Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267939 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
deji2009:

se google to find out how
you could get to safe mode and
use system restore to take it
back to when it was working okay

1st
when in safe mode try to restart, does it restart
if u install a ?
if it does go to safe mode again and use system
restore to take it back to when it was working, i.e.
3 to 4 months ago. at the back of ur laptop
there would moldel number e.g dv6000 or hp g60-404SA
after follow..all these get bk to normal windows
no f8 just let it boot normally then try installing progra..
then restart to test

Ok bro, thanks..

So what do i do with the model number?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
i tried to run an application (tweakvpn) i just downloaded after extracting the files. i got an error message, dat i need to install one .NET framework: V.4.0.30319., its a 64-bit system, running on windows 7 ultimate. help pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aduku1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hello, recently i noticed that when my laptop is conected to plug, it shocks me alot.... what can i do or can i repair it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2013
honeric01:

Ok bro, thanks..

So what do i do with the model number?

follow prev instructions please and let us know what happened

the model number allow us to check the product
history and any known issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2013
pxjosh: i tried to run an application (tweakvpn) i just downloaded after extracting the files. i got an error message, dat i need to install one .NET framework: V.4.0.30319., its a 64-bit system, running on windows 7 ultimate. help pls

Pls take time to read the information on
scrool down to read where it says net framr work
and follow their advice

http://www.tweakwarevpn.net/index.php?action=downloads
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
aduku1: Hello, recently i noticed that when my laptop is conected to plug, it shocks me alot.... what can i do or can i repair it.

The shock could be caused by your wrists being in contact
with a piece of bare metal or maybe even a constant static
charge. Check the casing for any anomolies.
Most likely theres a component thats touching the metal
casing somewhere that may be charging it.
It could be just static electricity that has built up.
Clear any dust in or around the laptop and check any wires for tears or rips.

Better still look for onegig on this forum he may be able to help.
he may charge for his service. just ask him as he may of help
or take it to your local shop

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 6:20pm On Oct 29, 2013
pxjosh: i tried to run an application (tweakvpn) i just downloaded after extracting the files. i got an error message, dat i need to install one .NET framework: V.4.0.30319., its a 64-bit system, running on windows 7 ultimate. help pls
hmm u wan use MTN bis for system bah.. Follow bro.deji post ! Go and read the requirements jux download .net framework
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2013
I tried formatting my system today but I learned that I couldn't because "the setup didn't have permission to the installation files". I think it has something to do with the fact that I have the BIOS password protection enabled. I tried disabling the password protection but each time I put in my password in the BIOS Adminstrator Password space, it acts as if I put in the wrong code. I use the same code to unlock the hard drive each time I start up the computer so... Anyway, now, I want to permantely disable the password protection. How do I do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by RICTPE: 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Please I forget my window 7 password, how can i unlock it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
RICTPE: Please I forget my window 7 password, how can i unlock it
bro i have used this steps below before ! http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/reset-password-windows-7.htm or at logon screen click ctrl+alt+dlete twice and then type administrator in username leave passwrd blank then click enter . To login into windows and click start>ctrl panel>user accounts then choose the usera/c and change de paswrd dont want to go tru all this stress jux download windows 7 password recovery tool and burn it Cd and boot the lock pc wit it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aduku1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
One gig, i need ur help recently i noticed that when my laptop isconnected to power, its shocks alot. What can i do or can i repair it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leward(m): 12:18am On Oct 30, 2013
Pls guys, about two days ago i tethered my laptop's wifi with dat of a friends phone and since then i've been unable to swith off my wifi, it always says 'couldn't switch off wifi' what does this mean and what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2013
aduku1: One gig, i need ur help recently i noticed that when my laptop isconnected to power, its shocks alot. What can i do or can i repair it.

Sorry . Just seeing this. Where are you based?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2013
pls can someone help me out i use dell inspiron 5420,if i want to send a file with my bluetooth it fails
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EFCC1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2013
greetings to everyone...
Pls u guys should help me o..my laptop (compaq) is not booting...wht happen was that thr was a day i powered it ON and it was takin longer to boot there4 i forced shut-down n since then it hasnt come up again, when i power it; all d light (cap lock, number lock) start blinking, d fan also works n dvd also eject but it doesnt display anything on d screen...ENGINEERS IN D HOUSE PLS HELP ME O
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
EFCC1: greetings to everyone...
Pls u guys should help me o..my laptop (compaq) is not booting...wht happen was that thr was a day i powered it ON and it was takin longer to boot there4 i forced shut-down n since then it hasnt come up again, when i power it; all d light (cap lock, number lock) start blinking, d fan also works n dvd also eject but it doesnt display anything on d screen...ENGINEERS IN D HOUSE PLS HELP ME O

does the lights blinks continuously, as in none stop ?
what make is your laptop, e.g compaq cq, TX series
or dv series. this number can be found on a white
label located at the back of the machine.

On the laptop, can u c any sign of nvidia or AMD/Radeion
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
tunddy: pls can someone help me out i use dell inspiron 5420,if i want to send a file with my bluetooth it fails

what error did you get?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
honeric01:
thanks, it has started working again!
Good! Can you tell us how ? So that other can learn from it.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Leward(m): 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Leward: Pls guys, about two days ago i tethered my laptop's wifi with dat of a friends phone and since then i've been unable to swith off my wifi, it always says 'couldn't switch off wifi' what does this mean and what can i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by EFCC1(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
deji2009:

does the lights blinks continuously, as in none stop ?
what make is your laptop, e.g compaq cq, TX series
or dv series. this number can be found on a white
label located at the back of the machine.

On the laptop, can u c any sign of nvidia or AMD/Radeion

yes. d light blink non-stop as far as it is on..

D make is: Compaq presario CQ61

its AMD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
EFCC1:

yes. d light blink non-stop as far as it is on..

D make is: Compaq presario CQ61

its AMD

ATX Reset Procedures:

Disconnect the power from your computer.
If possible remove the battery and external devices.
Hold the power button for about 15 seconds
Put the battery back in the computer
Reconnect the power
Press the power button to turn on your computer

If you're able to power it on
keep pressing f10 to get to bios
then locate your bios
version write it down [/b]and
visit compaq website
to search for your
laptop, specifically.
[b]compare the versions

and let us know if
there's any difference.

Then find diagnostics on
d bios screen, then test hard disk
after that[b] run a memory test [/b]
about 10 minutes to d test if no errors
just exit it and press f9 to load default
then f10 to save and exit, let it boot
to normal desktop. The issue u r having
is a design flaw by Compaq
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temmyplayboy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 30, 2013
Gurus in d house,pls how can l restore recovery partion on hp laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by aduku1(m): 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2013
Lagos
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 12:25am On Oct 31, 2013
Pls help is needed. I don't know what happened I just realized my laptop is acting up. I can't enable my wi-fi. whenever I click on it to enable through open network and sharing center, it shows that it is enabled but wont reflect on both the icon and on open network and sharing center

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2013
tunnex190: Pls help is needed. I don't know what happened I just realized my laptop is acting up. I can't enable my wi-fi. whenever I click on it to enable through open network and sharing center, it shows that it is enabled but wont reflect on both the icon and on open network and sharing center
What is your system configuration?

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2013
I tried formatting my system today but I learned
that I couldn't because "the setup didn't have
permission to the installation files". I think it has
something to do with the fact that I have the
BIOS password protection enabled. I tried
disabling the password protection but each time I
put in my password in the BIOS Adminstrator
Password space, it acts as if I put in the wrong
code. I use the same code to unlock the hard
drive each time I start up the computer so...
Anyway, now, I want to permantely disable the
password protection. How do I do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horppy(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2013
Illuminatus: I tried formatting my system today but I learned
that I couldn't because "the setup didn't have
permission to the installation files". I think it has
something to do with the fact that I have the
BIOS password protection enabled. I tried
disabling the password protection but each time I
put in my password in the BIOS Adminstrator
Password space, it acts as if I put in the wrong
code. I use the same code to unlock the hard
drive each time I start up the computer so...
Anyway, now, I want to permantely disable the
password protection. How do I do that?
which window are u using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2013
aduku1: Lagos
send me a pm. Although am not in lagos at present.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:37am On Oct 31, 2013
tunnex190: Pls help is needed. I don't know what happened I just realized my laptop is acting up. I can't enable my wi-fi. whenever I click on it to enable through open network and sharing center, it shows that it is enabled but wont reflect on both the icon and on open network and sharing center
dude from ur screen shot it shows dat ur wifi is diabled.. right click and click enable.. den u can check with 2 si if it is active or not with ur wireless switch.. gud luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2013
Illuminatus: I tried formatting my system today but I learned that I couldn't because "the setup didn't have permission to the installation files". I think it has something to do with the fact that I have the BIOS password protection enabled. I tried disabling the password protection but each time I put in my password in the BIOS Adminstrator Password space, it acts as if I put in the wrong code. I use the same code to unlock the hard drive each time I start up the computer so... Anyway, now, I want to permantely disable the password protection. How do I do that?

oga sir.. i sim not 2 understand ur statement.. if i can decode u correctly u want 2 4mat ur lappy.. btw wat medium are u using.. usb flash, internal cdrom or external or LAN.....

d only way u can be prevented from 4matting ur system is if u have a bad medium u want 2 use 2 install (installation files bin corrupt) and if ur bios has a password up 2 d level @ which u cant select a bootable medium
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dude99(m): 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
Please,i have an Hp g62 laptop the problem i have with it is that it has refused for display anything,it is only the wifi button that blinks,do you have any idea what the problem is?

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.