Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor (44908 Views)

Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men / Blood Is Coming Out Of My Nose Instead Of Mucus / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by danidee10(m): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2016
idris4r83:
If accumulating wealth is what you are looking for after studying medicine then u are in for a ride. A medical degree can only make u sufficient but not rich.

Just shutup!!!!

You missed the point of the whole story

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Drfinn: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2016
bayulll011:

When you say not osun state what's the meaning of that?,I won't criticize your new policy,it is true that you need money to run your hospital,no light,no water and other amenities,I understand you perfectly well Doc,but in ur write up I can see a tone of regret somewhere,knowing fully well that you can save the life of that woman and you let it passed,I won't judge you typical human being.

Doc how do you feel when that woman died,you feel rejected I can say,you realise that woman has gone to journey of no return,she's dead and never coming back again,one way or the other you have contributed to her early departures from this pathetic sinful world.

Doc do u know that this can stand against you,when you think you ve have done all the good things in life,live a wonderful life,happy and fulfilled destiny,then when you died and there is something like this stood on your way to paradise,forgive me if am too religious.

Doc do u know that simply stabilizer would have save you the guilty conscience you are passing through now,stabilize next victims when you know they can't pay and then send them to government hospital,by this simple actions you are free of all guilt and heaven will gladly reward you.

Finally Doc,did you goverment ? Lol don't make me laugh,since when did government of this nations shows they are responsible? Forget government this sets of leaders we have are not human,they will not help us in this nation,we are the one who will help ourselves,Enough said doc you know what to do

My guy, to stabilise a patient requires medical consumables. These consumables did they fall from the sky? No! This doctor have had 17 patients in the wards at various times . None have fulfilled there financial obligation, should he keep rendering services and hope dat d money will fall from heaven?

The woman in question was already in a critical situation. If this doctor had taken her in her chances of survival in my opinion was still slim. For her to have died a few blocks away from the hospital buttresses my argument. A doctor by training knows to an appreciable degree a patient's chances of survival on presentation.

Your attempt to subtly blame this doctor is ill conceived. This woman might have survived at the first instance of bleeding if she had gone straight to the hospital. Most times Nigerians will resort to all manner of unorthodox practices to curtail an infirmity. It's only when they have exhausted these means dat they remember hospital. They come in bad conditions and expect doctors to do miracles. A young girl died at the clinic sometime in January. Prior to presentation she was kept in a certain prayer house for over two weeks. The very best of drugs where deployed to salvage the situation to no avail. When she died, people started making accusations dat we didn't do enough.

So my guy I do not blame this doctor one bit for dat woman's death. Dat he even made an attempt to resuscitate her despite d fact dat he had referred her is commendable. He has a large heart. I have the opportunity to work with different doctors and I must say this doctor is an exceptional one. You should turn your molarity ramblings towards the government who have failed to recognise the importance of the Health sector and doctors in particular.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by lebienconnu: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2016
snthesis:
dear doctors, the solution is simple

....outsource your debt recovery

get the patient to sign the fees prior to treatment (get all the personal details as well i.e address place of work etc), if he/she fails to honor the agreement, simply hand over the case to debt recovery agents (consider them as modern day bounty hunters)- this agent should collect your fees plus a % for doing the dirty work. the % will be borne by the patient ofcourse. its a win -win situation.
and for the business minded folks- its a bizness opportunity to set urself up as a debt recovery agency... awoof money especially if you are a tout already grin grin grin just make sure you have legal backing.

cc: sofadj , ericlove4all , claremont , glossy6

This is a very nice option.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by beautycrush24(f): 9:27am On Mar 24, 2016
olas24u:

So they should be given fake medication?.if he gives the lowest grades of the drugs the patient will die 12 times over.it is against the ethics of the profession to cheat ,if he does that and they discover ,you will not defend him.

please highlight where i mentioned fake medication there undecided
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by beautycrush24(f): 9:28am On Mar 24, 2016
dicefrost:

Unfortunately, he also has bills to pay. He ll pay his nurses, his cleaners and Secretary and everyone. If he doesn't own the building he ll pay tent. There's no way the hospital will run if he charges the barest minimum.

i didnt say barest minimum to every patient. I mean helpless cases
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Amhappy(f): 9:38am On Mar 24, 2016
The only thing I have to say is ,if you feel this is right then go that way but had you ever think there may be an alternative to recover your money instead of going this way. More lives will be lost at your gate and you will fight with your conscience until you kill it. This write up is because you are pained by the death of that woman.
In some hospitals they take away the baby to a care room,mother is only allowed to breastfeed at intervals under the watch of security. Father/ family members cannot sight the baby. And everyday the charges increases.This method work in most cases. Some hospitals will ask you to send someone to work in the hospital without pay until the money is complete for the patient to be discharged.

Then you forget the emergency does not give signal. Someone may not have cash at hand but is willing to pay(everybody is not the same). There are sincere Nigerians with integrity. So if you do this then you have simply succumbed to PMB saying that Nigerians are criminals.
Dr Doc let God guide you in your practice. I pray God to favor your hospital with rich clients who will erase your sorrows of yesterday.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Amhappy(f): 9:43am On Mar 24, 2016
beautycrush24:
Yea yea....the blood is not in your hands....we know. But why not charge them d least you can? Someone will b admitted for one day and d doctor will be callin 50k bill. Is that fair? When you see a patient and d people that accompanied him/her then u can guess how rich or poor they are. If u observe they're not well to do, then charge exactly what u'll need to treat them without thinking of gains. Cos wen d bill is so high, the person wont even know where to start from.
You can make ur money off the rich ones....nobody will blame u for that

A doc in my villa does this but sincerely it's not fair. It means the assumed rich will be cheated. Not everybody with a big car is rich. One may have rich relatives but the relatives may not be willing to help.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Amhappy(f): 9:52am On Mar 24, 2016
Nelico:
My dear colleague its d same story every where. Most patients & their relatives refuse to pay after u've suffered to treat them without full payment. I did emergency C.S. on a friend. If a Dr declines to treat on credit, wailers & end time nairalanders will come to rant against us.

Please don't forget there are sincere Nigerians who will sell their things to pay you for helping them. So don't shut ur door.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by oluwatozil(m): 9:53am On Mar 24, 2016
This is nothing else but the truth bcz as a nurse I've experience such several days in my hospital. There was an emergency case of a man dat came wit her daughter complaining, begging n wailing ( I mean it) dat dey want 2 go home n its a far place after 18hours bcz d man is nw relieved of his state of health, claiming to have 4000 out of 18000. They even swear bt wen they were nt listen to 8000 came out suddenly frm no where, I was shocked. This is nothing else but the truth bcz as a nurse I've experience such several days in my hospital. There was an emergency case of a man dat came wit her daughter complaining, begging n wailing ( I mean it) dat dey want 2 go home n its a far place after 18hours bcz d man is nw relieved of his state of health, claiming to have 4000 out of 18000. They even swear bt wen they were nt listen to 8000 came out suddenly frm no where, I was shocked. People dat u even care for at times can be heartless n nt considerate so it is nt d fault of d heart practitioners. May God help us in Nigeria
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by DrLuv: 9:56am On Mar 24, 2016
idris4r83:
If accumulating wealth is what you are looking for after studying medicine then u are in for a ride. A medical degree can only make u sufficient but not rich.
wealth is relative, in any case , In a country where things work..doctors are supposed to live way above average.so if he has the intention of eating on the alter that he has sacrificed for 7yrs plus x in medical school and a num of years after medical school so as to be able to do things averagely..then he should gp ahead. .there is no law against that.only those who are unenlightened will make the conclusion of doctors treating patient for free..when they have nuclear and extended family on ground.
cs for 120k..its very cheap for a private ilhospital sef

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by DrLuv: 10:23am On Mar 24, 2016
EreluY:

[size=18pt]What happened to the Hippocratic oath taken when you were enrolled by the medical council? Or, this doesn't happen in Nigeria anymore?[/size]
maybe u should be asked this jamb question..1.what is hippocratic oath?
2.what is physicians oath?
3.what is the difference between the two questions above
if u pass these jamb questions, then you will understand that doctors are humans, with families and mouth to feed..sometimes their close relatives ends up in the hospital that eats up thousands of naira, sometimes millions.some of them have wives who had cs done...they had to cough out the money..some of them have extremely terminally sick relatives that requires a whole lot of money to bring the sick back to the land of the living..some of them have even been on hospital bed to manage their own personal ailment....they are human..yes the profession has an element of humanitarianism in it....but also serve as a means to a livelihood..its this livelihood part most people fail to understand

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by shariffalabim89: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Yet, our hazard pay is still 5000 naira. So if I get hiv,tb or any other infection, the compensation is 5k. We are humans too

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2016
Really touching but I pray God support every effort U render in saving lives. Pls whatever is in ur capacity pls do and God will support u .
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Originalsly: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2016
armadeo:

name of the patient
name of the doctor
name of the hospital
state/LGA in which incident occured.

as far as am concerned the patients privacy was protected. as for the bolded dont you think he would have tried that before getting to this point.

Bro...as a doctor he need not get into all those details.... especially in a public forum... patients keep coming for various emergencies, agreeing to foot the bill and skip out after treatment. I doubt whether he held collaterals or he wouldn't be here.... he would've already sold them if they didn't come up with the cash.Most of his patients may really not have the cash at that time but I'm sure their family must have collaterals to cover the bill... whether it be car, house or land.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Is this what am going to face after my degree?
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Tolatutu: 11:07am On Mar 24, 2016
Nigerians are ungrateul people. Thos talking about abroad the Doctors are able to do that because they will get back their money from insurance or governemnt. For those without insurance , even in the US they will patch you up and send you home to die. No one will give you extensive health care for free.

For you to know how bad Nigerians are they've carried that same behavior to other countries and started abusing their healthcare system. You will see Nigerians travel to go and give birth, they will have a plan to skip and not pay and would rather go use the money for shopping! Many of them showing off on social media about giving birth abroad did not pay o angry

There was a case on dailymail.co.uk on a Nigerian woman who skipped out on her bill, here's the heading

African mum of quintuplets let off £145,000 NHS bill: Health tourist who came to UK to give birth says no one's asked her to pay

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3214709/African-mum-quintuplets-let-145-000-NHS-bill-Health-tourist-came-UK-birth-says-no-one-s-asked-pay.html

Come and see people cursing Nigerians and can you blame them. There is no free health care anywhere, someones tax paid for that. Would anyone be happy to be paying tax for some wicked foreigners to come and take advantage And we always think being crooked is smart.

We keep talking about the government whereas the people are just as horrible angry
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Tolatutu: 11:17am On Mar 24, 2016
Amhappy:
The only thing I have to say is ,if you feel this is right then go that way but had you ever think there may be an alternative to recover your money instead of going this way. More lives will be lost at your gate and you will fight with your conscience until you kill it. This write up is because you are pained by the death of that woman.
In some hospitals they take away the baby to a care room,mother is only allowed to breastfeed at intervals under the watch of security. Father/ family members cannot sight the baby. And everyday the charges increases.This method work in most cases. Some hospitals will ask you to send someone to work in the hospital without pay until the money is complete for the patient to be discharged.

Then you forget the emergency does not give signal. Someone may not have cash at hand but is willing to pay(everybody is not the same). There are sincere Nigerians with integrity. So if you do this then you have simply succumbed to PMB saying that Nigerians are criminals.
Dr Doc let God guide you in your practice. I pray God to favor your hospital with rich clients who will erase your sorrows of yesterday.

i get what you are saying but look at it from his own point. Is it not supplies he will use to treat the patient How will he buy supplies when people keep absconding People forget that the Doctor's service is not the only cost . If people keep owing very soon he won't even be able to buy syringe or drip so what will he use to treat anyone

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Tolatutu: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2016
beautycrush24:

i didnt say barest minimum to every patient. I mean helpless cases

As he has explained the problem is not that those people cannot afford it but they are wicked ungrateful people who would prefer to use the money to throw a party than pay their bills.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Amhappy(f): 11:56am On Mar 24, 2016
Tolatutu:

i get what you are saying but look at it from his own point. Is it not supplies he will use to treat the patient How will he buy supplies when people keep absconding People forget that the Doctor's service is not the only cost . If people keep owing very soon he won't even be able to buy syringe or drip so what will he use to treat anyone

My dear that's why I think a means should be devised to stop absondees. They must be forced to pay. I don't support people not paying their debt. No institution can run without money. However no matter how dishonest some persons are,all people are not the same. There was I day I was in a hospital so pressed. When I got to the toilet,they charge N20 and I had no money on me. My bag was in my sister's car and she has gone off to a meeting. My dear I begged the keeper she no gree. She had allowed a lot of people who never returned to pay. Meanwhile she pay for water,tissue etc and make hospital returns. I told her everybody is not the same that I will pay . She later allowed me and I paid her as promised. If I'm the woman this doc saved her life , I will not let my husband sleep till the debt is paid. Debts deprive me peace of mind. Maybe because i know God hates it when you deny a laborer his wages.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by amunites19(m): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
Reason why medical line is not mean for business is: sickness attack patients un expected that means it may come when the patient or his family has no money and a poor person who has no money can develop a serious sickness. Is not like business of selling car where by any costumer come must have prepared for it and there is enough time for bargaining. but a patient can develop a sickness and rush to a hospital and some doctors will msee it as an opportunity to get a good bargain but truly the patient or his family has no money. Some doctors also are not good in management, I known a very small hospital with almost ten nurses, to pay their salaries, hospital rent, doctor's own gain and other bills, and they don't have patients, that is why if they see a patient is like hungry lion saw a meat. a hospital can own shopping complex in their building and other businesses to be making extra money.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Kennydoc(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nelico:
My dear colleague its d same story every where. Most patients & their relatives refuse to pay after u've suffered to treat them without full payment. I did emergency C.S. on a friends wife since february last year and saved the life of both the woman & her baby boy for only N 120,000, which covers drugs, theatre fee, surgeon fee, bed fee, medical & nursing care, blood transfused. Despite the guy being very rich with flashy cars & child dedication ceremony of over 1.5 million, he has refused on his wicked wife's advice not to offset his balance of 40K. If a Dr declines to treat on credit, wailers & end time nairalanders will come to rant against us.

Just imagine! Only because of 120k, people will choose to be this wicked. Here in Abuja, many private hospitals charge as much as 450-600k for CS. In my centre, that woman's bill would have been in excess of 650-700k. Some of them will even buy gifts for staff on discharge after paying those 'heavy' bills.
Those are the challenges of running hospitals in the rural or suburban areas.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Drdonzeez(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
shocked
oluwatozil:
This is nothing else but the truth bcz as a nurse I've experience such several days in my hospital. There was an emergency case of a man dat came wit her daughter complaining, begging n wailing ( I mean it) dat dey want 2 go home n its a far place after 18hours bcz d man is nw relieved of his state of health, claiming to have 4000 out of 18000. They even swear bt wen they were nt listen to 8000 came out suddenly frm no where, I was shocked. This is nothing else but the truth bcz as a nurse I've experience such several days in my hospital. There was an emergency case of a man dat came wit her daughter complaining, begging n wailing ( I mean it) dat dey want 2 go home n its a far place after 18hours bcz d man is nw relieved of his state of health, claiming to have 4000 out of 18000. They even swear bt wen they were nt listen to 8000 came out suddenly frm no where, I was shocked. People dat u even care for at times can be heartless n nt considerate so it is nt d fault of d heart practitioners. May God help us in Nigeria
Nurses run p shocked
oluwatozil:
Nurses run private clinics?
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Danyl(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
EreluY:

[size=16pt]Whilst I understand your frustration, all medical doctors in saner climes take the Hippocratic oath -- "a ​promise made by ​people when they ​become ​doctors to do everything ​possible to ​help ​their ​patients." You won't excuse a Reverend Father who took the celibacy oath and then go on shagging women under the excuse that "body no be wood." Would you?[/size]
that still doesn't justify the fact that he has to be running on deficit, and changing career path is not an option. If they take him out of business, where will his family look? His decision is however ok, he should just do it with gentility, refer people whose bills if they don't pay wont wreck you, and refer the ones that are on the heavy side, if anything happens to them because they cant buy whatever is necessary then their blood is on their own hands..taking care of people's life can be very hard due to its fragility one just has to wise. if you are not wise, people will teach you.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2016
bankybobo11:

Nothing o. I'm still recovering from the trauma you caused me.

I don't even remember you
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2016
EreluY:

[size=16pt]Whilst I understand your frustration, all medical doctors in saner climes take the Hippocratic oath -- "a ​promise made by ​people when they ​become ​doctors to do everything ​possible to ​help ​their ​patients." You won't excuse a Reverend Father who took the celibacy oath and then go on shagging women under the excuse that "body no be wood." Would you?[/size]

You have been going up and down this thread ranting and shouting.

If you do not like what he is doing, become a medical doctor

If you can't, contest for an election.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
They won't borrow money to pay for healthcare but for owanbe etc, they know where to go.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by BOLAUWA: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
I totally agree with the doctor, cos I understand exactly what hes going thru cos I also happen to be a medical doctor practicing in nigeria. In summary :when a man is dying, the doctor is his god; when he starts recovering, the doctor becomes a follow man; and when the doctor presents the bills, the doctor becomes the devil. Please pay ur bills.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by amunites19(m): 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
If most of our doctors believed that most priority in medical system is making money, that is good for them. but my fear for them is they may end up hurting many and the same time not making the money.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by scachy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2016
We still v a long way to go in Nigeria. A lot of things are wrong.it's true times r hard but, Hospital is not an NGO or charity organization. We don't hear such stories that touches the heart wen it comes to payment of medical bills in a civilized world.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by extraterra: 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
beautycrush24:
Yea yea....the blood is not in your hands....we know. But why not charge them d least you can? Someone will b admitted for one day and d doctor will be callin 50k bill. Is that fair? When you see a patient and d people that accompanied him/her then u can guess how rich or poor they are. If u observe they're not well to do, then charge exactly what u'll need to treat them without thinking of gains. Cos wen d bill is so high, the person wont even know where to start from.
You can make ur money off the rich ones....nobody will blame u for that

You see the issue? Nobody is talking about making money off anyone. Each hospital has a right to the kind of standards of care it wishes to provide with the commensurate fees. Private hospitals are self funded, so they have to set these fees at a rather fixed rate. I am also aware that they could lower the fees a bit for those who might not be able to pay all but the person should be able to pay at least up to 75%-85% as they deem fit to reduce. They also have a right to be strict with their charges and not reduce it at all because they must maintain the hospital and staff. If one knows that one doesn't have private hospital kind of money, then they should go to government hospitals and stop with the blackmail. You simply cannot decide how much to pay nor can you dare abscond if you were to go abroad. You will pay to the last kobo, and you know how it is to pay out-of-pocket abroad. Please you guys look at it this way first before talking about whether the doc wants to make money off someone.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by extraterra: 2:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
EreluY:

Lol. Erelu it's obvious that you don't know the history of the hippocratic oath. And for ur statement on whether the oath still applies, try going abroad and mistakenly find yourself in any hospital there. When you have been treated and they bring you those bills, make it a point to remind them of the hippocratic oath they swore to save lives and insist that the bills are too high, pay a part and insist that you won't pay all, if they won't sue your azz. Lol

The hippocratic oath was taken in a very different context back then. The doctor back then had all his needs catered for by the inviting patient's family. His movement to the patient's home, feeding and emoluments were catered for by each patient he went to see. It was a very revered profession, that's why initially the founding fathers only wanted to teach the secret art of Medicine to their progeny alone. But as time went on, it became open to others interested in the art of Medicine, leading to the opening of medical schools etc. Obviously times have changed and you don't always have doctors going from one house to the other as it used to be. More people became aware of their health and it became a burden to meet everyone's need in the comfort of their homes. You can imagine how much it costs to maintain a family doctor. Hence the start of what you know today as hospitals. That's how come you need to ensure that you pay all your medical bills for the hospital care you get.

So my dear, we swear the hippocratic oath from the depths of our hearts, but don't tell me my reward is in heaven. I'm doing it here on earth and I ain't no missionary. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by extraterra: 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
nefertitiram:
Dr sofadj please, I use God to beg you, please reconsider your stance. If you go through my profile, you will understand y I am begging u.

I was rushed to R-Jolad in Lagos at 4am on a Sunday morning, with the exact case the woman that died had. Placenta abruption, I nearly bled to death. I had 4 pints transfused.

I was leaving for US to deliver my baby, I had bought ticket, made some expenses such that hubby and I had no more cash at that instance. We didn't have N20k with us at dat time of the morning

They decided to operate immediately, hubby asked how much, d doc told us my life was most important, dey couldn't even wait to screen all d 4 pints of blood. He should sign, save my life before we discuss money.

That was how I survived the ordeal. The babies died but I survived. I was admitted for 10 days b4 they brought any bill. We sold off our dollars to foot d bill of almost 300k.

If RJOLAD did not admit me that day, without a dime, where would I have been? There's no day I don't pray for RJOLAD.

My point is don't cut off the nose to spite the face. God will reward you and replenish your pockets.

But my dear, you see why yours is different? You ensured you paid. If your husband took the path of many others by insulting the health personnel and insisted that he wouldn't pay and that they killed your babies, it would definitely discourage the doctor from such future endeavors. Let me tell you something dear. There's a reason why rules are made, to curb untoward incidents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Treat A Vaginal Infection With A Clove Of Garlic / Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam. Dont Eat / 100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.