Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263777 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by excel26(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2009
Someone uninstalled my "help and support" from add/remove programe in control panel
what do i do?
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danieee(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2009
lol, try programs - accessories - system tools - system restore, follow the instructions and restore your pc to an earlier date, dat should do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2009
@danieee, good idea
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dypo(m): 4:35am On Sep 01, 2009
@skydancer. Cool topic you have here.
However, my issue is not software related I dont know if you can still help me. I recently purchased a DELL Inspiron 1545 but forgot to charge it for the usual 8-12hrs before/during first use. As a result my battery only lasts 1.5hrs instead of at least 3 hrs. This bothers me a lot. Is there any way you could help. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:52am On Sep 01, 2009
@excel26 are you sure your help/support was removed? i'm not sure it can be uninstalled that way
at least not in winXP - don't know about vista though;
try this: type win+f1 keys together.
if your help is still installed it should come up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by excel26(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
I have Vista on my System (its a tablet pc)
i just did wat u asked me to do now, (i.e win +F1) and a window popped up with windows help and support as d heading but its blank!
after some seconds another window popped up again saying[b] internet explorer cannot download / from help[/b]
i am presently not browsing with d laptop, does it mean Help and Support can only open when am connected to d internet?

please i really need help!!

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2009
on googling your error message i found a site where they had a fix for your
problem; apparently it has something to do with the registry entries for xml
files. Here's the link:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista-7/579581-missing-windows-help-support-vista.html

by the way did you install dreamweaver? in another site that had the same fix
it seems that dreamweaver was the culprit for most people with that problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dypo(m): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2009
cryPlease folks, has anyone got any suggestion for me as to the DELL Inspiron 1545, battery problem. sad cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2009
@excel26, have you tried what danieee suggested ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BlackRevo: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
dypo:

cryPlease folks, has anyone got any suggestion for me as to the DELL Inspiron 1545, battery problem. sad cry

You can drain the battery and then recharge it again. I mean you should just leave the laptop on with the battery and let it run out shutting itself down and then charge it again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
@excel26 install windows update and the problem should be solve. Good luck, Deji Sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2009
@dypo like the previos tec has said. let the battery run flat then recharge. The reason why you were having that problem was because a battery

has a memory that stores all the power. so, if you charge your laptop to 100% and then use it then charge it again the laptop will only remember

the last power left before you actually charge it. so what you need to do is let your batery runs low to 15-20% with the yellow sign ontop of the

battery icons on system tray or sounding alarm then charge it .this would prevent the laptop from memorising and hence stop it from loosing charge
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
@excel26 how did you install your internet explorer ? in other words does it install successfully ? what version of internet explorer you"re using version 6 7 or 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dypo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
@deji2009. I have tried draining the battery, even up till it was empty. That did not help. I bought this system on July 30, since then the full battery charge has been deteriorating steadily from 1.45hrs to 1hr 20 mins.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2009
@dypo was just replying to another thread. ok, what you need to do is turn off your notebook back on again and keep pressing F2 until you come to Bios setup utility look for power management or something similar and check the staus of the battery. to help you with this have attached a picyure. if the battery report ok then am afraid you just got to stick with what you"ve got otherwise buy new battery but i see no point in doing that will just like a waste of money. Is up to you, Good luck. Deji sunday
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:47am On Sep 02, 2009
bios screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:51am On Sep 02, 2009
sorry the image wont fix have try resizing it no joy but you should get the instruction
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ABDULJELIL1(m): 2:50am On Sep 02, 2009
Pls help me out,i went to d cafe to download some softwear to my pc on getting home to install and start using it,once i start my pc, it shows booting options,trying any of them(options) it will show window logo as it want to start window and later show blue background briefly and restart again.Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2009
Pls help me out,i went to d cafe to download some softwear to my pc on getting home to install and start using it,once i start my pc, it shows booting options,trying any of them(options) it will show window logo as it want to start window and later show blue background briefly and restart again.Pls help

@ABDUL JELIL, next time can you please specify if XP or Vista make & model. this will enable to quickly think on our feet

ok, turn it off and back on for me please. dont wait for anything and keep pressing F8 until you come to advanced boot option

scroll down to safe mode when in safe mode click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and system restore then select a date when it was working and wait for the system to turn back the hand of time.

If you"re not able to see safe mode try pressing f5 then select your hard disk then quickly f8 then safe mode

if for anything reason safe mode is not coming up then turn it off again please back on f8 like you did earlier on go for disbale automatic restart on system failure

next time you restart you know that blue screen you mention earlier on that keep flickering on and off it will now appear and now we have the culprit. just tell us what the error is and we see what we can do for you. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nelojay: 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2009
i cant remove avast antivirus from my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BlackRevo: 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2009
nelojay:

i cant remove avast antivirus from my system

Download and use this software for that revo uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2009
Download and use this software for that revo uninstaller http://www.revouninstaller.com/

@nelojay just incase that is asking you to purchase it, download this free from the Avast webite

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall-utility.html

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by b12360: 2:49am On Sep 04, 2009
S.O.S - DEAR ALL, p/s I have two immediate problems. MY friend formatted my HP recovery hard disk in my p.c (HP 530 notebook - windows vista). I usually use what he removed to restore my system to it's factory shipment condition. how can i get it back? I used service pack 1 and i noticed a difference.

Secondly i'm desperate about getting a software or manual with which i can use to teach myself computer - microsoft office 2007. my window is vista. the one i have is xp. TRUE CONFESSION-i am new to computer and my job demands of it. is there any i can download materials or software in respect to that WITH REFERENCE VISTA.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oliverdon: 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
pls i need help since i bougth my vista the inbuilt web cam is not working even wen activate it,the only thing it does is to c myself without broadcasting wen am chatting and i cannot view webcam if am invited pls what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2009
Some1 should pls help. Anytime i want to download,what i always get is that my download manager has expired & hav never installed it b4. Do i need 2 install any software 4 downloading?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2009
is your download manager idm?
you probably have a download manager that is trial ware
and now the trial period is expired.
uninstall the download manager; you can download another one later
fdm (free download manager), flashget are two good totally free
download managers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2009
is your download manager idm?
you probably have a download manager that is trial ware
and now the trial period is expired.
uninstall the download manager; you can download another one later
fdm (free download manager), flashget are two good totally free
download managers

@ Simbobo I agree
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:55pm On Sep 04, 2009
@oliver don what software you"re using skype yahoo or msn messenger ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2009
S.O.S - DEAR ALL, p/s I have two immediate problems. MY friend formatted my HP recovery hard disk in my p.c (HP 530 notebook - windows vista). I usually use what he removed to restore my system to it's factory shipment condition. how can i get it back? I used service pack 1 and i noticed a difference.

sorry ! there's nothing much you can do, since the recovery has been partition. it means you will not be able to reinstall windows should it's be infected with virus. The only option is to get a reinstallation disk
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simbobo(f): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2009
Tenx,where can i get d free internet download manager u'r talking about.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 12:27am On Sep 05, 2009
internet downlod manager (idm) is not free
you can get free download manager (fdm) from http://www.freedownloadmanager.org
yo can also get flashget from flashget.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2009
@Simbobo: Can you give me your email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.