Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? (13823 Views)

Zambia Grants Menstrual Monthly Holiday To Women / This Company Has Introduced Menstrual Leave Policy / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by livinbygrace: 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pineapp:
Considering the painful cramps that accompany menstruation,do you think it makes sense to ask or be granted leave?

Confused set of people and at the same time they are clamoring for equality..Men ,should seek for Sperm Leave..Nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dont know why the guys are angry lol
Its no bodys fault that womn mensturate
In the olden days women having their periods dont cook for their husbands, they are like exempted from their duties
Some ladies experience serious cramp, some heavy flow. An employee who is only there for appearance sake and not contributing or unproductive for a day or two might as well stay home.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by shearer1982(m): 4:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Later they will be clamoring for gender equality, instead of that why not take your normal casual leave.!

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Molake94(m): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dyt:
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss
U dey vex ooooo
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pineapp:
Considering the painful cramps that accompany menstruation,do you think it makes sense to ask or be granted leave?
if I hear ! No b only menstrual leave, y not erection leave.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
This is the only thing I hate about being female, Mtcheww and the annoying art is that is every month fa...

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by ddjay: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dyt:
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssss
If you will agree to prove it
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by ddjay: 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Deejacy2:
This is the only thing I hate about being female, Mtcheww and the annoying art is that is every month fa...
Blame eve
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Ifebazz(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pineapp:
Why should they be granted even maternity leave? I thought they are fighting for 'gender equality'? After all men don't get non of these let everyone be equal nau.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
joseph1832:
I've seen girls who go from active to inactive when they're in that time of the month. Some even fall sick, some complain of stomach ache, some complain of waist pain etc.

My ex told me menstrual circle is not the same in every woman as some don't even feel anything, while its a nightmare for some.

It is true that you feel unwilling to do anything however it does not mean that you cannot be active.

Personally, I think it is a psychological reaction.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
nepapole:
Women shudnt work in d first place....na y job no even dey for man again...even mechanic work....they don dey do am.

Do us a favour grin

Go and stop working women na

Sexist ***!
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by fiponmile(m): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
NO
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by xendra: 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Ifebazz:

Why should they be granted even maternity leave? I thought they are fighting for 'gender equality'? After all men don't get non of these let everyone be equal nau.
Ozuo
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by nepapole(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

Do us a favour grin

Go and stop working women na

Sexist ***!
I will try my best ma.. tongue
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by eminent007(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
It would be moronic however it could be given to women who experience abnormal pain during menses (Endometrisis)

Confusionist spotted cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
eminent007:

Confusionist spotted cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

explain
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
joseph1832:
At the emboldened, how do you know?

...I read wide on a variety of subjects daily...

joseph1832:

Have you experienced menstrual pains before?

...not directly, but by reading, and of course, by coming in contact with menstruating ladies & hearing them recount their tales...call it experience by vicarious media.

joseph1832:

Do you have a vagina?

...JAMB question...

joseph1832:

Is it proper for one to speak of something one hasn't experienced before?

...have you experienced Boko Haram's terrorism firsthand or in person before, asides from what you see on TV or in the papers?; answer is no, but you still discuss freely about the matter right?

...like I said, menstruation is painless, unless the lady's ladened with some sort of clitoral infection; or suffers from dysmenorrhea.

fellis:

Yeye Op. I had a feeling this thread was started to insult women. Maybe I should start a thread titled: "Should men be given konji leave?" Afterall the cases of rape are increasing everyday so why not let's give them konji leave to get ashawo so that they won't molest innocent women anyhow?

...try not to get lynched after you've created the topic...grin

daretodiffer:

This is wehat you get when some men try to speak on behalf of women. grin

It is an insult. It is surprising no one has insulted the op yet.

...come on, that's basic knowledge; why are you treating it like some esoteric info only a selected few(females) should be privy to?..cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by eminent007(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

explain

Let's not worry. It will only cause more confusion.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Khal5: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
It's done in China already
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
eminent007:

Let's not worry. It will only cause more confusion.
You don't have anything to say.

Please let me be!
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by eminent007(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
daretodiffer:

You don't have anything to say.

Please let me be!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Some menstrual cramps can be crazy, talking from experience. Lots of women have dysmennorhea while some are fortunate not to. But with analgesics and antispasmodics and your warm drinks you should be good to go, but some people have it bad. I know someone who'll be crying rolling on the floor when she menstruates and nothing is supposedly wrong with her reproductive organs.

I don't see a need for such leave though. This thread almost made me speechless.

...you can easily tell that the OP was thoroughly bored...

>>Khal5<< it hasn't been enacted by the Chinese government yet. I only know of such leaves granted in Taiwan, Korea and the Philippines...and I read sometime ago that it's also mandatory for females that work for Nike...
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Dexema(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2016
and guys would be granted konji leave abi
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by joseph1832(m): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...I read wide on a variety of subjects daily...
Well so do I. But that doesn't mean you know what/how it feels like dripping blood from your crotch.

...not directly, but by reading, and of course, by coming in contact with menstruating ladies & hearing them recount their tales...call it experience by vicarious media.
I've heard ladies and know ladies who give or say different things about menstruation. Which of course, doesn't conform to what you said earlier that warranted me quoting you.

...JAMB question...
Rather post UME question.

...have you experienced Boko Haram's terrorism firsthand or in person before, asides from what you see on TV or in the papers?; answer is no, but you still discuss freely about the matter right?
Like Pen said in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, "assumption is the mother of all _fuck-ups". I've experienced Boko Haram before. I served in the north, so I can speak first hand about things... I know what its like scurrying for safety when the bogey man comes knocking.

...like I said, menstruation is painless, unless the lady's ladened with some sort of clitoral infection; or suffers from dysmenorrhea.

So, you can't generalize. Experiences differ when it comes to menstruation...
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by tohpahz(f): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hell no..
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
joseph1832:

I've heard ladies and know ladies who give or say different things about menstruation. Which of course, doesn't conform to what you said earlier that warranted me quoting you.
So, you can't generalize. Experiences differ when it comes to menstruation...

...you are talking off point & confusing yourself...I never generalised it; I merely said menstruation, ceteris paribus, is painless. That's not an assumption, that's a well-established & empirical fact...use your search engines and stop being lazy...

...the ladies that made those complaints to you fall into the category of the exceptional cases that I initially capitulated; i.e those suffering from dysmenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome(PMS), and premenstrual dysphonic disorder(PMDD)...

...some men experience penile pangs when ejaculatïng, does that portend that the release of semināl flüid in general is a painful process, just because of 2 out of 10 cases of such occurrence? ....use logos not pathos when arguing a point...

...anyway, I've got a proposition for you...I would send you a pm later...
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by joseph1832(m): 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2016
darkenedrebel:

...you are talking off point & confusing yourself...I never generalised it; I merely said menstruation, ceteris paribus, is painless. That's not an assumption, that's a well-established & empirical fact...use your search engines and stop being lazy...

...the ladies that made those complaints to you fall into the category of the exceptional cases that I initially capitulated; i.e those suffering from dysmenorrhea, premenstrual syndrome(PMS), and premenstrual dysphonic disorder(PMDD)...

...some men experience penile pangs when ejaculatïng, does that portend that the release of semināl flüid in general is a painful process, just because of 2 out of 10 cases of such occurrence? ....use logos not pathos when arguing a point...

...anyway, I've got a proposition for you...I would send you a pm later...
I don't like debating on subjects when I know I have or know a guru in that field.

KingTom. Kindly assist us, this is your area of specialization if I'm not mistaken?.

Okay. I'm all ears....
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
A "Permanent" leave from work would be better.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by etayokha2004(f): 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
1- No
2-it will cus unemployment, some private firm don't employ married women now even cus of late. Coming to d ofx, my baby is dis n dat excuse.
3-They will abuse it if eventually considered, some will disguise to be on menses n go to else where wit d break n prefer to come to ofx during their period.
4-It will b a cheat to d Men Folk, let say 5days evymth making 60days per year, while dey still go on annual leave.
Make una no even reason am @ all.
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by Ifedoyinmola(f): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
angry what's konji?
Re: Should Ladies Be Granted Menstrual Leave? by KingTom(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
joseph1832:
I don't like debating on subjects when I know I have or know a guru in that field.

KingTom. Kindly assist us, this is your area of specialization if I'm not mistaken?.

Okay. I'm all ears....
he does have a point however we find these days that the number of women suffering from dysmenorrhea has risen rapidly it's no longer the 2 in 10 we were familiar with its now probably 4 in 10 sooner or later it may be 6 in 10 or worse 8 in 10 most researchers claim it has to do with diet others cite radioactivity etc. But on the leave issue generally I don't think they should be granted leaves because let's face it someone out there may want your job and that will automatically make menopausal women the hot cakes for hiring grin I will however be open minded if the leaves are granted to women who work with customers eg bankers you know that can really affect the consumer relationships also nurses too although those ones don't need periods to be aggressive and rude, they just look at their paychecks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? / I Returned Excess Payment At Work / My Journey Into Yahoo Plus, How It All Started In Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.