Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,523 members, 7,843,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. (5687 Views)

IPOB: Northern Traders Suspend Business In South-east / We Yoruba's Don't Need Any Southern Unity / We Yoruba's Don't Need Any Southern Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by mightyhazel: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Yorubas own agbo jedi biz all over the east, ...100percent!

Over 40percent tailoring

A reasonable number of taxi drivers in d east are yorubas

So who says yorubas don't travel 2 d east for biz??

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by PRXPERT: 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
@o next time try to explain things in clear terms, I fully understand your point.... there are many drug importing companies in nigeria..they are called marketers!! check any drug, you will see where it's manufactured especially in India, then you'll see where the marketing office is located... check the owners, you will understand what the op is saying... but that doesn't mean that igbos are not importing too just like greenlife. he was a marketer before he started manufacturing... Don't mind them, yorubas are everywhere in the east!! even in my village.. they're repairing radio, building, mechanics, and other hand works... aand they're many!!!

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
mightyhazel:
Yorubas own agbo jedi biz all over the east, ...100percent!

Over 40percent tailoring

A reasonable number of taxi drivers in d east are yorubas

So who says yorubas don't travel 2 d east for biz??

Is there a jedi epidemic in the east?
I'm asking because I would like to set up a jedi drug company there as well. One Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by sirade(m): 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
stop the ignorance, stop chestbeating

kul, you are entitled to your opnion.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
PRXPERT:
@o next time try to explain things in clear terms, I fully understand your point.... there are many drug importing companies in nigeria..they are called marketers!! check any drug, you will see where it's manufactured especially in India, then you'll see where the marketing office is located... check the owners, you will understand what the op is saying... but that doesn't mean that igbos are not importing too just like greenlife. he was a marketer before he started manufacturing... Don't mind them, yorubas are everywhere in the east!! even in my village.. they're repairing radio, building, mechanics, and other hand works... aand they're many!!!
not really marketers perse, some pharmaceutical companies sign contracts with other companies to produce a particular specification of drug for them and they pay fr the job like in the case of lonart for green life and pylorest for biofem pharmaceutical, in this case, the manufacturer may not be acknowledged becuase the brand name doesn't belong to them. Some other pharmaceutical companies market other companies/manufacturer brand.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ahaz: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
This thread is the clear the ignorance of most Yoruba populace who so much believe yorubas don't troop in their thousands to the east but before I continue, let me do a brief intro.

I have two degrees, one in pharmacy and I have been in pharmaceutical business for 7years now. Ask anybody in the business, they will tell you that the biggest pharmaceutical businesses are done mainly in Lagos, onitsha, aba and kano then you will include Jos, Ibadan, enugu, pH.

70% of pharmaceutical importing companies are own by yorubas (this is a known fact in the line). They import these products from India and Pakistan then move to aba and onitsha for distributors. You see lots of Yoruba's in teaching hospitals, drug market and big pharmacy shops in aba, enugu and onitsha as company reps and managers. On most occasions, the Ceo of these companies (who are Yoruba) will come down to east to strike deals with distributors (after Lagos, onitsha and aba have the highest number of distributor in the country).

You cannot do these business and make max profit without onitsha and aba and Yoruba's here know this. Onitsha serves as a wholesale point for anambra, enugu, delta, Edo, ebonyi, Benue and ondo (go to head bridge market and see teaching hospitals from ondo) while aba is a wholesale point for abia, rivers, bayelsa, IMO, akwa ibom, cross rivers. You will see Yoruba ceos begging for distributors.
This is just for my field, if we are to talk of other fields, you will be marvelled. I get to met lot of Yoruba managers and ceos in the east.

Please drop your ignorance.
mama ugo....bring chilled origin and is I ewu for this my man.
post of the month..when you tell some people to travel they predate hanging around Oshogbo hill with labake Charing and claiming Lagos.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by tpiar: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

good to see you coming down gradually with your bloated figure.

70 - 65%

I still maintain that yorubas have no such influence in pharmaceutical market in Nigeria

I agree.

1 Like

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by tpiar: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
SlayerReborn:
Everything is always along tribal lines. Nigeria is finished.

In this case, what needs to be examined is why the op opened the thread.

What is really being sought for here? Distributorship to Cuba?
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ahaz: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
ifechez:
the op is a cow, degree in pharmacy my foot.

name the pharmaceutical companies owned by yorobers.
via nwokem e makpa ife.
he said importers and not manufacturers,read before you crucify the op o.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by mightyhazel: 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Aigbofa:

Is there a jedi epidemic in the east?
I'm asking because I would like to set up a jedi drug company there as well. One Nigeria.
I wudt say dere is,but dem agbo jedi vendors litter d streets anyways,making funny claims abt dia products.

V jolly fellows tho.I like dia v respectful nature and so I engage dem somtimes (d ones dat can string 2geda som english) and I try 2 be kind generally.

I guess dats how 2 treat strangers in our midst.

One Nigeria! smiley

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
mightyhazel:
I wudt say dere is,but dem agbo jedi vendors litter d streets anyways,making funny claims abt dia products.

V jolly fellows tho.I like dia v respectful nature and so I engage dem somtimes (d ones dat can string 2geda som english) and I try 2 be kind generally.

I guess dats how 2 treat strangers in our midst.

One Nigeria! smiley

Yeah, you should try out the agbo jedi too. Your woman will have nothing but kind words for Yoruba agbo sellers. Who knew agbo jedi could salvage Yoruba /Igbo relationship.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:
This thread is the clear the ignorance of most Yoruba populace who so much believe yorubas don't troop in their thousands to the east but before I continue, let me do a brief intro.

I have two degrees, one in pharmacy and I have been in pharmaceutical business for 7years now. Ask anybody in the business, they will tell you that the biggest pharmaceutical businesses are done mainly in Lagos, onitsha, aba and kano then you will include Jos, Ibadan, enugu, pH.

[s]70% of pharmaceutical importing companies are own by yorubas (this is a known fact in the line). They import these products from India and Pakistan then move to aba and onitsha for distributors. You see lots of Yoruba's in teaching hospitals, drug market and big pharmacy shops in aba, enugu and onitsha as company reps and managers. On most occasions, the Ceo of these companies (who are Yoruba) will come down to east to strike deals with distributors (after Lagos, onitsha and aba have the highest number of distributor in the country).

You cannot do these business and make max profit without onitsha and aba and Yoruba's here know this. Onitsha serves as a wholesale point for anambra, enugu, delta, Edo, ebonyi, Benue and ondo (go to head bridge market and see teaching hospitals from ondo) while aba is a wholesale point for abia, rivers, bayelsa, IMO, akwa ibom, cross rivers. You will see Yoruba ceos begging for distributors.
This is just for my field, if we are to talk of other fields, you will be marvelled. I get to met lot of Yoruba managers and ceos in the east.

[/s]
False information, traditional medicine yes
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by BermudaTriangle(m): 3:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
Fruitless exercise. Exercise in futility.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by betterABIAstate: 4:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
post=44039019:
[/s]
False information, traditional medicine yes
if you think its a false info, go to Head bridge market and ask any distributor
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by OBAGADAFFI: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
The Op is not totally wrong here.

Its seems some people don't know the difference between

Pharmaceutical Importer, Manufacture (under licence), Marketer and Distributors.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by mightyhazel: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
44038609]

Yeah, you should try out the agbo jedi too. Your woman will have nothing but kind words for Yoruba agbo sellers. Who knew agbo jedi could salvage Yoruba /Igbo relationship. [/quote]lol!
Sai agbo jedi vendors grin

I don't think igbos have probs wit yorubas,..som of my best friends in real life are yorubas.

We just don't like ppl. Sayn 'one naijeriya' and in d same breath tellin us 2 go bak 2 'erosion ravaged enclave'.
Or killing and destroyin our hard built businesses because of some vague cartoons in far away denmark,...and all dat kinda stuffs.
Hear this,..no group,...I repeat,no group is more nigerian dan d igbos. We don't just mouth it,...we live it!
Cheers man

4 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
sirade:

op the bolded is false.

Majority of pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria are owned by Igbos.

Even here in Lagos and its environ, most of the indigenous pharmaceutical companies are owned by Igbos eg; Emzor, greenlife etc.

Op a visit to Idumuta drug market will convinced you.
grin grin did u mean the fake ones?

Besides, dnt confuse pharmaceuticals with meths production o

2 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by stevecantrell: 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Rayhutar:
Why then is people saying that Igbos sell fake drugs if the majority of the importers are Yorubas

Yoruba and Igbo are the problem with Nigeria, remove them and we will have an Islamic State free from fake drugs - Sanusi
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ghostofsparta(m): 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
betterABIAstate:

70% of pharmaceutical importing companies are own by yorubas (this is a known fact in the line). They import these products from India and Pakistan then move to aba and onitsha for distributors. You see lots of Yoruba's in teaching hospitals, drug market and big pharmacy shops in aba, enugu and onitsha as company reps and managers. On most occasions, the Ceo of these companies (who are Yoruba) will come down to east to strike deals with distributors (after Lagos, onitsha and aba have the highest number of distributor in the country).

I'm sorry to bust your misconceived bubble which lacked any statistical backing. What you stated is actually the opposite of what actually it is in the reality of the Nigeria drug business, stating from experience and what is apparent, 90% of drug importers are non-Yorubas who are predominantly Igbos whose importing businesses cater for the 70% of all those fake placebo-like drugs and those already-expired, falsely re-dated drugs and medicine that has saturated the nooks and crannies of Zootopia. The remaining 10% are those importers who seek to maintain both their prestige and that of their distributors and pharmacy shops by keeping to the standard of importing genuine, but expensive when sold in those class-act retail drugstores and pharmacy outlet patronized by mostly elites. I'm not an Igbo hater but this my opinion is my truth.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by ibedun: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
Why do Igbo people jubilate and celebrate wildly when they spot a single Yoruba man anywhere in Igbo land. Pained by the reality that we are their ancestral landlords! You can Take that to the bank!
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
SlayerReborn:
Everything is always along tribal lines. Nigeria is finished.
we are gunners in dis country ,we are so divided.
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by Rayhutar(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
ibedun:
Why do Igbo people jubilate and celebrate wildly when they spot a single Yoruba man anywhere in Igbo land. Pained by the reality that we are their ancestral landlords! You can Take that to the bank!
Who is jubilating over sighting you, who get time in Igboland to notice what you are doing, you think that Igbos are like you guys that keep on counting how many Igbos that are in Lagos and SW, without thinking of something doing, giving the Igbos the room to conquer and corner most business opportunities in SW

3 Likes

Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by mikolo80: 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
ifechez:
EMZOR
NEROS
GREENLIFE
JUHEL
EMBASSY
ORANGE DRUGS
so na only 7 make up majority
Re: For Those Yoruba's Who Say Yoruba's Don't Do Business In The East. by samuelUMOH(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
The constant tribal thread on Nairaland shows lack of ideas and youth decaying in our country ! Lack of iniatives are now scarce in Nigeria !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking Donald Trump Warns Nigerians “if I Win, You Leave” / Phone Numbers Of Senators In Nigeria / Press Release: FG Will Not Rest On Its Oars On Improving The Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.