Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268009 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
haryomikun:
please guys, my downloads always stop at 99 percent. i dont know why tho... embarassed . thats whenever am using Mozilla firefox. so i tryd gettin google chrome. Same result..... they all stop at 99 percent. i need your help guys
try turning off your antivirus and attempt to download. This is not recommended though, as it exposes you to security threats. The browser catches the files you download to the cache and the antivirus upon scanning returns the command to save it to the download folder. An error by the antivirus whilst parsing the file can delay the command to save it to the download folder. This makes it sit at 99 percent forever. This is the sure bet. If no joy, try to run the check disk utility. Into your start menu, type run, in the dialog box, type chkdsk. You may be notified that the disk checking should be scheduled for the next restart, select yes. Reboot your system. The check disk prompt will check for file errors and lasts according to the size of your disk and files. Good luck.
If the problem is solved by the first option, then reinstall your antivirus. If it's solved by the latter, then you need not to do any other thing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
promisedeco:
after using my computer three days ago i shut it down, the next day i boot only to notice that it is terribly hanging. whenever it reaches at WELCOME it takes a decade to do something else(boot). But even if it does it does not show all my files---scanty screen.
please what is the cause and how can i fix it.

THANKS
restart your computer and keep pressing f8, select safe mode. Try to restore your system and see what happens.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
pharmtech:
pls im seriously in help need,my samsung cannot be detect detected by windows 8.1 its only charge the phone.Help me for the solution
have you selected the MTP USB option? Try another USB cord to see whether is's the cable.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pharmtech: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
bigt2:
have you selected the MTP USB option? Try another USB cord to whether is's the cable.
broz i ran troubleshoot to find the problem and show me the driver of the phone is not install
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
pharmtech:
broz i ran troubleshoot to find the problem and show me the driver of the phone is not install
Very good! Search for android universal driver, install it on your pc and let's see what that brings.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xwallace(m): 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
Pls someone help on where I can get or download hp recovery software for hp650 window 8 cos my hp 650 didn't come wit hp recovery disk and my hp can't boot, keep on showing "selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue" and when I pressed enter it will shutdown, I ve tried enabled legacy support n disable secure boot to no avail. Help me out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
xwallace:
Pls someone help on where I can get or download hp recovery software for hp650 window 8 cos my hp 650 didn't come wit hp recovery disk and my hp can't boot, keep on showing "selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue" and when I pressed enter it will shutdown, I ve tried enabled legacy support n disable secure boot to no avail. Help me out.
This must be a BIOS error, have you tried to remove the battery, unplug the system and press the power button for 35 seconds?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
xwallace:

bigt2:
This must be a BIOS error, have you tried to remove the battery, unplug the system and press the power button for 35 seconds?

1st

Could answer bigt2 question please. In addition, could you restart keep pressing f10 for bios/UEFI.
and disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run. if no joy please change back to what it
was and make sure you save and exit.

2nd

make sure no cd or dvd in your computer

Also make sure the boot order is set to hard drive and not floppy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Demola66(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2015
My laptop is DV7 whenever am watching film on it using any player it always play in slow motion after like 5mins of watching D film I thought it was d battery so I bought a new one and changed my OS to window 8 buh still doing d same it always do like dis whenever I don't plug d laptop to power. It am charging it & watching film it will do normal Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xwallace(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
deji2009:

1st

Could answer bigt2 question please. In addition, could you restart keep pressing f10 for bios/UEFI.
and disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run. if no joy please change back to what it
was and make sure you save and exit.

2nd

make sure no cd or dvd in your computer

Also make sure the boot order is set to hard drive and not floppy

I have done that of hard reset no progress. And also enabled legacy support n disable secure boot saved n exit, it show 'You pc need to be repaired. Digital signature can't be verified
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
xwallace:

I have done that of hard reset no progress. And also enabled legacy support n disable secure boot saved n exit, it show 'You pc need to be repaired. Digital signature can't be verified

Please follow

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Moreover,

"If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is not functioning correctly, this method does not work and an error message displays. If an error message indicates that System Recovery cannot be run from the startup screen, a set of recovery discs or a recovery USB flash drive is needed to perform a system recovery. Follow the instructions listed in one of the following sections, depending on the recovery media available: Recovery from recovery discs (Windows cool or Recovery from a USB flash drive (Windows cool.
Turn off the computer.
Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.
Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose your keyboard layout screen displays, and then follow these instructions:
Click to select the keyboard layout.
The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Choose an Option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot".

The above is from hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
Demola66:
My laptop is DV7 whenever am watching film on it using any player it always play in slow motion after like 5mins of watching D film I thought it was d battery so I bought a new one and changed my OS to window 8 buh still doing d same it always do like dis whenever I don't plug d laptop to power. It am charging it & watching film it will do normal Pls help
this must be a problem with your power options. When on battery, change the power plan to high performance and let's know how it goes. Good luck.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haryomikun(m): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
bigt2:
try turning off your antivirus and attempt to download. This is not recommended though, as it exposes you to security threats. The browser catches the files you download to the cache and the antivirus upon scanning returns the command to save it to the download folder. An error by the antivirus whilst parsing the file can delay the command to save it to the download folder. This makes it sit at 99 percent forever. This is the sure bet. If no joy, try to run the check disk utility. Into your start menu, type run, in the dialog box, type chkdsk. You may be notified that the disk checking should be scheduled for the next restart, select yes. Reboot your system. The check disk prompt will check for file errors and lasts according to the size of your disk and files. Good luck.
If the problem is solved by the first option, then reinstall your antivirus. If it's solved by the latter, then you need not to do any other thing.
Thanks a lot bro... It worked and m back to downloading!!!! smiley
God bless yu big tym bro! smiley

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dharmmieojo(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
Engineers..pls help I v been using my laptop a while now with no issues but now my brother took it 2 d cafe to browse with it...now it shws ingenuie window that I shud activate ny1 have n idea hw I can solve this problem? Tnks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dharmmieojo:
Engineers..pls help I v been using my laptop a while now with no issues but now my brother took it 2 d cafe to browse with it...now it shws ingenuie window that I shud activate ny1 have n idea hw I can solve this problem? Tnks
download window activator it will activate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:02am On Mar 02, 2015
haryomikun:

Thanks a lot bro... It worked and m back to downloading!!!! smiley
God bless yu big tym bro! smiley
you're welcome. Which one worked? In case another person have a similar issue? First, or second?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by haryomikun(m): 12:07am On Mar 02, 2015
bigt2:
you're welcome. Which one worked? In case another person have a similar issue? First, or second?
The anrivirus one....

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 12:44am On Mar 02, 2015
haryomikun:

The anrivirus one....
glad to hear.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:34am On Mar 02, 2015
Please I mistakenly deleted the videos folder from my ibraries, how do I restore it back?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 5:14am On Mar 02, 2015
HELP O! This rubbish avast am using can't even delete this Paint.exe virus

I don taya

Please I need help BAD Bad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Demola66(m): 6:46am On Mar 02, 2015
bigt2:
this must be a problem with your power options. When on battery, change the power plan to high performance and let's know how it goes. Good luck.
Fanks very much it works wella
How can I activate my window 8
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2015
Demola66:

Fanks very much it works wella
How can I activate my window 8
there should be an activation disc sold alongside your windows installation disk. Taking it to be that cheap one. Follow the instructions to activate and go online to complete the activation. Let's know if you're able to do so.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pharmtech: 8:37am On Mar 02, 2015
bigt2:
Very good! Search for android universal driver, install it on your pc and let's see what that brings.
very very thanks broda its work seriously

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 8:38am On Mar 02, 2015
Qhal:
Please I mistakenly deleted the videos folder from my ibraries, how do I restore it back?

Its not in the recycle bin? If it is, restore it.

You could just make a new folder called Videos. That's if you are trying to get the folder back and not it's contents.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2015
HyDef:

Its not in the recycle bin? If it is, restore it.

You could just make a new folder called Videos. That's if you are trying to get the folder back and not it's contents.
What abt it contents?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HyDef(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2015
Have you checked the recycle bin?

There might be more complex ways to recover your files but I'm no expert in data recovery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2015
Qhal:
if the video folder is not in the recycle bin, it may be because you emptied the bin or you used the Shift+Delete button. anyway, for every problem, there must be a solution. try downloading Recuva (google that). it should be able to recover from the sectors of your hard disk.
when you delete permanently, the files are still there in your hard drive, just the allocation is deleted, leaving the file intact to be overwritten when next the part of the hard disk the deleted item(s) were. try that software and lets know how it goes. Good Luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2015
ChynoBEATS:
HELP O! This rubbish avast am using can't even delete this Paint.exe virus

I don taya

Please I need help BAD Bad

do you know the location of the virus? if yes/no, reboot your system into safe mode and retry. if no joy, then you should download malwarebyte anti malware. that should solve the problem. good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:54am On Mar 02, 2015
Qhal:
in addition to the reply, you can try to go to My computer, select the drice, open your user folder, the check if videos folder is there. if yes, then drag the folder to the library. i think you deleted it in the library, not the real video folder. then if eventually you find out that youve permanently deleted the folder, refer to my previous post. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ChynoBEATS: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
bigt2:

do you know the location of the virus? if yes/no, reboot your system into safe mode and retry. if no joy, then you should download malwarebyte anti malware. that should solve the problem. good luck
embarassed safe mode ? How can I do such
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horrpeyemi: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
ChynoBEATS:
embarassed safe mode ? How can I do such
restart your system keep pressing f8 until you safe mode and click on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.