Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1275510 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Adiob200:
My laptop was operating on window 10 before I format it...but when i formatted it I was unable to control the brightness. ..everything just bright...pls help

Install the display adapter driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richie10k: 3:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
Hood day everyone,
I woke up this morning to discover that my laptop suddenly discharges very fast and when I tried to charge it, it also charges very fast.
It was never like this until today what could be the problem?
Someone please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by johnwin5: 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please guys I'm looking for battery for my laptop Dell Latitude E5470.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2021
Adiob200:
My laptop was operating on window 10 before I format it...but when i formatted it I was unable to control the brightness. ..everything just bright...pls help
you have not install the drivers, especially the graphics driver for your laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2021
richie10k:
Hood day everyone,
I woke up this morning to discover that my laptop suddenly discharges very fast and when I tried to charge it, it also charges very fast.
Someone please help
your laptop battery needs reset or calibration.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
richie10k:
Hood day everyone,
Someone please help
google search on how to calibrate laptop batteries
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eddykaka(m): 2:05am On Oct 18, 2021
Morris101686:
Does it mean there's no alternative to solve this
there is, open windows and type windows update, then click on advanced options at the updates screen, you'll see automatic download update, toggle it off, go to pause update and toggle off
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eddykaka(m): 2:08am On Oct 18, 2021
Morris101686:
Please fans how can I turn off my window 10 pro auto update. This issues have been sucking vigor out from me since I got the new system Dell Vostro 15 Core i3
open windows and type windows update, then click on advanced options at the updates screen, you'll see automatic download update, toggle it off, go to pause update and toggle off

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by birchwood: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hello computer gurus,
I came back from school after four months (I was writing waec) only to find out that when I turn on my laptop, an HP ProBook 6450b, it doesn't even show that press F12 to open start menu page, it just remains black and the caps lock light blinks.
Please is there any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
birchwood:
Hello computer gurus,
I came back from school after four months (I was writing waec) only to find out that when I turn on my laptop, an HP ProBook 6450b, it doesn't even show that press F12 to open start menu page, it just remains black and the caps lock light blinks.
Please is there any solution?

Check RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luckydonalds(m): 9:02am On Oct 19, 2021
I use a Dell Latitude e7450 and the screen just got damaged, purple lines all over it, how much can I get a new screen?
Also the down touchpad buttons is not working, I have driven it multiple times. I think it's a hardware issue.
Gurus and Geeks in the house, what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:33am On Oct 19, 2021
Luckydonalds:
I use a Dell Latitude e7450 and the screen just got damaged, purple lines all over it, how much can I get a new screen?
Also the down pad buttons is not working, I have driven it multiple times. I think it's a hardware issue.
Gurus and Geeks in the house, what do I do?

See a laptop technician, if you're in lag you can WhatsApp me on 08064724259
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luckydonalds(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2021
udemzyudex:

See a laptop technician, if you're in lag you can WhatsApp me on 08064724259

I'm not in Lagos unfortunately, I already saw a technician and he wants to change the screen.
That's why I want to know the cost
U have any idea of the price of the screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxtertee(m): 9:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
My hp mini 110 is not connecting to wireless network.....kindly help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by joshjc(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
My niece damaged the screen of my acer 15laptop,does anyone know how much it will cost to change it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
chatinent:

Bows.
you've fixed it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
My Toshiba laptop screen was flickering since last month (not all the time though, but some times. It flickers for a while then works normally), just yesterday, I turned it on but the screen is black.. what could be the issue?

@udemzyudex
@eddykaka
@Adewale1603
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chatinent: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

you've fixed it?

Not yet. I have to tap it and it'll stop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by flokii: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Oxtertee:
My hp mini 110 is not connecting to wireless network.....kindly help.

Right click on the network icon in the taskbar and select 'troubleshooting'.. it will reset the wireless connection and fix any error automatically. Make sure the wireless you want to connect to is on so you can check to see if the problem is resolved once the troubleshooting is complete.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eddykaka(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Amicable24:
My Toshiba laptop screen was flickering since last month (not all the time though, but some times. It flickers for a while then works normally), just yesterday, I turned it on but the screen is black.. what could be the issue?

@udemzyudex
@eddykaka
@Adewale1603
sounds like hardware
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2021
Amicable24:

@udemzyudex
@eddykaka
@Adewale1603

The flex is bad, replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
flokii:

Right click on the network icon in the taskbar and select 'troubleshooting'.. it will reset the wireless connection and fix any error automatically. Make sure the wireless you want to connect to is on so you can check to see if the problem is resolved once the troubleshooting is complete.

Troubleshooting will not fix any error, it will only give you a hint on where the fault could be.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by flokii: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Troubleshooting will not fix any error, it will only give you a hint on where the fault could be.

It will give you hints and automatically attempt to fix the errors which in most cases solve the problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:57am On Oct 22, 2021
flokii:

It will give you hints and automatically attempt to fix the errors which in most cases solve the problem.

Will it help you to solve a hardware issue like bad wireless card or wireless cable not connected or a case where the WiFi switch is off will it turn it on for you?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Isvo: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2021
Hi, my hp probook 4530s keyboard is not working properly, at times it works at other times it stops working all together could it be virus or the keyboard itself, please note that when it's about to stop working and I type h for instance the letter h is typed multiple times without my effort.
This disturbs the flow of the system

Please help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2021
Isvo:
Hi, my hp probook 4530s keyboard is not working properly, at times it works at other times it stops working all together could it be virus or the keyboard itself, please note that when it's about to stop working and I type h for instance the letter h is typed multiple times without my effort.
This disturbs the flow of the system

Please help.

Replace the keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

The flex is bad, replace it.

eddykaka:
sounds like hardware

I was thinking it's a hardware issue, but I saw some stuffs online that I tried out (press FN + F5 + Power button bla bla bla), and fortunately for me it worked and my screen came back.

I used it for a while and turned off normally, but as at this morning, I turned it on again and it's saying RTC battery is low press F2.. But seems my keyboard isn't working cos I've tried severally to press F2 but it isn't working

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2021
Amicable24:

I was thinking it's a hardware issue, but I saw some stuffs online that I tried out (press FN + F5 + Power button bla bla bla), and fortunately for me it worked and my screen came back.

I used it for a while and turned off normally, but as at this morning, I turned it on again and it's saying RTC battery is low press F2.. But seems my keyboard isn't working cos I've tried severally to press F2 but it isn't working

Well a lot of things can cause screen flickering, either software or hardware and from the way you analyse it, it looks like a hardware issue.

Display adapter driver can cause it, which is the software part and if your laptop own is a hardware fault, it will definitely come back.

For the second part of your post, your cmos battery is low, you need to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by flokii: 11:05am On Oct 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

Will it help you to solve a hardware issue like bad wireless card or wireless cable not connected or a case where the WiFi switch is off will it turn it on for you?

If the troubleshooter doesn't fix the problem, of course the poster will explore other means and visit a technician to check for hardware issues like the wireless card you mentioned.

You can always drop your suggestions irrespective of what others think you know. We are only trying to help in a way or the other.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2021
flokii:

If the troubleshooter doesn't fix the problem, of course the poster will explore other means and visit a technician to check for hardware issues like the wireless card you mentioned.

You can always drop your suggestions irrespective of what others think you know. We are only trying to help in a way or the other.

Don't feel offended, I was only try to make some corrections but it's alright.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lipso: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
I downloaded videos from youtube and when I tried to play these videos, non of them could play. I don't know what is wrong. I need help, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
Lipso:
I downloaded videos from youtube and when I tried to play these videos, non of them could play. I don't know what is wrong. I need help, please.
Use vlc

(1) (2) (3) ... (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.