if you can't handle a woman, she will handle you. show her that you are the man! do beat her on occasional basic but not always. she will calm down by force
why beat any woman.

Any relationship ur in dat involves beating is unhealthy.

Any man that beats a woman is an excuse for a man
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Mrbigman1(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ginaz:
I wish I could give you advise but I'm terribly angry now myself.

Sorry. U can have my shoulder for the time to lay on.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Mrbigman1(m): 11:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
kaziblake:
So because of ordinary temper issue you are thinking of changing your mind? undecided

Marry her I bet she will change.

What re u betting with?
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Neverquit:
grin grin grin grin
Omg! The training will not be directed @ him. Those classes actually teach self control...you're funny though.

Hmmm! I doubt it o....one day, she may look for "human target" and husby is likely to be victim
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by menix(m): 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Some guyz dey try oooo..
Person see hell fire nd still contemplating playing with it...

Guy, if she is behaving like this now, I wonder what u will see when u re both married..

She will slap u publicly, disgrace you nd be sure she will also be married to her pastor nd her friends will be her Special advisers..

Well continue, I won't discourage you cous she is a virgin nd you ve small penix..
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Rotab4life: 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hmmm anger is a bad thing and will probably get worse when u marry her. Deal with it now or move on to avoid stories that touch. It might lead to violence if not curtailed
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by eenai(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bros can't you find a calm girl that is compatible with you, that is simple at heart always take things easy with you believing that she is save in ur hands and trust you? see forget all these 'she is prayerful and godly' someone that show that level of anger at a small issue should be a no no. don't say you were not warned. complex ladies are better avoided cos you will end up regretting. just my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by Rotab4life: 11:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
alizma:
markone and others had said a lot that I believe are enough to guide u on your next step. having said that, I want you to understand that whatever is enticing you now will not keep the relationship if not her character and u don't mean her character when the going is good but her character during those though time of every marriage. that period when you seems to have every reason except character, to tell each other u had made wrong choice marrying each other.
will there be inner beauty to look at when physical beauty is gone?
I don't mean to scare you, spend sometimes reading post at crime forum you will discover that most people that injured or even killed their partners did such out of anger and only realise the weight of their action later.
hold the proposal thin and try to solve the problem on ground first. most importantly, be less emotional because marriage is not a child's play, it is a life time commitment not 5yrs project.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
mencade5 where have you been? welcome back bro
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by kaziblake(f): 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mrbigman1:

What re u betting with?
Nothing but she will change.
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by patiencezee(f): 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
This op can lie ehhhnn... Stop telling false stories abeg
Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by ifihearam: 11:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
Oga..i am going through thesame situation right now..my own even destroys properties sef...that for sure i know i cant marry because 2 mad people cannot be in the same house....they might be good and loving but when offended the cant calm down nd spark like a tigress...some of you said talk to her and anger management class what if she subsides the anger and after marriage say after 2 kids the thing returns nkor? what to to...oga there is nothing like a humble nd quiet woman who does not get angry easily oooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? by vislabraye(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
mencade5:
Please bear with me. The thread is a bit long. This thread is about me and not my friend. (lol)

i honestly need mature advise from the married and matured folks here.

I am in a very serious relationship with this lady. This is our 12th months together and i plan to propose to her in few months time.

I observe that she has hot temper. Each time we had little misunderstanding she flare up and wouldnt calm down for us to resolve and settle it amicably.

Being a gentleman i believe there are no perfect relationships. Quarrels and disagreements must pop up no matter what.

Yesterday we quarreled due to certain issue we had agreed on. I must confess i caused it but i was quick to realise it and apologise but she wouldnt listen. She made an attempt to call a friend of hers to report the issue. I stopped her. She again wanted to call her pastor too i blocked her hands and was surprise why she is inviting third parties to our matter. She was even voicing it out for people to hear us quarreling and i was calming her down to lower her voice.

Her parents are late and she was abandoned by her brothers and sisters due to change of religion. I dont know maybe this affected her attitude.

I myself i have my own wrong sides yet i am ready to accept her wrong and hope she do the same to me. But she wouldnt.

I have talked to her about her anger and made her understand that it is not good for us. Yet yesterdays event surprised me.

Please sorry about the long post. I just need advise or advises about how to handle this issue with my woman.

To add she is 23 and i am 29 years.

What's the point being religious but so wild ?
If you know you can't tolerate her attitude, it's best you call it quit. No one is perfect but there are certain qualities you can manage.
Be careful so that we don't hear your story in "snap: women who kill" or "wives with knives". Btw, does she apologise for her actions ? Does she think she's always right ? These are important questions to think about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Had Put An End To My Marriage / 26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) / Higher Education And The Female Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.