Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,209 members, 7,839,118 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278868 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Tolzeal:

You didnt crack well....

Not that he did not crack it well, he actually did.. D new version released earlier dis week is like dat even if u crack, it still pops out but a stable version was released I think yesterday or today.. Guess he should download it...
#peace
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Collinz2(m): 8:20am On Apr 09, 2015
zyzxx:
ur window?
Try system restore
system restore iz what crash my hp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tuljaking(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2015
Just Cheapest Links by Tuljaking: 8:40am Are you into shipping or you are interested we hold tutorials for that
we guide you through the a to z of it ..we also have the cheapest
source link of top market selling product you can get iphone6 uk for
70 000 full package you can sell as new if you like we have links to
jordan and airmax going as cheap as 2500 no carton or packaging
though you cant be jobless if you ave a job online shipping is another stream to your total revenue we are loyal ...juz feel free to whatsapp
best of luck
good day to everyone
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 09, 2015
Please I need a replacement keyboard for my acer aspire 5250-0468, where can I get it and like how much I can get it .. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coldFLARES1(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Tolzeal:

.Are u sure it drivers or missing dll files.... Please confirm the error you getting and make a post again...
Alright, when i want to play my game of 'hearts' here's the first feedback: hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on. So, there it is sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coldFLARES1(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2015
cp2dec1:

Few questions

What operating system?
What drivers are you missing? (go to device manager and list all the drivers with a yellow notification)

And why is the "techie" not fixing this issue he probably caused?
OS is Windows 7, though we made a failed attempt at stepping up to Windows 8. Network Controller is the only thing here with the yellow notification. As for the techie, i could only spare him 7 hours of unsuccessful attempts before i left town for an assignment.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tobsam237(m): 12:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Please Help....

I use Dell inspiron 5520... Core i5... windows 7...

My system is on the verge of crashing.... I uninstalled my anti virus two months ago due to I found out it wasn't too efficient....
I had been careful about downloading, flash drives and other sources of virus,.... pending when I get a new anti virus,..

last week... after charging a techno phone with my laptop,.... I realised its booting process became slow.... Then... Programs started hanging....

I decided to get a Kaspersky 2015 antivirus.... While installing... it kept asking me to reboot.... I decided to do defragmention.... Which was cancelling itself..... also... I tried d "Clean up option".... It's also hanging,.... I tried installing Registry Repair software.... Found 442 errors but wiped only 25 of them.... I uninstalled that.... I tried Kavremover but not responding..... I also freed my Harddisk memory of over 200Gig....

Yet, the system is still hanging and very very slow.....

I am running out of ideas.... I don't want to format the whole thing....

Any advice?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kepal99(m): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pls oo, my system copaq CQ58's screen is bad. Dunno how much it costs. Heard its paper scree Pls oo, my system copaq CQ58's screen is bad. Dunno how much it costs. Heard its paper screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kepal99(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
Having issue with shortcut virus and some other. Viruses on my system. Thinking for formatting already. What's the best antivirus to get for my system. Want to startup with a new antivirus after formatting.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
coldFLARES1:
Alright, when i want to play my game of 'hearts' here's the first feedback: hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver, which could slow game performance. Make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on. So, there it is sir.

Well it helps now that you gave us the exact error you are getting...
This is not really a driver issue...rather a settings issue...

Right click on your desktop and click on screen resolution
look at lower right corner and click on Advanced settings
Go to the troubleshooting tab and click on Change Settings
Now make sure the Hardware acceleration slider is moved to enable.
Dont forget to click OK....you may be asked to restart...if not...just restart and try playing your game.

As far as you network controller....you may need to get that driver installed if you are thinking of using internet....you may need both the wireless and wired driver.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
Tobsam237:
Please Help....

I use Dell inspiron 5520... Core i5... windows 7...

My system is on the verge of crashing.... I uninstalled my anti virus two months ago due to I found out it wasn't too efficient....
I had been careful about downloading, flash drives and other sources of virus,.... pending when I get a new anti virus,..

last week... after charging a techno phone with my laptop,.... I realised its booting process became slow.... Then... Programs started hanging....

I decided to get a Kaspersky 2015 antivirus.... While installing... it kept asking me to reboot.... I decided to do defragmention.... Which was cancelling itself..... also... I tried d "Clean up option".... It's also hanging,.... I tried installing Registry Repair software.... Found 442 errors but wiped only 25 of them.... I uninstalled that.... I tried Kavremover but not responding..... I also freed my Harddisk memory of over 200Gig....

Yet, the system is still hanging and very very slow.....

I am running out of ideas.... I don't want to format the whole thing....

Any advice?

I'm sorry but at this point in your PC life....reformatting is the best thing to do at this point.

Now....there is a way to successfully do this thing without losing all your files. It requires a little patient but its efficient. You need to first shrink your hard drive and secure a enough space to save all your personal files in there.

Then when you reformat to install windows...make sure you dont touch the drive you saved your files into. once you login after installation of windows....you should be able to access all your personal files.

Now the key thing here is that you need to make sure none of those personal files are infected with any virus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by coldFLARES1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
cp2dec1:

Well it helps now that you gave us the exact error you are getting...
This is not really a driver issue...rather a settings issue...

Right click on your desktop and click on screen resolution
look at lower right corner and click on Advanced settings
Go to the troubleshooting tab and click on Change Settings
Now make sure the Hardware acceleration slider is moved to enable.
Dont forget to click OK....you may be asked to restart...if not...just restart and try playing your game.

As far as you network controller....you may need to get that driver installed if you are thinking of using internet....you may need both the wireless and wired driver.
thanks a lot, i did as instructed but ended up discovering that it was enabled all along. Still no progress
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
coldFLARES1:
thanks a lot, i did as instructed but ended up discovering that it was enabled all along. Still no progress

Wow....it looks like this is then going to be a display driver issue. Not sure what that techie did....but you may need to make sure your display driver is updated correctly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Collinz2(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
coldFLARES1:
if u are having drivers issues. Search, download and install this driver pack software "driverpack solution" that what i use 4 my ethernet and display drivers. It wil update ur drivers 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Collinz2:
system restore iz what crash my hp
hmmm
Dat rear
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horlardorjah(m): 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Plz my gurus, my hp probook stopped displayin battery status. Wat can I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Collinz2(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
zyzxx:
hmmm
Dat rear
am serious, my bluetooth stop working and i di a system restore and my lappy wont boot up properly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Collinz2:
am serious, my bluetooth stop working and i di a system restore and my lappy wont boot up properly.
it a bad coincidence sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Collinz2(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
zyzxx:
it a bad coincidence sir
am stil tryin 2 reinstall the os bt the dvd rom did nt work so i need a flash to do it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Collinz2:
am stil tryin 2 reinstall the os bt the dvd rom did nt work so i need a flash to do it.
ok
Dat also Gud
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
kepal99:
Having issue with shortcut virus and some other. Viruses on my system. Thinking for formatting already. What's the best antivirus to get for my system. Want to startup with a new antivirus after formatting.
Download Malwarebyte and Usb fix, it they worked for me when I had similar issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kingsley989(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
kepal99:
Download Malwarebyte and Usb fix, they worked for me when I had similar issue. Try them
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 12:38am On Apr 10, 2015
korexes:
i have sorted it out
how did you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MIDAS43: 4:20am On Apr 10, 2015
LENOVO THINKPAD X61s,X60,T42,T43
DELL LATTITUDE 620,630,2100,FOR SALE
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Binael: 9:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Pls help. One of my usb ports just went dead. I went to device manager and checked it, it was showing that the port driver is workn properly.....don't know what else to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Please how do I set password for documents on my PC
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kepal99(m): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2015
kingsley989:

Download Malwarebyte and Usb fix, they worked for me when I had similar issue. Try them
. Thanks brov!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
oniex:
Please how do I set password for documents on my PC

What kind of documents?

If you are referring to Word document...what version of Word do you have?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
Binael:
Pls help. One of my usb ports just went dead. I went to device manager and checked it, it was showing that the port driver is workn properly.....don't know what else to do

If that port is not recognizing any usb device...make sure to try another known good usb device on that port...if the same issue exists...then you really do have a bad port....if its really a big problem for you (from what you said...it sounds you have other ports working as well) then your motherboard needs to be changed.

usually the usb ports are attached to the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Binael: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
cp2dec1:

If that port is not recognizing any usb device...make sure to try another known good usb device on that port...if the same issue exists...then you really do have a bad port....if its really a big problem for you (from what you said...it sounds you have other ports working as well) then your motherboard needs to be changed.

usually the usb ports are attached to the motherboard
that doesn't come cheap boss
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Binael:
that doesn't come cheap boss

I totally agree...and i wouldnt bother myself with it if you have other ports that are working. I, myself have the same issue...one of my usb ports damaged while i was changing out a motherboard on my laptop....but im fine with that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Binael: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
cp2dec1:

I totally agree...and i wouldnt bother myself with it if you have other ports that are working. I, myself have the same issue...one of my usb ports damaged while i was changing out a motherboard on my laptop....but im fine with that.
u dy sharp pass, I'm still within my warranty, good if I take it to the vendor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.