Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,256 members, 7,846,176 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. (2146 Views)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met 5 Years Ago During NYSC / Man Shares Throwback Photos Of Himself And Wife From 5 Years Ago / Girl Replies A Guy On Facebook After 5 Years After She Saw A Pic Of Him In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by ednut1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
U were nothing but a side BF. She has some1 else hehehe. U made d break up easy
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by ClassCaptain(m): 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bro::

have you at anytime commited the relationship to the hands of God

the pentecoastal church you attend, have you called on God through your pastors and spiritual fathers as to whether the lady is truely destined for you.

I mean you have been together for five years and as posted; you didnt state any other notable defect except this church issue:

seek God face first,it is the answer you get that decides your next step
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by boxer022(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
5 years is a lot of time to waste on what the two of you had. As it was earlier said, a woman does not have any church she belongs to till she gets married. From the angle I am seeing it, she may not be the one for you and this was the way out of what was not destined to be. As you have decided to move on with your life, it is better. What I do not like is someone discriminating against others because of church, after all we are all Christians.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Monalisa185(f): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol...don't wash me with hypo,biko.

ahann!!! and she fell for my traptongue..so you were washing me all along? gotchatonguecheesy

hope you good though??
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

ahann!!! and she fell for my traptongue..so you were washing me all along? gotchatonguecheesy

hope you good though??

Lol... I don't wash ppl,joor. I'm good. How u?
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Monalisa185(f): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol... I don't wash ppl,joor. I'm good. How u?
hehehehe, linusellatongue
I'm very well, thank yougrin
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Bro::

have you at anytime commited the relationship to the hands of God

the pentecoastal church you attend, have you called on God through your pastors and spiritual fathers as to whether the lady is truely destined for you.

I mean you have been together for five years and as posted; you didnt state any other notable defect except this church issue:

seek God face first,it is the answer you get that decides your next step

My mum actually prayed about her and said she is good but during the period of courtship, there were attitudes that she put up like twice when I brought her home that my dad and mum was even asking me again that is she the one I truely wants to marry but I keep covering for her in the presence of my parent due to the love I have for her with the hope that she will change.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

hehehehe, linusellatongue

I'm very well, thank yougrin

Linusella... Hahahaha.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by ehix89(m): 7:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
MzOnajin1:
Hmmmmm, I c no reason y she can't change to your church. U re d boss now. But u should v taken it serious earlier dan dis
I like ur Jesus Christ sandal grin...... nd to d topic, doz pple nd dia diabolics, move along Brov.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by DBestDoc(f): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

That's even what surprised me, she will be 28 next month and she gave me such a silly response, it seems she has already gotten another option
i laugh at you bro, so you were expecting her to gravel at your feet and plead with you not to call off the relationship because of her age?
what she did is what any right thinking person with a healthy self respect would do, regardless of gender or age.
Why must she be the one to change her church when two grown adults are obviously involved in the relationship?

she is a human being too remember, with a mind of her own and a purpose to accomplish on earth. her life doesn't have to revolve around you.
you got it wrong by giving her an ultimatum to either change her church or the relationship is over. That is not what a selfless adult that really wanted the relationship to workout would have done.

if the issue of religious affiliation(both christians) could end your relationship, it means you guys are way too immature to talk marriage at this time. You both need to grow up.
For relationships to succeed, sacrifices need to be made but it cannot be forced. you love being a Pentecostal, she loves her church. You could meet each other in the middle and love continues.
The way you handled it is poor, i wish you the best.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
DBestDoc:

i laugh at you bro, so you were expecting her to gravel at your feet and plead with you not to call off the relationship because of her age?
what she did is what any right thinking person with a healthy self respect would do, regardless of gender or age.
Why must she be the one to change her church when two grown adults are obviously involved in the relationship?

she is a human being too remember, with a mind of her own and a purpose to accomplish on earth. her life doesn't have to revolve around you.
you got it wrong by giving her an ultimatum to either change her church or the relationship is over. That is not what a selfless adult that really wanted the relationship to workout would have done.

if the issue of religious affiliation(both christians) could end your relationship, it means you guys are way too immature to talk marriage at this time. You both need to grow up.
For relationships to succeed, sacrifices need to be made but it cannot be forced. you love being a Pentecostal, she loves her church. You could meet each other in the middle and love continues.
The way you handled it is poor, i wish you the best.

Thanks uwc. Feminism advocate
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by DBestDoc(f): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

Thanks uwc. Feminism advocate
smiley smiley
Exactly the response i expected from you. From your first post, i already deduced your kind.
It pays to be open minded my dear and logic should be applied when and where necessary.

Your main concern should be your lady's level of spirituality and moral uprightness which is not necessarily determined by doctrine.
We cannot keep being myopic and intolerant of others different than us and expect a good result, if the difference in doctrine (not religion) is the only reason you called off your 5yr relationship, then i don't know what to say. You both are christians, yet intolerant and unwelcoming of each other's faith

Shebi na religion grin,as a matter of fact, na God know who know am...whether pentecostal, catholic, cherubim n saraphim or jehovah's witnesses. In the end of it all, Na God know who know am...

Education and exposure cannot give wisdom, the search continues for you.
All the best!
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
DBestDoc:

smiley smiley
Exactly the response i expected from you. From your first post, i already deduced your kind.
It pays to be open minded my dear and logic should be applied when and where necessary.

Your main concern should be your lady's level of spirituality and moral uprightness which is not necessarily determined by doctrine.
We cannot keep being myopic and intolerant of others different than us and expect a good result, if the difference in doctrine (not religion) is the only reason you called off your 5yr relationship, then i don't know what to say. You both are christians, yet intolerant and unwelcoming of each other's faith

Shebi na religion grin,as a matter of fact, na God know who know am...whether pentecostal, catholic, cherubim n saraphim or jehovah's witnesses. In the end of it all, Na God know who know am...

Education and exposure cannot give wisdom, the search continues for you.
All the best!

I don't even need to search my dear cos I have many around me as friends that were even of great influence, motivation and inspiration to me during my courtship wit her but was blind folded by love to know that i'm with the wrong lady. So its 2 pick d best among them and see the way forward.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by cr7lomo: 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Women o women .... If u wanna progress in life , just leave women alone , Mk a lot of money and then control them like the puppets that they are... As long as u hv alot of money and power , they become ur subjects ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Have Your Period Regularly And Still Be PREGNANT? ? / Why The Hatred? it is just an online contest. / What Happens To LOVE After Marriage!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.