Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor (44763 Views)

Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men / Blood Is Coming Out Of My Nose Instead Of Mucus / Female Medical Doctor Dies In Warri After Her Return From Ukraine. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by lastmanstandn(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Healthcare is very expensive. Governments responsibility is to provide sound policies that will make comprehensive health insurance affordable for the masses, and mandatory for employers of labor.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by claremont(m): 9:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
cold:

Don't try to take the moral high ground here. Would you subsidise the cost of every treatment going forward? His decision is surely at odds with his humane side but there comes a time when one just has to put his foot down and let the chips fall where they may.

It's not every treatment though, is it?! He still gets paid from patients, from in-house Pharmacy, and from Sales Reps. I understand that some patients choose not to pay, but future emergencies shouldn't be sacrificed on the grounds that patients in the past didn't pay. The oath the OP swore to protect life first at all costs also applies in Nigeria. It's just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by streamsofjoy(f): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
My dear dnt feel bad for anything their blood is not on ur head.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by muller101(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
No mind them doc. They can swear on anything that their bills will be paid soon. For where. when ever they feel strong. Na so their mouth go sharp. Its cheating on the patients part for christ sake.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Drdonzeez(m): 9:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
idris4r83:
If accumulating wealth is what you are looking for after studying medicine then u are in for a ride. A medical degree can only make u sufficient but not rich.
when I say Nigerians assume private medical facilities to be charity organization,some people will come blabbing.

10 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by datigbogirl: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dharniel:
well said but your last paragraph is what I would would want to plead with you on behalf of the prospective broke emergency patient.

if your excuse in future will continue to be "their blood is not on my hands", then you would be guilty at some point. please try as much as possible to do everything within your capabilities and the Lord will surely reward you...

Your last statement is what I'll like you to retract...let's be practical here.. Most patient can afford hospital bills but will rather abscond dan pay! Doctors have nurses,cleaners,security,lab technician and other doctors to pay....he has a wife and children to cater for their feeding,clothing, etc...even if he does " everything within his capabilities " by starving himself to death wat of these other people i mentioned? Are they going to hear dat one? These are the things people should consider but I've noticed humans are just innately wicked and ignorant cos they see it as a Doctor making a fortune out of his misfortune...ds is probably one of the causes of poor-health seeking behaviour in d country...they'll rather abscond or perhaps beat you up after treating them...i can't wait to open my clinic and you'll see pay b4 service written boldly at the nurses counter...no shame in dat cos i and my workers are just like any other civil servants dat work because they have needs...dats wat we have to do to eke out a living...

17 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Montaque(m): 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
It's obvious that nigerians have issues with placing priorities on activities.
U have no money to pay the hospital bills yet u killed two cows for the naming ceremony.
The problem translates to not feeding the child and the mother well, to not sending her to school, etc. Plus the fact that not less than 5 children will pass thru this process within a space of 14years. When will the man prosper. Don't tell me favor n miracle.
We need to scale our preference alright in whatever sphere. No wonder poverty is on the rise in many household.

3 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by julybaba(m): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
thesicilian:

1. True - but still doesn't work much in Nigeria. Will you say because you're a Gynaecologist, you won't treat the diabetes mellitus patient who's rushed to your emergency department by relatives wearing designers but not a single naira to pay?

2. Won't work either, with the 'God forbid' spirit that reigns supreme among Nigerians. Telling them to plan for emergency, in their ears, sounds like praying for emergencies.
My brother, tough people like Nigerians need to be "beaten into shape".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by UjSizzle(f): 9:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
Totally understandable. You're not running a charitable organisation, nor are you going to feed your family/cater for your needs as well as other patients in the hospital by being constantly charitable.

It's just sad that the government has failed us to the point that we have to rely on private overpriced companies to cater for our basic healthcare needs. It also doesn't help that some people are genuinely too poor to afford the bills.

But I commend you for putting up with this for so long-- you've tried. I don't expect you to continue like that, but I wonder how this matter will be judged based on ethics (and religiously if you're into that.)

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by yetseyi(f): 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
julybaba:

2.)I will make it mandatory for every one that registered with my clinic to contribute every month towards emergency.

An average Nigerian wont contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by yetseyi(f): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
datigbogirl:

I once saw a patient who was in obstructed labour and would require emergence C/S to save the child and mother's life...even though d husband worked in MTN he said it's not the money dats d problem but he has already planned d money for naming cerrmony! Imagine!!! A child dat was not even out yet.

Quite hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by EreluY(f): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
sofadj:
I own a hospital in Southwest- (not Osun state Nigeria ...lol). I currently have about 17 patients on my ward each of whom I have admitted at several occasions through emergency. None of these patients has paid upto 30% of his/her bill. Some of them have stayed upto 7 weeks on the ward. I admitted and attended to them based on the fact that their conditions were life-threatening as at the time they came. I made their bill known to them - and they signed before they were treated. But there is a common trend, as soon as they felt relief and became stable they pleaded for their bills to be reduced - this I vehemently refused.

About 4 weeks ago a woman was rushed in with Eclampsia having just convulsed while pregnant and she was unconscious. I promptly took her straight to the theatre without collecting a dime though i had informed the relatives of the charges - #120,000 for her operation and medications. They signed and I carried out the surgery succesfully. Mother and baby survived. Within the following 6-days they paid a total sum of #12,000 and they began pleading to go home for the child's christening ceremony. I looked at them with disdain. Till now, they have only managed to pay a total sum of #14,000.

Another man who was managed for strangulated hernia has only paid 20,000 out of 75,000 bill. And the list goes on. Their failure to pay has made it difficult for the hospital to replace consumables and medications needed to manage other people's condition.
In the early hours of today 1:30am, a woman was rushed into the hospital following delivery at the referrral center. Blood had refused to stop gushing out. I did a quick assesment and realised she would need more materials than the hospital pharmacy currently had in store. I could have my staff get from a nearby pharmacy too. However, the husband said he had no money on him and so did the numerous relatives that accompanied. It was indeed a familiar pattern. I decided to let them go. I referred her to a government hospital. Ofcourse they pleaded for me to help but there was nothing I could do. Few minutes after they left - just few metres from my hospital gate, she collapsed. She had lost a lot of blood. I rushed there and rigorously tried resuscitating her right there outside the hospital 2am early morning, but all efforts proved abortive. A young woman of 28years had just died after having her first baby. Screams, wails, cries ensued. I felt bad - this is not why i became a doctor. But her blood is not on my hands.

Her blood is on the hands and heads of all the patients on the ward who can afford to pay but refused to - on the grounds that - "What will they do?. Her blood is on the hands and heads of the government officials past and present who have made it difficult and impossible for workers to get paid for their work. But the government officials are not the target of this my narrat. It is aimed at those who take hospital healthcare and medical doctors for granted. Those (including myself) who emphasise that doctors should not put money first before treating emergency conditions. In emergency cases, relatives would go to any length through any struggle to get money. As soon as the situation becomes calm, they relax and then they refuse to pay.

Last year a distant relative of mine was delivered of her baby via Caesearian section (in a hospital in Lagos- not mine). They were billed #180,000 which they accepted before the operation. After the surgery, her husband called me and asked how much I charge and i told him. He then began pleading with the management of the said hospital to review his bill. They declined. The husband being who he is, paid #120,000 and absconded with his wife and his newly born son. How he did this, I do not know, but i know that at the christening ceremony a week later, he had two cows slaughtered to celebrate the birth of his first son.

Many times we complain of doctors who ask for charges before treating patients but no one has ever bothered to ask the doctors why they do? Doctors are humans too, we need to pay bills. This is our trade, our profession, our means of livelihood. We have needs too. We can not go to the market place with the ID showing that we're doctors and hope to get food items on credit. We need to pay our children's school fees, we need clothes , shelter etc just as you. Everywhere in the world healthcare is expensive, both services and materials are exepensive. Well we understand that you may not have money. The government should find a way. The government should find a way/policy that ensures that we get our money back after we have rendered our service. In the UK there is the National Health Scheme, in the United states they have health insurance schemes too in addition to Medicare, Medicaid. In Nigeria we have the barely effective, poorly regulated and massively corrupt National Health Insurance Scheme.

Well i have decided to change the modus operandi of my institution. The previous one has not benefitted anybody. Henceforth if any one comes to my emergency room without a dime. I will not attend to. If such a person dies, the blood is not on my hands, its on the hands of those who have received treatment in the past and failed to pay afterwards.

[size=18pt]What happened to the Hippocratic oath taken when you were enrolled by the medical council? Or, this doesn't happen in Nigeria anymore?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by oglalasioux(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
My brother, their blood is not on your hands. It's in the hands of people that drove the white man (who wanted to take away the animal out of the black man) away in the name of independence.

We are so so retard. Imagine someone absconding from a hospital and killing two cows thereafter for his child's naming ceremony. And we'll call the doctors and nurses evil.

Obasanjo introduced the NHIS. But the animal in the black African didn't allow us see it's the only way such situations can be curbed.

The black man's hope to think rationally is in the next 100 years.

7 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by lavante(m): 9:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
KweenSisan:
Well..uve said d truth...buh is just...piple dnt always act d same way..deres still gonna b a group of rich guys who wud prolly wanna pay more...dose who genuinly value deir health..money could also come frm dere
. Hello I wish you knew what obtains. , I had a rich rich Man recently asked for a 90percent waiver for hospital bill. Hardly does anyone want to pay for health.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
datigbogirl:

Your last statement is what I'll like you to retract...let's be practical here.. Most patient can afford hospital bills but will rather abscond dan pay! Doctors have nurses,cleaners,security,lab technician and other doctors to pay....he has a wife and children to cater for their feeding,clothing, etc...even if he does " everything within his capabilities " by starving himself to death wat of these other people i mentioned? Are they going to hear dat one? These ate the things people should consider but I've noticed humans are just innately wicked and ignorant cos they see it as a Doctor making a fortune out of his misfortune...ds is probably one of the causes of poor-health seeking behaviour in d country...they'll rather abscond or perhaps beat you up after treating them...i can't wait to open my clinic and you'll see pay b4 service written boldly at the nurses counter...no shame in dat cos i and my workers are just like any other civil servants dat work because they have needs...dats wat we have to do to eke out a living...

no argument, but it will make more sense if doctors can live by the mantra "live first"...
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by datigbogirl: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
ericlove4all:
Chief same situation am facing. Cannot pay my staff promptly yet patients keep pleading. If I show you our debtors list you will cry for me. Yet bills keep coming every month from various agencies and groups affiliated with the govt. Am currently planning on closing down the hospital.

Imagine... Na to open beer parlour business sure pass...i can assure you that you stand a better chance getting your bills settled quicker when people consume alcohol dan giving people dr hospital bills....and they'll still have the mouth & guts to tell you nonsense about "hippocritical oath" dats Nigerians for you...claiming to be smart yet are very fooolish people!

10 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by samdes02(m): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
claremont:

If I were you, I would rather quit being a Doctor than do the bolded. If you choose to place money before a life, you are in violation of the oath you swore to protect life. What I particularly find disgusting is that you try to justify your actions on the premise that a few patients in the past refused to pay you, you are now making your future patients vicariously liable for the handiwork of your previous patients. It makes no sense mate, just choose a different career path.
now that's rather unfair to the doc. You don't find it DISGUSTING that patients more often than not would prefer to give all they have to the pastors/imams/herbalist/ "chemists" etc.,who worsen things and yield no results only to come to the hospital and declare "bankruptcy". Fact is Doctors are humans and they have needs just as everyone else. IT'S not a sin for one to earn from his/her practice.

9 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by julybaba(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
yetseyi:

An average Nigerian wont contribute.
either contribute or consult herbalist.
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by datigbogirl: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Fedric:
closing down is never the best option

Abi nah...make hin continue to dey stress hinsef until hin die of high b.p & stroke... Na d best option be dat jarey...
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by samdes02(m): 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
EreluY:

[size=18pt]What happened to the Hippocratic oath taken when you were enrolled by the medical council? Or, this doesn't happen in Nigeria anymore?[/size]
jeez! Now I just got angrier , seriously?

9 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by datigbogirl: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nelico:
My dear colleague its d same story every where. Most patients & their relatives refuse to pay after u've suffered to treat them without full payment. I did emergency C.S. on a friends wife since february last year and saved the life of both the woman & her baby boy for only N 120,000, which covers drugs, theatre fee, surgeon fee, bed fee, medical & nursing care, blood transfused. Despite the guy being very rich with flashy cars & child dedication ceremony of over 1.5 million, he has refused on his wicked wife's advice not to offset his balance of 40K. If a Dr declines to treat on credit, wailers & end time nairalanders will come to rant against us.

Can you imagine even the wife you saved her life still went ahead to sabotage your gains....see why i said patients ate just innately wicked nothing more! I have no shame in not pitying patients cos they don't mind infecting you with the disease if that will make dem whole and still go ahead to deny you of your bills and beat you up if you talk too much...

#unfathomable wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Drfinn: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
My noble colleague I feel your pain. It's a reoccurring decimal in every part of Nigeria. The amount of debt owed my facility last year was staggering. I tried severally to recoup always met with pleas and cries.

It takes a doctor with a heart for humanity such as yours to attend to patients before asking for money. It's rather saddening that these patients and their relatives hardly appreciate or seem to reciprocate your kindness. I managed a case of eclampsia last year. D lady was rushed to d clinic while I was in another city. I abandoned every engagement, rushed back and took charge of the situation. Dat was 7months ago. Till date her people are yet to settle their bills.

D one dat hurts was a woman whose child was admitted in a critical condition. After painstakingly taking care of this child. The mother turned around to abuse my workers and vowed never to pay her outstanding bills. Dat was 5 months ago. Till date am yet to c a dime. D list is endless.

Dats why when people bash doctors anyhow I only laugh at their foolishness. They don't know the pains, sacrifice, sleepless nights and inconveniences you endure to see dat another of God's creature recover from whatever malady dat befell dem. The life of a doctor revolves around people. His/her patients.

The failure of society, by dat I mean government, religious organisations, and media to appreciate health is one of the reasons doctors seem to turn the blind eye. The government cares less about the Health and health needs of the citizenry. Primary health care is virtually absent in this country. And where it exists, under funding is a major issue. Religious organisations have taken it upon demselves to play God with people's health. A pregnant woman almost lost her baby simply because her supposed bishop kicked against cesarean section. My boss was helpless. It took wisdom for me to convince her before she accepted. Baby survived was referred to see a neonatologist!

The media seem to glamorise the quackery of herbal practitioners. A day doesn't go by without seeing these evil people on television programs advertising there fake herbs. A woman once came with a gallon of concoction to see me at the clinic. She told me one of these herbal doctors gave her to enable her conceive a boy cos her husband and his people her on her neck. This woman was supposedly educated. I laughed at her folly and counsel her right. Today she's a proud mother of two boys. I believe the media need to downgrade the publicity given these wolves in sheep clothing.

To my noble colleague and all doctors let's continue to be guided by the physician's oath we took. It's a calling. However, let's put measures in place to recoup every penny expended on our patients. It has been my belief that human life comes first. I will continue to uphold the sanctity of human life. And I pray that government, religious organisations, the media and indeed every one join hands in building a health nation. Health is wealth.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Leopantro: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
claremont:

It's not every treatment though, is it?! He still gets paid from patients, from in-house Pharmacy, and from Sales Reps. I understand that some patients choose not to pay, but future emergencies shouldn't be sacrificed on the grounds that patients in the past didn't pay. The oath the OP swore to protect life first at all costs also applies in Nigeria. It's just my opinion.

Story.
What if he employs you in the hospital and at the end of the month tells you that his patients haven't paid but because of his Oath he can't force them to pay and you should wait till next month. Your mouth will change.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by EmmyUrch: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
idris4r83:
If accumulating wealth is what you are looking for after studying medicine then u are in for a ride. A medical degree can only make u sufficient but not rich.

#Senseless

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by datigbogirl: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dharniel:

no argument, but it will make more sense ID doctors can live by the mantra "live first"...

You're just being purely impractical and do not understand that times have changed.... In those days doctors were revered wherever they went...they were housed for free,they were loved fed and protected...thats why people saw them as demi-gods...they weren't practising it for money den cos they had all dr needs catered for by people and d government...they were more like house of assembly members or ministers...can dse same things still be done in ds dispensation?

If i make d mistake of revealing my identity in d market I'll be charged double not minding all d wahala we've been through in our place of work.

So see why your " live first " doesn't work here... Try not to quote words out of context cos it can mislead you...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by micfoley: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Really sad. Unfortunately very true. Why l respect doctors so much

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by EreluY(f): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
samdes02:
jeez! Now I just got angrier , seriously?

[size=16pt]Whilst I understand your frustration, all medical doctors in saner climes take the Hippocratic oath -- "a ​promise made by ​people when they ​become ​doctors to do everything ​possible to ​help ​their ​patients." You won't excuse a Reverend Father who took the celibacy oath and then go on shagging women under the excuse that "body no be wood." Would you?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Leopantro: 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Drfinn:
My noble colleague I feel your pain. It's a reoccurring decimal in every part of Nigeria. The amount of debt owed my facility last year was staggering. I tried severally to recoup always met with pleas and cries.

It takes a doctor with a heart for humanity such as yours to attend to patients before asking for money. It's rather saddening that these patients and their relatives hardly appreciate or seem to reciprocate your kindness. I managed a case of eclampsia last year. D lady was rushed to d clinic while I was in another city. I abandoned every engagement, rushed back and took charge of the situation. Dat was 7months ago. Till date her people are yet to settle their bills.

D one dat hurts was a woman whose child was admitted in a critical condition. After painstakingly taking care of this child. The mother turned around to abuse my workers and vowed never to pay her outstanding bills. Dat was 5 months ago. Till date am yet to c a dime. D list is endless.

Dats why when people bash doctors anyhow I only laugh at their foolishness. They don't know the pains, sacrifice, sleepless nights and inconveniences you endure to see dat another of God's creature recover from whatever malady dat befell dem. The life of a doctor revolves around people. His/her patients.

The failure of society, by dat I mean government, religious organisations, and media to appreciate health is one of the reasons doctors seem to turn the blind eye. The government cares less about the Health and health needs of the citizenry. Primary health care is virtually absent in this country. And where it exists, under funding is a major issue. Religious organisations have taken it upon demselves to play God with people's health. A pregnant woman almost lost her baby simply because her supposed bishop kicked against cesarean section. My boss was helpless. It took wisdom for me to convince her before she accepted. Baby survived was referred to see a neonatologist!

The media seem to glamorise the quackery of herbal practitioners. A day doesn't go by without seeing these evil people on television programs advertising there fake herbs. A woman once came with a gallon of concoction to see me at the clinic. She told me one of these herbal doctors gave her to enable her conceive a boy cos her husband and his people her on her neck. This woman was supposedly educated. I laughed at her folly and counsel her right. Today she's a proud mother of two boys. I believe the media need to downgrade the publicity given these wolves in sheep clothing.

To my noble colleague and all doctors let's continue to be guided by the physician's oath we took. It's a calling. However, let's put measures in place to recoup every penny expended on our patients. It has been my belief that human life comes first. I will continue to uphold the sanctity of human life. And I pray that government, religious organisations, the media and indeed every one join hands in building a health nation. Health is wealth.

For how long will you be father Christmas. Note that even in America, that places health on a high level, you must pay if you are not in insurance. If you can't pay, they would stabilize you and bounce you. You have a family to take care of and bills to pay.

As for religion, a girl has tetanus and was taken to a church were she s was told it was evil spirits. During the prayer session her two hands were broken. When the spirit refused to leave they referred her to our hospital. First was a down payment before admission and at the end of treatment, we also charged for her stupidity ( a graduate)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by amunites19(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
Some doctors are really good and very helpful, but I think the best way to solve Nigerian health problems is doctors must find another extra way of making money instead of completely depending of their medical processes. Medical system is like men of God who try preach for God, ones they totally depend on it as their main source of income they can never get it right.

1 Like

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by Jacko01: 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
Very nice looking at it from a doctors view
Its true nigerians from southwest can beg a lot because they used to native doctor
They dont value doctors until dey r close to death
Her blood is truly not on ur hands
Thank God dey did not attack you oh doctor

2 Likes

Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by ikombe: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
dexpotter:
You have a right judgement. But should the latter be punished for the sins of those that came before them? What if u were not a doc n ur wife or mother fall into similar situation n u are not dere 2 hlp financially @ dat moment??
Is this wan encouraging owing of doctors
Re: Her Blood Is Not On My Hands - The Travails Of A Nigerian Medical Doctor by barnabas91: 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
dexpotter:
You have a right judgement. But should the latter be punished for the sins of those that came before them? What if u were not a doc n ur wife or mother fall into similar situation n u are not dere 2 hlp financially @ dat moment??
u dont know what u r saying.
Thats his profession, dats whr he eat from.
He need money to pay staffs and run d mgt well.
If it was a charity hospital, someone or d govt wl fund d bill, even govt hosp is nt free.
I totally understand d heart-cry of d man.
#peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hard Drugs Affect Man Who Couldn't Get A Job In Delta / 10 Things You Should Never Do When You’re Angry / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.