Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271368 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2009
@skydancer, how do you mean ?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2009
hey pls help me o, i just installed win xp on a laptop of mine, i installed some programs on it and it was fine. after a reboot, i tried to install other files and it refused to install. it was telling me nsis error, error launching installer. i found that if i tried installing from a cd it would work well, but if i copied them onto the hard drive and tried to install it would give me this error. pls wat is going on o
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:33pm On Aug 16, 2009
what software did you install ?

How did you copied it to your hard drive ?

Does it came with xp originally ?

Do you have any security sw such as norton etc ?

In addition to that it wont just say NSIS error it should say something else

meanwhile you can try the followings

Disable windows or third party firewall and then try installing it again

since it wont install in normal mode then we need to try safe mode

turn off your pc back on and keep hitting f8 on your kb

you will be prompted with advanced option use the arrow key to highlight safe mode follow on screen instruction(very simple)

try installing it and see if it would install in safe mode

finally if all fails then the simplest thing to do is try running it on different computer and see what happen, good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2009
@deji. The laptop hinge is broken though not completely. What do you think I should tell him. Nobody has that kind of spare part? Right? P/s: send me your email
@4llerbe. I think I once recieved that message on my system. I had to reinstall my operating system then. You sound like you just reinstalled your os. If that's the case. Did you format your hard disk. If you formatted your hard disk then that suggests your drive is corrupt since your cdrom drive can survive crc check. Also another problem could be virus. Once a virus modifies a program that checks its crc before it runs. The program will not run. So try installing a new os without erasing the previous one. If that works. Install an antivirus from a cd, then scan your system. I suggest you use avira to do that. Then give me a feedback.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2009
@deji. The laptop hinge is broken though not completely. What do you think I should tell him. Nobody has that kind of spare part? Right? P/s: send me your email
@4llerbe. I think I once recieved that message on my system. I had to reinstall my operating system then. You sound like you just reinstalled your os. If that's the case. Did you format your hard disk. If you formatted your hard disk then that suggests your drive is corrupt since your cdrom drive can survive crc check. Also another problem could be virus. Once a virus modifies a program that checks its crc before it runs. The program will not run. So try installing a new os without erasing the previous one. If that works. Install an antivirus from a cd, then scan your system. I suggest you use avira to do that. Then give me a feedback.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2009
@skydancer crc check, nice one. regarding the hinges i dont know what to say the best thing to do is to follow online procedure on how to do it or take it to a technician. my email is dejisunday@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbe(m): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2009
yeah u right thanks forthe help, u needed to have seen me googling feverishly. i justb reinstalled the os and the apps were all good and working well on other pc. actually wat happened was i was changing language options and i had to restart only torestart and see the whole problem. well tyhankfully i solved it by doing system restore, lucky forme apparently the system did a system point aitself after install, how come and why i dont knw av neva seen dt before. i restored and voila it was ok and the apps all installed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2009
@4llerbe you might also want to do a disk checkup
in command prompt type chkdsk /r, this will not only check
for file errors but also for errors on the harddisk. the next
time your pc starts up the disk will be checked for errors
However note that this will take a while.

i have noticed that a lot of people always skip the disk checkup
when it comes up. personally i don't advise (especially on nt-based systems
(including vista n xp) ) it 'cos while most times
it doesn't matter, sometimes it does and the consequence of skipping
that one time might be serious
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2009
@ deji2005 nno my ethernet was not plug! but i'm able to browser the net.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2009
@wizzywisdo

Did you install vista by it`s original cd or duplicate version ?

did you insert the product key at back of cd casing or the one underneath your notebook

Or was it actually recover using hidden recovery partion on the hard drive
just to give you a clue, did you press any key on the keyboard during start up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by netotse(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2009
skydancer:

You know what I mean by smelling a rat. Don't you? We're not performing google-up tricks here. If you once had a problem with your wmp and it got solved that way. You don't need to come and tell us in such a manner. the fact is: i recieved your message. Blackweaver too. Right now one of my friends has a problem. His laptop hinges is broken. I don't know how to repair such a thing. What do you think he should do?

even if its a google up trick sebi the next time you see a similar prob it wont be a google up trick cos u've solved it once. . .you cant know everything jo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:10am On Aug 19, 2009
@deji: do you have contacts of any technicians in portharcourt? Maybe you coukd help him. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:25am On Aug 19, 2009
Hi everyone. I've been trying out iobit advanced windows care. The program is great and would readily and wonderfully help you solve most problems with your pc. It also has a lot of tools. You can use a google search to check it out as i don't have a downlink right now. Goodluck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2009
Dis tread hot die.kip it blazing.plz i hv 2 laptops sent to me 4rm abroad d 1st one writes dis wen i try 2 boot it "IDE channel 0 master HDD locked,Enter HDD password" d 2nd one's dvd drive is not showing in my computer seems like it was hidden.hw can i unhide it.wil b waiting 4 d solutions.thnks a mil in advce
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2009
About the first pc. i really don't know how to crack a locked hard disk, partly because it's illegal. For the second one, you should check if the compuer detects your cdrom drive. You can check it on device manager. Type devmgmt.msc in run then check for cdrom drives and check it's not marked yellow. If it is there then it means it's installed but hidden. You can restore it safely by using the policy editor. Type gpedit.msc in run to open it, then go to user config, then administrative templates then windows explorer. You will see a setting for hiding drives. Double click it and change the setting to disabled.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2009
Tanks 4 d solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by excel26(m): 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2009
PLEASE,
"HELP" DOES NOT OPEN ON MY SYSTEM WAT DO?
D SYSTEM IS A HP pAVILLION, IT WAS ONCE FORMATED,
THANKS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Enockia(m): 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2009
i want to ralia odinga from my system how do i go about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 4:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
If you're talking about the help and support centre, try this. Open run and type 'services.msc' it will open a windows containing your system services. Then select help and support. Double click it and change the startup type to manual. Sometimes it is disabled in pirated copies of windows. If that's not the problem,try to be more specific. Tell me what kind of error messages you recieve.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
@skydancer,d system is vista i culdnt find run.wat do i do?kinda new 2 vista doh i hate it but am afraid if i format it if i can get all d drivers it needs to wok fine wit xp.its a toshiba tecra A8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2009
@emynem05. Hold the windows key and press r to bring up run.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2009
@enockia, i believe you want to remove raila odinga virus from your system. If it's still in it's early stages(your task manager is still working), you can remove it by opening task manager(ctrl+shift+esc). Click processes. Check through the processes and look for files that sound like word documents. Select them and click end process. Track down all the processes like that and end them. Try to delete the picture and see if it comes back after a refresh. If it doesn't then you've completed part one. Next, open command prompt and type the following: del /p /f /a: %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.exe the viruses will appear one by one waiting for you to confirm their deletion. Press y at each prompt to delete. If after you open a document your pc gets infected again, then tell me. I will write a program that can do that for you. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2009
@skydancer,d system is vista i culdnt find run.wat do i do?kinda new 2 vista doh i hate it but am afraid if i format it if i can get all d drivers it needs to wok fine wit xp.its a toshiba tecra A8.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
emynem05:

skydancer:

@emynem05. Hold the windows key and press r to bring up run.

So what's the problem??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stancozy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2009
@emyn, click on the search and type RUN is the search bar, it will come up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
@emyn so, you said is vista. all you need to do is follow the instruction you"ve been given. doesnt seems you are at the moment well,

click start, control panel , switch to classic view, Administrative tools , services. everything is in alphabetical have just tried

this on my vista machine so it should work ok look for problem reports, task scheduler right click on each of them click on properties make sure start up type is set to automatic and the service staus is started if not you need to start the service (self explanatory) shouldnt find it difficult.

restart your computer and everything should be fine if you"re still not getting on I"ll be suprise because you been told many times on how to get this sorted.

hope am been very helpful, Deji sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yomade007(m): 6:09am On Aug 22, 2009
Good job G,
help me out, my IBM laptop is slow any time i open page/app.
If i tune it on is take more than 5/8min to buit.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adebayo111: 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2009
How can i change my computer mac address
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timsilver(m): 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2009
Help my pc has been unbearably slow after i uninstalled karpasky 2009 anti-virus.sum1 pls help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2009
@Timsilver what the name of the previous security software before you installed and uinstall kerpesky?

How long does it take to boot up ? e.g. 5, 10 minutes. you need to tell us if vista or xp ok, next time when your computer boot up press

ctrl+Alt+delete on your keyboard go to performance check the cpu usage. secondly we need to check how many programmes the computer load

up when booting. am finding difficult to give advice since i dont know if xp or vista that why we always say to nairaland computer users to tell us

if vista or xp you know them basic infor. anyway back to topic. I"ll assume is XP becaus of it's popularity.

Click start on your right hand side look for run if it is vista you need to type inside the start search box

and type this in msconfig

click startup then click disable all except your security software if you still have any install click apply and ok

it may ask you to restart just do that and notice how it takes to boot up should be a little bit faster

if still no joy try ruunin disk defragment on your computer as this would free some space or try disk clean up. all the best
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sweetdoct247(m): 12:41am On Aug 23, 2009
I've noticed that everytime I defragment my hard drive I end up loosing disc space instead of gaining it. The last time I defragmentded the drive b4 the action I had 160gig left and after all I had left was 157gig and I didn't install any new app nor did I even run any program while it was on and it has always been like that the one before this reduced my disk space from 164gig to 160gig. I really dont understand. The os is vista(home premium) and the brand is hp.
I also would like to know maybe it's safe to include the drive containing the recovery partition during defragmenting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.