Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277831 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
deji2009:

Can you c any light flashing at the side of the cd drive ? yes

Can you hear any rattling disk inside the drive ? No

click start, computer or my computer locate the
cd drive right lick and click eject, any joy ? Nothing happen

L@@k at d side of the cd drive, you would c a hole
use a paper clip to open it. do it gently ! I cannot see any hole
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2013
Emzybrown:

deji2009:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RE:CD DVD
what make and model is ur laptop e.g hp , acer, dell, toshiba p300-20h
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrKIZITO(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
Please i need your help on this. When ever i on my pc window 7 ...it will display this...."keyboard error'' that i should press f1 or f9{boot menu}....after i press f1 the system will start but the keyboard will not be working...please tell me what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
I'm really angry with phcn right, i need help o.
My dell laptop came with a preinstalled win 7 but i upgraded to win 8, after like 8 months i decided to change back to window 7 for reasons known to me. I was resetting my laptop to factory settings when phcn seized power, 2hrs later, my laptop battery went off while the pc was still resetting.
Right now, my laptop keeps saying 'diagnosing, repairing then unable to repair system. I've tried to boot from a window 8 cd but it keeps saying 'the image recovery media not valid'. I also with the help of someone download a window 8 recovery disc, yet it keeps saying the same thing. I really do not know what to do about the whole thing. How can i get pass this dilema? I have a win 7 cd too but it does nt recognize it, keeps asking for win 8 and sometimes brings up a code like logfile:p//cwindows system32 bla bla bla not found.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
all4naija: Good! Can you tell us how ? So that other can learn from it.

Thank you.
i did as mr deji explained.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
deji2009:

deji2009:

Thanks my brother God bless you, i found a tiny hole and i used pin to press it and it opened, that means i will be opening it with pins from now, i tried using the normal button but no response, does it need repairs or should i manage it with pin...Thanks for your help

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RE:CD DVD
what make and model is ur laptop e.g hp , acer, dell, toshiba p300-20h
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kayman358(m): 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
Pls m having issues with my windows 7 laptop, it's saying windows not geniune and d screen is black any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sapienman(m): 9:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
sapienman:

Hello,
Here's the problem with my pc.
After turning it on, before booting, it shows a page with options 'Repair' and 'Start Windows normally.
After choosing either of them, it shows a window that says the pc has some errors and asks if I want to repair it. If I click 'Repair,' it shows a window that says 'Repairing windows.' It continues for hours without any difference. Please what shall I do?
It's a small hp netbook, with intel atom problemrocessor

sapienman:

Hello deji2009, after I posted this question last week, you put me through on how to do a system restore in safe mode.
Well, I did that but when the system restarted there was no difference. Till now, it has the same issues! Also, on starting the system, it says the power of the battery is weak.
What do I do?

deji2009:

That's correct ! I would advise you take back to factory settings, all data will be lost
if you don't have anything to backup restart it and make sure laptop is plugged to source as
the process can take 45 minutes or longer. Then keep pressing f11 to start recovery manager
system recovery no backup then follow the instructions to finish.

Make sure no usb or anything attached before doing the recovery. This is the easiest solution for you

Thanks for your reply!
Is there no other way to solve the problem without losing the data on the pc?
I have so many files I'll love to backup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2013
sapienman:

Thanks for your reply!

can u make a bootable disc?btw waz ur location
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 03, 2013
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP MY SYSTEM FROM HIGHLITING BY ITSELF?? I MEAN TYPING LETTERS BY ITSELF...and also pls give me the website where i can download free games\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 6:20am On Nov 03, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

What Windows installation disk are u using. If u have used different disks as bright suggested and they problem still persist, I would suggest u delete your hardisk partition, create another one and then do a format. If it continues, check ur memory.
I tried deleting and creating another partition, but my disk manager won't start. I've shut it down and tried again. But still when I try to open the disk manager nothing happens.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:00am On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus:
I tried deleting and creating another partition, but my disk manager won't start. I've shut it down and tried again. But still when I try to open the disk manager nothing happens.

Did u attach the hardisk to another system? If no then there is no need of using windows disk manager. I asked u which windows installation disk u r using. U'll just have to boot from your optical drive. During windows pre installation i.e when u r installing the windows, you will be given an option to delete the Hdd partition.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Did u attach the hardisk to another system? If no then there is no need of using windows disk manager. I asked u which windows installation disk u r using. U'll just have to boot from your optical drive. During windows pre installation i.e when u r installing the windows, you will be given an option to delete the Hdd partition.
Okay. I'll try this. And it's windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:19am On Nov 03, 2013
sapienman:

Thanks for your reply!

when in recovery manager via f11 select system recovery backup recommended
then it would ask for a storage device such as USB stick or an external hard drive
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus:
Okay. I'll try this. And it's windows 7

Since u r using windows 7 disk, during installation where it will display the available Hdd for the installation, click on drive options, u will see an option to delete the partition.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Since u r using windows 7 disk, during installation where it will display the available Hdd for the installation, click on drive options, u will see an option to delete the partition.
Hi Knight. I've tried. I inserted the disk, shut down and started up the computer again. The cd compactment vibrated a lot and it showed the normal compaq logo for long time the computer started normally. Asking me to type in the BIOS password, then windows password and showing the desktop. I also tried loading the disk through an external CD Drive but still the same thing. What now?
BTW, thanks for the help so far.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 10:22am On Nov 03, 2013
Pls I need your help urgently. I bought a London used hp elitebook book. A week after purchase the laptop was writing system locked as a result of assets audit management, pls contact Vicki valcour for assistance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
honeric01: I'm really angry with phcn right, i need help o.
My dell laptop came with a preinstalled win 7 but i upgraded to win 8, after like 8 months i decided to change back to window 7 for reasons known to me. I was resetting my laptop to factory settings when phcn seized power, 2hrs later, my laptop battery went off while the pc was still resetting.
Right now, my laptop keeps saying 'diagnosing, repairing then unable to repair system. I've tried to boot from a window 8 cd but it keeps saying 'the image recovery media not valid'. I also with the help of someone download a window 8 recovery disc, yet it keeps saying the same thing. I really do not know what to do about the whole thing. How can i get pass this dilema? I have a win 7 cd too but it does nt recognize it, keeps asking for win 8 and sometimes brings up a code like logfile:p//cwindows system32 bla bla bla not found.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
wahlay: Pls I need your help urgently. I bought a London used hp elitebook book. A week after purchase the laptop was writing system locked as a result of assets audit management, pls contact Vicki valcour for assistance.
post a screenshot
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus:
Hi Knight. I've tried. I inserted the disk, shut down and started up the computer again. The cd compactment vibrated a lot and it showed the normal compaq logo for long time the computer started normally. Asking me to type in the BIOS password, then windows password and showing the desktop. I also tried loading the disk through an external CD Drive but still the same thing. What now?
this ur matter get as e be oo.. where be ur location sef.. cos e-help nor won reason ur mata oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wahlay(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
brightk: post a screenshot
Don't really knw hw to take screen shot, but whenever I power d system, its usually blank wit d statement written on it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
tunnex190:

Pls help is needed. I don't know what happened I just realized my laptop is acting up. I can't enable my wi-fi. whenever I click on it to enable through open network and sharing center, it shows that it is enabled but wont reflect on both the icon and on open network and sharing center.

These screenshots contain both the system configuration and open network and sharing center -the shot i took when it has been enabled already. I have both windows 7 and 8 installed on it. If i switch to windows 7 and i switch on the wi-fi, it works perfectly, and it was the same on windows 8 before it started acting up recently on windows 8. The laptop model is HP compaq 6735s

I can see from the image your WIFI adapter is disabled. Right-click on it and select 'Enable'. If nothing happen, uninstall the driver and clean your system with a Ccleaner(downloaded from Google search), install it and clean your registry. Check if your system is using a switch that is turned off for the wireless network.

Next:

1. Right-click your 'Desktop' and select 'Manage' to continue.

2. Click 'Device Manager' and right-click 'Network Controller' under 'Other devices' to the right-hand side of the dialog.

3. Select 'Properties' and click 'Detail' tab to continue.

4. Under 'Property' click the drop-down and select 'Hardware Id'.

5. right-click on the information displays below 'Value' and select copy.

6. Past it into Google search and look for the exact name of the network controller.

7. Type into Google search your system model supports and download the WIFI driver that has the same name with the one with the 'Value' information you copied earlier.

8. Download it and install it . Restart your system and try to connect.

Return back here with your findings.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2013
Illuminatus:

I hope u changed your first boot priority to your optical drive. I don't see how ur BIOS will ask you for a password during Windows installation, unless u want 2 access the BIOS to make some changes prior to installation. from what you say, the system fails 2 boot from the optical drive. check ur boot priority and try another copy of Windows 7 disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oyeludef(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
hello all. Please urgent help is currently needed. I have a problem wit my computer as some important files are missen. All my files in my disk c: disappeared and some softwares like my lock box. All files in my drive g: dat were inside my lockbox r currently missen includin softcopy of my project. I am still hopeful cos d available size on my harddisk did not change meanin it hasnt been deleted but i need help to get back those files. Please i need help thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2013
oyelude f: hello all. Please urgent help is currently needed. I have a problem wit my computer as some important files are missen. All my files in my disk c: disappeared and some softwares like my lock box. All files in my drive g: dat were inside my lockbox r currently missen includin softcopy of my project. I am still hopeful cos d available size on my harddisk did not change meanin it hasnt been deleted but i need help to get back those files. Please i need help thanks.
Download Recuva and use it to recover the missing files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by donclark(m): 5:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
Oyelude Recuva is the best like all4naija said but for critical recovery, you can download photorec. Just search for it and try.

For your pc and mobile solutions, visit www.thetechtherapy..com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oyeludef(m): 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
all4naija: Download Recuva and use it to recover the missing files.

thanks but iv already tried using recuva but non of those files were detected mayb because dey were not deleted. Dey r still in d computer disk cos d available space indicated is still the same as it was before dis happen but i cant see those files.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Illuminatus(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
brightk: this ur matter get as e be oo.. where be ur location sef.. cos e-help nor won reason ur mata oo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
oyelude f: thanks but iv already tried using recuva but non of those files were detected mayb because dey were not deleted. Dey r still in d computer disk cos d available space indicated is still the same as it was before dis happen but i cant see those files.
Then, you can try this post process below by one of the users in this forum. I hope this will be very useful to you.

semid4lyfe: @ onegig and All4naija

Thanks.

I've been able to recover my files in my bad Ext HD and all of 'em were undamaged. It was oyb's post in page 114 of the Ubuntu Linux thread that pointed me in the right direction. All it took was a professional recovery Software. . .Runtime GetDataBack.

This software BAAAD. As in, I hadn't deep scanned more than 10% when it detected all my files (813GB worth of stuff) in the 1TB Ext HD. It was going to take 11hrs to finish scanning but I stopped it @ 10% to test if it would recover the files successfully and it did. Also, All the files were undamaged and usable. I even installed the Windows 8.1 Pro WMC OS ISO and many other softwares I recovered from the HD and they all worked perfectly. ALL THIS AT JUST 10% shocked

Thanks once again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375098_GetDataBack_jpgfea8c0e6843c7cbbc9735762f1eaac30

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1375099_Copying_Files_To_Desktop_jpg00f24c8924332224fb6da587a8933445
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oyeludef(m): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
all4naija:
Then, you can try this post process below by one of the users in this forum. I hope this will be very useful to you.

thanks boss am gonna try it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 12:12am On Nov 04, 2013
Guys pls help with my plea na, i'm thinking of heading to c.villa tomorow with it if nothing can be done. Make una put me through o abeg.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 2:35am On Nov 04, 2013
Oga please help me oo.. I nor know why my laptop con dey slow anyhow now.to booth fast becomes a problem,running smoothly also a problem and I have avg internet security on it which hasn't expired.please I need a soln.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.