Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,774 members, 7,955,955 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) (54210 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Buhari And Obama Meet At UN Headquarters (photo) / NOCSON Protest At BEDC, Edo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by sylaz(m): 3:53am On Mar 22, 2016
'galant soldier' my ass

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by jonnieoneng: 3:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Ighoga898:

obedience or no obedience, security personnel dare not lay hands on civilians in d western world,,, or he faces up to 25 yrs imprisonment.. Their physical training is basically 4 warfell and other conflict related issues..

SHARAP UR MOUTH MY FRIEND.U TALK AS IF WE DONT WATCH CNN AND AL-JAZEERA TO SEE HOW POLICEMEN TREAT BLACKS IN AMERICA AND EUROPE.THE LADY ONLY PAID 4 HER FOOLISHNESS.SHE DARE TO FORM ACTIVIST WITH SOOJA OF ALL PEOPLE......SOOJA!
SHE DOESN'T DESERVE ANY PITY.SHE MUST BE ONE OF THOSE
WOMEN WHO HARASSES THEIR HUSBAND.WON TREAT TI FORK UP UEEEE.

2 Likes

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by jonnieoneng: 4:10am On Mar 22, 2016
Pidggin:

Have you heard the word "Intimidation"? Okay, Justify the reason why despite himself and his wife fighting the woman, he had to further seek the help of two other army men to join them in the fight, plus using tear gas on her? Be guided in your statement

IT IS ATTITUDE LIKE THIS THAT GETS PEOPLE BEAT UR.A MAJOR WILL NEVER FIGHT A CIVILIAN WHEN THERE ARE JUNIOR OFFICERS AROUND.HE DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL THEM, THEY WILL GLADLY BEAT UP ANY ONE WHO EMBARASSES THEIR OGA.LET US CALL A SPADE BY ITS NAME,THIS WOMAN WAS FOOLISH.THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT THE SHI'ITE IN KADUNA DID AND THEY DIED IN THEIR HUNDREDS.SHE SHOULD HAVE LEARNT FROM HISTORY.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by jonnieoneng: 4:15am On Mar 22, 2016
pinkcita:

Dude when you compare USA or UK to Nigeria like using your back to walk from Nigeria to South Africa, don't even think the compare...use other better African countries first then Asia,then some countries in Europe before you talk about USA or UK..Damn

MISTER MAN PLS STOP PLAYING I BETA PASS MY NIEGHBOUR.USA WEY POLICE DEY KILL BLACKS!
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Pidggin(f): 4:19am On Mar 22, 2016
jonnieoneng:

IT IS ATTITUDE LIKE THIS THAT GETS PEOPLE BEAT UR.A MAJOR WILL NEVER FIGHT A CIVILIAN WHEN THERE ARE JUNIOR OFFICERS AROUND.HE DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL THEM, THEY WILL GLADLY BEAT UP ANY ONE WHO EMBARASSES THEIR OGA.LET US CALL A SPADE BY ITS NAME,THIS WOMAN WAS FOOLISH.THIS WAS EXACTLY WHAT THE SHI'ITE IN KADUNA DID AND THEY DIED IN THEIR HUNDREDS.SHE SHOULD HAVE LEARNT FROM HISTORY.

Did you skip the part where it was written that he fought the lady with his wife, used tear gas on her, and called two army officers to join him? Or you prefer making up your own story about the incident.

It is really disappointing that people are so messed up that they can support things like this
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by sunshine1974(m): 4:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Flexherbal:
From this story, who do we blame?
the woman biko....,some women like to show demselves.,,,,,she simply got served, the army will always protect its own in matters like dis
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 22, 2016
RaptorX:
Sometimes reading the comments here when cases like this happens gives the impression the average Nigerian have been so oppressed they now supports their oppressors. That one talking about Nigerian Navy being the most disciplined is laughable, most members of the Nigerian armed forces are nothing but a bunch of thugs that thinks they are above the law, I have seen a senior US military personnel got into an automobile accident with a civilian and waited patiently on the scene until police arrives before they exchanged insurance information. Nigeria is basically an uncivilized place.

U know the averge Nigerian is no better than a donkey.
I wonder where the women rights activists are

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by agarawu23(m): 6:25am On Mar 22, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Nigeria is full of commotion, disorderliness, gra, gra, stress, frustration & poverty, sometimes a very minor issue that can be resolved with mere "I AM SORRY " can lead to death, what a country?......
as in eh.... The thing tire me angry
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Krismart(m): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2016
Nigerians and impatience. Wat wouldn't HV taken her 2 to 3 minutes, she is now in d hospital with injuries and damaged car

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by 4nobody4every1: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2016
agarawu23:
as in eh.... The thing tire me angry
Na so oo, the word " I AM SORRY " if often used among-st Nigerians will resolve issues faster before it deteriorates into something else cool
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Istand4justice: 7:11am On Mar 22, 2016
charliboy654:

At least u admit gej misused the army. I don't kw whether pmb use the Amy to rig election or not. And I don't support army beating civilians. But this brutality has always been happening in Nigeria even from the time of obj. My point is, not every thing is political, this was just a misunderstanding between an army and a woman in Benin over road traffic. I don't see how one wud relate this as buhari fault. The army has always been misusing their power even b4 buhari entered office. The army has even use me to shine, if u kw wat I mean.

There is a reason why there is rule of law you were making sense till when you mentioned u don't know whether pmb used soldiers to rig but u knew jonathan used soldiers to rig right? guy emancipate yourself from that mental slavery no politician is worth defending buhari after reading a forced speech during campaign has been showing us his real side little by little during his recent interview why didn't the soldiers who were supposed to maintain law and order detain her and charge her to court for violence if you support the soldiers in what the did then you need reorientation on what maintaining law and order is.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Highvotage: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2016
Istand4justice:
Just look at Nigeria under Buhari even our right to live has been collected from us

Fool, so its Buhari that told her not to obey traffic rule or can she try that with common lasman in Lagos.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by philosopy: 7:23am On Mar 22, 2016
The military should go back to the barracks
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 22, 2016
jonnieoneng:

SHARAP UR MOUTH MY FRIEND.U TALK AS IF WE DONT WATCH CNN AND AL-JAZEERA TO SEE HOW POLICEMEN TREAT BLACKS IN AMERICA AND EUROPE.THE LADY ONLY PAID 4 HER FOOLISHNESS.SHE DARE TO FORM ACTIVIST WITH SOOJA OF ALL PEOPLE......SOOJA!
i just wish d woman in question was ur mother...
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2016
Oma307:
Women and pride
assuming she did according to the instruction, it wouldn't have led to this
God bless u for this piece.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2016
The Lady is at fault, she caused everything herself, she deserves wat she got.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by cardoctor(m): 7:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Only in naija
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by richiepolymer(m): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
dre11:
Army officer, woman fight over right of way in Benin

http://tribuneonlineng.com/army-officer-woman-clash-at-bedc-headquarters

Pic: The Damaged car of Mrs Agboghide.

Serves the woman right. She was impatient. We are always like that. Nigerians won't just have patience. The next thing is to scratch the next bumper and start speaking English. She even had the guts to engage a military officer? She be dey find obituary be dat. Nonsense. This is not a case of military oppression but a military man stepping in to solve traffic situation as we openly disobey and disrespect every other uniform.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Brigadier7(m): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
boujaye:
what pride? the soldier was only trying to pave way for himself to pass with his car. the high rate of uniformed men brutality of civilians is totally unacceptable. the national assembly must look into it.
seems you don't understand the story!! Take a glass juice, sit down and relax then read It again
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Rick9(m): 7:46am On Mar 22, 2016
Army go just dey beat people anyhow, you can't try such in the US
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Brigadier7(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2016
jonnieoneng:

I agree with you except for the "Police and Black"" ish in America!! Let's not just go there because, an average black american lives in the street and is drug addicted and violent!! So when you say American police "treat blacks"" bad! Its actually the blacks that lives on the streets! Not those that got honest living
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by cococandy(f): 7:53am On Mar 22, 2016
Obviously folks are blaming her because she's a woman. Of course she's supposed to sit in traffic and wait forever because of that.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by xxgig(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Ayt27:
Why will a military officer beat a civilian? Can that happen in the U.S.A or UK? We need to get rid of "Who is your Father in this Land" mentality.

A zoo's starting to look vaguely familiar now.

And a US or UK citizen will not wilfully dis obey the instructions of an officer trying to help a situation.

1 Like

Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by linusbnn(m): 7:56am On Mar 22, 2016
poseidon12:

It is fools like you that make our thugs in uniform think they are above the law.

Why must you insult me?
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by linusbnn(m): 8:00am On Mar 22, 2016
godfirstawe:

What are you trying to say?

Because we should respect soldiers, impunity should he condoned in the society?

Are we living in the 21st century or we justified "the zoo" some school of thought called this Republic?

In a country where there is no respect for law and you act as if the law is been obeyed,SORRY is your case like the woman in the hospital. Moreover, the army officer did not just go and started beating the woman,she was beaten because of disobedient. You will only end up a VICTIM.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by linusbnn(m): 8:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Rick9:
Army go just dey beat people anyhow, you can't try such in the US

Disobedience is the reason the world is like this today,to tell you that the woman deserves more. In a traffic situation,when an ordinary man gives u instruction on how to park, drive etc,you obey talkless of an army officer. Abeggi
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by brownjulie(f): 8:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Ighoga898:

obedience or no obedience, security personnel dare not lay hands on civilians in d western world,,, or he faces up to 25 yrs imprisonment.. Their physical training is basically 4 warfell and other conflict related issues..
am not supporting the personnel, all am saying is that the pain that woman is going through on the hospital bed would have been avoided if she obeyed... what if she died? obedience is better than sacrifice they say...
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Temibassie(f): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=lastpage post=43986959]

I am forced to quote just one of the many responses, blaming and insulting the woman involved in this fracas ........ and it makes me wonder whether the QUALITY of intelligence of the average Nigerian has sunk so low that all of these responses above mine, fail to comprehend what really transpired?

Read the part l quoted above, from the original story an[b]d let us reason on it together:[/b]

1.) The women was on her side of the road - So, by LAW, she was therefore not obstructing traffic.

2.) She was asked to REVERSE... [color=#990000] and she COMPLIED by Reversing
- Shows she is a reasonable and responsible person

3.) After five Cars passed , she also felt the need to continue her own journey - This also is perfectly "legal" and within her rights.

4.) She moved on but the same people coming from the other side, manoeuvred into her lane AND REFUSED TO STOP FOR HER TO GO! - This is definitely the cause of the ensuing traffic jam (Dont forget, this woman has reversed once and allowed them to use her lane... but they wont do the same for her!)

5.) Officer came, without knowing the genesis of the problem (nor having the intelligence to ASK WHAT HAPPENED!), asked her to REVERSE, A SECOND TIME! She refused! -

Now, we should ask whether this woman has a right to also go wherever she was going or whether the other people using her lane are the only ones "in a hurry" and cant wait for her to pass, when she had waited for them to pass, despite being on her own side of the road!!
[/color]
Any sensible person who had driven on Nigerian road knows that "Most" Nigerians generally lack courtesy!
If someone extends a courtesy to you (by waiting for you to use her lane, while she waits), courtesy demands that after a few cars have passed, you also WAIT and allow the person who extended that courtesy to you, TO ALSO PASS!

But in the "typical Nigerian fashion", they dont give a hoot!

I am sure this woman too was in a hurry to go somewhere BUT SHE STILL WAITED FOR SOME CARS TO PASS!
Why cant they also wait for her to also pass?

That Major is a disgrace to himself and the military!

When the woman moved and she was blocked by oncoming vehicles, should an intelligent military officer not have approached her POLITELY and ask her WHY she thinks she should not WAIT?
If he does that, l am sure the woman would have told him that she has been waiting but they would not stop to allow her to also pass.
In typical "Zombie-fashion", he proceeded to TEAR GAS HER!

QUESTION: Will this military officer WAIT for people to pass? If he will wait, will he reverse a second time, after allowing some to pass and they wont stop for him? I bet you he wont.

I have waited (out of courtesy to other road users, at a narrow road) and l counted FORTY VEHICLES pass while l was "flashing them", to allow me to pass so l can also go my way but they refused! Infact, everyone behind me started abusing me for not "putting my head" and blocking them-off!
Eventually, l did put my vehicle (knowing what would happen next) while flashing the oncoming vehicle to stop.
He never did and came to confront me with his vehicle. (That is exactly what happened in this case also!)
Funnily, when everywhere became blocked and l asked the driver of the vehicle confronting me why he did not WAIT, when l have been waiting in the last ten minutes, he said "Why cant you wait too"?
I was shocked!

This is why l said "Most Nigerians lacked courtesy".

I dont want to give this woman any CREDIT because "she is FEMALE". That is an insult to women who are worth their salt.
But that officer, instead of behaving like a trained, educated, gentleman, he behaved like an animal that most military men are (apologies to the extremely descent ones amongst them).

Why Tear-gas the woman?
Why call two additional military recruits to beat her up?
IF she refused to reverse based on the fact that she has done so once/earlier, what does it cost the Major to ask the people on the other side to also reverse so she can go and everyone can go?
Why would someone "make way" for you on their side of the road and you think its okay to make the person wait endlessly.... withiut extending the courtesy to her as well?

Those of you insulting and criticizing the woman need to understand what happened and ask yourself honestly: Wont l do same thing?
I for one, will do exactly what she did...... and that Major will bite more than he can chew because "It is because of the 'mad man outside', that we keep even "more mad" person within/inside the compound" (An adage/proverb)

I hope the woman knows how to go about it, that Major may be demoted after a court-marshal.
He has gone beyond his remit....... even with his own wife by his side! angry angry

Lastpage!

BTW: The BEDC would be preventing the "course of Justice" by hiding the name of that officer because he came to their office to transact business. Maybe they also need to bear the brunt. undecided undecided[/quote

God bless you plentiful
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 22, 2016
poseidon12:
Nigerian men and cowardice. Someone should have at least gotten the license plate of the thug in uniform so the woman can seek redress.
What does this has to do with men. Abi u did not hear of he female cadet that beat up a guy because he complimented her.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by creativity4real: 8:27am On Mar 22, 2016
EreluY:
O ma se o. Ni ijosi, awon agba a fi epe ran'se si iru sooja yi. Beeni ori re yoo daru, ti yoo ma rin hoho kaakiri igboro, ti yoo maa r'erin muse-muse, ti yoo ma s'ale je. Nigba naa ni awon oga re yoo ba le kuro ninu ise ologun. Aso bo lorun re niyen. Yoo ba wo'gbo lo.
better comment in english or it'll soon be your turn! grin
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by simplygreat(m): 8:35am On Mar 22, 2016
I was there Live and i saw it all. The Army Officer and the Woman were wrong as they both acted angrily. The woman insulted the army officer and even threw real punches at the man and tried to initially break his side mirror she wanted 2 enter his car if when d man attempted to leave. The soldiers at d scene never beat d woman as the Writer has said rather they even told her n pleaded that they would not like to touch her even when she held one of them at the neck with his cloth. the only thing i feel d soldierz dint do right is they couldnt hold their Superior when he lost his temper at the woman.The army officer i must admit tried his best 2 control his anger and leave the scene. I must admit it that he tried but the woman really provoked him and even when he tried 2 flee in his car d woman chased him and broke his rear wind screen. it was at this point that he lost his cool and over reacted by coming down from his vehicle and whipping the woman with koboko since she didnt want him to leave in peace. he really whipped her and his wife sprayed her pepperspray and then he smashed her two windscreens and drove off.

The Woman should have allowed peace to reign wen she was asked to reverse. she would have not gotten that sort of public embarassment but she wanted to show power as nigerians usually do wen dey want to intimidate others. its just that what came her way over flooded and swallowed her. Poor Woman she shouldnt have provoked the man so much. A little 5 mins reverse could have saved d day and also if she listened wen d soldiers and people pleaded with her to calm down.
Re: Army Officer, Woman Clash At BEDC Headquarters (photo) by Ayt27(m): 8:38am On Mar 22, 2016
xxgig:

And a US or UK citizen will not wilfully dis obey the instructions of an officer trying to help a situation.

Uhm actually...... they can,could,will,have and might not. But a military man would never ever beat them.

The case of a Policeman beating a girl(black) got so much wide-spread attention, it brought the American police force to order......now imagine if that happened with a texas born caucasian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Fainted, Was On Drip As Osinbajo Was Made VP To Buhari - Magnus Abe / Mr Ibu, Harry B Anyanwu Endorse Tinubu For 2023 Presidency (Photos, Video) / Reno Omokri Apologizes To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.