Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? (18809 Views)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / How To Tell Your Boss You Disagree / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by joanana(f): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Op please if you have a better a offer and u have the letter of the new employer with you. Pleaseeeeeeee..... Give your employer a.months notice to avoid unnecessary suits .... Some employers are evil and they can go to any length to destroy your career.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
yungchop:
English no be him mama tongue na grin
lol. True talk... grin
Long time no see.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by yungchop: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

lol. True talk... grin
Long time no see.
abi na, happi Easter celeb, how e go be na?? Na chicken or turkey?
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by lonelydora: 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2016
delishpot:
Take action based on how the authority treats teachers who were sincere and played by the book.

Gbam
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Originalsly: 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
The right thing to do is to give your employer 30 days notice whether or not it is written in the contract. The right thing the employer should do is make your salary available shortly after you leave or on the next pay date if it is a well run establishment. From what you wrote..... the employer is a cheat.... grab your money, next day inform the boss that you have a personal emergency....meaning it is not up for discussion.... the following day call to inform him you aren't sure when you would be able to return and instead of being fired you'll be sending in your letter of resignation. I think this is a better way out than just grabbing the money and telling him he can now take his ehmmm..... slavery job and shove it up his ehmmmm......vacancy list!
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by QOBB: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
I did same three weeks ago and behold I wasn't paid yesterday that my other colleagues received alerts on their payment.
It's just bad systems everywhere...

Well I was warned not to inform them but I need to make sure I don't have any score to settle with them on my departure especially cos of the new place I will be going to.
The main reason I gave them the notice.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
if you will need their recommendation in future, do the needful but if not, just vanish with your last pay
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by sisisioge: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
Oga, the right thing is to follow the agreement as stated in your offer letter . However, one should learn to tailor each dress according to avail material. Since you've been warned about their behavior, you ought not to have taken chances. Your boss is incorrigible, u sef for show street wisdom. Anyways, the remaining teachers should learn from your experience.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
Follow the advise of ur Co worker

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by aolumaxi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
I hope u r not teaching the students English Language cos dat would be dangerful.... #leaving_Not_Living
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by RuuDie(m): 1:02am On Mar 26, 2016
Cutehector:
If it's a school, or any other low pay grade establishment, pls and pls, never make d mistake of revealing u want to resign.. just take ur mudafvkin money and leave.

No be lie!

E do me, follow come do my sis... And dis wan na for inside ogbonge companies wen get mouth o!
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 26, 2016
nkemjacob2:
My co staff cautioned me, that if i am living this work, i should take my money first before living without giving the managment notice ahead. I work in a school. I have two thoughts in my mind lingering. "if i leave d students just that way, they might be affected cos of their exam, and other staffs who left earlier had d problem of not been paid, or force a struggle before been paid with salary slashed.. And i needed to liv @ end of the month. I told d mangement in particular am leaving notifying them month ahead. Behold i was not paid.... "Unitl they find my replacement nd consider to pay. My salary went on a journey of no return. D question is, is it good to collect ur salary without informing ur boss b4 leaving or notify them ahead which is better?

Cannot believe a teacher does not know how to use the word 'leave'...
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2016
Awww i luv wat i saw on ur profile pics
kenonze:
In Fact give him a month Notice.

I hope u are not a teacher there?

Your English is very bad.

Leaving... .... . Not living .
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 26, 2016
RICHIEKIN:
Awww i luv wat i saw on ur profile pics

Thanks boo

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Udofire(m): 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lwkmd
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by ckuteg(f): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
For those still refering to his typographical error, do u still have to mention it over and over, we already read it in earlier comments. For the record, we should learn to constructively correct and critizise others no one is above mistake.....am sure at one point in time we might have mispelt some words.I believe op has seen his error you don't have to mention it again. Just comment on possible solutions and ideas to his deliberation.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:16am On Mar 27, 2016
Eyekandi:

Mudafukin you dey vex?

U no go understand dear, na men wey understand the kind d scope and sense wey all those one man business usually use would understand hectors point, those people can be so frustrating....

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:

Thanks boo
send me yr whatsapp num
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 27, 2016
Lolaabokoku:
Follow the advise of ur Co worker
hmmmmm
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 27, 2016
RICHIEKIN:
send me yr whatsapp num

What for

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
kenonze:

What for
lolz sorry just for private talk or u send me ur pin den

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by SenatorJames(m): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2016
You can take your leave after collecting your salary, most of these private schools don't have standard labour law, but don't try it in your new company if they are well organized, you can pay with all your life savings for that.
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by yeyedeysmell(f): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2016
If itz a corporate organization or govt job, pls resign properly... #Xperience
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2016
kenonze:

What for
for a decent and respectful talk
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by omaraji: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
...with the use of softwares like SPSS, Eviews,PcGive, STATA,Matlab,SQL, VBA and Microsoft Excel forecasting, Business, Social Research & Fixed income Analytic, we equip you with the right skills to break good.

SPSS Training Session
Please call in for seat reservation and more information.
Date: April 16/17, 2016
Venue: Terra Kulture,Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Fee: On-request
Add-ons: Stata 11.1SE and Eviews 7.0 software free plus video tutorials.

Note: Those interested in any other tool should indicate for a different session.

Kingsley
kingsleyukwuoma@gmail.com
Re: Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? by samjadinero(m): 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
Study how things are done there and act accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My First Week As Teacher / Is Studying Geology A Good Choice? / Agricultural Enginering Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.