Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1272659 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
bjhaid:
how much will it cost me?

We can give a cost price of what we have not seen or diagnosed! Its until we see the machine
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
tonyxrated:
My hp dv6000
The graphics got very big, and later when I rebooted it refuse to display rather it will make a beep sound 3times

Pls what is the problem, and how can I resolve it?

Big display is clear indication of a driver issue. Sounds like your system may have defaulted back to "Standard VGA adapter"

But since you are unable to see any display at all...then you may have a bad video card. But do check the beeps you are getting from the manufacurers website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
Akell:
[size=14pt]Please house, I need you here.
My Brian Laptop displayed this error message as soon as a switched it on just now.

"SMART Failure predicted on Hard Disk 0
Immediately backup your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent."

I need urgent help please. I really need this laptop for my numerous works.

I stay in Yaba (Unilag)
Cc: deji2009
bigt2
Adetwin
...other responses are also welcome[/size]
or takes a great courage to face the tide of smart test. for the records, smart means self monitoring and reporting technique. Once the hard disk fails this test, is periodontal failure or permanent crash is inevitable. I'll advice you to speed at ussein bolt frequency too get a new one or backup and fold your arms. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2015
DorcasShalom:
hello pple, is apple laptop gud, sum1 wants to sell iy to me 45k

What is the model number?

Make sure is not stolen because
The owner can track it and report it/block it by using
Apple's cloud technologies. Make sure you are given a
Magsafe charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DorcasShalom: 4:44am On Apr 14, 2015
thanks, I will get d, model number but does the battery last.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2015
Guys in the house morning. Pls i want to buy anti virus, which one should i go for and why? Thanks in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:10am On Apr 14, 2015
ysquare:
Guys in the house morning. Pls i want to buy anti virus, which one should i go for and why? Thanks in advance

Microsoft security essential is free and uses less resources
designed by windows for you With Windows's operating systems.

Top tip: Always check your antivirus for alerts !

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2015
DorcasShalom:
thanks, I will get d, model number but does the battery last.

Top Tip: Batteries are consumable items and depends on how you use it. You
Would save energy by adjusting your screen brightness and making sure you get
Battery low message before charging it. This action helps the battery to last longer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2015
cp2dec1:

Big display is clear indication of a driver issue. Sounds like your system may have defaulted back to "Standard VGA adapter"

But since you are unable to see any display at all...then you may have a bad video card. But do check the beeps you are getting from the manufacurers website.

@poster follow the above advice and also Google hp dv recall. Is it NVIDIA? You would
Find this information next to the touchpad.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DorcasShalom: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2015
deji2009:

Top Tip: Batteries are consumable items and depends on how you use it. You
Would save energy by adjusting your screen brightness and making sure you get
Battery low message before charging it. This action helps the battery to last longer.
wow, thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ysquare(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
deji2009:

Microsoft security essential is free and uses less resources
designed by windows for you With Windows's operating systems.

Top tip: Always check your antivirus for alerts !

how do i get it please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mofetemi(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
Once in a while, my laptop (hp window cool brightness will just automatically decrease totally and the cursor will not respond again but immediately I press f3 key, it comes up and the cursor works, and sometimes decreases automatically again. But after persistent press of the f3 key, these two problems will stop. PLEASE, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE CAUSE OF THIS MALFUNCTIONING
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
I have been trying to run quickbook point of sale multi-store on windows 7 and 8 but it has refused to run and pls I need assistance to make it work and run!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
ysquare:

how do i get it please

Open up your windows update.....it should be one of your available updates

If its not then go to this site to download http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
Mofetemi:
Once in a while, my laptop (hp window cool brightness will just automatically decrease totally and the cursor will not respond again but immediately I press f3 key, it comes up and the cursor works, and sometimes decreases automatically again. But after persistent press of the f3 key, these two problems will stop. PLEASE, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THE CAUSE OF THIS MALFUNCTIONING

This sounds like a power management issue. Most times manufacturer's image comes with their own power management software that determines when the screen should dim. I'm guessing the F3 function key allows you to wake the computer back up for that laptop.

Who manufactured the computer....?
Look for any power management software that is installed and edit the settings...or you can disable it and use microsoft's power options tools.

Now if this issue just started all of a sudden...then you may need to update your drivers and your bios firmware as well.

HP usually house their bios firmware on their website.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
peleson:
I have been trying to run quickbook point of sale multi-store on windows 7 and 8 but it has refused to run and pls I need assistance to make it work and run!

Well, what exactly does it do when you try to open the software?

Are you getting any errors?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Janyves(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Esteemed geeks in the house......... Is it possible to get a fresh motherboard for a compaq 6735s? Its always indicating graphics issue, that's why I tot of reviving it by sourcing for a working board.
Please help me out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
I want to change the casing, screen and keyboard of my hp probook 4510s..... How much should I budget for this? Location :Imo State
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 2:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
cp2dec1:

Well, what exactly does it do when you try to open the software?

Are you getting any errors?
It starts loading unending! It does finish loading at all,if u like,leave it for 3days
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 2:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
peleson:

It starts loading unending! It does finish loading at all,if u like,leave it for 3days

It sounds like you may have to uninstall and install the software again. If you are able to do that...please try that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
Janyves:
Esteemed geeks in the house......... Is it possible to get a fresh motherboard for a compaq 6735s? Its always indicating graphics issue, that's why I tot of reviving it by sourcing for a working board.
Please help me out

Its possible!! Pls kindly send a msg on WhatsApp No 07082998588, we get in touch with you as soon as it's available but pls ur location?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
cp2dec1:

It sounds like you may have to uninstall and install the software again. If you are able to do that...please try that.
I already did but same issue! Pls what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
peleson:

I already did but same issue! Pls what else can I do?

Im sorry but im not sure what else specifically that could be causing the issue.

I would recommend utilizing system restore and going back to the last day the software worked for you.

Dont be scared of using system restore...as long as you are not going too far back...maybe a week or two weeks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by UcGadaz(m): 4:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
UcGadaz:
I want to change the casing, screen and keyboard of my hp probook 4510s..... How much should I budget for this? Location :Imo State

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gaiusolayinka: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pls nairalander,I got my Asus mini-laptop screen damaged dis afternoon.Pls how much will it cost me to fix it?
Its ASUS AR5B125 Wit screen no;eeepcx101ch.pls reply fast.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
cp2dec1:

Im sorry but im not sure what else specifically that could be causing the issue.

I would recommend utilizing system restore and going back to the last day the software worked for you.

Dont be scared of using system restore...as long as you are not going too far back...maybe a week or two weeks
Have not used both systems in over a year now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Janyves(m): 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
adetwin:

Its possible!! Pls kindly send a msg on WhatsApp No 07082998588, we get in touch with you as soon as it's available but pls ur location?
I stay in lagos..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2015
Please I need subscription license for avast Internet security 2015.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2015
cp2dec1:

Thanks alot! I did the system restore. It worked on the window 7 but not on windows 8. On the windows 8, it shows errow1311 which I do not understand. Pls what else can I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
peleson:

Thanks alot! I did the system restore. It worked on the window 7 but not on windows 8. On the windows 8, it shows errow1311 which I do not understand. Pls what else can I do?

Now when did you get that error...was it in the course of doing the system restore OR trying to open up the software again?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by perrol(m): 11:33am On Apr 16, 2015
please help , i was trying to instal window XP on a pc but what am seeing is NTLDR is missing. please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kayus1(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
please i will like you to help me out on the issue am having with my computer.

the f12 key is only showing orange colour which is therefore stopping the wireless to work and the bluetooth. i have tried many means to repair the wireless but i found out that it is not the wireless problem but the f12 key

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.