Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1285219 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
Niranking: pls my laptop always showing FASTAGAIN BOOSTER EROOR WHILE I ON MY SYSTEM,IM USING HP TOUCHSMART TX2, THKS

FASTAGAIN BOOSTER EROOR

Never came across this before, lets wait for my fellow tecs to reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
deji2009:

FASTAGAIN BOOSTER EROOR

Never came across this before, lets wait for my fellow tecs to reply

He needs to go through his installed programs and uninstall fastagain PC booster.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mucokey(m): 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
Please, I ve this hp g6 series which it's about16 months
old now .it came with 500 hdd ,4g ram with window 7
basic n64 bits. Sometime 3 months ago I decided to
improve on the OS by giving it a face lift of window7
ultimate buh now noticed that my screen ve gone from
the usual blue background to patches of red and some of my software now refused to respond fine...for instance
my antivirus has switched off n refused to respond since
few wks. I noticed that this issue got from bad to
worse..no thanx to my constant update on both this ' fake
' window n update on this said anti_virus .please , if
anyone can provide me with window7 ultimate genuine serial key or still help in suggesting on how to overcome
this nagging issue . Thanx in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
Mucokey: Please, I ve this hp g6 series which it's about16 months
old now .it came with 500 hdd ,4g ram with window 7
basic n64 bits. Sometime 3 months ago I decided to
improve on the OS by giving it a face lift of window7
ultimate buh now noticed that my screen ve gone from
the usual blue background to patches of red and some of my software now refused to respond fine...for instance
my antivirus has switched off n refused to respond since
few wks. I noticed that this issue got from bad to
worse..no thanx to my constant update on both this ' fake
' window n update on this said anti_virus .please , if
anyone can provide me with window7 ultimate genuine serial key or still help in suggesting on how to overcome
this nagging issue . Thanx in advance

best bet take it to a laptop repair mechanic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 5:28am On Sep 17, 2012
thanks dejisunday..if i want to get a genieu copy of d window 7,it will cost lyk how much
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:06am On Sep 17, 2012
Immanuelar: thanks dejisunday..if i want to get a genieu copy of d window 7,it will cost lyk how much

Not sure as I dont live in nigeria
go to a computer shop and speak to
a person rather than getting keys here online
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by monami2abd: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Pls Guys,
i formatted my HP DV 6000 laptop from windows XP to Windows 7, but ever since i did that the Aero effect on windows 7 doesn't work. The icons on d taskbar don't preview as it should in windows 7. Please advice on wat i should do. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2012
monami2abd: Pls Guys,
i formatted my HP DV 6000 laptop from windows XP to Windows 7, but ever since i did that the Aero effect on windows 7 doesn't work. The icons on d taskbar don't preview as it should in windows 7. Please advice on wat i should do. Thanks

Help yourself

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-turn-on-and-enable-aero-in-windows-7-enable-aero-peek/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
hi guys, pls how can i get my t.v to show a pdf ebook i have on my laptop(hp 630) as well as play the audio/mp3 files dt accompany the ebook?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
deji2009:

Please gather your thought to answer the followings one at a time.

Is the laptop 32 or 64 bit (check computer specs)?

Is the windows 7 instal cd a 32 bit or 64 bit ? check this

Is the windows 7 original setup cd or a copy version ?

Have you retry the instalation

What the name of the differet hdd you're using . e.g. western digital or hitachi

The unknown error code should have a long numbers

Pop in the win 7 install cd and let it load
should give you option for command prompt

click it and make sure the hdd in question is in
and run sfc /scannow if no joy run chkdsk on it
The laptop HP630 (64 bit, 500gb Seagate sata HDD, 4gb ddr2 RAM, 2.13ghz dual core processor). Windows 7 installation CD is 64 bit (copy version). I have retried the installation on each HDD two times or more. The names of the different
sata HDD I have used are Western
digital, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Seagate.
Sometimes the error will show long numbers mixed with x. These HDDs, they all work in other laptops but my HP630 works with only the Seagate HDD that came with it. What do I do in the laptop so that it can be accepting these other ones too as a replacement to the one that came with before it finally dies since I don't want to loose my data incase it happens any moment. They all pass hard disk test. Thanks sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2012
Philcool: The laptop HP630 (64 bit, 500gb Seagate sata HDD, 4gb ddr2 RAM, 2.13ghz dual core processor). Windows 7 installation CD is 64 bit (copy version). I have retried the installation on each HDD two times or more. The names of the different
Sometimes the error will show long numbers mixed with x. These HDDs, they all work in other laptops but my HP630 works with only the Seagate HDD that came with it. What do I do in the laptop so that it can be accepting these other ones too as a replacement to the one that came with before it finally dies since I don't want to loose my data incase it happens any moment. They all pass hard disk test. Thanks sir.
Flash the bios of your system with the maker recommended one(possibly downloaded from the maker official website). After that try to do your windows installation. If that alone didn't solve the problem(Which I know it will) try to change the Sata Controller to Ide and try to do the installation again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
Philcool: The laptop HP630 (64 bit, 500gb Seagate sata HDD, 4gb ddr2 RAM, 2.13ghz dual core processor). Windows 7 installation CD is 64 bit (copy version). I have retried the installation on each HDD two times or more. The names of the different

Insert one of the sata hard drive that pass the hd test

Insert you disk and restart the instalaltion

When it comes to a screen where it ask you to select partition to
install on. there would extended partition. erase, delete, driver, browse

we want the option thas says browse or driver then browse to where you save the
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and select it then click ok or something like that
and see what happened. I am sure the hard disk need a storage driver for it to be recognised
by windows 7 because this hard drive dont come with it so you need a sata ahci storage driver

visit the hp site to check the driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2012
please my utorrent wunt start downloading dont knw y,works normally b4.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Immanuelar(m): 5:26am On Sep 19, 2012
pls techs,i mistakenly used up all my laptop battery to d extent dat it shut down itself nd am trying to on it but its nt responding even wit charger plugged wen i tried to power it without battery,its not respondind,pls wot can i do?nd i am very sure d charger is working perfectly because i used it for for anod% laptop nd it worked.Pls help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 9:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Kaysalas: hi guys, pls how can i get my t.v to show a pdf ebook i have on my laptop(hp 630) as well as play the audio/mp3 files dt accompany the ebook?
abeg make una answer me now!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2012
Kaysalas: abeg make una answer me now!

HDMI cable is your best solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
Hi. Please, I need software that can convert MS Word to PDF comfortably (offline). My PDF complete now leaves watermarks on converted docs.

I've tried Nitro PDF, but it couldn't convert properly. It leaves out half the document in the process.

Any ideas? I need it urgently.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2012
wonlasewonimi:

HDMI cable is your best solution.
thnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by muminblog: 10:57am On Sep 20, 2012
i installed winning 11 game,but it does not full screen while playing..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
fluid26: Hi. Please, I need software that can convert MS Word to PDF comfortably (offline). My PDF complete now leaves watermarks on converted docs.

I've tried Nitro PDF, but it couldn't convert properly. It leaves out half the document in the process.

Any ideas? I need it urgently.
But Microsoft Word 2007 can do that by downloading the PDF converter add-on from their website for free.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2012
all4naija: But Microsoft Word 2007 can do that by downloading the PDF converter add-on from their website for free.

I have word 2010. The add-on is PDF complete. The software is different from the MS Word. It says I need to make purchase if I wish to continue creating PDFs without the LOGO imprinted on the document.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
fluid26:

I have word 2010. The add-on is PDF complete. The software is different from the MS Word. It says I need to make purchase if I wish to continue creating PDFs without the LOGO imprinted on the document.
If your MS word is genuinely activated you can convert word to pdf because it already embelded into MS Word 2010. On Microsoft Word click on 'File' and select 'Save as'. Look for 'PDF' and save the doc.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
It worked. Thank you. I'm grateful. cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hello guys, my hp g62 laptop is not coming up at all. I packed it in my box and travelled with it from Abuja to Lagos. Now trying to turn it on. No sign at all. Taken out the battery. Tried using ac power without battery, still no sign. What could be the problem? Please someone should help suggest possible solutions. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 8:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
all4naija: If your MS word is genuinely activated you can convert word to pdf because it already embelded into MS Word 2010. On Microsoft Word click on 'File' and select 'Save as'. Look for 'PDF' and save the doc.

Thanks man. I have never noticed that functionality is embedded in Word.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 10:38pm On Sep 20, 2012
Immanuelar: thanks dejisunday..if i want to get a genieu copy of d window 7,it will cost lyk how much

Send me an email feedback.chukz@gmail.com ... Or add me on BBM 3119041D... I could help

Strictly official please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by solosamste(m): 11:21am On Sep 21, 2012
Pls I need a mother board for my Laptop asap
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hackomania:

Send me an email feedback.chukz@gmail.com ... Or add me on BBM 3119041D... I could help

Strictly official please

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by muminblog: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2012
muminblog: i installed winning 11 game,but it does not full screen while playing..
there should be solution for this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 22, 2012
muminblog:
there should be solution for this
What screen resolutions are using? Have you search for full-screen from the Winning 11 settings?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ignis: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2012
I use HP laptop, HP 630, each time in on or start it, it keeps on making a beeping sound until i hit enter key on the keyboard, when it on the mouse icon wont move until i hit the arrow key on keyboard. Please someone should help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2012
ignis: I use HP laptop, HP 630, each time in on or start it, it keeps on making a beeping sound until i hit enter key on the keyboard, when it on the mouse icon wont move until i hit the arrow key on keyboard. Please someone should help me.

Is the sound similar to the one found in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUPR_eBnbGA

On reply please state if you're using windows 7
or vista

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.