Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (23307 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by ExAngel007(f): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that most of the injustices and marginalization alleged to have been meted on Ndigbo in Nigeria were self-inflicted.

The former governor spoke in Awka, the Anambra State Capital during the grand reunion of Osisiona Foundation founded by Dr. Chike Obidigbo, former All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), gubernatorial aspirant in the state.

Obi who was accompanied by his supporters to the event said that Igbos choose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you.

Most governors of South East, he said, don’t attend relevant meetings and when they attend they do not have patience to stay in such meetings.The former governor who was intermittently cheered by hissupporters at the occasion said that as APGA Governor, there was no Governor who got more than him from the centre when he superintended Anambra State.He said in the Millennium Development Goals (MDG’s), no state except Gombe State, apparently, where the woman in charge hails from, got more than Anambra State.Endorsing Dr. Obidigbo for the 2017 Anambra State Governorship race, the former governor who indicated his interest to run for the Anambra Central Senatorial Zone against the APGA candidate, Chief Victor Umeh, said it is people like Obidigbo who are employers and wealth creators that should be given opportunity to rule Anambra State.

He said that if people who have never invested nor employed people were entrusted with power, they receive allocation and embark on frolic of their own to squander it because they have never known how to handle money.In his speech, the traditional ruler of Nteje, Igwe Roland Odegbo, said the traditional rulers and religious leaders in the State were working hard to reconcile Obi and his successor, Governor Willie Obiano, saying that a lot of people in the State will not like the peace move because of what they benefit from this quarrel, but they will fail.

Calling for respect for traditional rulers in Igbo land, Igwe Odegbo challenged those who forment trouble in the State to desist from it or face the wrath of the people and thgods.Dr. Obigdigbo said that he was prepared for yet another round of political battle in 2017, urging his supporters and people of goodwill to remain prayerful and unwavering as they jointly pursue this agenda of honest and quality leadership for the great people of Anambra State.

“It is often said that quitters don’t win and winners don’t quit. We are winners and refuse to quit because God cannot be found in an abandoned project,” he said.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/03/Marginalization-of-Igbos-self-inflicted--Obi/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Greenback: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Am pretty sure zombies will showcase and practicalise their latest skills in mouthfoaming over this thread...
Wheres my pop_corn jare?
Btw
#2gbosa4elrufai.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Sealeddeal(m): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2016
Anybody that can purge Willie Obiano and his band of criminals will have my support.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by adegunwa4real(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2016
Looks like this man is asking for K.O from the igbos...oya...its time to *FINiSH HiM*!!!

Let d bashing begin

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Aphrygian(m): 9:02am On Mar 26, 2016
And d ones here wont realize, when tinubu was mending political bridges they were shouting almajiri up and down.listen they wont listen Na wetin una own just say. Abeg all dis likes na for me alone or for all my family members?

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by gwales: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2016
Ipad yoots food don land

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by AtlanticBreeze: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Whoever still takes this deceptive, selfish and greedy man seriously. This same person that didn't attract any meaningful FG projects to Anambra for 8 years despite always frequenting Aso rock and romancing GEJ.
I want him to contest the senatorial rerun so he can lose and finally go home

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by AtlanticBreeze: 9:19am On Mar 26, 2016
Aphrygian:
And d ones here wont realize, when tinubu was mending political bridges they were shouting almajiri up and down.listen they wont listen Na wetin una own just say.
So what are the yorubas benefitting from the polical bridge? Seems yOu dont realize the fulanis have used and dumped tinubu and his bridge

43 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by afroniger: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Whoever still takes this deceptive, selfish and greedy man seriously. This same person that didn't attract any meaningful FG projects to Anambra for 8 years despite always frequenting Aso rock and romancing GEJ.

Nna bros, I have observed that you irrationally HATE Peter Obi with a passion, maka why?? Remember that he made your Hero Obiano governor. At least give credit to whom it is due. Hian!!

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by modath(f): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2016
Obi who said that Igbos choose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you.

This Peter Obi is a man to be wary of, he is one of the reasons that the SE didn't build bridges... he told them they were self sufficient & could get things done on their own lonesome , postured that maximum hostility was the way to go.. angry

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/how-peter-obi-killed-apc-in-igbo-land/128574.html

http://saharareporters.com/2014/03/07/peter-obi’s-misleading-ethnocentrism-osita-nwaka

Same man is now claiming that they chose to be spectators!! Haba nah, uncool & b1t*hass move!!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by biafran1stson(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2016
Nobody should take this man seriously. He will surely account for the evil he committed against the people of Igbo in due time. Obi is a traitor and a political harlot

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by BlackTechnology: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2016
" He said that if people who have never invested nor employed people were entrusted with power, they receive allocation and embark on frolic of their own to squander it because they have never known how to handle money " PETER OBI 2016 MARCH

Can someone see why Buhari is a failure

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2016
waiting for IPOB bashing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Beremx(f): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2016
Peter Obi should tell Igbos who was responsible for the killings of MASSOB members thrown into Ezi River.

12 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by GODISGREAT123: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2016
Peter Obi, we have heard. Bring your Obidigbo in 2017 and lets see how it goes. That is if he gets ur PDP ticket ahead of Andy Ubah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Ariani: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Obi is yet to account for the Ezu river murder of Igbo youths.

Let him be running his mouth talking trash, maybe he thinks we have forgotten.

His day of reckoning is coming, already he is now a political non entity in Anambra, I pity Obidigbo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by MarysMeal: 9:39am On Mar 26, 2016
BlackTechnology:
" He said that if people who have never invested nor employed people were entrusted with power, they receive allocation and embark on frolic of their own to squander it because they have never known how to handle money " PETER OBI 2016 MARCH

Why so obsessed with Buhari? Is he responsible for your failure in life?

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by asha80(m): 9:41am On Mar 26, 2016
GODISGREAT123:
Peter Obi, we have heard. Bring your Obidigbo in 2017 and lets see how it goes. That is if he gets ur PDP ticket ahead of Andy Ubah.
so if they leave you will not mind Andy uba becoming your governor?

3 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by BlackTechnology: 9:42am On Mar 26, 2016
MarysMeal:

Why so obsessed with Buhari? Is he responsible for your failure in life?

I never knew you are a witch to know if I am a success or failure.

I hope the prayers of Christians this Easter won't catch you.

4 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by MarysMeal: 9:42am On Mar 26, 2016
Peter Obi is a shameless man - Willie Obianno (2016)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2016
It is like Obiano fans have invaded the thread grin

As for 2017, I'm sure the good people of Anambra state will decide
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by greatiyk4u(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2016
This is not far from the truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Toosure70: 9:43am On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
But always praise GEJ for many project is South east.

1 Like

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Toosure70: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2016
Thank God o, senses don dey go round another iPad don get sense.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by MarysMeal: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2016
afroniger:

Nna bros, I have observed that you irrationally HATE Peter Obi with a passion, maka why?? Remember that he made your Hero Obiano governor. At least give credit to whom it is due. Hian!!

What about you that hate anything Buhari?

Hypocrite!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by MarysMeal: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2016
BlackTechnology:

I never knew you are a witch to know if I am a success or failure.
I hope the prayers of Christians this Easter won't catch you.

buhaha!
Calling a fellow human a failure shows you are a failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by DaBullIT(m): 9:52am On Mar 26, 2016
I know they detest the truth with passion

Anyone telling it is either a greed, selfish bastris

Or the person is in Tinubu's pocket

Just stating the obvious

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by modath(f): 9:56am On Mar 26, 2016
BlackTechnology:

& the heroic IB is a combination of Dangote, Otudeko, Adenuga Umeofia & Samad Rabiu?
What a cruel irony.. smiley

You people won't learn to stop throwing eggs from your glass abodes lest mini rocks are sent the other way!!

You are calling someone a failure & claiming easter/christianity..... really? Is that what the word teaches us to do?? You must be reading your bible from bottom up, right to left I'm sure!!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by BlackTechnology: 10:08am On Mar 26, 2016
modath:

& the heroic IB is a combination of Dangote, Otudeko, Adenuga Umeofia & Samad Rabiu?
What a cruel irony.. smiley

You people won't learn to stop throwing eggs from your glass abodes lest mini rocks are sent the other way!!

You are calling someone a failure & claiming easter/christianity..... really? Is that what the word teaches us to do?? You must be reading your bible from bottom up, right to left I'm sure!!

You are free to hang yourself

Buhari is a failure and disgrace to the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Pwayne2016(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
did he snatch ur wife from you?? Why are you so pained

2 Likes

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Abagworo(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Politicians are like Messi. They dribble you inside out and score their goal without mercy. The Obiano you are fighting for has foreseen to death of several Igbos since he became Governor and was the 1st Igbo Governor to go pledge loyalty to Buhari immediately Jonathan lost.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/gov-obiano-visits-buhari/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by modath(f): 10:20am On Mar 26, 2016
BlackTechnology:

Buhari is a failure and disgrace to the world

Of course, when the world as you know it is coloured by myopia & PTSD occasioned by election defeat ....

I know your type, 38mths of bitterness still left to live through can render anyone emotionally unbalanced so I get the irrational attitude.

Now run along & roll a threadbare tyre down your street... cool

37 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marginalisation: Ekweremadu, Obi, Soludo, Others To Meet / Babajide Sanwo-Olu's 54th Birthday Pictures / UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.