Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? (18807 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / How To Tell Your Boss You Disagree / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by midolian(m): 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
nkemjacob2:
My co staff cautioned me, that if i am living this work, i should take my money first before living without giving the managment notice ahead. I work in a school. I have two thoughts in my mind lingering. "if i leave d students just that way, they might be affected cos of their exam, and other staffs who left earlier had d problem of not been paid, or force a struggle before been paid with salary slashed.. And i needed to liv @ end of the month. I told d mangement in particular am leaving notifying them month ahead. Behold i was not paid.... "Unitl they find my replacement nd consider to pay. My salary went on a journey of no return. D question is, is it good to collect ur salary without informing ur boss b4 leaving or notify them ahead which is better?
I would advice you don't leave without informing your boss if you have included your time teaching in this school as working experience in your CV..

Your new employer might want to know more about you and resort to your boss. If you left without informing him(your boss), he would most likely say all sort of terrible things about you to your new employer and u know what it means.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by olagamalin(m): 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2016
Before I delve to proffer advice into the nitty gritty of your impending decision. It's important I draw attention to the couching of your complaint. HABA!!...is there any law preventing you from proofreading this before subsequent posting. Like a caring commenter posed upstairs...."I pray and earnestly hope you do not teach English" because you will not be missed. cheesy

My brother, you can do better .....The whole world is rooting for you.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by femi4: 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
If it's a school, or any other low pay grade establishment, pls and pls, never make d mistake of revealing u want to resign.. just take ur mudafvkin money and leave.
u again, you no dey rest ni
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Just your exit properly to fall within the vacation period
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by stanley000: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
take an advice from someone who have been there and done that:leave without notifying them oo,they are not understanding enough to understand resignation letters oo

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Oooops: 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
Flee...

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by ladyF(f): 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
Wow, I am more concerned about the school. If they employ a teacher that writes like this, what exactly are the students learning?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by IAmTobore(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
nkemjacob2:
My co staff cautioned me, that if i am living this work, i should take my money first before living without giving the managment notice ahead. I work in a school. I have two thoughts in my mind lingering. "if i leave d students just that way, they might be affected cos of their exam, and other staffs who left earlier had d problem of not been paid, or force a struggle before been paid with salary slashed.. And i needed to liv @ end of the month. I told d mangement in particular am leaving notifying them month ahead. Behold i was not paid.... "Unitl they find my replacement nd consider to pay. My salary went on a journey of no return. D question is, is it good to collect ur salary without informing ur boss b4 leaving or notify them ahead which is better?
If i were you, i would prepare a resignation letter and hand it to the immidiately after receiving my salary. No need to notify them ahead.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by IAmTobore(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
ladyF:
Wow, I am more concerned about the school. If they employ a teacher that writes like this, what exactly are the students learning?

Can you just be serious?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by emilyone(f): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
Just collect your peanuts and leave the place jejely with your mouth sealed. l believe you were not given an appointment letter anyway?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by madgoat(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
Take it and run joor
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by olarhtunji(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
if they would ban me forever on Nairaland they should better do that right away because what am about to say is something paining me very much

why is that Muslims can come on Christian threads and spill bullsh!t about my religiion and when I go to there own thread it is guided with some writings telling me to declare there religion as mine And if i hit "NO" the thread disappears If you are going to be ban me better do because I won't sit back and let my religion be abused and am not scared to say it that Nairaland is biased lalasticlala come and ban me right now!!.... that's the worst you can do...and if you don't ban me then I need an explanation why its like that!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Goldenboy007(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
Blood of Zechariah shocked shocked...you are a teacher in a school and you spell "leaving" as "living" Don't resign, you should be sacked !!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Sunmibare6(m): 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
marsoden:
I hope it's not English that you are teaching? That language just got murdered and buried by you.
.....I thought I was the only one that noticed until I saw yo comment.."Living instead of "leaving",,,and "staffs instead of "staff",the plural of "staff remains "staff" """""#peace#
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by ladyF(f): 3:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
IAmTobore:
Can you just be serious?
For you to think I'm not serious.

Imagine you send your child to a school, and his teacher sends you an email with the grammar and structure just like this. Will you be worried or not?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by IAmTobore(m): 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
ladyF:

For you to think I'm not serious.

Imagine you send your child to a school, and his teacher sends you an email with the grammar and structure just like this. Will you be worried or not?
You know say school get standards. Every standard has it's correspoonding teacher.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by zubby29(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
take ur money and write resignment letter
hahahaga.badosneh.dem go kidnap u walahi
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by zubby29(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
stanley000:
take an advice from someone who have been there and done that:leave without notifying them oo,they are not understanding enough to understand resignation letters oo
lol.most Nigeria so called private schools treat der staff like slave.dats d more reason I don't support u inform dem
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Julietcutie(f): 4:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
If it's a school, or any other low pay grade establishment, pls and pls, never make d mistake of revealing u want to resign.. just take ur mudafvkin money and leave.
I like how u stated it...lol grin
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Sunnycliff(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
It depends on the relationship existing between you and your boss. When I resigned I told my Institution through a resignation letter though I had been pre informing some of my colleagues before then. But had it been my former boss who retired before my leaving, I would have just taken my salary and take off unannounced!

#proudlyselfemployed
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by yungchop: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
You are a teacher? I hope say no be English you dey teach sha.

If it's one of those small organisations that pay salary inside brown envelope, my brother collect your salary and disappear.
English no be him mama tongue na grin
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by 1k001(m): 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
It's always best to be honorable and do the right thing regardless of projected outcome. You might end up being screwed over but you will always be known as principled. The guide to your action is dependent on a few variables:

- Do you have a contract? What does it say? abide by it by all means. Strive masiyiwa in one of his epic FB posts writes about this. His advise is; regardless of how bad a situation is or contract terms may be, one must always live up to what they sign.

- No contract? What is the standard in the space. Do people generally give a notice prior to leaving? If so, how much? Abide by those standards and norms

Whatever you do, do not suddenly stop showing to work. Always fore warn your employer. It may come back to bite you in the future otherwise.

Quick anecdote:

I recently hired a young man who was volunteering for a firm as he'd been jobless after NYSC. When i gave him the job, i asked when can he start. He said to me: ' i have to give the guy i'm volunteering for 1 week notice that i will be leaving'. Now note that he wasn't being paid, he was only a volunteer. I knew i'd hired the right kind of attitude.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by excel101(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
nkemjacob2:
if it is one man biz its advisable to get your salary before informing your boss, cos it would be difficult the getting your salary the other way round. For an organised company i think you need to tender your resignation, cos wit little time your pay-off packages would be ready and also keeping the good relationship cos of its reference in your CV.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by hero2000: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2016
Chanchit:
I remember the first job I did after leaving secondary school, I was so bored, immediately collected my salary, I just went outside, they thought I wanted to go and buy something, na house get me direct I spent 14days on the job.

You see, you did that because you were a child. Hope you've grown up now- now offense intended.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by souljaboi51(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
how on earth are you a teacher with this kind of English? please leave and let them find someone better. i don think you are adding value to the life of the children. how did you even get hired in the first place.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by doncent12(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
if you have sense don't tell them...I was teaching in a private school I schooled ,was close to the owner. I later got a better job as per good boy ,I told the owner and stayed till the exam period finished. Brotherly,till today I have not been paid that salary. That was since 2014. if you love your money, tell them you are leaving after you have been paid.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Chanchit: 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2016
hero2000:

You see, you did that because you were a child. Hope you've grown up now- now offense intended.

I woke up tired in the first sunday of this month after just returning from a SW state around past 12am on saturday, I couldn't make it to the church I play keyboard, I've told them I might not make it back on sunday already but I would get someone to fill in for me, the guy I contacted has agreed to go *i would pay him when he returns* I told him the service would start by 9:30, I called him @exactly 8:50, he said he's on the way only for me to start receiving calls @9:45, it turns out the guy did not show up and I've told them I'm not in Lagos so I can't just show up out of no nowhere. Fortunately saturday evening the CM saw a friend of mine that come in to play Bass once in a while, he play little keyboard too, so he asked him to come help out. I later sent a msg to the pastor, explaining why I couldn't make it to church he didn't reply, that's the third time I'ld be sending a msg to him without getting a reply, considering the way he fired two drummer btw the 2yrs and 3months I played there, I just decided to fire myself before he fires me. I didn't show Up on tuesday/thursday, they started calling my phone on sunday when they had no one to play, I didn't pick. Cos I fired myself.
My plan was to quit by April then find them a replacement, but the pastor has really been getting on my nerves in the last 2months, well I guess I've still not grown up.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
Julietcutie:

I like how u stated it...lol grin
cool
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Eyekandi:

Mudafukin you dey vex?
yh yh. Selfish boss ddnt pay me wen I gv him a two week notice. So I stand on my ground on dat cool
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Cutehector(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
vicchi12:

I like that boldness...seghsy!
wink cool
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by sholay2011(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
If it's a school, please retract this your advice. You should also be concerned about the young minds in your care who might be academically affected by your abrupt disappearance.

Do your own part to make Nigeria a better place.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
Cutehector:
phew dats wad dey all say wen dey afraid..

U always too frigging blunt!

This should explain my first quote... I say so cos of ur comment on GenomI's post the other day! where she talked about meeting the HR in NSE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Week As Teacher / Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.