Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,694 members, 7,840,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1279751 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2012
Temistatics 007: guys,please help naw!i'm still waiting o.abeg

Go to the manufacturer's website, you should found your PC model there, then select the appropriate software. You post your PC make and the model here so that i can help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2012
sameolg616:
Goto ur bios and check if ur SATA NATIVE MODE is enabled..disable it or u will see ahci ,turn it into ide..(Judgin by ur admission dat 3hdds have not worked )
Samuel, But sorry to add this, do you know that it works well with the former 500GB HDD when being put back since the other available ones could not allow for full Win7 OS installation to be complete without saying error thzt relates to hardware issue. What could make that particular HDD work and then making other ones look like they are not okay when they are okay and are working in other laptops.
Is there a feature in this HP-630 laptop that I am missing which ought to adjusted to allow it pick other laptop HDD of same SATA connection? Please have your time and look into my matter, please. Thanks a lot. Waiting patiently, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 14, 2012
samolina1:

Go to the manufacturer's website, you should found your PC model there, then select the appropriate software. You post your PC make and the model here so that i can help.
the Pc model is ACER ASPIRE ONE D257-1497.
THE BLUETOOTH HEADSET CONNECTED BUT ITS INDICATING THAT IT NEEDS TROUBLESHOOTING,I TROUBLESHOOTED IT ITS TELLING ME A KIND OF DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND,HENCE,TROUBLESHOOTING NOT FIXED.
NB:its an external bluetooth
thanks,i'll be waiting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Godtosin(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2012
Pls my computer desktop,after i installed nokia pc suite, the light turned off that time,the next time i on it like this,it didn't enter window then later it requested for booting disk then i inserted it but after the setup has load then it will suddenly display setup can not find hardisk......i've tried several times but all is the same,i tried and used another hardisk because i thought maybe it could be harddisk damage but the same message was displayed.... Pls help me!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Godtosin: Pls my computer desktop,after i installed nokia pc suite, the light turned off that time,the next time i on it like this,it didn't enter window then later it requested for booting disk then i inserted it but after the setup has load then it will suddenly display setup can not find hardisk......i've tried several times but all is the same,i tried and used another hardisk because i thought maybe it could be harddisk damage but the same message was displayed.... Pls help me!
Just check to make sure the signal cable or sata is properly connected;that means you need to open the system to do that. That is the major cause of the error. The second cause is operating system yet you have a setup disk tried on it before so, the former should be the rightful cause. Stop shaking your CPU!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Philcool: Samuel, But sorry to add this, do you know that it works well with the former 500GB HDD when being put back since the other available ones could not allow for full Win7 OS installation to be complete without saying error thzt relates to hardware issue. What could make that particular HDD work and then making other ones look like they are not okay when they are okay and are working in other laptops.
Is there a feature in this HP-630 laptop that I am missing which ought to adjusted to allow it pick other laptop HDD of same SATA connection? Please have your time and look into my matter, please. Thanks a lot. Waiting patiently, please.
Please read again.
"Post MODIFIED"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2012
Temistatics 007:
the Pc model is ACER ASPIRE ONE D257-1497.
THE BLUETOOTH HEADSET CONNECTED BUT ITS INDICATING THAT IT NEEDS TROUBLESHOOTING,I TROUBLESHOOTED IT ITS TELLING ME A KIND OF DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND,HENCE,TROUBLESHOOTING NOT FIXED.
NB:its an external bluetooth
thanks,i'll be waiting.

Check that model very well. The one you posted is not complete. You can follow this link to the manufacture website http://www.acer.ae/ac/en/AE/content/drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2012
sameolg616:
Goto ur bios and check if ur SATA NATIVE MODE is enabled..disable it or u will see ahci ,turn it into ide..(Judgin by ur admission dat 3hdds have not worked )
Philcool: Please read again.
"Post MODIFIED"

@Philcool

For HP laptop to install windows xp it got to be
changed to native mode meaning ide hard drive type

for sata hard drive type i.e. windows vista or windows 7
install it need to ahci for it to detect the hard disk

you can also run hard drive d test in the bios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:17am On Sep 15, 2012
all4naija: Just check to make sure the signal cable or sata is properly connected;that means you need to open the system to do that. That is the major cause of the error. The second cause is operating system yet you have a setup disk tried on it before so, the former should be the rightful cause. Stop shaking your CPU!

What make is the computer ?

There's a need to enter the bios
by f2 or Del key and check main or boot order
to see if hard drive is listed
no need to physically examine it
until you have checked the bios
first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2012
ayo jango: .

What anti virus do yu suggest

mcafee
avg
bitdefender
kerpesky
microsft security essential

dont use norton ! it uses a lots of cpu and memoy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Meboy: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2012
Hey please Help Me I need Sound drivers For Win7 ultimate 64 bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2012
deji2009:

mcafee
avg
bitdefender
kerpesky
microsft security essential

dont use norton ! it uses a lots of cpu and memoy.
mcafee and norton are rubbish.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onyekabe(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
My webcam is not working on my laptop. My computer is toshiba hotel celeron dualcom please help me on how to make it work on my computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2012
onyekabe: My webcam is not working on my laptop. My computer is toshiba hotel celeron dualcom please help me on how to make it work on my computer

What model is your laptop,for example toshiba p300-20h ?

Windows xp vista, linux or windows 7 operating system

click start run and type in devmgmt.msc go to
imaging device click the + sign does it have webcam
stated underneath? do you have camear assistant software

has it ever work before
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by SilaV: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
@Engrs in the house,I just bought a HP 635 laptop at SLOT and it does hang(as in the cursor will be nowhere to be found again and everything will stand still unless I switch it off with the power button and start all over again).It is still less than 2 weeks that I bought it and I am experiencing this.problem.What should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 11:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
deji2009:

@Philcool

For HP laptop to install windows xp it got to be
changed to native mode meaning ide hard drive type

for sata hard drive type i.e. windows vista or windows 7
install it need to ahci for it to detect the hard disk

you can also run hard drive d test in the bios
Okay, thank you very much for throwing more light on this BIOS configuration on the HDDs on different Win OS.
But, in this situation, the 500gb HDD that was previously inside and working and the other HDDs are all SATA HDDs. They passed BIOS HDD test but when formated and Win7 is being installed, it does not complete it but will end up with one unknown error even after two different OS installation CDs have been used because I was suspecting bad CD but nothing was wrong with either of the CDs. What could be tweaked or done for this HP630 to see other HDDs as the way it sees the one that came with it? Thanks again and hoping to read from all contributed solution, please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2012
Godtosin: Pls my computer desktop,after i installed nokia pc suite, the light turned off that time,the next time i on it like this,it didn't enter window then later it requested for booting disk then i inserted it but after the setup has load then it will suddenly display setup can not find hardisk......i've tried several times but all is the same,i tried and used another hardisk because i thought maybe it could be harddisk damage but the same message was displayed.... Pls help me!
Ur prob is d same as philcool..I guess ur installing xp..just goto to ur bios and disable SATA NATIVE mode or change it from AHCI to IDE else u won't be able to install..
SOLUTION2..get an XP SLIPSTREAMED cd(sata files integrated in XP files)or download sata drivers and use NLITE to integrate it into xp iso..(For professionals only)
SOLUTION3(the easiest)depending on the configuration of ur computer,a WIN7 cd wld just bypass all those settings and install directly
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2012
Philcool: Okay, thank you very much for throwing more light on this BIOS configuration on the HDDs on different Win OS.
But, in this situation, the 500gb HDD that was previously inside and working and the other HDDs are all SATA HDDs. They passed BIOS HDD test but when formated and Win7 is being installed, it does not complete it but will end up with one unknown error even after two different OS installation CDs have been used because I was suspecting bad CD but nothing was wrong with either of the CDs. What could be tweaked or done for this HP630 to see other HDDs as the way it sees the one that came with it? Thanks again and hoping to read from all contributed solution, please.
Until I see the HDD can I tell precisely wats wrong..its a setting in ur bios..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 16, 2012
sameolg616:
Ur prob is d same as philcool..I guess ur installing xp..just goto to ur bios and disable SATA NATIVE mode or change it from AHCI to IDE else u won't be able to install..
SOLUTION2..get an XP SLIPSTREAMED cd(sata files integrated in XP files)or download sata drivers and use NLITE to integrate it into xp iso..(For professionals only)
SOLUTION3(the easiest)depending on the configuration of ur computer,a WIN7 cd wld just bypass all those settings and install directly
I don't think so. The cable is out of position. I experience this kind of trouble every now and then. If it is BIOS trouble it will definitely prompt for information at the partitioning section during setup or simply displays BSOD and restart. This one says 'Hard Disk not found'!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2012
Philcool: Okay, thank you very much for throwing more light on this BIOS configuration on the HDDs on different Win OS.
Until I see the HDD can I tell precisely wats wrong..simply get another windows 7 cd(atimes when u the installation files are not properly burnt to cd,u will experience that error)for me I always do all my installations from flash and I make sure that wen I download a large software like win7..use a MD5 hash to very d integrity..call me on 08061679732
Read a related prob here
http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/180667-hp-630-laptop-installation.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2012
pls guys' i av a problem with my hp probook windows 7 professional 4515s.anytym i turn on d pc nd enter my password,it gives a sigh lyk it want to load nd after dat givs a message"windows explorer has stopped working".nd wen i click on it d whole screen will go blank nd will not display anything again.pls guys wot can i do.your advice will b highly appreciated. pls guys' i av a problem with my hp probook windows 7 professional 4515s.anytym i turn on d pc nd enter my password,it gives a sigh lyk it want to load nd after dat givs a message"windows explorer has stopped working".nd wen i click on it d whole screen will go blank nd will not display anything again.pls guys wot can i do.your advice will b highly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2012

Please gather your thought to answer the followings one at a time.

Is the laptop 32 or 64 bit (check computer specs)?

Is the windows 7 instal cd a 32 bit or 64 bit ? check this

Is the windows 7 original setup cd or a copy version ?

Have you retry the instalation

What the name of the differet hdd you're using . e.g. western digital or hitachi

The unknown error code should have a long numbers

Pop in the win 7 install cd and let it load
should give you option for command prompt

click it and make sure the hdd in question is in
and run sfc /scannow if no joy run chkdsk on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2012
Immanuelar: pls guys' i av a problem with my hp probook windows 7 professional 4515s.anytym i turn on d pc nd enter my password,it gives a sigh lyk it want to load nd after dat givs a message"windows explorer has stopped working".nd wen i click on it d whole screen will go blank nd will not display anything again.pls guys wot can i do.your advice will b highly appreciated. pls guys' i av a problem with my hp probook windows 7 professional 4515s.anytym i turn on d pc nd enter my password,it gives a sigh lyk it want to load nd after dat givs a message"windows explorer has stopped working".nd wen i click on it d whole screen will go blank nd will not display anything again.pls guys wot can i do.your advice will b highly appreciated.

click start, all progra..., accesso...., system tools, system restore

or just click run and type in rstrui follow instruc...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 11:56am On Sep 16, 2012
i really appreciate ur reply sir,d pc will not go to start page at all'immediately i enter my password,d screen will just go blank nd show only"windows explorer has stop working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
Immanuelar: i really appreciate ur reply sir,d pc will not go to start page at all'immediately i enter my password,d screen will just go blank nd show only"windows explorer has stop working.

Please refer to me as dejisunday not sir.

ok, as the computer is booting press and hold your F8 Key
which should bring up the Windows Advanced Options Menu
as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to Safe Mode
and press your Enter key. your icon will be bigger that's normal

once in safe try the system again from previous instruc...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaybaba5(m): 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
Is there a way to remove window password without formatin from laptop runing on window 7. The problem is dat we forget the window password.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Niranking(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Kay-baba:
Is there a way to remove window password without formatin from laptop runing on window 7. The problem is dat we forget the window password.
pls in need new version of bitdefender and d liecence key pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
thank u dejisunday.u av bin very helpful to me,i tried wot u said nd it worked out,now d problem is,at d base right hand corner of d pc,it displays"Window 7 build 7600 is not genieue",pls wot dos dis mean,nd also whenevr i turn on d pc,one of d installed programs will av stop working nd d message will b displayed on d screen.thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Niranking(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Niranking: pls in need new version of bitdefender and d liecence key pls
pls my laptop always showing FASTAGAIN BOOSTER EROOR WHILE I ON MY SYSTEM,IM USING HP TOUCHSMART TX2, THKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OperaMinister: 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pls my PC is hvin a very big problem. It is writin "No sounds codecs installed" what shld i do pls and d sound icon marks bad(X)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
Immanuelar: thank u dejisunday.u av bin very helpful to me,i tried wot u said nd it worked out,now d problem is,at d base right hand corner of d pc,it displays"Window 7 build 7600 is not genieue",pls wot dos dis mean,nd also whenevr i turn on d pc,one of d installed programs will av stop working nd d message will b displayed on d screen.thanks

"Window 7 build 7600 is not genieue

It means the copy of windows 7 install is pirated.

You can either restore it back to a date and
the message would leave. The trouble we techninicians
have with some people is they dont like the true
from a professional person living outside of their county.

What they do is listen to people that can install windows 7 for 2000 naira.
It is totally wrong and not professional. you either get a genuine copy
if you truely want to be a genuine user and be safe online from hackers

for the stop working message , do you have norton antivirus

click start, run and type in msconfig press enter to continue

click start up at the top and remove all ticks from the programme
you familar with for example skype, yahoo messenger, google chorme/deksotp etc
remove as much as you can apply and ok it. restart the comp...then test

Find a picture of my windows with a genuine sticker. this is the test i ran when reading your msg

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
OperaMinister: Pls my PC is hvin a very big problem. It is writin "No sounds codecs installed" what shld i do pls and d sound icon marks bad(X)

visit the computer manufacturer website for support and driver download

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.