Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? (13822 Views)

Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women / This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Getikebusy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
hahahahaha
really?

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Lynuch(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Very funny

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by kennyman2000(m): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
Lol..
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Mbediogu(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pineapp:
Considering the painful cramps that accompany menstruation,do you think it makes sense to ask or be granted leave?

Five days monthly amounts to w months per year.
Add 30 days annual leave.
Add 7 days casual leave per annum.
Add 12 WEEKS maternity leave every year or every other year.
Sooner or later employers will start rejecting married women unless they are menopausal.
Quote me but do not say I told you.

3 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by opey112(m): 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Cutehector:
Adam did not force eve to eat Dat fruit. cool

So my answer is no!

Infact, ladies will abuse it if it's gvn a chance.
your head dey there...
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by onyee25(f): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
no its not necessary

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by uracocksucker: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pineapp:
Considering the painful cramps that accompany menstruation,do you think it makes sense to ask or be granted leave?
not everyone gets cramps

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Gaskia: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
With the new 'Panadol Extra' and "Always Ultra", I dont think menstrual leave is necessary.

Panadol extra kills menstrual pains while Always ulltra keeps safe and dry all day.

Instead of attempting to fight corruption with EFCC and DSS only, try technology, it works!
: NOI, 2016.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by TheProphetess(f): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
No. It's not needed. A period does not make one incapable of working. Useless issues like this trivialize the real issues women (and some men) are facing in society.

If the woman is having serious pains she can say that she is sick and maybe not come for one day. But for the whole thing? No way.

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
I hope u are not part of the ghost workers, just asking
Dyt:
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Are u speaking from experience?
Gaskia:
With the new 'Panadol Extra' and "Always Ultra", I dont think menstrual leave is necessary.

Panadol extra kills menstrual pains while Always ulltra keeps safe and dry all day.

Instead of attempting to fight corruption with EFCC and DSS only, try technology, it works!
: NOI, 2016.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
I also suggest Make-up leave

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
It would be moronic however it could be given to women who experience abnormal pain during menses (Endometrisis)

...I'm drawing conclusions that majority of the commenters so far, are ignorant of the fact that menstruating is an entirely painless process; neither does it hinder a working woman from performing her duties, except in rare cases of dysmenorrhea & umm umm...whatchamacallit?....

...it's like saying men should be granted office leave whenever they have to pee...

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by NaWetinDey(m): 2:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Why not geant them 'makeup' and 'runs' leave and then grant men 'konji' and 'everyotherthing' leave?
Yeye dey smell.
Na that thing in between woman legs go kill some of una advocates...

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
TheProphetess:
No. It's not needed. A period does not make one incapable of working. Useless issues like this trivialize the real issues women (and some men) are facing in society

If the woman is having serious pains she can say that she is sick and maybe not come for one day. But for the whole thing? No way.

...it's a stratagem by the sexist OP to take subliminal jabs at y'all...it's quite obvious...grin
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Wowzer(m): 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
Menstrual leave....Lol. Nairaland.

Women with Polymenorrhea, Metrorraghia, DUB will need frequent and longer leave. Some will even want to turn to woman with issue of blood...just to get longer leave.

Whoever brought up this idea must be suffering from cerebral menstruation and needs cerebral leave. ( Induced Coma).

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by alaskido(m): 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
My response is CAPITAL NO. What nonsense Menstrual Leave. Na only them dey bleed? We men bleed also through our pockets because of these women. If they get Menstrual leave, we too will get ejaculating leave.

3 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 2:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
Yh, maybe on d first n second day sha. But some women will still capitalise on dat n be using d tym to attend dia owambes.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by SlazzyK(m): 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
[size=20pt]Hell to the No! [/size]
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by joseph1832(m): 2:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...I'm drawing conclusions that majority of the commenters so far, are ignorant of the fact that menstruating is an entirely painless process; neither does it hinder a working woman from performing her duties, except in rare cases of dysmenorrhea & umm umm...whatchamacallit?....

...it's like saying men should be granted office leave whenever they have to pee...
At the emboldened, how do you know? Have you experienced menstrual pains before? Do you have a vagina?

Is it proper for one to speak of something one hasn't experienced before?

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by ujezeez(m): 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Should men be granted 'konji' leave?....

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by darlenese(f): 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2016
Rubbish

If they have their personal business , do you think they 'll close their shops because they have menstrual pain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

This is wehat you get when some men try to speak on behalf of women. grin

It is an insult. It is surprising no one has insulted the op yet.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2016
joseph1832:
At the emboldened, how do you know? Have you experienced menstrual pains before? Do you have a vagina?

Is it proper for one to speak of something one hasn't experienced before?

It is relatively painless. There are few jabs here and there but in most cases, they aren't serious enough to abandon life for bedroom

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Seriously?!

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by joseph1832(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

It is relatively painless. There are few jabs here and there but in most cases, they aren't serious enough to abandon life for bedroom
I've seen girls who go from active to inactive when they're in that time of the month. Some even fall sick, some complain of stomach ache, some complain of waist pain etc.

My ex told me menstrual circle is not the same in every woman as some don't even feel anything, while its a nightmare for some.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by mikkybankz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Menstrual Leave kor? Erect Dick leave ni

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

Some menstrual cramps can be crazy, talking from experience. Lots of women have dysmennorhea while some are fortunate not to. But with analgesics and antispasmodics and your warm drinks you should be good to go, but some people have it bad. I know someone who'll be crying rolling on the floor when she menstruates and nothing is supposedly wrong with her reproductive organs.

I don't see a need for such leave though. This thread almost made me speechless.

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by kodlins(f): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
no please.

Further reduces the chances of women being employed

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Some menstrual cramps can be crazy, talking from experience. Lots of women have dysmennorhea while some are fortunate not to. But with analgesics and antispasmodics and your warm drinks you should be good to go, but some people have it bad. I know someone who'll be crying rolling on the floor when she menstruates and nothing is supposedly wrong with her reproductive organs.

I don't see a need for such leave though. This thread almost made me speechless.

I know that some cramps require staying in but for most women, I don't think so
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...it's a stratagem by the sexist OP to take subliminal jabs at y'all...it's quite obvious...grin
Yeye Op. I had a feeling this thread was started to insult women. Maybe I should start a thread titled: "Should men be given konji leave?" Afterall the cases of rape are increasing everyday so why not let's give them konji leave to get ashawo so that they won't molest innocent women anyhow?
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by HaneefahRN(f): 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

I know that some cramps require staying in but for most women, I don't think so

Sure. Don't know how someone cld even think that up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? / I Returned Excess Payment At Work / My Journey Into Yahoo Plus, How It All Started In Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.