Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry (1788 Views)

"Unless A Guy Asks You To Be His Girlfriend, Never Assume You Are" - Lady / 3 Categories Of Ladies You Should Never Assume Are Into You / 7 Inappropriate Things Guys Shouldn't Say To A Nigerian Lady On First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
I came across a Front Page thread titled Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the thread to read the article and follow-up comments. Before opening the thread, I anticipated that it would be something that was a product of research (since it was on FP) but I ended up being disappointed. For the sake of a better society, of which the family is an important unit, I shall address the subject.

Though I did encounter similar subject on Palmchat, I have to state that It is very inappropriate for one to assume that a man without a house and car will breed suffering children and cause unhappiness if he goes ahead to get married. This assumption is highly flawed for two major reasons

The first reason is that it wasn't a product of any research. There is no research to establish that a single broke guy is a potential poor married man if he decide to .marry without first establishing himself. on the contrary, we have seen a once poor single guy that made it big after getting married and bearing kids. One good example is former President Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan. He met his wife Patience when he was a junior lecturer in Rivers state college of Education. He had no car nor house of his in Portharcourt when he married her but he never remained in his relatively poor state. Together with his supportive wife, he rose to the positions of Deputy Director OMPADEC, Deputy Governor, Governor, Vice President, Acting President and President. Aside Jonathan, there are other prominent examples. The present Governor of Ekiti state Ayo Fayose used to be a taxi driver(even when he was married), but with support of his wife, he rose to Governor first in 2003 and later in 2014. Sen Musliu Obanikoro was a very broke man when he was a young man. A son of a tomato seller that was married with two kids and still poor. With support of his wife he never remained in such state. He not only became a Local government chairman, he also became a Commissioner, Senator, Ambassador and two time minister of this country. What about Rauf Aregbesola? Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia? Rocha's Okorocha of Imo? Or the celebrated Bola Tinubu of Lagos? Outside the political circle, we have seen men and women rise to prominence even after starting family life in penury. Some of our parents started family life in poverty and hunger but are not so today. These are practical examples and not some philosophies. Owning a House or a car was never a factor for these people.

The second flaw in that thread was that it portrays the woman to be a necessary liability in marriage and relationship. In my opinion that was an insult on female folks. Ideally, no woman is ever a liability in marriage irrespective of whether she earns through paid jobs or not. Wives and sane fiancées usually offer quality and valuable advice to their man to build them and push them up the ladder. Some ladies go beyond that to get themselves jobs or a business in order to aid the family in addition to quality advice. Wives usually advice their husbands on career choices, money management and family administration. It is an established fact that thw best adviser of any successful man is his wife. Which once upon a time determined but broke man will not advance with such woman as a wife? To women's advantage most men don't joke with the woman that contributed in his growth irrespective of whether it is financial or moral contribution. Jonathan never joked with his wife Patience despite her glaring flaws, Ayo Fayose, Obanikoro etal don't joke with their wives(a Google search will do). Even my father doesn't joke with my mother irrespective of whatever troubles that may occur.

One thing we may agree on is the fact that while every hardworking and determined young person has the potential to make it in life, it is imppssible for everyone to be financially stable at the same. However, delay in hitting big should never mean delay in starting up. A young man only need to keep working hard, earn something at the end of the day and improve on himself. Not forgetting prayer to the creator (for the religious). Opportunities will definitely come.

Finally I am not advocating that ladies only search for broke men, but saying that if a lady finds herself in love with an hardworking, dedicated but not yet made man, she should embrace him, motivate him, support him and marry him(all things being equal). It may be challenging but history has shown that it pays.

May God Bless Us With Wisdom And Crown Our Efforts

May The Good Lord Bless Nigeria

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Topestbilly(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
That's the ideology of those lazy ladies looking for ready made men and ended up being a babymama's , sidechick's , use for ritual and the fourth wife of a rich man and not recognised by her husband relatives.

Not saying you should marry a poor man cos love is blind like people say but if a man can provide your immediate needs, his determined, focus and care for you, he's better off a rich man with abusive and dictatorship marriage in the name of money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Monalisa185(f): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
you get time sf...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by powerfulsettingz: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
Thats what the hoes think

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
D girl above me is correct
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
Notice how she never talked about women bringing anything to the table, not even their support, the one thing they where built for.

I wasnt suprised though, Gold diggers can't think past a certain threshold.

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by CuteInBlack(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sound it!
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice article but you really get time undecided

Where is jadekitana and vinshu when you need them sad
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by flokii: 1:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
that's what 99.9876% of girls assume now..

gone are those days when ladies start with their guys from d scratch..

now it's heartbreak stories everywhere.. *even Tailor for "Abuja" sef dey collect Lagos hustler wife

yeah.. that's how bad it is

d main point is.. hustle to live a better life.. d right person will surely find you

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
Penisinpenisout:
Notice how she never talked about women bringing anything to the table, not even their support, the one thing they where built for.
It is unnecessary to tag any group as gold digger or whatever bro...

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
It is unnecessary to tag anybody a gold digger or whatever bro...

I don't remember tagging anyone bro..

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
flokii:
that's what 99.9876% of girls assume now..

gone are those days when ladies start with their guys from d scratch..

now it's heartbreak stories everywhere.. *even Tailor for "Abuja" sef dey collect Lagos hustler wife

yeah.. that's how bad it is

d main point is.. hustle to live a better life.. d right person will surely find you
The girls are out sisters, colleagues, cousins, friends etc.. It is our duty to continuously orientate them while working on ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

by anyone I actually mean any group...

Cheers boss
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by hob(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Gurls and their mentality
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by ojun50(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Op leave all dis people wey still they feed on there papa money
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Donnyperry(m): 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Wonderful write- up, very instructive. Woe betides the man without no story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Women of today are different from those of the past thats for damn sure
But
Haters gon hate
Tomatoes gon tomate
Gold diggers gon dig

Life goes on.
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by dammytosh: 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
@Barcanista, So with all the bread crumbs from politician's table u never buy car ? grin grin grin

I heard one honourable just bought 14million car for his girlfriend ooo go and demand your own./ cheesy grin grin. Don't worry this is your year !! cheesy cheesy

N:B Any girl can choose what life she wants as long as she will not disturb God in Shiloh or Redemption camp when she 40 without hubby. I prefer a lady go for the guy she wants ready made than go for a guy and frustrate hell out of him or send him to an early grave.

Also guys should not wait for any motivation. I was still an under graduate not knowing how God will provide dinner when i told my self i will not borrow anybody's car for wedding and yeaa i have borrowed 3 people my machine for their wedding. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by flokii: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The girls are out sisters, colleagues, cousins, friends etc.. It is our duty to continuously orientate them while working on ourselves.

yes bro..

buh will they listen?

they don't even go after "looks" or "sense" again.. now it's money

highest they will love one "cute/smart" and keep another "moneybag"

not even with d display of wealth on tv by musicians, celebs and co..

tho some still differ... d smart ones

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
cheesy grin grin grin

Let the argument begin grin

I will be the overall judge angry
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by davide470(m): 1:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Nice article bro

...but posted in the wrong section.

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
by anyone I actually mean any group...

Cheers boss

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
S
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
davide470:
Nice article bro

...but posted in the wrong section.

That's why you're here
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
dammytosh:
@Barcanista, So with all the crumbs from politician's table u never buy car ? grin grin grin

i heard one honourable just bought 14million car for his girlfriend ooo go and demand your own./ cheesy grin grin

Don't worry this is your year !! cheesy cheesy

Any girl can choose what life she wants as long as she will not disturb God in Shiloh or Redemption camp when she 40 without hubby.
Lil Na where the crumbs de? A beg o

@Dabide470 pls which is the right section? Thanks for the commendation
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Vinshu(f): 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Nice article but you really get time undecided

Where is jadekitana and vinshu when you need them sad

What do you want from me?
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by LuveU2(f): 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pls the non nigerian woman named vinshu should stop speaking for Nigerian women.

She has insulted nigerian women in one thread.

Something tells me she is upto something; probably she wants to cause division between the men and women of this forum and in extension Nigeria.

She needs to be closely monitored sad

I dont support the nonsense she concocted. It is false, preposterous and very selfish thinking.

She speaks like someone insane.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Cutehector(m): 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
U dey mind lalasticlalla? Mchew. Been puttn rubbish on d Frontpage since 2013..
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
flokii:

yes bro..

buh will they listen?

they don't even go after "looks" or "sense" again.. now it's money

highest they will love one "cute/smart" and keep another "moneybag"

not even with d display of wealth on tv by musicians, celebs and co..

tho some still differ... d smart ones
Well, they are still our sisters, cousins, friends etc so it remains our duty to orientate them hoping that they won't err..... And also we working on ourselves.
Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
Vinshu:

What do you want from me?

Defend your thread ni undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Topestbilly(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
Penisinpenisout:

Me too looking for who you tagged gold digger cool

1 Like

Re: It Is Inappropriate To Assume That A Man Without A Car Or House Should Not Marry by Realhommie(m): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nice one here, well articulated.

Was disappointed when i saw and read through that thread and to think that peepz were actually in support of the Op's flawed views, hmmmmmmm.. It's as a result of such views which has become a way of living of the present day woman (most) we have too many ill's in the society today, it's a huge problem coz it goes way beyond marriage now.

I doubt it'll change anytime soon so we (men) just have to brace up ourselves and be equal to the challenge, may God help us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What is your favorite Love Making Position? / Finally Ended The Relationship, Am A Single Man Again Congratulate Me / Am I Cool Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.