Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi (23326 Views)

Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
afroniger:

Nna bros, I have observed that you irrationally HATE Peter Obi with a passion, maka why?? Remember that he made your Hero Obiano governor. At least give credit to whom it is due. Hian!!
so he's accomplishment after 8 years is making obiano governor,
now he's opposing him. During peter obi's reign as governor the amount of touts & jobless youths were excessive but thanks to willie obiano security in the state has drastically improved. Those in anambra state know how upper iweka used to be.#WillieIsWorking

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2016
Aphrygian:
And d ones here wont realize, when tinubu was mending political bridges they were shouting almajiri up and down.listen they wont listen Na wetin una own just say.
Yes now, they are quick to rant but slow in reasoning .
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Aphrygian(m): 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
This is d peek of self delusion! Jus how has Tinubu been dumped?Tinubu's kinsmen re still occupying very sensitive post in this admin! Ur prayer for Baba to investigate Tinubu so that ipod clowns in town will sscream that hhe(tinubu) has been used and dumped will not happen!
you get time to reply that guy, he should look at the budget and see if the tinubu's effect is not manifesting already.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by gretblue: 12:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
BlackTechnology:

Why not come back and help Buhari rebuild Nigeria

If Buhari is not a failure, why are you still in a foreign country
Crying more than the bereaved. Stealing has become Corruption,hence definition of your Buhari failure.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

So what are the yorubas benefitting from the polical bridge? Seems yOu dont realize the fulanis have used and dumped tinubu and his bridge
OK o, better build one of such bridges for yourself.Wake up.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:
Whoever still takes this deceptive, selfish and greedy man seriously. This same person that didn't attract any meaningful FG projects to Anambra for 8 years despite always frequenting Aso rock and romancing GEJ.
I want him to contest the senatorial rerun so he can lose and finally go home
Untill you accept that you have a problem,you will not look for solution,for years,youpeople have have refused to accept that you are your own enemies,now that your own has identified the problem,he has become an enemy.

MrsPhyno:
He's confused. Marginalization being self inflicted is an oxymoron. This guy, this elder statesman should just keep his mouth closed....
So it is an oxymoron.......... so? undecided Doesn't mean he is confused, neither does your post pinpoint why he is wrong.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Sctests: 12:50pm On Mar 26, 2016
What is he saying that Ndigbo should do to get to the center because I didn't understand him at all?
Peter Obi never mentioned building bridges like some APCist are shouting here.

If the bridges Ndigbo built by voting Shagari, Yar adua, Obj is not enough for you ApCists to reciprocate. Then Ndigbo can't help you. Ndigbo will not kill themselves to make you happy.
Rather you will have die off as the country crumbles for Ndigbo to live since you can never be satisfied. #Hardtruths
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

So what are the yorubas benefitting from the polical bridge? Seems yOu dont realize the fulanis have used and dumped tinubu and his bridge
If they chose to align with Fulani against Igbo can't you live with that?When faced with two evils pick the less evil.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by smallJagaban: 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

MANY THINGS... INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, PORT, ECONOMY VIABILITY VIA LAGOS AND OGUN, IBADAN WHERE IBO RUSH TO HUSTLE. AND OTHER THINGS...

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
LastMumu:
So it is an oxymoron.......... so? undecided Doesn't mean he is confused, neither does your pinpoint why he is wrong.
Lmao. I don't have to do that.

The reason he is wrong is because marginalization, by definition, cannot be self-inflicted. Has nothing to do with the Igbos; go check Jews in Europe or Black-Americans in the USA.
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by modath(f): 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2016
zaynie:

Ouch

cheesy cheesy ... Baawo ni sis mi owon? Iyawo wa & Ana wa kekere?

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by tinsel: 12:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
Peter is one the reasons igbo youths are behaving they way are doing. He is part of the people that completely brain washed the igbo youths.
He was the governor that introduced the deportation of igbos from lagos politics and this put Ngige into a mess during the election with peter obi.
He was a governor when El- Rufai was locked in a hotel room in Awka, I watched Peter open his mouth in the television to say El- rufai is not welcomed in Anambra. He should go back to his hausa people.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by gretblue: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Electoral lost is worse than Electrical shock. More than 3yrs left to wail if not more.May God Almighty continue to protect and prolong PMB life, so that Stealing can forever become Corruption in Nigeria.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Bollinger(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
Unfortunately Nigerians don't understand their history. The Igbo's are marginalized because of the civil war and their undiplomatic and aggressive nature. It is unfortunate but it is the truth. Other tribes have not forgotten yet. Especially the north.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by histemple: 1:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Greenback:
Am pretty sure zombies will showcase and practicalise their latest skills in mouthfoaming over this thread...
Wheres my pop_corn jare?
Btw
#2gbosa4elrufai.

PRACTICALISE? What language is that because it is obviously not an English word.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by theDEVILisHERE: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
ExAngel007:
Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that most of the injustices and marginalization alleged to have been meted on Ndigbo in Nigeria were self-inflicted.

The former governor spoke in Awka, the Anambra State Capital during the grand reunion of Osisiona Foundation founded by Dr. Chike Obidigbo, former All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), gubernatorial aspirant in the state.

Obi who was accompanied by his supporters to the event said that Igbos choose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you.

Most governors of South East, he said, don’t attend relevant meetings and when they attend they do not have patience to stay in such meetings.The former governor who was intermittently cheered by hissupporters at the occasion said that as APGA Governor, there was no Governor who got more than him from the centre when he superintended Anambra State.He said in the Millennium Development Goals (MDG’s), no state except Gombe State, apparently, where the woman in charge hails from, got more than Anambra State.Endorsing Dr. Obidigbo for the 2017 Anambra State Governorship race, the former governor who indicated his interest to run for the Anambra Central Senatorial Zone against the APGA candidate, Chief Victor Umeh, said it is people like Obidigbo who are employers and wealth creators that should be given opportunity to rule Anambra State.

He said that if people who have never invested nor employed people were entrusted with power, they receive allocation and embark on frolic of their own to squander it because they have never known how to handle money.In his speech, the traditional ruler of Nteje, Igwe Roland Odegbo, said the traditional rulers and religious leaders in the State were working hard to reconcile Obi and his successor, Governor Willie Obiano, saying that a lot of people in the State will not like the peace move because of what they benefit from this quarrel, but they will fail.

Calling for respect for traditional rulers in Igbo land, Igwe Odegbo challenged those who forment trouble in the State to desist from it or face the wrath of the people and thgods.Dr. Obigdigbo said that he was prepared for yet another round of political battle in 2017, urging his supporters and people of goodwill to remain prayerful and unwavering as they jointly pursue this agenda of honest and quality leadership for the great people of Anambra State.

“It is often said that quitters don’t win and winners don’t quit. We are winners and refuse to quit because God cannot be found in an abandoned project,” he said.

http://authorityngr.com/2016/03/Marginalization-of-Igbos-self-inflicted--Obi/

This idiotic soprano singing bird will one day have to answer for those people he killed and dumped in the river

He cannot escape his judgement
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by gretblue: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
tinsel:
Peter is one the reasons igbo youths are behaving they way are doing. He is part of the people that completely brain washed the igbo youths.
He was the governor that introduced the deportation of igbos from lagos politics and this put Ngige into a mess during the election with peter obi.
He was a governor when El- Rufai was locked in a hotel room in Awka, I watched Peter open his mouth in the television to say El- rufai is not welcomed in Anambra. He should go back to his hausa people.
May God widen your knowledge for you.The online hates between Yorubas and Ibos today is a bi product of Peter Obi.The way he escalated the deportation then for his own selfish and political gains then was just too alarming.Unfortunately my brothers from the east played to Obi gallery.The simply question on my mind is, what has Obi done to alleviate the suffering of those deported from Lagos since he left office except his own selfish political gains.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by eitsei(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
Sctests:
What is he saying that Ndigbo should do to get to the center because I didn't understand him at all?
Peter Obi never mentioned building bridges like some APCist are shouting here.

If the bridges Ndigbo built by voting Shagari, Yar adua, Obj is not enough for you ApCists to reciprocate. Then Ndigbo can't help you. Ndigbo will not kill themselves to make you happy.
Rather you will have die off as the country crumbles for Ndigbo to live since you can never be satisfied. #Hardtruths
kilo n so bayi?

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by eitsei(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
histemple:

PRACTICALISE? What language is that because it is obviously not an English word.
it's not an English word but a Nigerian word and we understand it... Is that all?

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by blackboy(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Notself inflicted but failure of the law to allow justice n equal participation.
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Lmao. I don't have to do that.

The reason he is wrong is because marginalization, by definition, cannot be self-inflicted. Has nothing to do with the Igbos; go check Jews in Europe or Black-Americans in the USA.

What do you mean by "marginalization, by definition, cannot be self-inflicted?" I wanna believe you fully understand what Self-infliction means, as well as the word - marginalization?

Incase you do are not too sure of the meaning, I can always help out. grin

mar·gin·al·ize (mär′jə-nə-līz′)
tr.v. mar·gin·al·ized, mar·gin·al·iz·ing, mar·gin·al·iz·es
To relegate or confine to a lower or outer limit or edge, as of social standing.

Peter Obi said the Igbos supposed marginalization is self-inflicted because "Igbos choose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you"

Simply put, how do Igbos want to enjoy the seat of power in this country when they willing absent themselves whenever the power is being shared?

I do not understand why I keep seeing your posts in the politics section though,l You ve never struck me like someone who gives two _fuck about politics. You ve got some new crush you are stalking here or what? grin

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by tinsel: 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
I know Peter from childhood. I will not take away from him. He really worked in Anambra State.
But what I don't like is his selffish politics. Everything about Peter is selfish. He used igbo politics to his advantage and for his selffish gain. That is part of what we are suffering today.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Greenback: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
histemple:

PRACTICALIZE? What language is that because it is obviously not an English word.

my condolences to ur quandry..
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by olayinkajnr(m): 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
attacker231:

Dunce, I was not born in Nigeria and have only spent 10 years of my entire existence there, but am proud of Nigeria. Unpatriotic citizen like you are the problem of that country, you pray and wish doom for it but still complain, go and find job cos you are a complete failure in life.

Lmao, I can't fit laugh finish. Btw, I like ur stance on patriotism. Bt no mata wat u preach, it won't stop dem from hating.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
LastMumu:
What do you mean by "marginalization, by definition, cannot be self-inflicted?" I wanna believe you fully understand what Self-infliction means, as well as the word - marginalization?

Incase you do are not too sure of the meaning, I can always help out. grin

mar·gin·al·ize (mär′jə-nə-līz′)
tr.v. mar·gin·al·ized, mar·gin·al·iz·ing, mar·gin·al·iz·es
To relegate or confine to a lower or outer limit or edge, as of social standing.

Peter Obi said the Igbos supposed marginalization is self-inflicted because "Igbos choose to be spectators than getting into the mainstream of seat of power, where the national cake is being shared, declaring that if one was not where the cake is being shared nobody will remember you"

Simply put, how do Igbos want to enjoy the seat of power in this country when they willing absent themselves whenever the power is being shared?

I do not understand why I keep seeing your posts in the politics section though,l You ve never struck me like someone who gives two _fuck about politics. You ve got some new crush you are stalking here or what? grin
I mean what I said lol and I don't wanna argue with you. Marginalization can't be self inflicted, someone or some group has to marginalize you or your group. Someone has to "confine you to the lower limit of social standing," you definitely don't do it to yourself. That's why I used the African-Americans as an example.

His quote is... vague and meaningless. Addressing it would go into awkward talks of an awkward past, so that's not worth it.

It doesn't matter how it strikes you grin I'm actually loyal to Phyno so, nah.
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Greenback: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
omenka:
When Oba Akiolu spoke, they descended on the thread like bees on honey, the thread grew so long so fast. Now their bloda has spoken and they've practically withdrawn into their respective cocoons. cheesy

Nepa bill certificate almajiri....benue is almost turning into planet mars,u are here fooling ur old age. Pity

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
MrsPhyno:

I mean what I said lol and I don't wanna argue with you. Marginalization can't be self inflicted, someone or some group has to marginalize you or your group. Someone has to "confine you to the lower limit of social standing," you definitely don't do it to yourself. That's why I used the African-Americans as an example.

His quote is... vague and meaningless. Addressing it would go into awkward talks of an awkward past, so that's not worth it.

It doesn't matter how it strikes you grin I'm actually loyal to Phyno so, nah.
Go and sleep joor, and I thought you knew what oxymoron means. Mtcheew, olodo. grin grin grin tongue
Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Prince16: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
How did he arrive at the assertion?

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Prince16: 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
modath:

This Peter Obi is a man to be wary of, he is one of the reasons that the SE didn't build bridges... he told them they were self sufficient & could get things done on their own lonesome , postured that maximum hostility was the way to go.. angry

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/opinion/how-peter-obi-killed-apc-in-igbo-land/128574.html

http://saharareporters.com/2014/03/07/peter-obi’s-misleading-ethnocentrism-osita-nwaka

Same man is now claiming that they chose to be spectators!! Haba nah, uncool & b1t*hass move!!

My person, u can't be more right.
He was d one who feasted and festered d Fashola-"Igbo deportation" saga. That action was a major bomb which majorly contributed 2 d problem.

All 4 political gain. Case of pot calling kettle black. Again, "blaming others 4 my woes" mentality.
SMH.

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by shaqhead: 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

Hahahaha...dumped tinubu?
Read this to clear your ignorance
https://www.nairaland.com/2749844/bola-ahmed-tinubu-nigerias-most

Re: Marginalization Of Igbos, Self-inflicted -Peter Obi by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
LastMumu:
Go and sleep joor, and I thought you knew what oxymoron means. Mtcheew, olodo. grin grin grin tongue
cry

APC Is The One Owing You Salaries, Not Me – Ortom Tells Civil Servants / Minister Onyeama Walks Away When Asked About Nigeria's Stance On Ukraine (Video) / 2023: DSS Issues Strong Warning To PDP Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112