Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,299 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:54 PM

Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) (54202 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Buhari And Obama Meet At UN Headquarters (photo) / NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by abimic(m): 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
godfirstawe:
The rate at which military personnel beat up civilians these days is becoming unacceptable.

I pray member of the public /victims should take such incident up and make a scape goat out of one of them.

Nonsense!
Scape what?
Did u say goat? My brother, u and I know any area where such is perpetuated would know no peace until the regrouped army officers are satisfied. The rate at which the army deal with civilians ehn,it's so bad.when I see them, i move many miles away so that they can have enough passage way. Whoever the army beats, should just pray he or she hasn't being over beaten or else, the issue would be forgotten like that with the officer in question now still living fine as if he did nothing.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by pinkcita: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ayt27:
Why will a military officer beat a civilian? Can that happen in the U.S.A or UK? We need to get rid of "Who is your Father in this Land" mentality.

A zoo's starting to look vaguely familiar now.
Dude when you compare USA or UK to Nigeria like using your back to walk from Nigeria to South Africa, don't even think the compare...use other better African countries first then Asia,then some countries in Europe before you talk about USA or UK..Damn
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by badonkadonk: 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
RaptorX:
Let us hear word Navy man ko Navy man ni... they are all useless, Navy, Army, Airforce, Police all of them useless. Navy man that have never served on a ship only to be fighting police or civilians and this one here is feeling funky, too many illiterates in this country.

Navy men are the most disciplined of our armed forces.. It is rare that u hear of a Navy man maltreating a civilian..

But when they do.. The person should just hope he lives to give testimony..

Na army be gbogbo ero.. Their entry cut-offs are the lowest of the three tiers..

Sometimes civilians no dey watch themselves.. So they usually have maltreating coming.. That's not to say army men no dey misbehave o...

But in this case.. That woman had it coming.. She go believe and the army man clear her belief quick quick..
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nigerian men and cowardice. Someone should have at least gotten the license plate of the thug in uniform so the woman can seek redress.

3 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Oma307:
Women and pride
assuming she did according to the instruction, it wouldn't have led to this
According to which instruction? Does the soldier have any right to beat her?
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Hahahahhaha
Gallant soldier when dey fight woman
Thats a very brave thing to do if U ask me
whatever happened to an officer and a gentleman

Officer and a gentleman does not apply to Nigerian soldiers. What we have here are thugs parading as soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by udemzyudex(m): 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
Some women will just take their ignorance with them to wherever they go, she thinks the army man is her husband.... I think she deserves it, all these uniform men dislike it when u disobey their orders, simple go back and let others pass have landed her in hospital bed..... Smh
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by udemzyudex(m): 11:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
poseidon12:

According to which instruction? Does the soldier have any right to beat her?

The soldier doesn't have any right and I don't support what he did, but she caused it...
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
enoqueen:
Major

I think say na only those recruits de misbehave for public.

All the cadres are thugs. It's just that most of the time the officers get the recruits to do their dirty jobs.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Ayt27(m): 11:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
pinkcita:

Dude when you compare USA or UK to Nigeria like using your back to walk from Nigeria to South Africa, don't even think the compare...use other better African countries first then Asia,then some countries in Europe before you talk about USA or UK..Damn

Lol, no vex
Okay, I actually can't think of any country in asia except say S.K and Japan.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
lanchy:
Army should be in the barracks and they are civil servants.....servants to the people. Only in Nigeria will the servant beat up his oga without repercussion. The annoying fact is that most of you accept this willingly.

Most Nigerians accept because we have more cowards and fools here.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
brownjulie:
well am not sure of what happened, but sometimes it pays to just obey simple instructions
obedience or no obedience, security personnel dare not lay hands on civilians in d western world,,, or he faces up to 25 yrs imprisonment.. Their physical training is basically 4 warfell and other conflict related issues..

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
ManTiger:
The major must be a man from the rising sun, their cowardice knows no boundary, he has to call reinforcement before he can calm a angry woman.

May Sonponna, God of measles attack anybody that quote me and yarn rubbish while Sango, God of thunder fire any mod that ban me cos of airing my view.

That's interesting, about the people from the rising sun. The only people that have the balls to declare their own country. Do you think your people have the balls to do that? I doubt it.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by solara: 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
Freshboi:
Though I do not support beating women, the lady deserved it. Why would you obstruct traffic and decline to rectify your mistake?

Idiot... did U even bother 2 read

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
joncom:
It is quite surprising seeing people supporting the officer while blaming the woman for disobedience. But earlier today, this same people blamed some teachers for flogGing a student for disobedience. Hmmmm, double standards.

Nigerians are confused. Many of us reason like animals. Why would any civilized person support soldiers beating up a woman?

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by olisaEze(m): 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Hahahahhaha
Gallant soldier when dey fight woman
Thats a very brave thing to do if U ask me
whatever happened to an officer and a gentleman
and he even asked 2oda soldiers 2help him in beating up d woman. Gallant soldier indeed! He's mates r dying in sambisa, while he's showing off his might n power battling a woman, shameless man.

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:05am On Mar 22, 2016
lastpage:

I am forced to quote just one of the many responses, blaming and insulting the woman involved in this fracas ........ and it makes me wonder whether the QUALITY of intelligence of the average Nigerian has sunk so low that all of these responses above mine, fail to comprehend what really transpired?

Read the part l quoted above, from the original story an[b]d let us reason on it together:[/b]

1.) The women was on her side of the road - So, by LAW, she was therefore not obstructing traffic.

2.) She was asked to REVERSE... [color=#990000] and she COMPLIED by Reversing
- Shows she is a reasonable and responsible person

3.) After five Cars passed , she also felt the need to continue her own journey - This also is perfectly "legal" and within her rights.

4.) She moved on but the same people coming from the other side, manoeuvred into her lane AND REFUSED TO STOP FOR HER TO GO! - This is definitely the cause of the ensuing traffic jam (Dont forget, this woman has reversed once and allowed them to use her lane... but they wont do the same for her!)

5.) Officer came, without knowing the genesis of the problem (nor having the intelligence to ASK WHAT HAPPENED!), asked her to REVERSE, A SECOND TIME! She refused! -

Now, we should ask whether this woman has a right to also go wherever she was going or whether the other people using her lane are the only ones "in a hurry" and cant wait for her to pass, when she had waited for them to pass, despite being on her own side of the road!!
[/color]
Any sensible person who had driven on Nigerian road knows that "Most" Nigerians generally lack courtesy!
If someone extends a courtesy to you (by waiting for you to use her lane, while she waits), courtesy demands that after a few cars have passed, you also WAIT and allow the person who extended that courtesy to you, TO ALSO PASS!

But in the "typical Nigerian fashion", they dont give a hoot!

I am sure this woman too was in a hurry to go somewhere BUT SHE STILL WAITED FOR SOME CARS TO PASS!
Why cant they also wait for her to also pass?

That Major is a disgrace to himself and the military!

When the woman moved and she was blocked by oncoming vehicles, should an intelligent military officer not have approached her POLITELY and ask her WHY she thinks she should not WAIT?
If he does that, l am sure the woman would have told him that she has been waiting but they would not stop to allow her to also pass.
In typical "Zombie-fashion", he proceeded to TEAR GAS HER!

QUESTION: Will this military officer WAIT for people to pass? If he will wait, will he reverse a second time, after allowing some to pass and they wont stop for him? I bet you he wont.

I have waited (out of courtesy to other road users, at a narrow road) and l counted FORTY VEHICLES pass while l was "flashing them", to allow me to pass so l can also go my way but they refused! Infact, everyone behind me started abusing me for not "putting my head" and blocking them-off!
Eventually, l did put my vehicle (knowing what would happen next) while flashing the oncoming vehicle to stop.
He never did and came to confront me with his vehicle. (That is exactly what happened in this case also!)
Funnily, when everywhere became blocked and l asked the driver of the vehicle confronting me why he did not WAIT, when l have been waiting in the last ten minutes, he said "Why cant you wait too"?
I was shocked!

This is why l said "Most Nigerians lacked courtesy".

I dont want to give this woman any CREDIT because "she is FEMALE". That is an insult to women who are worth their salt.
But that officer, instead of behaving like a trained, educated, gentleman, he behaved like an animal that most military men are (apologies to the extremely descent ones amongst them).

Why Tear-gas the woman?
Why call two additional military recruits to beat her up?
IF she refused to reverse based on the fact that she has done so once/earlier, what does it cost the Major to ask the people on the other side to also reverse so she can go and everyone can go?
Why would someone "make way" for you on their side of the road and you think its okay to make the person wait endlessly.... withiut extending the courtesy to her as well?

Those of you insulting and criticizing the woman need to understand what happened and ask yourself honestly: Wont l do same thing?
I for one, will do exactly what she did...... and that Major will bite more than he can chew because "It is because of the 'mad man outside', that we keep even "more mad" person within/inside the compound" (An adage/proverb)

I hope the woman knows how to go about it, that Major may be demoted after a court-marshal.
He has gone beyond his remit....... even with his own wife by his side! angry angry

Lastpage!

BTW: The BEDC would be preventing the "course of Justice" by hiding the name of that officer because he came to their office to transact business. Maybe they also need to bear the brunt. undecided undecided

Right on point.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:08am On Mar 22, 2016
linusbnn:

You can be the 1st to try so. Any uniform man deserves your respect talk less of Army officer,i wonder wetin dey dat woman mind

It is fools like you that make our thugs in uniform think they are above the law.

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2016
Gofwane:
Kudos to the gallant officer. Lawlessness everywhere. I think it is high time women start receiving equal treatment with men every time they fvck up. #gender.equality.things.

I'm not a woman beater but that doesn't mean a woman should take me for granted.

You are hailing a woman beater and at the same time claiming that you are not a woman beater.
So why are you not a woman beater?

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 22, 2016
LasoulMacuby:

You are truly stupid and manner-less, if i met you offline, you would have received same beating as the woman
and do not be surprised if you happen to be the one beaten to stupor , when we meet offline.... I can make your dream come true if you so wish....

and I'll say same thing to that poster over and over again, I have no apologies, because he lacks common sense , as to think a civilian has no right to demand for equality ..... who gave those useless soldiers the right to touch her?

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:22am On Mar 22, 2016
koboko69:

Unfortunately u are the one without brains here. Is she the only one in the traffic....just 5 cars had passed and she insisted on passing. She was asked to reverse after she blocked the road. Simply means the people behind her even gave enough space. I don't know where the teargas story came from...teargas is not part of military fatigue.... And trust me...if teargas was used on her....she wouldn't even be balanced enough to even make any move for more than 30mins.

Stop being silly. It seems you are one of the thugs in uniform who think they are above the law. It's people like you that give Nigeria the image of a zoo. What right does the major have to beat up the woman? When he is caught and brought to trial he will deny ever hitting the woman. Nigerian soldiers are bunch of cowards.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Trust77: 12:22am On Mar 22, 2016
The woman got what she deserve. Women are so annoying on the road. Kudos to the Army Major. The pride of the Nation. Victory is from the Lord alone
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2016
promzy555:
I totally supported d major, don't care to know wat happened. How can a uniform man gives instruction and she refuse to obey. Dats y u see civilians nt respecting our policemen, d only uniform men we civilians respect one woman frm no whr wan fall d major hand.na small she get. Women like dat don't respect their husband @ home, guess her huby will b dancing by now.

So you will obey any instruction from a uniformed man? So if a uniformed man asks you to jump into a fire, you will obey because he is in uniform. Nigeria I hail thee. Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:30am On Mar 22, 2016
joxiri:

Why do people keep saying lack of patience on the woman's path
Didn't they read the passage
It's simple comprehension
She had already reversed and waited for 5 cars
She was just unfortunate the 6th car was army any other civilian would have reversed for her, bearing in mind she had reversed and waited for 5 cars
I really hope the governor or a top general can see this story and use it as an example
Worse case they forced her into her car and ordered her to leave why beat her
We have been oppressed too long in Nigeria if everybody stood up for their rights like this woman did, Nigeria won't be as bad as it is today
It's so sad that we are so scared on the road even on social media people can't even say what is right and wrong

Don't mind the fools. We have too many of them in this country. I am impressed by the woman's bravery. I hope she takes legal action against the thugs that beat her.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by tirex(m): 12:37am On Mar 22, 2016
godfirstawe:
The rate at which military personnel beat up civilians these days is becoming unacceptable.

I pray member of the public /victims should take such incident up and make a scape goat out of one of them.

Nonsense!

Amen oh. I sincerely hope for such to happen...
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:52am On Mar 22, 2016
badonkadonk:

Navy men are the most disciplined of our armed forces.. It is rare that u hear of a Navy man maltreating a civilian..

But when they do.. The person should just hope he lives to give testimony..

Na army be gbogbo ero.. Their entry cut-offs are the lowest of the three tiers..

Sometimes civilians no dey watch themselves.. So they usually have maltreating coming.. That's not to say army men no dey misbehave o...

But in this case.. That woman had it coming.. She go believe and the army man clear her belief quick quick..

Hey dude, there is no professionalism in any of the branches of the Nigerian military. Whether it is the navy, air force, or army, they are all thugs and they all think they are above the law.
You claim the navy is the most disciplined and yet you still said that when they beat a civilian, the civilian should hope he lives to give testimony. I wonder what your definition of being disciplined is.
It is unheard-of in civilized countries that a civilian is beaten up by the military. You and your fellow thugs in uniform need to learn a little more about the military of civilized countries. We should all be striving to get civilized and not get stuck in barbarism.

4 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by poseidon12: 12:59am On Mar 22, 2016
PaulKillerman:
and do not be surprised if you happen to be the one beaten to stupor , when we meet offline.... I can make your dream come true if you so wish....

and I'll say same thing to that poster over and over again, I have no apologies, because he lacks common sense , as to think a civilian has no right to demand for equality ..... who gave those useless soldiers the right to touch her?

Don't mind the fools. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up holding the same passport with some people. People reasoning like cavemen.

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by ronaldbecky(m): 1:15am On Mar 22, 2016
lolz e get how d story b...d nigga used teargas 4 d madam
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by RaptorX: 1:41am On Mar 22, 2016
poseidon12:

Hey dude, there is no professionalism in any of the branches of the Nigerian military. Whether it is the navy, air force, or army, they are all thugs and they all think they are above the law.
You claim the navy is the most disciplined and yet you still said that when they beat a civilian, the civilian should hope he lives to give testimony. I wonder what your definition of being disciplined is.
It is unheard-of in civilized countries that a civilian is beaten up by the military. You and your fellow thugs in uniform need to learn a little more about the military of civilized countries. We should all be striving to get civilized and not get stuck in barbarism.
Sometimes reading the comments here when cases like this happens gives the impression the average Nigerian have been so oppressed they now supports their oppressors. That one talking about Nigerian Navy being the most disciplined is laughable, most members of the Nigerian armed forces are nothing but a bunch of thugs that thinks they are above the law, I have seen a senior US military personnel got into an automobile accident with a civilian and waited patiently on the scene until police arrives before they exchanged insurance information. Nigeria is basically an uncivilized place.

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by jonnieoneng: 3:41am On Mar 22, 2016
brownjulie:
well am not sure of what happened, but sometimes it pays to just obey simple instructions

Good bless u my sister.I don't support the Soldiers 4 what they did.But arguing with a Soldier......THAT IS D HIEGHT OF STUPIDITY?!!!!!!%?*:.$&@#
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Pidggin(f): 3:51am On Mar 22, 2016
Oma307:
Women and pride
assuming she did according to the instruction, it wouldn't have led to this

Have you heard the word "Intimidation"? Okay, Justify the reason why despite himself and his wife fighting the woman, he had to further seek the help of two other army men to join them in the fight, plus using tear gas on her?

If it wasn't for the reinforcement he called, it seems the woman would have even beaten him to a pulp, be guided in your statements
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by IYANGBALI: 3:52am On Mar 22, 2016
The man should not have beated her now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Peter Obi / Amaechi Fainted, Was On Drip As Osinbajo Was Made VP To Buhari - Magnus Abe / Mr Ibu, Harry B Anyanwu Endorse Tinubu For 2023 Presidency (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.