Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,354 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (1123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1275370 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by philaretus: 5:54am On Oct 30, 2021
Pls guys I need help....I'm using a HP 630, I turned on my lap yesterday only to see a screen with vertical multicoloured lines running throughout the length of the PC. There doesn't
Seem to be a physical damage on the screen. Though I fear that there could be some heavy contact on the laptop because it was carelessly left between piles of clothing's in the day time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:48am On Oct 30, 2021
philaretus:
Pls guys I need help....I'm using a HP 630, I turned on my lap yesterday only to see a screen with vertical multicoloured lines running throughout the length of the PC. There doesn't
Seem to be a physical damage on the screen. Though I fear that there could be some heavy contact on the laptop because it was carelessly left between piles of clothing's in the day time.

Pictures?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by richie10k: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hello guys, I use gionee GN8001, suddenly the speaker stopped sounding.
Have checked the volume and it's intact,
Please what could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2021
hiiii pls guys my lappy is rejecting password ooooo, d password is correct and its not in caps lock too....confused right now.....could it be a virus pls , thanks in advance!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Adewale1603(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gwg002:
hiiii pls guys my lappy is rejecting password ooooo, d password is correct and its not in caps lock too....confused right now.....could it be a virus pls , thanks in advance!
u re using windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Adewale1603:
u re using windows 10
nope...was still on windows 7 oooo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yinksdavid(m): 6:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Gwg002:

it’s likely that you have turned on the NumLock feature that many laptops have. The NumLock feature is used to convert part of the main keyboard to act as a (slightly skewed) numeric keypad rather than letters. NumLock is rarely used for its original purpose, and ends up confusing the user if it has for some reason been activated without the user being aware of this. This can be more of an issue on most laptop computers, since activating the NumLock function typically requires use of the Fn key and if a user accidentally switches it on they may have no idea how to switch it off.

How to Turn Off NumLock Feature?

Find the NumLock key and press it to reverse things and set it back to normal. On my Dell it’s Fn + F4, on my Compaq it’s Fn + ScrLk. It’s different on every make and model. Based on your keyboard you can get original settings of your keyboard in following ways.

Fn + F11
Shift + Num Lock
Fn + Num Lock
Fn + F11 + Scroll lock
Fn + F8 (on HP laptop)
Ctrl + F11
Fn + Shift + Num Lock

Some keyboards have and don’t have the Num Lock key. If there is then just press the Num Lock or NmLk key. Sometimes you have to hold the Fn button with the Num Lock key. If there is no Num Lock key on your keyboard then just follow these steps: START -> ALL PROGRAMS -> ACCESSORIES -> ACCESSIBILITY -> ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD -> NLK.

Find the correct key combination on your laptop and your problem should be solved. If you still can’t log in to Windows, you can use the Reset Windows Password utility to remove your administrator/user password so you can then log on your computer without typing a password. After getting into Windows, you can turn off NumLock feature easier.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by philaretus: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
udemzyudex:

Pictures?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Funpeter: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2021
Anybody wih windows product key need to activate my windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Yinksdavid(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2021
Funpeter:
Anybody wih windows product key need to activate my windows

Yes i do have available. Kindly reach out via the number on my signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topsyboy: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
Good day house I get this MacBook pro refuse to power up before if I give long press like 10sec it will ON, but now not ON charging sha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iseddy: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
pls guys, have i been cheated? i sent my bro #110k to get me good hp but he brought me dell latitude E6530 core i5 4gb ram/ 500GB HDD. saying is a strong system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seankafor(m): 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
Iseddy:
pls guys, have i been cheated? i sent my bro #110k to get me good hp but he brought me dell latitude E6530 core i5 4gb ram/ 500GB HDD. saying is a strong system
laptop dey cost these days bro..
If the laptop is in good conditions, thank your stats and be appreciative
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Iseddy:

For 110k?

Well na your bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Iseddy: 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
seankafor:
laptop dey cost these days bro..
If the laptop is in good conditions, thank your stats and be appreciative
Yeah it's in good condition but I haven't used it insensitively to know the ba3 strength and also if there's any issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topsyboy: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Who dey repair Mac laptop here, my laptop has refuse to power up, I dey stay for OJO Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rapheal5(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
Apple laptop for sale
MacBook Air 13 inches 2017
Intel core is
121gig harddisk[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gadgetplanetng: 10:22am On Nov 06, 2021
How much can I buy 8GB RAM, ddr3?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jojothaiv(m): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kindly help,

Once my laptop is powered on, the led display area do come up but the screen is never on. What could be the problem and what's the solution?

Model: HP Elite Book 6930P

Attached is the picture.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:18am On Nov 07, 2021
jojothaiv:
Kindly help,

Once my laptop is powered on, the led display area do come up but the screen is never on. What could be the problem and what's the solution?

Model: HP Elite Book 6930P

Attached is the picture.

This 6930p is two type, one with ATi chip(graphic) and one without ATi chip.

So possible cause could be

1. Bad Ram
2. ATI chip is bad
3. Bios is corrupt
4. It might be a dim display so check with torch light to see if you will notice any display on the screen

See a laptop technician

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:19am On Nov 07, 2021
gadgetplanetng:
How much can I buy 8GB RAM, ddr3?

Budget #8/9k

While P3L is #10000/10,500
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gadgetplanetng: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2021
udemzyudex:

Budget #8/9k

While P3L is #10000/10,500

P3l is ddr3l right?
Please can you help me get ?
I need an identical, tested pair.

Also the casing for the laptop too.

HP M6

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:31am On Nov 07, 2021
gadgetplanetng:

P3l is ddr3l right?
Please can you help me get ?
I need an identical, tested pair.

Also the casing for the laptop too.

HP M6
Pc3l ddr3l are the same and as for the casing it is very scarce
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gadgetplanetng: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2021
udemzyudex:

Pc3l ddr3l are the same and as for the casing it is very scarce
Okay I'd WhatsApp you today.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
udemzyudex:

This 6930p is two type, one with ATi chip(graphic) and one without ATi chip.

So possible cause could be

1. Bad Ram
2. ATI chip is bad
3. Bios is corrupt
4. It might be a dim display so check with torch light to see if you will notice any display on the screen

See a laptop technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lipso: 4:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello faithful gurus in this thread, I have a HP 3115m mini laptop with windows 10. Recently after a successful day use, it surprised me when I switched it on, the next day it gave a continuous breeeeng sound with blank screen and I forcefully turned it off. I turned it on and the same problem happened again and again until I press f11 and a minute later it boots partially successfully. Now when I click a bottom icon on the desktop the icon at the most top is selected instead of the bottom icon I preferred to use. I could see a horizontal shadow line running from bottom to top (up). If I click any tutorial video at the bottom in a folder the top most is automatically selected. For that nothing at the bottom of the desktop either icon or tutorial in a folder work in this situation but when I click on anything at top of the desktop or folder no problem. When I right click to refresh, the horizontal shadow line running from bottom to top become very visible (clear). Please, my masters what can be done to correct this problem? A million thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lipso:
Hello faithful gurus in this thread, I have a HP 3115m mini laptop with windows 10. Recently after a successful day use, it surprised me when I switched it on, the next day it gave a continuous breeeeng sound with blank screen and I forcefully turned it off. I turned it on and the same problem happened again and again until I press f11 and a minute later it boots partially successfully. Now when I click a bottom icon on the desktop the icon at the most top is selected instead of the bottom icon I preferred to use. I could see a horizontal shadow line running from bottom to top (up). If I click any tutorial video at the bottom in a folder the top most is automatically selected. For that nothing at the bottom of the desktop either icon or tutorial in a folder work in this situation but when I click on anything at top of the desktop or folder no problem. When I right click to refresh, the horizontal shadow line running from bottom to top become very visible (clear). Please, my masters what can be done to correct this problem? A million thanks in advance.
No pictures?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
philaretus:

Have you been able to rectify this? If yes, I will like to know how to go about this cos my Alienware laptop screen have a long vertical pink line.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmygzy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
Please, what is the cost of 17 inches screen for ho pavilion 17.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Suspect33(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hello house, how much can I get an extension keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teachmore: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
I just discovered how to activate Windows 10 on any edition for free. The most comprehensive way. Check out my guide here.. https://teachmore.com.ng/how-to-activate-windows-10-without-a-product-key/

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.